Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

cc to notepads?

Soo... I don't know if this is the correct location to make this thread in? So apologizes if I got the wrong place.
Secondly, this is something a friend of mine is having problems with? We're online friends so I'm not entirely sure how to help her about this (nor have I ever came across this problem before?)

Apparently she was getting help from someone else on something and somehow they turned all her package files and mods into notepad files? And from the sounds of it whenever she tries to download other cc/mods it just automatically turns into notepad files too.

Comments

• Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    The files themselves haven't changed. The reason they look like Notepad files is that your friend has created an association within Windows: that if she tries to open a file with a .package extension, Windows should use Notepad by default. That's what the icon means.

If your friend is bothered by the aesthetics, she can choose a different default application for .package files. But it won't matter to Sims 3; the game reads the files in the same way no matter what Windows thinks of them. If your friend's mods and custom content aren't working, it's possible she damaged the files by trying to open them, and she should try downloading new copies. While they'll still have the Notepad icon, the new copies should be intact.
  • Options
    LiliasSerasLiliasSeras Posts: 174 Member
    The files themselves haven't changed. The reason they look like Notepad files is that your friend has created an association within Windows: that if she tries to open a file with a .package extension, Windows should use Notepad by default. That's what the icon means.

If your friend is bothered by the aesthetics, she can choose a different default application for .package files. But it won't matter to Sims 3; the game reads the files in the same way no matter what Windows thinks of them. If your friend's mods and custom content aren't working, it's possible she damaged the files by trying to open them, and she should try downloading new copies. While they'll still have the Notepad icon, the new copies should be intact.

Ah, I see!
    Thank you! I'll let her know!
  • Options
    LiliasSerasLiliasSeras Posts: 174 Member
    I talked to my friend today!
    I just copied and pasted the information to her but she said she already tried redownloading the mods and they wouldn't work still so now she's going to try deleting everything (I think?) And just starting over.