This site will go into read-only mode on July 18th as the new Forums.EA.com are now live.

What are you doing to prepare your game for High School Years?

Comments

• Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I built a bougie, fun filled high school. But once the pack releases I might build a second one. I’m hoping some modders will add the option for more than 2 classes and having art and science classes (I’m hoping someone will mod the science table to be used by adults and teens) too. Until then the one I have will work just fine.

I also made my own ThrifTea and auditorium to match each other with the black and white, slightly modern color scheme I have going on.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    Sadly I'll need to make every teen in my world wear a uniform as an everyday outfit. It sucks that now they will always be in uniform but its the only way to make sure whatever teen is chosen to appear in the school will be uniformed. lol

On the more fun side both XFreezerBunnyX and Simspiration released a school build so I must make the tough decision of which school to use since I was hoping to have at least two schools but now I must only choose one. Whichever I choose I will preset the downstairs to have the classrooms on the first floor only and I will place all club rooms upstairs for the sake of sim navigation. I plan to use the school for club meetings so I will need to add a few rooms for each club. It will be fun remodeling the upstairs rooms to reflect the different clubs. (I really hope the get together clubs will allow them to meet here. Not sure if I can get the doors to be locked for only club members but I will try.)

Lastly I will need to go set up all of the clubs and their outfits. I need to make the cheer squad, chess club, occult club (for actual occults only), football team, swim team, garden club who will care for a small garden on the school, cooking club (hooray accidental fires), music club, art room, a drama club with a small stage hopefully, science club, and a crafters club. So many clubs to go preset (it will suck if it turns out the school lot isn't able to be used as a club meeting spot). ;-;

I don’t remember seeing a school build from XFreezerBunnyX, on his Channel or Twitter 🤔🤔

• Options
    airmanairman Posts: 18 Member
    I restarted one of my favorite families I liked playing as. The kids are child life stage and I have it set to long age cycle, so I can get more time in before I am able to get High School Years, and then I may age them up early if they aren't close to the correct age once I'm finally able to get the Expansion.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Reading up on the pack and hunting for CC so far.

I got cute sticker blushes for teens and CC-backpacks. Also wish that there was some kind of science table for adults that looked fun.
  • Options
    Reading up on the pack and hunting for CC so far.

I got cute sticker blushes for teens and CC-backpacks. Also wish that there was some kind of science table for adults that looked fun.

I asked Ravasheen for a converted kids science table for teens and up. It might take a while and someone else might do it first, but the request is out there.

• Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Yeah, I’ll have to start aging up some children and/or add some teens to many families, since I rarely played teens (because they were like limited boring versions of the young adults/adults in Sims 4 to me), lol! 😄

Really glad they added stuff for teens. We needed some more teen content, for sure!
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    DollhouseMakerDollhouseMaker Posts: 9 New Member
    Making houses . Especially houses with room for the new "sneak out" trellis .
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,237 Member
    I'm beginning to age up some of my teen sims to protect my households just in case.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,559 Member
    edited July 2022
    I was intrigued with Kevin, the exchange student.
    Since Copperdale is a major educational draw for the worlds teens, I am going to have several households host Foreign Exchange students.

So Far:
    -Nanami Ito/ Miki Yakiama (Mt. Komorebi)
    -Tane Ngata (Sulani)
    -Olive Tinker (Not exactly foreign)
    -And one more I have yet to decide, are all aged up to teens.
    07-18-22_7-22-55_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    07-18-22_7-37-20_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

07-18-22_7-56-02_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

07-18-22_8-06-25_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

07-18-22_9-50-57_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

07-18-22_10-01-47_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

07-18-22_10-47-58_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

07-18-22_11-00-20_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Six of my sims will be living in a dorm, but I want more teens that they will see in school, visit, or have in social clubs, that they can interact with in Copperdale. Oh, and the Villareals will have to flee Windenburg due to a potential controversy. So Max will be there too, as a teen.
    Several Windenberg families will be displacing the other Copperdale families, except for Molly's.

I've been wanting to free up some Windenberg properties for a while now.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    QuaayQuaay Posts: 559 Member
    I've been updating the look and styles of existing unplayed teens in my game in case they show up as students with my teens. I didn't want to see them in the same boring base game outfits everyday. Plus spending hours in CAS is relaxing for me so it's kind of therapeutic:)
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,042 Member
    edited July 2022
    I'm experimenting with a high school build. I can't furnish or decorate it until I get the pack, but I'm doing a mock-up WIP on an existing 64x64 lot--just getting a feel for a layout. I'm trying a one-level school, with the main rooms centered close together. The extracurricular rooms would be in the corners and the back. I also wanted sheltered yards. Here's what I've come up with so far. I placed generic furniture just to help visualize the rooms. I'll be using HSY buy/build items in the final version.

y4mAvbmoRq4ea6zs_Qk_yaKrVewbtlqHuYR8uIL0iR_ssEG-WkEvUlhuTu1BlOWtGju6wIWNFg-FGh4aVcSwG0bIxnVGiPuwMiFyCW24ZvdLWrDcC53gVA4oajgW2zXRrsRaeov0wr7I3Pwn64lDalHrCVkUlumE8d6r9HC0OHMOuydaDOq-SpHFZ5ER-K4YJcx?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
    y4mNeTWh7XYCR0Ma2ufxW90YYgoADGvkrYQohuMfmgcjsYsdQG5mjY4FxIqqgrRmBquhd-O6bTfT0MwIjgTBZENt1z4G2SHH3MUOWYUKSBugKSnAMhCOW1neG1zf_SPHp1XvEo96Vq2OJK_kTXG5oYnwJkQXkFwaWoQYZQTmZENLkoM0JuEJW4cvN4MACAVyMgF?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
    Layout in pic below, rooms from front to back, left to right:
    >cheerleading & dance, faculty lounge, foyer, reception & principal's office, music,
    >classroom, bath w/showers, cafeteria, bath w/showers, classroom,
    >study, yard, bathroom, bathroom, yard, computer lab,
    >arts-crafts & media, fitness, performing arts & debate, chess & game table.
    y4mRlZar2wHSuw0DoneOxjcOL1jT8tZZ49d83B5JSBqDjroVF2uIk-SvtQEwLTOkRQjChDgT4RD4WZCcJLuGAX2MPWvFIake8Km8KlN4EgaQEI-dwZhQTVnwVGMoXflccWv4aZjMq3n891DDVMVdlNnvid4jlBfa5MwFKJBJ5KYF0qcQmiwZtbMg9aS_arZimwT?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
    I put a maintenance room in a small basement, but I may move this to an outbuilding instead.
    y4mra-MGzfWNODPA2R9tIrucZeZKAumoYVvcRWb_cL02cy9zww3J7BMnwAFaBDDvaumguzkTan5m_QUGOL46gM8pVdcQpb0_41XxOst_WVdncJssCZVp4-aBnpgqUZWFpROz3QRr-F-stjZ3jv_s3BL_Juh4f20BT79NAxqHL7qgP7zx19lDVV6JukgodPMn95z?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
    Two enclosed yard areas, just a basic concept right now. The doors and walkway lead into the classrooms.
    y4mARH-5phwMGLswArHO38M0KOGHCb6uW1s1Rap0O6Cl_JvfjVWiXYTkhmc7wFPu6VmMSpaUIhR2B_jqFcAhdH55jL0DWhW2kbGce5u60eypyG_oZY_2MljQ2FfoyhA93YQLqOCyT8ZFEQ3KPzEuzHAnM72tCGhONpZ97-jebfNbz6xyaG4GGG9dODdObWkV7os?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
    y4mv8zpdRuIFUfWYkcGdyevvTg3h4-AtPrGEA6ff89BHEt-sxFXtuzfcfVQjYuE785zbicB2hB9NnrbTuFq4W0CrU2Y5cRcMh322MHEvqGmmCgRgIevT4o-1eqldSwUWafdL6speojxDbDwudcnnVaBtiWToUHNHpFCo0HUy1dP1IO32sjkS2fh1CEnheJhYVDl?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
  • Options
    MinaiMinai Posts: 708 Member
    I’m pretending my sim is enjoying summer vacation for now, she met a cute guy but what will happen when summer ends and they part ways into their two different social groups?
    I’ll have to play and find out!
  • Options
    bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    Right now, I'm running a sim to complete Strangerville and then become a werewolf to complete that pack. I haven't completed either one. I then will try to get my thug sim to hook up with someone and raise the kid to teen stage ...Hopefully all by next Thurs lol
  • Options
    Mr_MuffinTopMr_MuffinTop Posts: 134 Member
    Sadly I'll need to make every teen in my world wear a uniform as an everyday outfit. It sucks that now they will always be in uniform but its the only way to make sure whatever teen is chosen to appear in the school will be uniformed. lol

On the more fun side both XFreezerBunnyX and Simspiration released a school build so I must make the tough decision of which school to use since I was hoping to have at least two schools but now I must only choose one. Whichever I choose I will preset the downstairs to have the classrooms on the first floor only and I will place all club rooms upstairs for the sake of sim navigation. I plan to use the school for club meetings so I will need to add a few rooms for each club. It will be fun remodeling the upstairs rooms to reflect the different clubs. (I really hope the get together clubs will allow them to meet here. Not sure if I can get the doors to be locked for only club members but I will try.)

Lastly I will need to go set up all of the clubs and their outfits. I need to make the cheer squad, chess club, occult club (for actual occults only), football team, swim team, garden club who will care for a small garden on the school, cooking club (hooray accidental fires), music club, art room, a drama club with a small stage hopefully, science club, and a crafters club. So many clubs to go preset (it will suck if it turns out the school lot isn't able to be used as a club meeting spot). ;-;

I don’t remember seeing a school build from XFreezerBunnyX, on his Channel or Twitter 🤔🤔

The school build is old, I happened to stumble across it while looking around so I thought it was newer, but it is dated one year ago.
  • Options

The school build is old, I happened to stumble across it while looking around so I thought it was newer, but it is dated one year ago.

Ah okay, I did see that one. Thought I missed a recent one haha

• Options
    edited July 2022
    I’m working on a Challenge that involves HSY, DU and GF. You can start it at the teen age or you can start it at toddler or child stage. Then you can continue after Uni if you want. It’s very intricate lol, but I’m excited!

For anyone who has Get Famous and Discover University, my challenge is published!
    https://www.tumblr.com/blog/view/simplyaqua12/690467294637359104?source=share
    Post edited by AquaGamer1212 on

• Options
    edited July 2022
    More and more stuff to think about as I don't want to be sitting and thinking at the screen when the game launches instead of playing the game. I had to think over traits, aspirations, and clubs/careers for all these sims.
    Students_hsy_profiles2.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    Post edited by CK213 on
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,811 Member
    The only thing I am doing is going through custom content to see what I want to keep. So much clothing is coming, I want to get rid of anything I don't love and that I'm not using. Definitely keeping all the high waisted skirts, jeans, and shorts. They'll help keep the crop tops from looking quite so cropped.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I've got a new save set up for it. Right now, I'm planning on playing these two (looks subject to change with the new CAS assets coming):

C6rDw9W.png

Henry Cassidy (left) and his sister Audrey (right). Henry is quiet, and prefers books to hanging out in large crowds, but Audrey is extroverted and will likely be on the cheerleading team. Henry is also a spellcaster, like their mom, but Audrey doesn't have any occult powers... yet.

3gx3E61.png

I've also added in Draco Malfoy, just because it'd be funny.
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,578 Member
    Over the years as various sims get together and have families, I've saved so many cute teen sims to my gallery so I'm really looking forward to bringing them to the world to experience high school.
  • Options
    scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member
    I am still exploring Werewolves. I love that pack. But I am very interested in High School years. I love rags to riches and challenging game play. So keep this is mind.

I have raised a young werewolf female child to nearly her teen years. I raised her right. She is maxed in skills, earned all the child asperations, maxed scouting, the works. She loves her mom and her mom loves her. Her dad, Father Winter, is a dead beat but otherwise she lives a charmed life. This is until she turns a teen and is about to start high school. Her mom dies and the bank takes everything. She is forced to move to an empty shed with nothing in it. Only a barrel grill and a pee bush outside. Not a dime to her name.

She has goals. She wants to got to Foxbury, earn a degree in physics with honors like her mom and become a scientist like her too. This is to honor her memory. Her inner wolf is calling something she just doesn't understand and no one to explain what is happening to her. She has a celebrity crush on a social media influencer who does cheer videos online and she kinda wants to be like her as well. Then these hormones, the fact she has nothing starting from scratch in a new town in a new school, completely alone.

Can she come out on top with the world stacked against her? Or will loneliness, depression and poverty crush her? Will she find love? Will she follow her moms path or find her own? Will she master the wolf within or let it dominate her? Only she can find these answers.

To prepare I made such a sim named Luna Lostmoon. Her world is about to be rocked to the core. I get to explore this pack and play with a werewolf with challenges to overcome.

I wonder when her fury maxes at school that first time what the game play will be like. "Marking her territory" in the principle's office will be fun. I wonder how much trouble she will get in. Will they understand why she fills the need to wolf out and rip apart the class room as her fury overcomes her? I will learn these and other important questions. Hope Luna doesn't end up expelled for her inner wolf. But if she does that will be cool too. Just think of the fun of having a raging werewolf at prom. I can't wait to tell that story.
  • Options
    I wanted to test out a way for my sims to sneak out of their high school dorm.
    I knew of a perfect location. The Sneak Out window will go here in their common room.
    That desk might be in the way. I'll need the window to test it.
    07-22-22_1-24-28_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    Sneaky, sneaky.
    07-22-22_1-18-20_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

07-22-22_1-19-07_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I'll put in a tree for extra cover.
    07-22-22_1-22-07_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

07-22-22_1-23-14_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I will assume that this door is a security door and not the best exit for sneaking out.
    There is another set of dorm rooms on the opposite wing. It will get the same set up.
    07-22-22_1-23-25_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,102 Member
    For all of you who are creating builds, do you plan to replace the actual in-game school building? Or, are you just getting ready to remodel it a bit? I know I don't like the fact that the 'cafeteria' just sits in the middle of the hallway. It should be a separate room, for Surak's sake. I'm quite disappointed in the entire layout of the building. The exterior is beautiful, but why so sparse on the inside? It's almost as if they forgot about where the kids were supposed to eat and they threw that in at the very last minute. Oi! We didn't really have a cafeteria in my high school. I don't know why. We did have a vending area with a few picnic tables, for those who wished to purchase food. I used to make the mistake of getting a burrito for lunch. They were tasty, but I had gym class for fifth period, right after lunch. I don't recommend eating such prior to having to run around the field. :open_mouth: Most of us sat on the grass to eat. We had a lovely campus.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,711 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    I wanted to test out a way for my sims to sneak out of their high school dorm.
    I knew of a perfect location. The Sneak Out window will go here in their common room.
    That desk might be in the way. I'll need the window to test it.

I think it might be fun to put that window next to a fire exit staircase as use it as an alternative entrance to the house.
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,042 Member
    edited July 2022
    Has anyone thought about doing a Back to the Future story? You know--with Marty McFly, Biff, Doc Brown, and Marty's teenage parents George and Lorraine? The Enchantment Under the Sea dance was a classic! 😊

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPrPfkT82Pw&ab_channel=7colors_gallery