Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sweet Treats pack?

I was thinking it would be cool if they made a sweet treats pack, where Sims can learn to make chocolate, ice cream, candies, maybe snow cones? They could even add a special food competition event where the Sims have to make a certain dish for judges, which will increase your fame if you have Get Famous, and money if you win. Add sugar cane to make your own sugar to mix into the gooey goodness... As a bonus, they could add lemonade as they already have dew collectors and if they make the sugar cane. The kids could mix the lemonade and try to be little entrepreneurs and sell their own sweets and mommy's homemade cookies of various flavors. Maybe you could even forge your own recipes as you get better at making chocolate and baking. This also would mix well into Seasons, as you can now buy/make real candies for the kiddos at Halloween, or shape sugar canes for Christmas, or chocolate eggs for Easter. Maybe they could even add a mystical creature who hands out sweets on a certain day, or or a supernatural race who specifically eats sugar cane to make it difficult to always keep your sweets in stock. Add sugar cane or licorice trees, run a candy/chocolate/ice cream shop/industrial lemonade stand in town. You could have each of these skills set as aspirations- even add the entrepreneur one for the kids.

Ultimately, they could do a Simlish Candy Land.

Comments

• GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,614 Member
    At first I thought you were talking about Katy Perry Sweet Treats. lol But now I see you mean actual sweets like yummy cake and candy.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    This may be slightly controversial, but I liked both 3's Sweet Treats and this idea. Actual gameplay more so, of course, I'd love an actual candyland.

We do technically have ice cream from Cool Kitchen and Lemonade is a mixer with the pitcher from Backyard Stuff and can run a bakery/ice cream shop with Dine Out/Get To Work retail, but I'd love more. I very much miss Sims 2's chocolate factory item and there are still gaps like a lemonade stand and oven for children. Plus those are good ideas for plants.

Maybe it could be part of that culinary quest survey idea from a while back? Personally, I'd like one centered on desserts as well, but hey.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Never played Katie Perry's Swet Treats, or TS2, so I can't say much on them. Love the chocolate factory idea, tho.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    There was no chocolate factory in TS2, but I remember I had some CC chocolate boxes I used to sell in a shop. It looked awesome and it was always fun when switching sims and finding boxes of chocolate in their inventory.
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    This would make a great stuff pack. They could add stuff to create your own sweet shops. I really want lemonade stand back. Also would love to see cotton candy and snow cone machines.
    Perhaps as part of the updates baking could become basegame. I'm so tired of baked goods being under cooking.