Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New occult features?

JALJAL Posts: 1,031 Member
I've been thinking since the Werewolf pack came out and we got the choice to limit Werewolves to just one world, if this is something that would be desirable for all the occults in game, as a "per occult" and "per save" basis so that we could choose if and what to restrict so I could if I wanted to restrict vampires to Forgotten Hollow - or leave them roaming the world as I please. Vampires, werewolves and mermaids are fairly straight forward, they each come with a specific world. For other occults my suggestions would be:

Aliens I'm thinking two options you could choose between:
  • Restricted to Sixam (you can visit through a worm hole but they cannot go to earth, only aliens you create in CAS are on earth, so no alien activity unless you actively go looking for it)
  • Restricted to the desert worlds (Oasis Springs, Strangerville) but activity radically ramped up in those areas in return.

Ghosts would be difficult limiting to a specific world, but perhaps instead to certain lots. For instance you could choose between:
  • Lot they died on or live on
  • Lot their gravestone/urn is on (allowing us to create awesome haunted graveyards or houses)
  • The hidden lots (Sylvan Glade and Forgotten Grotto) to create our own afterlife worlds, where you can visit but ghost can't leave (unless invited to an event/club meeting or added to a living family)

At the same time they could remove the need to eat, sleep or other worldly, bodily functions for ghosts as they probably would have none of that.

Obviously the choice of choosing none of this and just keeping it as it is now would also be an option. What do you think? Would this be a good idea?
Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!

Comments

• JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    Excellent idea! Definitely hope Sims teams will address in a future update. Love the occult sims, but hate seeing them spawn at San Myshuno events or in Komorebi. And Vlad's attacks always screw up my gameplay: the night before a job promotion, a birthday party, a holiday.
    So annoying.
  • TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member
    Yes, I'd love that.

I hate when a bunch of aliens show up at the local pub in Henford-on-Bagley or Mages stroll in Evergreen Harbor.

And I agree that ghosts should only haunt the place where they died or their grave is located and haunted lots, but not roam around freely anywhere, anytime of the day like any other NPC characters.
    Feel free to download content from My Gallery
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,031 Member
    Yes, I'd love that.

I hate when a bunch of aliens show up at the local pub in Henford-on-Bagley or Mages stroll in Evergreen Harbor.

And I agree that ghosts should only haunt the place where they died or their grave is located and haunted lots, but not roam around freely anywhere, anytime of the day like any other NPC characters.

With ghosts, especially, I'd love a full revamp of them in general.
    • No bodily needs (fun and social can remain, but none of the others)
    • New needs that are specific to ghosts (return to grave/netherworld for instance)
    • They should be able to be created in CAS (so you can create old haunting families)
    • In CAS you should be able to set their death type, and which lot they died on so you tie them to a specific lot (like the chalet ghosts in Windenburg)
    • They should be able to form relationships with other ghosts (so married couples could be together as ghosts)
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member
    In addition to locking down worlds like Moonwood Mill, Forgotten Hollow and Glimmerbrook, I would like to be able to designate increased occult activity for individual lots, the way Vampires did with the Vampire Nexus and Vampire Lair lot traits. Additional lot traits could help with all occults, and shouldn’t be that hard to implement.

Ghosts A “Graveyard” trait would be available on a lot for ghosts whose urns/tombstones are placed there. During the day families could come and pay respects/ mourn but ghosts would haunt at night. There is a mod that does something like this.

Aliens. An “Alien Base” trait would allow aliens to interact autonomously as aliens and increase chances of abductions for regular sims..

Spellcasters An “Enchanting” trait would allow Spellcasters to practice autonomous magic in their residence or on other lots.

I agree that ghosts should not have human bodily needs, and should have specific needs of their own.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Locking Glimmerbrook would be nice, give the witches more secrecy in their actions, and more reactions when they venture beyond their realm.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,947 Member
    edited July 2022
    I don't mind my occults showing up everywhere

maybe i would like humans to be banned from certain worlds or lots :lol:

but I would like toggle to disable occults from random townie generation all together and/or each occult separately

not only would this allow non occult players to play fully occult free games if they so choose (cause once you cure the existing ones game wouldn't spawn more)

as occult player i just want to choose myself who gets to be occult and who doesn't + i want to choose what my vampires and aliens etc look like instead of having game spawn some ridiculous goggle freaks constantly

well same for famous sims i hate how game will just spawn these nonsense sims that are supposedly global superstar at birth and have done literally nothing to earn their fame and just walk all over judith and bella like argh i hate it so much
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    @cyncie I love the suggestion of using lot traits to increase activities of certain occults. A great way to control who spawns where.

@simmingal Why not be able to ban humans from example Sixam, Forgotten Hollow or Glimmerbrook? I think that would be an awesome feature. Overall, more flexibility in how and what we do, giving us more options on how to play the game our way - and to adapt it per save so that we can do differently.
    • Post apocalypse world with only a handful of humans and no townie generation? - Sure thing.
    • Alien sim crashed on earth and trying to get back home and there are no other aliens on earth at all - Fine. No problem.
    • Vampires are trying to take over the world and are everywhere attacking people right, left and centre - Better watch out.
    • My plane crashed in the jungle and I'm all alone in the abandoned ruins on Selvadorada with no other human beings here, trying to survive on what nature gives? Ok, have fun.
    • There are no such things as occults and only humans exist, Forgotten Hollow, Sixam, Glimmerbrook doesn't exist in my world and all ghosts are trapped in Sylvan Glade. - Your choice.

• cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited July 2022
    I used mods to ban any nonresident, like that insufferable Nancy Landgraab and Eliza Pancakes, out of Glimmerbrook and Forgotten Hollow. Having that option in game would be nice. I would also love to be able to link worlds. For example, I’ve got Newcrest and Magnolia Promenade set up as “Mooncrest,” a culturally diverse city of supernatural beings, and HOB as the village that Glimmerbrook is an extension of. It would be great to designate that the sims can freely travel between these worlds, but other sims can’t. That’s a lot of control, though.
    cyncie wrote: »
    I used mods to ban any nonresident, like that insufferable Nancy Landgraab and Eliza Pancakes, out of Glimmerbrook and Forgotten Hollow. Having that option in game would be nice. I would also love to be able to link worlds. For example, I’ve got Newcrest and Magnolia Promenade set up as “Mooncrest,” a culturally diverse city of supernatural beings, and HOB as the village that Glimmerbrook is an extension of. It would be great to designate that the sims can freely travel between these worlds, but other sims can’t. That’s a lot of control, though.

It is and as much as I would love it I think it might be too difficult. I'm thinking that if it wasn't hard, modders would have done it already, but I could be wrong, I'm not a programmer. Limiting sims to one world (or one lot) is something else though, that is something that should be possible to put in game.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    I would love more secrecy and quarrels among the supernaturals. We find books and such on fights between them. Have Vlad join Rory to stop the Sages' attempts to take over their pray.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Werewolves to stop turning invisable
    Aliens to have the same copy to sim in CAS
    Mermaids to stop putting on random generate outfits that I didn't put on them & to stop being glitchy