Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hold a Story for new High School pack?

Just want I thought the Werewolves pack was the biggest new release that would impact my storyline... now I have four teenagers (a witch and three werewolves) a weekend away from the start of Fall and we have a High School expansion announced. Now I'm wondering if I put that storyline on hold for a real world month until the new High School expansion comes out.

So what about you, with your long running serial stories? Will you put your teenage stories on hold for the High School pack or press on?
Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls

Hold a Story for new High School pack? 79 votes

Put teenagers on hold until High School
41%
CK213EvvieSimmerSamadamsPlayerCabelle1863imhappyPaigeisin5friendlysimmerswylmite1986DarkLady2788YautjagirlmlmeadowsLustianiciaashcrash19taydevblueyblueskyGracieO312XxAirixXInternal_ChaosSheriSim57Hearts4u 33 votes
Nah, keep going forward (maybe the next generation will use the High School pack)
37%
GoldmoldarMykalaplyIcewolfColorist40mcruddelanorbretonMariefoxprice83simgirl1010alanmichael1goodcakebaker62Lizzychicagoduhboy2u2phantasmkissTeeSeaPenguinFoopannalephantccarrig_95simesmerizedAtreya33SERVERFRA 30 votes
Other
20%
GalacticGalmaggiemae8135SimplyJenSati101Babykittyjadecatmando830RedDestiny92EnkiSchmidtDaniRose2143Evilyn_1007Behappy1stAmapola76DaepheneKimmermightyspriteJunkyPoem 16 votes

Comments

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I am at the half way point of putting 24 sims through my prep school and university.
    This is all for a master save file that I am setting up. I can simply put them on hold and edit other features around my various sims worlds until High School Years comes out.

I am working on a custom career for Models, so that should keep me busy too.
    They need jobs to complete my Style Influencer/Photographer/Model overlapping game play circle.
    I am also working on a custom trait (Fabulous) for my models.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Nah, keep going forward (maybe the next generation will use the High School pack)
    I'm putting Werewolves on hold and returning to my main family. I'd moved two of the three adult daughters to Moonwood Mills to become a vampire and a werewolf. Moved them back into the family household and deleted the Werewolf save. The third adult daughter has a child so I'll be focusing on her for now and getting her ready for high school. Might add another kid to the family so I can have two high schoolers.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited June 2022
    Other
    I'm not really putting anything on hold because as usual I only play with the same save and same sims. So everything new that comes is integrated together. Mainly I'm just trying to figure out how to integrate werewolves because my main sims were already established occults so I don't even know who to turn werewolf yet.
    I will continue to play with teens as usual and when the pack drops I will build a new school (or however it works) and throw them in but it won't go against my main story since school is always a side story for me.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited June 2022
    When I get a new pack I either integrate it into the current save as it is, or start a new one. I stop and start a lot though because I get bored with legacy style games or overwhelmed by big themed games. Having said that, I've been thinking of starting an American sitcom themed save, and the pack would definitely be useful for that. I'm waiting for reviews and so forth before I make a final decision but at this point I'm about 90% sure I will get it at some point.

I'm still on the fence with werewolves so I'm waiting for a sale - I'd almost convinced myself to get it as a reward for completing a personal project but I bought a different non-Sims game instead! It turns out I want the body scars and the CAS items more than the actual werewolves so yeah, definitely waiting for a sale on that one.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    I am still enjoying werewolves. I have no desire at all to play high school. Perhaps one day in the far future.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Other
    Do you already have plot hooks for the kiddos? If yes, play on. If there's nothing waiting for them, then wait for the EP.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    Other
    I'm playing my two saves with werewolves right now and they don't even have any children yet.
    My other (about) 60 saves have lots of teens currently. My play style is very slow and because I play my saves rotationally I will have lots of time to send many teens to high school.
  • Options
    simesmerizedsimesmerized Posts: 202 Member
    I don’t have any children in my current save. I have a sim that’s pregnant and by the time HS comes out they will probably be a teen. Or at least close.
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    I'll start a new save when the pack comes out. That's why all of my screenshots are the same sims year after year! lol
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    I play with aging off so I can just leave them until the pack is released. I'm not sure how it will even work playing this pack with aging off, so we will see.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Still trying to learn how to build up the Werewolf powers. However, I may or may not age up some of my sims children to teens, who knows.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Other
    I think it depends on how planned your story is. The downside right now is that you've never played the high school pack, and don't know how it's all going to work, which makes it possible for stuff to happen that doesn't mesh with your story. I'd want to try it out a few times first and make sure I had a handle on how to make things go certain ways before I tried to set a story in a high school if I was particular about it.

But if you're less planned out and ok with giving up some control it might work out. Or if waiting includes not just waiting for the pack to come out but also holding off until you've played through the new pack in another save.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Other
    I am just finishing the set up for my occult gameplay with all occults and humans. Hoping to start playing soon. My starting families are single, married couple, and some with toddler(s) and kid(s). I will be playing rotationally, so this will give me plenty of time for the children to age up to teens in time for the new High School pack by the time I get the High School pack. Can't wait to try it out!
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    I suppose it depends when you're planning on getting the pack, and if you have another save to play, but for me I would wait to play the teens until the pack came out. It'll really make it exciting!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Other
    In the main household, where I spend my time playing, the first of Erik's children, (he currently has five) just became Child Sims. I play on Long, and if need be, I could alter the days in their age stage. Since this EP comes out on the 28th, they may just be reaching their Teens by then. So, no worries for me. I'll hang back via MCCC, if I need to, but seriously doubt I'll have to cheat to keep them from aging too soon.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited July 2022
    Other
    Currently I'm just building. I normally start a new save to check out packs. I have a teen sim saved in my library that I made ages ago by accident. I've been waiting for a good opportunity to play her. This pack suits her perfectly... now to dig through my backup files. lol
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,833 Member
    Other
    I play with aging off so I can keep on going without worrying about my storylines. I would have most likely aged the kids I have now up before then, but I'll take my time and allow them to keep piling up the skills.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Other
    I'll keep going, after a spotty break werewolves were just what I needed so I am appreciating the long life and will have no issue aging up any of the pups available to send them to school. I'm not dying so much that I don't feel like I can play but I am looking forward to adding to my rotation as a whole.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    Other
    I'm not yet sure if I'll get the pack. It seems like it could be sort of tedious, but also potentially fun. The prom-posal thing is ridiculous imho (in real life too). It will probably come down to whether minisprite is into it. She's about to start high school irl so who knows, maybe she'll beg for it, maybe she'll have enough new high school stuff already...

• Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    The save I am playing in now is one with young families and I have maybe eight toddlers and three kids so far in my rotation. I will probably work on skills then age up the toddlers to give me a pool of kiddos to choose from once we have the new pack. I play with aging off because I want this group of kids to grow up together in order to play a story line I have for them.
  • Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    If you have other games to play then I'd say leave that one until the new pack comes out then you can fully enjoy it when it's fresh and new. If this is your only gameplay then maybe just play through until you have babies again etc. I'm glad I just finished that section of my Sim's life and they haven't even started a family yet so I'm hoping by the time that happens the pack will be out. I don't wanna wait a whole month though. I want it now!
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    What I do is have a game set up and saved (I save it in a fold on my desktop) and just play with older files until new ep and gp are released and start over with that save. I am getting to the point where I have almost everything that I wanted where I probably will stop starting over again unless the save files get corrupted. Still waiting to create bands (and hoping with the new pack we get more of an attraction system); but I got weddings, occults (I wanted vampires, witches and werewolves and got them all now), and now pre-ordered the HSY so unless there is another big change, I think I am good overall and can focus on creating an actual story/generations now as I properly go with plans I had.

I waited years just for spellcasters, werewolves and attraction system or updated relationships.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    Other
    well, minisprite really wants the pack so I think we will get it
    she's literally now about to leave the house to go meet her real life teen friends at the real life boba tea place
    so there you go
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    I would perhaps set the aging to off for now until you get the pack if not on a long lifespan/aging off already. Though it would be great to get more things for kids, I would imagine the kids stage might not have anything new for a while so mind as well continue on to teens once the pack releases. A Uni refresh would be great, too, but I think the teen pack would provide a lengthy amount of playtime! :smile:
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    Other
    Start anew, like I always do.
    Would be interesting to see how the Windenburg, San Myshuno & Willow Creek teens manage before tackling Britechester or Foxbury.