This site will go into read-only mode on July 18th as the new Forums.EA.com are now live.

What are you doing to prepare your game for High School Years?

Comments

  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 684 Member
    I m currently creating teens. I aged up the child of one of my sims into a teen. I aged down a young adult werewolf into a teen just because I think his wolfy ways are perfect for high school. I also retconned another one of my sims that I never played a lot as having a teenage daughter. I ll keep creating teen sims then eventually I will send some of them to high school.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    A few months ago, I started a file with 14 premades aged down to toddlers: Summer Holiday, Liberty Lee, Travis Scott, Zoe Patel, Mitchell Kalani, Gavin Richards, J Huntington III, Paolo Rocca, Jade Rosa, Eva Capriccio, Marcus Flex, Maaike Haas, Ulricke Faust, and Selim Benali. Some of them are children now. They're in 2 separate households, one for girls and one for boys, with a caretaker in each. Depending on how many Sims I can send to school from the same household, I might keep them together or move them out as they become teens.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,105 Member
    edited July 2022
    I've been working on a murder mystery to guide my gameplay in HSY. The idea is that my main sim (Salome "Sally" Stellar) will investigate the haunting of a popular cheerleader, and try to find out who is responsible for the ghost's murder. There are about 13 teenagers and 2 adults who are all connected to each other in various ways, and will be involved in different facets of school life to justify my sim and her friends investigating each facet of the pack. By the time the storyline is done and I've explored all of the pack, I'll have a bunch of interesting teenagers to keep around the school and flesh things out.

    The hardest part was giving everyone but Sally a pun-based name.
  • Options
    LiefLief Posts: 108 Member
    The story line goes:

    The Kids of Windenburg (Max,Elsa,Lucas and Aurora(oc)) will explore high-school! with mysteries ahed such-as the murder of Max's mother and other family secrets will impact the status of each and every Kid's high-school reputation, Will they stay friends or will their friend-group fade away slowly
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

    I am going to build my own little elementary school and High School that I will run via clubs, then I can make it as occult as I want. Will wait with buying the pack until it is on sale but it is nice to have something to look forward to. I need more cute sticker-blushes for my teens.

    So I can pretend that my little spellcasters can play with magic
    https://sorrielsims.tumblr.com/post/689332314542653440/femmeonamissionsimswondrous-wands-set-simblreen

    Any cute blush that I can find that has stickers, like miiko's
    https://miikocc.tumblr.com/post/623081686485401600/summer-blushes-part-1-early-access-for-patrons
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,940 Member
    edited July 2022
    Nothing until I see the livestream and probably get some insight from the early purchasers. I feel like I have no sense of how any of it is actually going to work at this point, and that impacts whether I will even buy it. I mean, I'll probably buy it; I've bought every other EP and GP. But I really do have concerns about how it will affect rotational play. Assuming those concerns are allayed, finding out how exactly it works will affect how I'm planning to use it.

    I will say, the "Teen a Day" post has had a lot of creative posts that have made me consider adding some new families in CAS, but I have so many households in my rotation already that I really shouldn't add any more. So I think it will come down to either finding a place to put schools in other worlds if we can, or if we can't, deciding which families that already have teens could potentially move to the new town.

    So the most I've done at this point is to poke around the worlds and think about whether there's anywhere I could even put either a school lot and/or the special venue lot for graduation/prom.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,187 Member
    Definitely not creating new sims since I know Im never gonna play them for more than 5 minutes! I might pay attention to some families Ive been neglecting since they have some kids I could age up to teen. I know Ive got my 6th gen Landgraabs with 2 twin girls that I could re-focus on and continue the family line.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,102 Member
    I have to amend my statement made above. I decided I really, really, REALLY wanted to take my Global Superstar, Rock Star through his high school years. So, I am in the midst of getting him ready. I pulled my Founder, Erik Cantrell, the one with the rather clean-cut look I placed on the Gallery. Regenerated his parents from him, choosing a slightly different look for his father, and let the parents alternate in creating his 'many siblings', as Erik is found of referring to them. His older brother, Aaron, (whom I made a YA in this Flashback save), his next younger brother, Joey, who is also a Teen, although Erik has a few days on him. Brianna, the only girl is a Child, and Adrian is a Toddler. If we can't control more than one Teen in high school, then Joey will just do his own thing, or I'll age him down to a Child, whichever way it works for me. Erik is the reason I'm doing this. (Yes, he's my favorite.) :D

    I gave them the two weeks of Summer off, so Erik could build up his career. I've also turned aging off, so that he won't age up to YA before he graduates high school. He became a Notable Newcomer on Day One. :open_mouth: He got all the way to B-Lister, before he even went to his first Starlight Accolade show, for which he has been nominated for Best Song. I rolled back to Day-One to try to slow his pace down. I have this desire for him to receive his first Best Song Accolade while yet a Rising Star. So, today, he won and I am happily. (Yes, I know that's grammatically incorrect, but my oldest son used to go around saying he was happily that it's grown on me.) I still have the Main save of Erik Cantrell, who is nominated for his nineteenth Best Song. I will eventually marry these two saves together (story-wise, that is). I even checked my screenshots to make sure I dressed him in the same suit for the flashback version of his win.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I paused my game and waiting until at least the update as I might be making some changes to some sims before or once the new game pack is released. I didn't expect getting wants, fears or an attraction system. Now just need to be able to create bands and I would be happy (anything else would just be extra/an added bonus).
  • Options
    DarrenDarren Posts: 129 Member
    I most likely wont get the expansion but with all the leaks about what mechanics the patch will add I think I will wait a bit to continue my werewolf game with a pair of twin children who will soon become teens.
  • Options
    lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    Hey y'all, I've been loving reading everyone's plans for this upcoming pack, even if your plans are doing absolutely nothing! After today's livestream, I've finally had the opportunity to sit down and plan out my Holden kids high school years! I'm sure if any of you have seen my posts in screenshot threads, WHIMGT threads, or my story thread in creative corner, you know about my Holden family. If you do not, the only important thing is that I have two kids currently in that household, Dallas and Keaton, who will be aging up by the time the expansion pack releases. I am SO ready!

    So onto the plans...

    Dallas is a really sweet child. She's got straight A's, is socially gifted, and volunteers on her days off. My plans for her when she ages up is to give her the overachiever trait and the goal oriented teen aspiration. It's a perfect fit for her story line, and I literally couldn't have asked for any better! I'm seeing her as an "All American Girl." I'm talking valedictorian, cheer captain, with a quarterback boyfriend, type of sim straight out of a teen movie.

    Keaton is my little rascal. He's just as social as his sister, but he does not care about his academics one bit. I was originally thinking about giving him the goofball trait upon aging up, but the party animal trait and the live fast teen aspiration will be a great fit for him. I'll be experimenting with all of the ways teens can pay consequences with him (pranks, skip class, etc.) He's going to be such a fun character, and I'm super excited to see how his story unfolds!

    Well, at least those are my plans so far. Happy simming everyone! :)
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,559 Member
    edited July 2022
    Now that we have more information, I am making plans to convert my prep school dorm into a high school.
    All the extra academic activity objects are already there. My offices for the student counselor and school administrator will be converted to the principle's office and teacher's lounge. The bedrooms areas will become the two classrooms and a school library.

    There is already a stage for acting in the basement.
    07-15-22_9-51-30_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    Science lab and art studio on the ground floor, as well as lockers, cafeteria, principles office.
    Classrooms and library on the upper floor.

    07-15-22_11-23-40_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

    I am planning to move my school dorm to Copperdale.
    The only 45x50 is the park and it's really not the best area because it's designed to look like a park with no road for cars.
    But it's my only choice, unless I really scale down the dorm and move it into the town area. I will experiment with that option as well.

    [Edit]
    I like this court, but winter will come.
    I am going to make a building out of this. All glass with a barrel vaulted roof.
    Work out equipment on the second floor, and showers and lockers in the basement.
    07-17-22_9-21-00_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    edited July 2022
    I downloaded a blank save and I’m building every world from the ground up to make sure there are plenty of teens and unique families when I play.

    Edit: Also when I say building I mean Downloading lots from the gallery and making the families to go in them. :D
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,102 Member
    edited July 2022
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    I paused my game and waiting until at least the update as I might be making some changes to some sims before or once the new game pack is released. I didn't expect getting wants, fears or an attraction system. Now just need to be able to create bands and I would be happy (anything else would just be extra/an added bonus).

    I have four days left until the end of the summer break. I even put in Labor Day (first Monday in September) and school will resume for all kids in the households on Tuesday, the day after the holiday. Then, I'll set this save aside until the EP is released. :)
  • Options
    DarrenDarren Posts: 129 Member
    Will the patch with all the new mechanics come with High School or at some point before it?
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited July 2022
    By good fortune, I happen to be trying for the '10 kids in 1 generation' bonus point currently in my legacy save. I have one teen and 4 children so far, with the second child being a day away from aging up to teen. So, I'll have quite the opportunity to explore this pack! In terms of preparation, I've had the teen complete her first (randomly assigned) aspiration so that she will be free to do one of the HSY aspirations when the pack releases.
  • Options
    Mr_MuffinTopMr_MuffinTop Posts: 134 Member
    Sadly I'll need to make every teen in my world wear a uniform as an everyday outfit. It sucks that now they will always be in uniform but its the only way to make sure whatever teen is chosen to appear in the school will be uniformed. lol

    On the more fun side both XFreezerBunnyX and Simspiration released a school build so I must make the tough decision of which school to use since I was hoping to have at least two schools but now I must only choose one. Whichever I choose I will preset the downstairs to have the classrooms on the first floor only and I will place all club rooms upstairs for the sake of sim navigation. I plan to use the school for club meetings so I will need to add a few rooms for each club. It will be fun remodeling the upstairs rooms to reflect the different clubs. (I really hope the get together clubs will allow them to meet here. Not sure if I can get the doors to be locked for only club members but I will try.)

    Lastly I will need to go set up all of the clubs and their outfits. I need to make the cheer squad, chess club, occult club (for actual occults only), football team, swim team, garden club who will care for a small garden on the school, cooking club (hooray accidental fires), music club, art room, a drama club with a small stage hopefully, science club, and a crafters club. So many clubs to go preset (it will suck if it turns out the school lot isn't able to be used as a club meeting spot). ;-;





  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'm not going to be using my 14 toddlers (some of whom are now children). In another save, Liberty Lee and Travis Scott are the parents of 3 boys, one child and twin toddlers. As they age up I'll send them. I don't want to send more than 2 at one time because that would cause one to have duplicates of the other's classes. (Although I suppose he could have the morning class with one brother and the afternoon class with the other).
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,556 Member
    I have one child in my household who'll age up and attend high school. Her mother is currently pregnant and I was planning on getting that baby prepared and ready for high school but after watching a few game-play videos I've decided to send only one at a time. Seems a bit chaotic sending them in a group and trying to manage more than one.
  • Options
    BoujieSimmerBoujieSimmer Posts: 50 Member
    I'm hoping Cassandra Goth can finally find love now. Hopefully someone will ask her to the prom.

    I'm definitely planning to find her a cute emo boyfriend!

    @BoujieSimmer Wolfgang Munch. not sure about cute since he is quite a nuissance but he is deffo a emo.....

    That may work...hmmm. I'll have to give it some thought
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited July 2022
    CK213 wrote: »
    Now that we have more information, I am making plans to convert my prep school dorm into a high school.
    All the extra academic activity objects are already there. My offices for the student counselor and school administrator will be converted to the principle's office and teacher's lounge. The bedrooms areas will become the two classrooms and a school library.

    There is already a stage for acting in the basement.
    07-15-22_9-51-30_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    Science lab and art studio on the ground floor, as well as lockers, cafeteria, principles office.
    Classrooms and library on the upper floor.

    07-15-22_11-23-40_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

    I am planning to move my school dorm to Copperdale.
    The only 45x50 is the park and it's really not the best area because it's designed to look like a park with no road for cars.
    But it's my only choice, unless I really scale down the dorm and move it into the town area. I will experiment with that option as well.

    [Edit]
    I like this court, but winter will come.
    I am going to make a building out of this. All glass with a barrel vaulted roof.
    Work out equipment on the second floor, and showers and lockers in the basement.
    07-17-22_9-21-00_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

    I really like what you did with the basketball court. The color combination works well. I'm going to do a basketball court layout and color combination just like yours. :smiley:
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    I made a teen for my new save but she’s not actually in the save yet. She’s an orphan taking part in a government project for teens living on their own. I don’t really want her in school with the current sims in game so I’m playing a haphazard game on short lifespan to progress the timeline. She has 10 rules to follow or she’ll be required to return the 20k starting funds given to her.

    I’m going to add her to the game after the update during the last week or two of summer in the game. That is when summer break happens, this will allow me time to set up her living space and do a small amount of skill building without having to focus on school.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,559 Member
    edited July 2022
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    CK213 wrote: »
    Now that we have more information, I am making plans to convert my prep school dorm into a high school.
    All the extra academic activity objects are already there. My offices for the student counselor and school administrator will be converted to the principle's office and teacher's lounge. The bedrooms areas will become the two classrooms and a school library.

    There is already a stage for acting in the basement.
    07-15-22_9-51-30_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    Science lab and art studio on the ground floor, as well as lockers, cafeteria, principles office.
    Classrooms and library on the upper floor.

    07-15-22_11-23-40_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

    I am planning to move my school dorm to Copperdale.
    The only 45x50 is the park and it's really not the best area because it's designed to look like a park with no road for cars.
    But it's my only choice, unless I really scale down the dorm and move it into the town area. I will experiment with that option as well.

    [Edit]
    I like this court, but winter will come.
    I am going to make a building out of this. All glass with a barrel vaulted roof.
    Work out equipment on the second floor, and showers and lockers in the basement.
    07-17-22_9-21-00_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

    I really like what you did with the basketball court. The color combination works well. I'm going to do a basketball court layout and color combination just like yours. :smiley:

    I think I will go with Yellow as Copperdale's school colors.
    I had put in pale wood floors at first, but switched to a dark wood so I can keep the yellow and white.
    07-17-22_3-50-52_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

    I am ready to stop with major additions to this lot.
    This last change raised the height of my walls to accommodate the basketball hoops. And that changed my staircases.
    I gave up on the second floor for the gym. It made the building too massive. Workout equipment is in the basement.
    07-17-22_12-45-25_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

    I may attach the gym to the main building in the future.
    I can't wait to play it.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I’m doing nothing lol. In all seriousness I’m putting my main save on hold until the pack comes. I have a teen that just aged up who is my heir and two other children that will age up soonish in game. Lets me start with one teen basically and gradually add more as the kids age. I’m just playing my werewolf/occult save for now.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top