This site will go into read-only mode on July 18th as the new Forums.EA.com are now live.

What are you doing to prepare your game for High School Years?

Is anyone doing anything in particular to prepare their game for the release of the High School Years expansion pack?

Are you..

Creating / downloading any new sims, or using sims from a current household?
Creating / downloading new builds?
Brainstorming new stories to tell?
Not doing any planning at all?

Let me know all your plans for this upcoming pack!
· · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·

Comments

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,559 Member
    edited July 2022
    I've been preparing for this pack since 2017. :p
    Well, it's coincidental with my plans.

I have 24 sims that are going through university. 12 have graduated and have missed the high school pack. 12 are still teens and they will get to experience this pack. I am using a prep-school that serves as a bridge between high-school and University. However, the arrival of High School Years will turn my prep-school into more of a college prep program, seeing that the pack's school will now be my sims high school. I used to be able to pretend they were attending a private school, but now that high school is a location we can visit, that school is the school.

They live with their parents until they get an "A" average in high school.
    06-10-22_7-13-03_PM(1).png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

They are then moved to my prep-school dorm. The school holds six students, one student counselor, and one school administrator.
    They prepare for uni, learning degree related skills that will give them a boost in University, along with getting the research and debate skill to at least level 3. Once those goals are met, along with any scholarship goals, they graduate high school.
    06-18-22_2-52-05_PM(1).png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

06-18-22_3-10-02_PM(2).png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Students come to the school in groups of three, and they rotate to university and back in groups of three.
    Once the university students graduate and leave, three new high school students take their place.
    06-18-22_2-58-18_PM(1).png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    I have played 12 sims through this system and I have really enjoyed it.
    It feels like the sims that go to high school and then Uni together feel like they have a bond.
    High School Years should take this to another level.

Currently the dorm has three high school students and three Britechester students that are in their final term at my Britechester dorm.
    I need to play the three shown here at the end of the table and graduate them out so I can have six high school students ready for the pack. Other than this, my sims are ready to go.
    06-30-22_11-27-27_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I will probably play the teens who are still with their parents first, just in case this establishes a presence in high school over any NPCs. Then I will switch to my college prep teens. I don't know how well the pack will mesh with my setup, but I can probably work around whatever we get.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,701 Member
    I think I'm going to move some teens into a house without them having parents. Their just going to have their own place.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,331 Member
    edited July 2022
    I don't think im gonna get this pack too soon (well might still change my mind)

but if i ever do: principals daughter, Molly from trailer, is gonna be turned into occult 100%

I have not decided which one yet leaning towards vampire because of her tendencies to be summoned to yard at night lookin all fancy or since she seems trickster magic may suit her hmm...she could lead secret society n all...or werewolf be neat too cause itd be kinda cool having werewolf climbing outta window to go rampage the village

but oh boy is she gonna be pain in the [REDACTED] regardless of which occult

Don't really know what rest of them finna do

might make trot singer given the trot singer suits in the pack just to troll myself

if i end up not getting the pack tho might just build fake school on laurel library lot and grab the sims anyway dress them in some other pack content n all take them to uni idk
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    The goth girl based off me because, why not? She was a spellcaster who gave it all up to be a werewolf and now I am probably going to pause or use the mccc to start it over again (remove her skills, traits, age her down to a teen, etc...) just to send them to high school life and maybe tell a story about her life from teen to elder years as to how she meet her best friends, fell in love, all the ups and downs, drama maybe going to University, etc.....the biggest issue for her is learning to control her rage as a werewolf. Maybe the story will start off as her being the new girl and trying to keep her secret as being a werewolf seeing how sims are still afraid of them.

I can add different sims to try out different clubs or create different schools for different locals if we can (some can be a more expensive private school for rich teens, one for Mt. Komorebi, etc...) and see all the different experiences.
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,362 Member
    I'm taking my simself and a few others back in time!
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,418 Member
    I plan to get the pack in a sale, so I'll probably delay growing children into teenagers.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,559 Member
    edited July 2022
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I don't think im gonna get this pack too soon (well might still change my mind)

but if i ever do: principals daughter, Molly from trailer, is gonna be turned into occult 100%

I have not decided which one yet leaning towards vampire because of her tendencies to be summoned to yard at night lookin all fancy or since she seems trickster magic may suit her hmm...she could lead secret society n all...or werewolf be neat too cause itd be kinda cool having werewolf climbing outta window to go rampage the village

but oh boy is she gonna be pain in the [REDACTED] regardless of which occult

Don't really know what rest of them finna do

might make trot singer given the trot singer suits in the pack just to troll myself

if i end up not getting the pack tho might just build fake school on laurel library lot and grab the sims anyway dress them in some other pack content n all take them to uni idk

She does stand out against the other sims in that trailer that seem more generic.
    It will be very interesting to see how she gets along with my sim, Michelle (AKA Angry Girl)

Michelle's story is she grew up with a scumball, mischief loving stepfather that cheated on her mom a lot and her mom was oblivious of his cheating. She got the hot headed trait when she became a teen and she dislikes mischief.
    06-21-22_3-24-16_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

There is going to be some drama in the halls if Molly is the queen of mischief.
    Oh boy, now I think the Molly/Michelle dynamic is going to be a key experience in my game. :)

This is assuming that Molly even exists in the game.
    I hope I am not disappointed.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,407 Member
    I'm not preparing my game in any ways. I have currently lots of kids who have just aged up into teens in my saves. Whenever I play a family with a teen in my rotation I'll just deal with it then. I have no need to create any new Sims for it. :)
  • Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 282 Member
    A few of my teens are bunked up with younger siblings so I want to move some families around and prep houses to utilize all the cool room bb we're getting. I'll be on a money grind rotation so they can afford to move. I also want to take a few photos of the teens before I give them makeovers with new cas.
  • Options
    rjssim wrote: »

Me too.
  • Options
    I'm hoping Cassandra Goth can finally find love now. Hopefully someone will ask her to the prom.
  • Options
    KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited July 2022
    I don't plan for packs. If it turns out great during the livestream and subsequent videos, then it'll slot in where it either makes sense, or wind up a one-shot on the back burner until I find the right time and place.

Case-in-point, I still have not played with DHD or Paranormal in full.
    Post edited by KyreRoen on
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    I am not sure, but I think I would play my current Sims teens for this expansion and play around, and also would like to play those four Sims featuring in the trailer if they are going to be included.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,560 Member
    edited July 2022
    I think about Buffy, Teen Wolf or Roswell, the high school might be the favorite target of occult sims >:)

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,711 Member
    I don't have any teens right now in my game, but I do have a teacher who will welcome the new addition if there are any teaching career opportunities for her as well.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,976 Member
    I was already playing highschool so it's not too much planning to do. I'm using all of my same main sims but creating a few new ones too! Working on new werewolves also and rearranging
    Some households.
    I'm not 100% sure how I want to do everything until we see the livestream to know more.
    But as usual my main storyline will still be about apocalyptic survival 😆 currently my sims were attending a broken down haunted high school I built because well,education is priority in the apocalypse right?😂😂
    The highschool life and drama was always a side story for my teens. I never had a particular storyline mainly I just enjoyed doing the daily school stuff and having them hangout and adventure to get away from the daily struggle of survival and raising younger siblings.

So I'm basically gonna continue the same story for my teens except they will be going to a REAL school now. I can remove a lot of mods and they can do real cheerleading and other school activities. (I can't wait!!🤭🤭🤭)

If we can build one I will make a broken down apocalyptic school. If we cannot then I will just pretend they got into a high class rich school that hasn't been effected by the apocalypse.
    (Because my vampires are rich celebrities that live in high-class societies)

However, with all the occults we have now and two big packs coming out I'm still working out the details because in my head there are so many things I want to do and sims I want to play with🤤
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,777 Member
    I shouldn't need to do anything special. I have been waiting for my 4th generation to be my first group to go to university. With the size of my rotation and the rate I play, if I get the new pack for Christmas they'll be perfectly places to be the first generation to go to high school too.
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,109 Member
    I will admit that this pack would really change my play style since that when I do family game play, I'm so focused on the parents and their job and making money. To focus on the teens is a bit of a game changer. So I'm thinking to create a more wealthy couple and just cheat their rabbit hole careers to high ranking so they can do their own thing and I'll focus strictly on the teenagers. However, I'm not going to jump into teenagers right away, I still want the couple to woohoo and have the kid from birth because I like seeing my sims kids go through the life stages. I rarely play a family who already has kids. So I guess i would focus on the parents at first. I like the idea of playing brother and sister teenagers but not sure i want to be focused on two teenagers at once until I am more and more familiar with the pack.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I’m adding a bunch of Gallery lots to a blank save and then will add Gallery families to those homes. I’m not sure how rotation will work yet but I’m planning on playing with 3-4 Sims. A male jock, goth/emo, trans sim, and a nerdy yet mischievous sim. Kind of similar to the Sims in the trailer if I’m honest haha.

In the meantime I’m gonna start the Sims as kids and use Zerbu’s Go to School mod in preparation for HSY; I’ll freeze aging but have long lifespan as well.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    rjssim wrote: »

I also kind of want to make myself lmao 😅 but not play as myself ya know? I’m hoping I’ll just show up in the high school haha, we’ll see lol
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I was planning to start playing to level up skills on my occults in my new save, but I keep thinking of more I want to add and end up in CAS creating more sims! Decided I wanted more aliens in this game, and also want pirates. Decided they would live in Sulani and found a few pirate style boat homes for them to live in. I loved playing Pirates of the Caribbean online with my family, so am now making characters from that movie to add. I don't usually play thieves in my game so am interested in adding that to my gameplay. So far I have Jack Sparrow and Will Turner. Next will add Joshamee Gibbs, Elizabeth Swan, Barbosa and Blackbeard with his daughter Angelica. Days are busy so can't spend alot of time on my computer, but the days are going by fast! Won't be long and I will have the new pack and be sending my teens, occult and non-occults, to high school. Looking forward to actually playing my game! I just hope the new pack works well for rotational play.
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    I'm currently waiting for my sim to finish university, get married, and work as an interior designer before having some children. The children she haves will be the ones I will take to the new pack.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,102 Member
    Nothing. My current Main household has five kids, with another on the way. The eldest just became a Child, his triplet sisters did so the next day, the fourth aged up to Toddler two days later. I play on LONG, so I'm guessing they'll just be reaching their high school ages when it comes out. (I couldn't have managed that one, if I tried.) LOL
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I'm doing nothing. I usually just play until the pack releases and then decided what to do with it.
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 729 Member
    I haven't really played the game that much since Eco Lifestyle because I decided to take a break and didn't feel motivated or knew what to do next. I purchased Snowy Escape and Cottage Living but just did a quick test and never really continued it, such a shame because these two are some of the best packs we've gotten. So anyway, this might change with High School Years because I'm starting to feel motivated again. I already have a family with 2 kids, gonna age them up into teenagers and dig a little bit on the gallery so I can find other characters they'd hang around with.