Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Curved walls coming?

lovemy4slovemy4s Posts: 153 Member
I was watching the new video Pixelade uploaded and he showed a tweet(?) with a picture of curved walls. It has what looks like the new window coming in the high school pack and a base game planter box. I take speculation videos with a grain of salt but the picture threw me. I don’t have twitter (I’m assuming that’s what it is) and was wondering if anyone has seen this and has any more info.

Pixelade’s video:
https://youtu.be/SIqBCTDKF4U
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,663 Member
    edited July 2022
    Catch me I'm going to faint....

giphy.gif
  • gc6164gc6164 Posts: 516 Member
    It's a pretty good photoshop edit if it is one lol, but as one of those tweets said the siding at the bottom is thinner on the curved wall. I hope we do get them some day.
    rqjiqrf78ux6.gif

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    I hope this isn't fake. I am certain many of us have been waiting for this a long, long time. When we got the curved patios, my first thought was, we now have curved walls, too? Turned out, no. But I'm ever hopeful. I'm tired of building castles that simply don't have a curvy tower, but I have to make it angular, instead. If this is real, I feel another castle build coming on …
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited July 2022
    Deleted because another of my posts was moved here.
    [down below]
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    Seeing as how glitchy the parts with curved fences are, I'm not sure I'd want curved walls. Platforms mess up builds and routing so much that I barely use them. I don't really need more of that. Now if all those issues were fixed, I wouldn't mind curved walls.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,612 Member
    I hope this is true! I also want half width walls (meaning half the tile).
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    We have curved platforms and curved fences, so why not curved walls?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited July 2022
    Still seems suspicious to me
    but curved walls would be cool

I've made lots of round buildings and im always sad i can't make them smoooth

I do find it curious theres no statement from the team though cause i think they could at least tell us if it is fake given how its pretty much all over social media sites now

would avoid people getting more upset at least when it turns out to be false info... unless ofc it isn't
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    I guess they'd have to make curved versions of all the wall decor?
    Or else not allow wall decor on the curved walls?
    gen3-banner.png
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited July 2022
    Screenshot-2022-07-02-at-01.28.37-1140x1053.png
    This twitter account posted a picture of curved walls and windows. What do you think? The account has since been deleted.

The window is the one coming in the High School pack:
    FWnV489WYAI9FFF?format=jpg&name=360x360
    a256aFi.gif
    edited July 2022
    I personally would love curved walls, since we already have curved fences! And we could finally create stuff like round castle towers or buildings with curves!

This twitter user has found further proof of curved walls in the game files:
    a256aFi.gif
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Unpopular opinion: I actually think this might be legit. Not sure if it will be this upcoming patch (HSY) but definitely some time soonish. Having said that, the devs always seem to release a major build update just before an expansion pack but who knows!
    edited July 2022
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    Unpopular opinion: I actually think this might be legit. Not sure if it will be this upcoming patch (HSY) but definitely some time soonish. Having said that, the devs always seem to release a major build update just before an expansion pack but who knows!

I also think this is legit, since the window in the leak matches the ones from the trailer perfectly! And in the trailer we only saw them from the inside, not the outside like in the leak!
    FWnV489WYAI9FFF?format=jpg&name=360x360
    Screenshot-2022-07-02-at-01.28.37-1140x1053.png
    Post edited by FreezerBunnyCowplant on
    a256aFi.gif
    I think it was Ravasheen (CC creator) finding the code updates in the Sims 4 Studio that sold it for me. I wasn't convinced at first but when I saw that I thought it was pretty compelling evidence.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited July 2022
    If true, I think the design team is finally starting to get a bit more proactive, as it seems that a curved wall tool was one of the main selling features of Paralives when development was just starting, and to release them at least a year before Paralives gets its first public builds is very smart. Given Paralives is still in early development, there is still plenty of time to add some of the features that are touted as major selling points of Paralives (many of them from older Sims titles) before it's even in Early Access.
    Post edited by cody6268 on
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I won't be using them. I barely know how to build anyway.

Neat for those who wanted it, just not my thing.
    edited July 2022
    I won't be using them. I barely know how to build anyway.

Neat for those who wanted it, just not my thing.

You can build houses like the ones below with curved walls!
    art-deco-house.jpg
    775fde30670880bef59e334ff846f282.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
    Art Deco is a build theme for the new expansion pack. It makes total sense for them to introduce curved walls!
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited July 2022
    I hope that's legit because I have a whole series of homes based on an art deco style.
    I've been faking curved walls with raised platforms. I would have a field day adding legitimate curved walls to my other homes in the series.
    07-03-22_6-31-01_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

It looks nice, but it's problematic.
    07-03-22_6-32-04_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

They block your view. You can't use regular wall textures on them.
    07-03-22_6-32-29_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

And they waste space.
    True walls would fix these drawbacks.
    07-03-22_6-32-39_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I wasn't expecting windows on them, so that is a great bonus.
    In the future, floor to ceiling glass blocks would be awesome.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I hope this ends up being true build mode has been so stagnant for a while curved walls would be a game changer for builders. Now we need curved pools so tired of boxes.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Would a dream if true. I love the look of builds with rounded walls.
    I know fake leaks happen but it's not impossible that they would give us rounded walls either. And we do get new build mode features occasionally.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • duriankindduriankind Posts: 62 Member
    Ohhh I would love this so much!! I really do hope it’s real, to me it seems legit but I won’t get my hopes up just yet. Honestly I didn’t believe the high school pack leak but that turned out to be real, so maybe I don’t have the best radar, lol. Building is one of my favorite things to do in the game, though, and curved walls would be such a game changer!
    ⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶
    check out my gallery page
    ⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    if so i wish they give us round half roofs and 1/4 roofs and both diagonally too cause its still gonna be pain in the butt to roof rounded anything
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free