Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you buying High School Years ?

Comments

• Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Not right away since Im going to wait until it pops up on Amazon, and use the giftcards Ive been getting to pay for it. But I like alot of what Im seeing so Im definitely going to be looking forward to this EP.
  • Options
    AalyahReedAalyahReed Posts: 209 Member
    Undecided
    Undecided

A Big Yes! If it functions without bugs.

If it's buggy like MWS, then no.

I hope it's the former!
  • Options
    Humility925Humility925 Posts: 152 Member
    edited July 2022
    Undecided
    I mostly play Sims young adult and adult, but very rare child/teen/ even elder so I might not buy it, because it's seem only for teen sim gameplay, unless it's offer adult career similar acting career like teacher or janitor, or playing Sim police to come to school for troublemaker, but if this gameplay only for teen sims, I don't think I want to buy it unless there is gameplay for adult sims and if new world map allowed more lots, maybe, but no world map, no adult sim gameplay, then I don't think it's worth money. Young Adult and Adult is where most fun of gameplay for me.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    When the speculation started about this, I hoped it was true. Now that it has been confirmed, I'll be buying it on the release date. :)
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    MekoSharkMekoShark Posts: 161 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    I'm excited for this pack, BUT I have to see the livestream and watch others play it to decipher how buggy it might be, then wait for EA to sort out the bugs that will be in this new pack.🧐
    Sharks need love too 🦈

• Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,345 Member
    Undecided
    High school itself has never been high on my list, but there are a number of things shown in the trailer I could potentially be interested in. Also, not sure about the "natural growth of body hair over time" thing described in the blog announcement. I want body hair, but only as a CAS item, not something that changes over time. So depends on if there is an "off" toggle for that.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    mitchiebanjomitchiebanjo Posts: 172 Member
    I said yes but there are concerns for me. It has been 52 years since I was in high school! Honestly, I am not that interested in any of the actual school stuff. I can't get excited about actual teen angst. I'd love to see an end of life pack. You know, where you can set up your choices for cremation or burial. Pick a cemetary plot. Sign a do not resuscitate order. Live in a nursing home where you are neglected and abused. Why can't we have that?
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Of course, I never say no to more content. Probably won't use the active school much if at all - I'm a big fan of rabbit holes, myself. However, I am excited for the return of the photobooth, pillow fights, and reading in bed - and being able to sit cross-legged on the floor once more. Plus there are some things that look interesting. I have some concerns - do not want growing body hair on all my sims, for one thing. Not a fan of body hair at all, but from what I have seen it looks like they may have some that would interest me. Learning to shave is a right of passage for many teen boys, I'm sure, but I don't want ALL my male sims shaving - a little too realistic for me lol. What's next, nose hair clippers? Or does that come in the over 40 pack? lol

Luckily, there will be mods to turn off anything I don't want, I'm sure. So I'm not too fussed about it. Or maybe there are toggles/items that are required. *shrug* I buy everything, and this one is no different, though I can't wait to see more - it almost actually feels like an EP!
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Undecided
    Maybe, eventually. But really I'm just disappointed. Very much the American teen drama movies I watched as a kid growing up outside of the USA, I'm not interested in being a cheerleader or becoming an "American" football star, those things just aren't from my culture. Can we have things that represent school life outside of America for a change?
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Undecided
    My infamous need more information and seeing what wail in distress factor is.
  • Options
    TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    @gamekitten
    I’ve found that downloading cc teen clothes and only using light makeup makes teenagers seem and feel like teenagers.
  • Options
    Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    edited July 2022
    Undecided
    Possibly on a sale, but I have doubts. It better have some awesome gameplay features that engages me if they want to try and send me to another educational facility. I got University already... that was €40, this would be another €40... €80 to have university and high-school... jesus, yeah-no, maybe, and that's a very big maybe, on a sale.
    You're Breathtaking!
  • Options
    mewo13mewo13 Posts: 60 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    I hope we can set uniforms (similar to the Dine Out pack). I know it's American-HS style with casual clothes, but my HS experience (and most of the rest of the world) had uniforms.

I wonder if we can make high school lots in other worlds too, or if it's limited to one single customizable one.

Aside from body hair, I wish we had acne (like Sims 2) and insecurity/embarrassed moodlets. Like, having acne would cause more flirty actions to fail. I had KawaiiStacie's mod but had to remove it because sims would wear the face mask all the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 time.

I also hope we have more "cliques" or archetypes. Not sure if it's a trailer-only thing or if it's an actual in-game mechanic.

I love the new lots though. Carnival and BUBBLE TEA shop!
  • Options
    xGallifreyanGirlxxGallifreyanGirlx Posts: 65 Member
    No
    No

It seems like the discover universary pack, but for teens. Not interested in that type of gameplay.
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    edited July 2022
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    YES! Can't remember the last time I was so excited about Sims4 content!

So many things I had to use mods for (body hair, dynamic growth beards and shaving animation, go to school mods, teen life expansion mods, puberty mods, are in this pack and it looks AMAZING!

I'm also glad that the special content is available not just by pre-ordering, but purchasing before Sept. 8. I'll take the second option.

This shakes me out of my idea that Sims4 won't get any better. It seems that the additional gameplay and immersion a lot of us used mods to add, is finally arriving. This pack promises to bring back a sense of fun and rebellion, because the teens don't have to be Perfect Model Citizens all the time, and are finally allowed to get into mischief, or perhaps even actual trouble!
    Those of us pining for a sense of risk and consequence in the game, will be so grateful if this delivers!
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Yes because right now I find teen sims super boring. When my sims are teens I just prey there bday is close so I can age them up and kick them out. Any pack that gets me to change the way I play I think is worth it.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Yes and as a matter of fact I'm going to preorder it today as soon as I get a cash card.
  • Options
    lori171957lori171957 Posts: 233 Member
    edited July 2022
    Undecided
    It looks really good, but $50 is a lot of money.
    Decided: I pre-ordered it, Life is to short to miss out on things you want.
    Post edited by lori171957 on
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Absolutely, on release day. I see nothing that I dislike.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Done :)

gPRq8Jh.png
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    Undecided
    The carnival looks kinda interesting but the rest is not really my personal interest. I need more information on what this means for my teens in terms of gameplay. Will there be new school types or active classes? Will the base game high school continue to be available? I like being able to send sims to rabbit hole schools (and jobs) when I play big families.

The school experience also feels like a Hollywood teen movie because it feels very American with little to remind me of my actual high school.

I think this pack is released too close to werewolves. I want to enjoy that pack first. I would have liked to post on werewolves occasionally over the summer but I guess werewolves is old news now and the only thing that counts on the forum and social media from now on is high school. :( . I think the only occult pack in 3 years deserved a bit more time getting attention.

If I get it, it will definitely be on sale.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,839 Member
    edited July 2022
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Already did. After seeing the trailer it was just a matter of credit or debit.

The major point that sold me on it was the school being an active environment not a rabbit hole like it is now. I love active lots, careers, and activities. Another big selling point for me is another world, and being an expansion pack it should be large. I know it probably won't be Windenberg large, but I'm hopeful it won't be DSV small. I just hope it takes a few pages out of the Moonwood Mill bible of world building.

• Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)

Monster High....a dream come true. Ever saw Cheerbeasts? I will make this work.
    I admit that HighSchool Years seems to be the University Refresh we all needed. Except it’s high school.

I’m also not too phased by the look of EAs teens. IRL some teens have the appearance of a 30 year old anyway. “ Kid, not sure if I’m your dad or if you are mine.”
    My own sim teens look like teens to me and in my game that’s all that matters. I never cared much for pre mades.

I have zero interest in simfluencer & streamer content. In fact, I have a passionate dislike for it. I thought content like that is already part of Get Famous and I really hope this is the last of that social media nonsense, although I have my doubts. I’d love a dislike option to DISLIKE PHONES AND COMPUTERS and that a sim’s behavior reflects those decisions and that they find something else to play with instead.
    I prefer less virtual and more active, physical teen adventures. Playing Tabletop games in the basement, visiting graveyards at night, solving murders and mysteries etcetera.

This EP Is not something I would have asked for - certainly not - however- from what I’ve seen so far I believe it has plenty on offer to suit my play style… 😈
  • Options
    IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    edited July 2022
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Yes. I have preordered it. I wasn't that into the concept initially but I think it will improve the teen lifestage.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited July 2022
    Maybe, but awaiting trailers and other material to determine if I will buy it. I like the concept of the pack but not enough to jump right in and give them my money. :) EA/Maxis lately selling GPs at EPs prices.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen