Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Caught by Surprise in TS4. How Refreshing!

I am not complaining. I am actually pleased.
I want unexpected situations to take me by surprise.
Anyone else with out-of-left-field stories, please share them.
The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Comments

• CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited July 2022
    I have two sims who are busy fashion models.
    When they are not working, they are doing yoga at the spa, honing their Karaoke skills, or burning up the dance floor.
    07-03-22_3-02-43_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    One of their problems is their apartment.
    Appliances are constantly breaking and I was tired of calling in a repair person. I also wanted improved features on certain objects.
    07-04-22_3-15-21_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

So I had one of my other sims move in (Meadow Thayer) who possessed decent handiness skills. I moved her in with no simoleons and I intended to move her out with 5000 in payment once she had upgraded all their appliances.
    07-04-22_3-18-23_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Well imagine my surprise when student loan services called wanting payment from Meadow.
    No biggie. I paid it. And then got another call immediately. I paid that too, and was then given notice that they were sending over a repo-person to take items from my model sim's apartment.
    07-04-22_3-35-48_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

She sat down and took a seat and started watching television.
    You better not dare take their TV, I was thinking.
    07-04-22_3-37-08_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Satisfied, she walked up to the bedrooms.
    07-04-22_3-38-24_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    Oh, just take something and get out.
    07-04-22_3-39-17_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Pricey laptop, it figures.
    07-04-22_3-40-04_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Meadow, Meadow, Meadow...
    I didn't know the clock was ticking on Student Loans while you are off on a rotation with other sims.
    It's not a big deal, I will just deduct it from her pay. 1,800, for value of the laptop and the two student loan payments.
    07-04-22_3-41-23_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Another surprise, but a pleasant one was having Melonie Bloom show up.
    I rotated from her quite a while ago, so it was nice to see her again.
    07-04-22_3-44-35_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    She is a good friend of Meadow and was here to see her.
    07-04-22_3-44-48_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Fine, fine, now get back to work.
    07-04-22_3-46-16_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I want her out before the student loan people show up again.
    She owes more student loan money than what my models are going to pay her for upgrading their stuff.
    07-04-22_4-17-53_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Now back to the model life.
    07-04-22_4-24-05_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    Unfortunately I feel like the sims 4 lacks surprise. Sims generally do the same thing, and everyone seems to get along without any negative consequence. It feels like for anything negative or dangerous to happen to your sim, you as the player has to initiate it. While I don't enjoy seeing sims die, I liked how in previous games, misfortune (even if minor, like having a bad conversation) could strike at any time.
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
    edited July 2022
    Unfortunately I feel like the sims 4 lacks surprise. Sims generally do the same thing, and everyone seems to get along without any negative consequence. It feels like for anything negative or dangerous to happen to your sim, you as the player has to initiate it. While I don't enjoy seeing sims die, I liked how in previous games, misfortune (even if minor, like having a bad conversation) could strike at any time.

Yeah, and my example wasn't really a designed one.
    I was just shocked because I just knew that the only way I would ever see the repo-person was if I deliberately did not pay my sims bills just to make it happen. It's not like they will ever get into any financial trouble and can't pay their student loans.

So it was really funny to actually see it happen without me intentionally making it happen. :)
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Thanks for sharing!

Funny enough something unexpected just happened while I was playing. My household's butler showed up randomly on the family's vacation in the middle of the night.

Now there are 3 double beds and 5 family members. I caught the butler marching to one of the beds with a thought bubble over his head to claim it as his.

Excuse me? No Mr. Bennett. You invited yourself. You're definitely getting the air mattress, sir! :lol:
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
    HopeyStarr wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing!

Funny enough something unexpected just happened while I was playing. My household's butler showed up randomly on the family's vacation in the middle of the night.

Now there are 3 double beds and 5 family members. I caught the butler marching to one of the beds with a thought bubble over his head to claim it as his.

Excuse me? No Mr. Bennett. You invited yourself. You're definitely getting the air mattress, sir! :lol:

Would he get up in the middle of the night if you rang that bell for a midnight snack?
    I would so ring it.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    edited July 2022
    My first surprise from out of left field, was when Thorne Bailey up and retired from the Entertainment Career. :open_mouth: He did show up to a Starlight Accolade Show once after that. I just recalled the very slight 'imagined' rivalry with my Rock Star. Erik has been on a winning streak and sometimes, Thorne would be well, you know. Thorne! The second surprise was when Dirk Dreamer died suddenly. HIs bowl of cereal burst into flames. The Accolade Show feels empty now. The game isn't too inclined to fill the void. Not long after Thorne retired to become a Stay-At-Home dad, he drowned in his swimming pool. It's all too sad. He and Erik had become friends, as well as Dirk and Erik. The Accolades just aren't the same. I have noticed Erik's mother a Proper Celebrity on her own, has been showing up to the Sunday evening Event. She's actually won a total of four trophies. One for her art, too. Erik has now won seventeen Best Song Awards, so he was always better than Thorne, anyway. But still. Occasionally, Judith will grace the audience with her presence. But some of the others are no-shows. It's just not the same.

ETCorrect: Discovered my typo. Wrote pretense, instead of presence. Freudian slip?

Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    My first surprise from out of left field, was when Thorne Bailey up and retired from the Entertainment Career. :open_mouth: He did show up to a Starlight Accolade Show once after that. I just recalled the very slight 'imagined' rivalry with my Rock Star. Erik has been on a winning streak and sometimes, Thorne would be well, you know. Thorne! The second surprise was when Dirk Dreamer died suddenly. HIs bowl of cereal burst into flames. The Accolade Show feels empty now. The game isn't too inclined to fill the void. Not long after Thorne retired to become a Stay-At-Home dad, he drowned in his swimming pool. It's all too sad. He and Erik had become friends, as well as Dirk and Erik. The Accolades just aren't the same. I have noticed Erik's mother a Proper Celebrity on her own, has been showing up to the Sunday evening Event. She's actually won a total of four trophies. One for her art, too. Erik has now won seventeen Best Song Awards, so he was always better than Thorne, anyway. But still. Occasionally, Judith will grace the audience with her pretense. But some of the others are no-shows. It's just not the same.

:o By game play or by design?
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    edited July 2022
    @CK213 I think it was NS. I don't play the premades and certainly not the ones that came with Get Famous. I got a pop-up about Thorne retiring and then Dirk died, Then Thorne drowned. All pop-up notices. Not even by design. It's not in my nature to kill Sims.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    @CK213 I think it was NS. I don't play the premades and certainly not the ones that came with Get Famous. I got a pop-up about Thorne retiring and then Dirk died, Then Thorne drowned. All pop-up notices. Not even by design. It's not in my nature to kill Sims.

So story progression did it?
    I have yet to turn that on. :D
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Hi CK! Yeah, I haven't turned mine on either...keep forgetting they are there, lol.

So far I've been getting the routine, so and so moved to yada, so and so adopted a dog, etc. No one has died that I've read, since they released the NS. That's normal for me, routine, not so much drama. :|
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.