Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Oh hey High School Years includes creating and selling outfits

Missed this part at first.
and earn Simoleons by selling outfits they curate and hype on the new in-game Trendi app and become a “Simfluencer” in the process.
gen3-banner.png

Comments

• bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    To be honest, this feature is probably the least interesting for me.
    It just seems like a repeat of Get Together Retail Store, where you can sell clothes on a mannequin. Most Sims 4 clothes are free anyway, so selling clothes seems pointless.
    I'd rather they just add a lot trait where you have to buy all of your clothes, like in the Sims 2.

And what do they mean by "creating" outfits? It would be cool if you could design shirts and unique clothes.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    edited July 2022
    We so far have not had a way to transfer an outfit from one sim to another. Now we do.

(Except I guess features like when random townies copy your style influencer's or celebrity's clothes, but that isn't the same thing since it happens randomly to unplayed characters.)
    gen3-banner.png
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    We so far have not had a way to transfer an outfit from one sim to another. Now we do.

(Except I guess features like when random townies copy your style influencer's or celebrity's clothes, but that isn't the same thing since it happens randomly to unplayed characters.)

I thought in Get to Work, when you had a retail store, if the sims bought the outfit, they would wear it? Maybe I was mistaken.

I think with the Stylist career you can also transfer outfits to other sims by giving them makeovers if you are at a high enough level.

It could be interesting based on how they do it.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,704 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    To be honest, this feature is probably the least interesting for me.
    It just seems like a repeat of Get Together Retail Store, where you can sell clothes on a mannequin. Most Sims 4 clothes are free anyway, so selling clothes seems pointless.
    I'd rather they just add a lot trait where you have to buy all of your clothes, like in the Sims 2.

And what do they mean by "creating" outfits? It would be cool if you could design shirts and unique clothes.

For The Sims™ 4 High School Years Expansion Pack, The Sims and Depop worked with five creative individuals who create and sell clothes on Depop, the fashion marketplace app reshaping the way fashion is made. These sellers collaborated with The Sims to design new original in-game fashion items, which players can purchase for their teen Sims in the game’s local thrift store and boba hangout, ThriftTea. Sims will be able to hype up their favorite to increase the value of the outfit, and earn Simoleons by selling outfits they curate on the new in-game Trendi app, and become a “Simfluencer” in the process.

I don't think they actually create any outfits. Curate is to select and organize. Your sim purchases items at the thrift store, then lists it for sale on the Trendi app, hyping it up to increase the value of the outfit.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    edited July 2022
    outfit = several clothing items combined with each other, adding up to an Everyday outfit or a Formal outfit or something that is then part of the sim's outfit repertoire. I know we can't create individual clothing items. :)

That's cool @bixters that the mannequins work that way. I thought it was only for individual clothing items. I have not played with the mannequins because of reports that they cause lots to crash the game. The Stylists can makeover sims but afaik they have to choose all the clothing items individually just like we would have to in CAS (currently)-- can't save outfits in CAS and then just apply that whole outfit to a sim.

@simgirl1010 I thought that's what the description meant? like putting together outfits out of various pre-existing clothing items. maybe I'm wrong

gen3-banner.png
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,704 Member
    outfit = several clothing items combined with each other, adding up to an Everyday outfit or a Formal outfit or something that is then part of the sim's outfit repertoire. I know we can't create individual clothing items. :)

That's cool @bixters that the mannequins work that way. I thought it was only for individual clothing items. I have not played with the mannequins because of reports that they cause lots to crash the game. The Stylists can makeover sims but afaik they have to choose all the clothing items individually just like we would have to in CAS (currently)-- can't save outfits in CAS and then just apply that whole outfit to a sim.

@simgirl1010 I thought that's what the description meant? like putting together outfits out of various pre-existing clothing items. maybe I'm wrong

That was my takeaway also. I'm just wondering if we'll actually see other sim teens wearing the outfits. I hope so.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    This feels a lot like that fashion influencer career. I will wait and see before I really make an opinion on this as they might do something different.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Hopefully my sim can sell stuff she knitted and add more to the knit like a school colored beanie with whomp whomp the mascot.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Well, I think being an Simfluencer is the main point of this, and that will heavily focus on their so-me. The chatting seems like something brand new, and simfluencer might be an integrated part of it. I don't expect the student to run a regular retail store.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I'm thinking these new outfits will only be available from the thrift store... and from the app. It wont be like any other clothing in the game, but something you need unlock by buying.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    It sounds like it could potentially add more gameplay to CAS, I liked when they added more gameplay to Build/Buy with Dream Home Decorator so maybe this could turn out good too.

But I do feel that it's strange that they added something like this for a High School pack.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    I wish I had this when my style influencer was a teen.
    I guess one of her children will take advantage of it.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I think this will be like the knitted fashion we can sell through Plopsy, except now we will sell it through Trendy application or whatever. Wonder it this will be a step forward to get individual wardrobes for our sims.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I really hope thrift stores are a new lot type! This clothing browsing object could add so much gameplay! In addition to having exclusive thrift items from Depop sellers from it I wish it connected to a version of regular CAS much like how Sims 2 handled buying clothes on community lots. It would be soooo much more immersive if our Sims could buy outfits! Perhaps they could add a setting per save where you checkmark whether your Sims have to buy additional outfits. I picture when you first make your sim the game letting you only have one per category free and then you have to buy any additional outfits in the game. It would also be awesome if they had a selection of worn looking clothes to buy at the thrift shop for cheaper. This truly could open so much new gameplay if they do it the way I'm imagining!
  • pameler417pameler417 Posts: 51 Member
    I'm going to keep aging off and let my teens be teens forever until I can explore ALL the things I keep learning about. I'm hoping this outfit thing will actually make teen clothes look younger instead of 3 age groups of the same styles like we have now.