This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

What are you doing to prepare your game for High School Years?

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    I'm the same I want to wait to download mods until the Aging is fixed... then I'll redo my mod folder.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,940 Member
    I was making clubs for extracurricular activities, but now that we know that we can't even start club gatherings at the school, I'm back to zero interest, zero preparation.
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,936 Member
    Not playing the household with the teen in it. XD

Other than that, nothing really.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,559 Member
    Just installed a new internet gateway.
    Coincidental to HSY, but downloading is going to be so much quicker now.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    Does the library feature any gameplay? As in, if I delete it will I lose functions?
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,102 Member
    I spent most of yesterday divided among finishing up the latest build, and playing my Flashback save. When I reported there was no aging difference, I had quite forgotten I set this save on aging off. I will be careful to set it to Normal before I allow aging to begin. It's mostly a throwaway save anyway. I just wanted to take my Rock Star through high school. He reached Global Superstar in my Main save while a Teen over the three weeks of summer. I use MCCC so the kids could 'quit' school, for the time. I was also using LilmsSam's 21 day Seasons over 28 days. I've since removed that one as it has this nasty way of Borking the Starlight Accolades Show. Can't hand out awards if there is no Host and basically others just walk off of the lot!

At any rate, I got the build done enough to substitute the house I had them living in. I'm nervous, but ready to play HSY. I just hope the girl Erik fancies, will show up at school. She's in another household I created. But with the Sims randomly aging up I'm wondering if the game will pull from the existing Teens in a person's game to populate the school? Makes sense to me, over randomly generating them. But, we'll see. I do know that if I leave one of my households to play another one, my active Sim can go visit and find the school aged kids still at home. :open_mouth: Somebody call the Truant Officer! Oh, that's right they got rid of them ages ago …
  • Options
    Not playing the household with the teen in it. XD

Other than that, nothing really.

Sorry to hear that.
  • Options
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    I was making clubs for extracurricular activities, but now that we know that we can't even start club gatherings at the school, I'm back to zero interest, zero preparation.

When and from whom, did we learn this?
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

EnglishSimmer
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    Well, Liberty and Travis aged up to adult prematurely, so I'm afraid to go into that game again. I guess I'm totally unprepared for the pack, lol.

Do you have/use mods? Some are suggesting that the hot fix for MCCC is what did it in their game. I have two saves folders going. One for my Main save and the second one strictly as a Flashback save. I decided I wanted to take my Rock Star through high school, hence the Flashback save. Just checked the kids in that one. All is well.

If you're not opposed to using mods, there is a way to cheat them back down with MCCC. You can select just how many days into an age level the Sim is. If you're not into mods, then may I suggest you do a roll back, or a game save recovery? Or, take your Sims into cas.fulleditmode and change their ages. You don't have to put up with this, is all I'm saying. There are remedies.

Thanks! No mods, and I don't plan to get MCCC. But I will play them again, just not before there's a fix for the aging problem. Thanks for the suggestions, though.

You could opt, I suppose to turn aging off. Then you won't have to wait so long, possibly.
  • Options

EnglishSimmer

Oh. Okay. But must you hold the Club Meetings on campus? I may try to have my Rock Star do an impromptu concert.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

EnglishSimmer

Oh. Okay. But must you hold the Club Meetings on campus? I may try to have my Rock Star do an impromptu concert.

Nope. Game doesn’t let you. You can invite people and group up, just not official club gatherings.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options

EnglishSimmer

Nope. Game doesn’t let you. You can invite people and group up, just not official club gatherings.

They flat out broke the Club System? :open_mouth: Now I'm thankful I've never really used that system. Never really worked for me, but then again I never really put in that much effort. Yikes. I've read of how many players use this system. This will not go down well.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,940 Member

EnglishSimmer

They flat out broke the Club System? :open_mouth: Now I'm thankful I've never really used that system. Never really worked for me, but then again I never really put in that much effort. Yikes. I've read of how many players use this system. This will not go down well.

Yes, it's rather disheartening, after I spent a good bit of last weekend creating clubs for afterschool activities. As others have suggested, we can still use those clubs at a different location other than the school or auditorium... but if I'm going to do that, I don't really see the point in buying HSY, at least until it goes on sale (since now I'll mostly be buying it for the world and a handful of the CAS and B/B assets).
  • Options
    kemowerykemowery Posts: 373 Member
    I have a save that's about as good as my memory and my CAS skills will let me recreate the people I went to high school with. And then I'll get HSY once I've figured out which mods are causing minor graphical bugs with some CAS icons after the new patch and any new bugs introduced with the patch and DLC are fixed.