This site will go into read-only mode on July 18th as the new Forums.EA.com are now live.

What are you doing to prepare your game for High School Years?

Comments

• Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I don't know if anyone's interested, but here is a list of premade teens in the game:

Cassandra Goth - Willow Creek
    Malcolm Landgraab - Oasis Springs
    Luna Villareal - Windenburg
    Hugo Villareal - Windenburg
    Sofia Bjergson - Windenburg
    Yuki Behr - Windenburg
    Morgan Fyres - Windenburg
    Wolfgang Munch - Windenburg
    Rohan Elderberry - Britechester
    Jeb Harris - Evergreen Harbor
    Kyoshi Ito - Mt. Komorebi
    Kaori Nishidake - Mt. Komorebi
    Duane Talla - Sulani
    Darling Walsh - San Myshuno
    Gemma Charm - Glimmerbrook
    Rashidah Watson - Henford-on-Bagley
    Rahul Chopra - Henford-on-Bagley
    Greta Laurent - Tartosa
    Jacob Volkov - Moonwood Mill
  • Options
    jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 188 Member
    Truthfully the thing I'm prepping for more than anything is the base game update. Just like with likes and dislikes, sexual orientation is something I've been on the lookout for for a long time.

I'm also looking forward to some of the traits and teen-only aspirations that come with the pack. So for my active save (that I paused at the first generation because that's when High School was announced), I'm going to make sure to update all the relevant sims that are part of my rotation only. I'll ignore the other sims unless they become part of my story.

But in terms of my other save, which I call my template save, I actually deleted it and started from scratch. It feels like way too much work to update all of those sims so instead I'm just focusing on building it up and once the base game update hits on Tuesday I'll go through each world and update all the premades with makeovers, orientations, likes and dislikes, etc.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,662 Member
    @MVWdeZT woah! That's 19 teens without even counting our own or the ones from Copperdale.

No wonder we have only seen Cassandra and Malcolm get pulled to the school, they are the only base game ones.

I'm a bit concerned now though. If lots can only pull in a maximum of 20 sims, we need a 2nd high school lol.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,599 Member
    edited July 2022
    Been making some CC free lookbooks and playing around with some more look for teens. I do enjoy the preppy/socialite look.
    UkKv0wo.png
    lu7PVVF.png

Post edited by LadyKyn on
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,237 Member
    edited July 2022
    I'm now making full teen households. I just made a mixed occult teen household by changing & underaging some of my adult sims. I named them Kitty, Vampetta, Alienna & Mermarina along with their sortof human Grandmother & Aunt. I even went back into CAS to make the Grandmother & Aunt teens also. Basically, this family is secretly teens. :D:p

I'm now planning to make a Buffy Slayer, Wedneday Addams & Marilyn Munster teen household. ;)
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Reading up on the pack and hunting for CC so far.

I got cute sticker blushes for teens and CC-backpacks. Also wish that there was some kind of science table for adults that looked fun.

I asked Ravasheen for a converted kids science table for teens and up. It might take a while and someone else might do it first, but the request is out there.

Great idea!!
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,778 Member
    I’m so excited for this pack!

I’ve made a few new families with teens in the downtown world cause it’s been more or less neglected since City Living came out. I’ve made a sushi restaurant with a laundromat next door and dance studio upstairs so my teen sim, who lives with her family in a small apartment can do her homework while she does her laundry. Maybe she watches the cool kids practice their dance moves at the studio upstairs.
    I’m also going to make a library. I’ve never made one before but figure it ties in well to the rest of the packs I have.

I’m not sure I’ll build much in the new world from the pack but these will be great for use beyond the pack as well.

What are you guys doing?
    Go Raptors!
  • Options
    You probs didn't notice cos it dropped off the front page, but there is already a thread for this:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1000987/what-are-you-doing-to-prepare-your-game-for-high-school-years/p1
  • Options
    Gh4stlyG1rlGh4stlyG1rl Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm not really making anything extra for this pack but it does tie in fairly well with the storyline I'm doing.

My MC and her brother were sent to live with relatives when their mother passed away. The little brother ended up going to a kind of boarding school because he wasn't being challenged enough at public schools so I'm likely going to be using the school and townies as that location and incorporating them into the storyline in a few places. I'm still pretty stuck in the werewolf pack though lol
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,973 Member
    Imo if assets cannot be used outside of the pack what is there to prepare for? just like in CL and if there are only few features that may be used it is not enough for me to prepare for anything. Can you make a school outside of HSY w/o a mod being involved? I believe not.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,973 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    CK213 wrote: »
    Now that we have more information, I am making plans to convert my prep school dorm into a high school.
    All the extra academic activity objects are already there. My offices for the student counselor and school administrator will be converted to the principle's office and teacher's lounge. The bedrooms areas will become the two classrooms and a school library.

There is already a stage for acting in the basement.
    07-15-22_9-51-30_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    Science lab and art studio on the ground floor, as well as lockers, cafeteria, principles office.
    Classrooms and library on the upper floor.

07-15-22_11-23-40_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I am planning to move my school dorm to Copperdale.
    The only 45x50 is the park and it's really not the best area because it's designed to look like a park with no road for cars.
    But it's my only choice, unless I really scale down the dorm and move it into the town area. I will experiment with that option as well.

[Edit]
    I like this court, but winter will come.
    I am going to make a building out of this. All glass with a barrel vaulted roof.
    Work out equipment on the second floor, and showers and lockers in the basement.
    07-17-22_9-21-00_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I really like what you did with the basketball court. The color combination works well. I'm going to do a basketball court layout and color combination just like yours. :smiley:

I think I will go with Yellow as Copperdale's school colors.
    I had put in pale wood floors at first, but switched to a dark wood so I can keep the yellow and white.
    07-17-22_3-50-52_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I am ready to stop with major additions to this lot.
    This last change raised the height of my walls to accommodate the basketball hoops. And that changed my staircases.
    I gave up on the second floor for the gym. It made the building too massive. Workout equipment is in the basement.
    07-17-22_12-45-25_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I may attach the gym to the main building in the future.
    I can't wait to play it.

Such a beautiful build and I know it can be used in other neighborhoods, but will it function as a school as it would in Copperdale for that is what holding me back from really enjoying this pack if one can't use elements from Copperdale neighborhood.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,102 Member
    @lanlyn Not precisely. But I do very much want to take my Teen Global Superstar to high school. Problem is, he's a YA Uni-Grad, now with six (count 'em) six children! So, I did the only logical thing I could think of. I took my Base Erik from My Library and regenerated his family. I started him again and worked hard to get him to Global Superstardom. He's also won his first Best Song Accolade. So, he's ready to go. I will marry this Flashback save storyline into the Main Save, when Erik's eldest is ready to go to high school. I play on Long, so I may age Jamison up a tad sooner and have Erik tell his son of some of the antics that when on when he was there by weaving it in and out of the current storyline.
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    In my game I have been fixing buildings and making building, I had also making sim families but now I'll have to go back in CAS to update them, I have been playing only the son of the Campbell's who is a young adult and was married with two children until his wife fern found out of his affair with Julie Westfall who had two kids with him also, now Brandon is single from both girls and Is upset with him for doing both of them at the sometime, next is for him to find Miss Right and try not to have affair, He now has 4 kids with two different women,
  • Options
    lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    You probs didn't notice cos it dropped off the front page, but there is already a thread for this:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1000987/what-are-you-doing-to-prepare-your-game-for-high-school-years/p1

@elanorbreton Hey! I’m not too sure what you’re referring to since the link you’ve provided is to this same thread? Can you please help me understand and clarify?
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • Options
    jpajari wrote: »

@elanorbreton Hey! I’m not too sure what you’re referring to since the link you’ve provided is to this same thread? Can you please help me understand and clarify?

Lol, after I posted that it got combined with this thread by a simguru. It was a separate thread originally.
  • Options
    lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    jpajari wrote: »

Lol, after I posted that it got combined with this thread by a simguru. It was a separate thread originally.

Oh, gotcha. Thank you! :)
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    It's more like this pack was preparing itself for me. I have entire save that's dedicated to teens. I start that save as a teen, not YA and I age up from there. So I already have a huge teen community with boarding schools, clubs, community lots, communal living, a school and prom location etc

So I'm good to go
  • Options
    OmniNerd42OmniNerd42 Posts: 38 Member
    I have build 2 high school shells so far. Also I created a few families with lots of teens for it. I have one where the teens are occults with the worst traits possible who are being cared for by an old lady who is horrible at parenting. They also live in a house I made just to make they have it hard, So many challenges. Then I have some of the maxis cover sims who I aged down and gave new looks too a bit (without changing their face or bodies) who I also turned in to all occults. Even turned one of the cover sims into a servo, he got downloaded after a tragic climbing accident. It is 7 teens and a servo ready to cause me issues once I try to take them all to school at the same time. Can't wait.

Beyond that I have been waiting for today to come so I could update my SimSelf Family with the orientations (my sons are now accurate) and body hair. So happy to finally have my big family all updated. This pack & update are really going to help with that. So did University (thank you roommates for finally letting me have more sims in the house. We have 9 people and dog in my family. You can't do that in Sims.)

So yeah I have been thrilled and prepping for over a week now.
    Check Out My Current Sims 4 Creations
    Or
    Check Out My Older Sims 3 Account & Creations
    And
    Check Out My Live Stream Where teens throughout the Sims have runaway from home together. The drama is real!
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,927 Member
    I went through my game and I have 6 teens in households I play and perhaps a couple more teens in households I don't play. I thought maybe I can grab some sims from the gallery under maxis to turn them into teens. Then again when we get HSY it will come with additional teens. I should be good. Only thing I don't know if we could make the high school a club hangout...
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    I have been making sims and updating my sims until I notice them about to age up....and I just made them! so I had to turn off aging, I also had been building and fixing lots.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I have so much to do that I’ve put off until today since the pack doesn’t release tomorrow. I have a ton of teens to update preferences for and I need to add curved walls to my high school.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    Well, Liberty and Travis aged up to adult prematurely, so I'm afraid to go into that game again. I guess I'm totally unprepared for the pack, lol.
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 962 Member
    I just have a teen set aside in a new file so I can try out the new gameplay before using it in older save files. The gameplay looks great but I’ve already have plots/storylines going on and really not certain if it would be needed for those files.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,102 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    Well, Liberty and Travis aged up to adult prematurely, so I'm afraid to go into that game again. I guess I'm totally unprepared for the pack, lol.

Do you have/use mods? Some are suggesting that the hot fix for MCCC is what did it in their game. I have two saves folders going. One for my Main save and the second one strictly as a Flashback save. I decided I wanted to take my Rock Star through high school, hence the Flashback save. Just checked the kids in that one. All is well.

If you're not opposed to using mods, there is a way to cheat them back down with MCCC. You can select just how many days into an age level the Sim is. If you're not into mods, then may I suggest you do a roll back, or a game save recovery? Or, take your Sims into cas.fulleditmode and change their ages. You don't have to put up with this, is all I'm saying. There are remedies.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    MVWdeZT wrote: »

Do you have/use mods? Some are suggesting that the hot fix for MCCC is what did it in their game. I have two saves folders going. One for my Main save and the second one strictly as a Flashback save. I decided I wanted to take my Rock Star through high school, hence the Flashback save. Just checked the kids in that one. All is well.

If you're not opposed to using mods, there is a way to cheat them back down with MCCC. You can select just how many days into an age level the Sim is. If you're not into mods, then may I suggest you do a roll back, or a game save recovery? Or, take your Sims into cas.fulleditmode and change their ages. You don't have to put up with this, is all I'm saying. There are remedies.

Thanks! No mods, and I don't plan to get MCCC. But I will play them again, just not before there's a fix for the aging problem. Thanks for the suggestions, though.