Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 High School Year's Negative thread

Comments

• CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I've put TS4 aside for now.
    I am glad I never played my main sims, but ran an alternative save instead
    I also made a backup before I patched and installed HSY.

I'll wait for the most serious issues to be patched.
    I'm playing Gran Turismo 7 for now, and it's probably a good time to start a new play-through of Final Fantasy VII Remake.
    Or Cyberpunk 2077, if the 1.6 patch arrives next month.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Mr_MuffinTopMr_MuffinTop Posts: 131 Member
    Players have been saying you can't plan events on Friday and Sat due to the prom and exam being every week, is that true?
  • Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    Players have been saying you can't plan events on Friday and Sat due to the prom and exam being every week, is that true?

Not sure about Saturday but Friday's are off limits due to exams - it stinks but yet another issue to add to the list
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

There are some good things that I would like to do with HSY but how it runs over the calendar will not work for me. Also, how do I make it occult? How would I have a occult or stranger vibe on my save. With Uni I could at least set the student house to only accept occult students but unless I mod the game I will only have regular sim classmates.

I always play on really reaaally long lifespans, I just cannot have prom 11 times with my teenager with friends being sad every week because she cannot go with all of them.

Ugh.... there are things that I would like to do with the pack but the way it was designed makes it difficult to fit into my saves. It is a bummer and this will be the first expansion that I don't get.
  • Mr_MuffinTopMr_MuffinTop Posts: 131 Member
    edited August 2022
    There are some good things that I would like to do with HSY but how it runs over the calendar will not work for me. Also, how do I make it occult? How would I have a occult or stranger vibe on my save. With Uni I could at least set the student house to only accept occult students but unless I mod the game I will only have regular sim classmates.

I always play on really reaaally long lifespans, I just cannot have prom 11 times with my teenager with friends being sad every week because she cannot go with all of them.

Ugh.... there are things that I would like to do with the pack but the way it was designed makes it difficult to fit into my saves. It is a bummer and this will be the first expansion that I don't get.

They get sad if they don't go to prom too?

Not sure about Saturday but Friday's are off limits due to exams - it stinks but yet another issue to add to the list

I was planning to get the pack on sale but I am not to keen on having my calendar blocked out like that, I have a lot of events scheduled on my calendar and to lose every single Friday isn't too appealing because I already use my calendar for a lot of made up events. The events of course don't all fall on Friday but some do, this is a screenshot of my calendar at its busiest with most events falling on Friday, do you know how the HS pack might affect these events? Will it delete them or move them up? The sun events are how I block out summer break for my sims, do you know if not going to school for so long due to summer holiday will cause any issues with the finals?

Also can i just cancel prom and finals on the calendar or are they locked into the calendar?

52294166299_a8d83935da_b.jpg

I have 2 teens and one child in the home, would the exams and prom erase those events or cancel them out? Do you know if prom and exams on appear on the calendar if you send your sim to school or does just having teens put them on the calendar?
    Post edited by Mr_MuffinTop on
  • motdkmotdk Posts: 208 Member
    To many empty set dressing stores that could have been usable lots. Nothing to do in the Football Field.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I usually play with 1 week seasons due to playing rotationally. I love my holidays and normally put them on a Friday, or weekend, so sims can work and go to school. In fall I do Halloween and Thanksgiving, and winter has Christmas eve and Christmas, and New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. If I have to put them during the week there won't be much time for school or work.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    @Mr_MuffinTop It is my understanding that sims can ask you to prom, you can chose to accept or decline and it would have consequences. If you teen has many friends and you live on a long lifespan that could be distracting on week 8.

I do not really understand how this pack work with long lifespan’s yet but from the looks of it the pack would not suit me. I also use the calendar a lot. I set NPC-holidays often. Days when the entire save is off work so I can set up clubs, form relationships and just play around. Then I go back to my main family. That is my favorite way of playing the game.
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member

I tested this for someone else in another post. It's true if you have a teenager in the household. You have to use a household without teenagers to set Friday and Saturday holidays but you should still be able to plan events like dinner party's. Someone already reported it as a bug since then.
  • StinalinaStinalina Posts: 2,396 Member
    @Mr_MuffinTop It is my understanding that sims can ask you to prom, you can chose to accept or decline and it would have consequences. If you teen has many friends and you live on a long lifespan that could be distracting on week 8.

I do not really understand how this pack work with long lifespan’s yet but from the looks of it the pack would not suit me. I also use the calendar a lot. I set NPC-holidays often. Days when the entire save is off work so I can set up clubs, form relationships and just play around. Then I go back to my main family. That is my favorite way of playing the game.

The prom every Saturday is too much. I don't get why it's so short and 80% off the time is spend on podium announcement. Usually before they even get to vote, eat, or much else. Usually they have time for a dance, which they all seem to gravitate too, - even the dance-haters(!) and they can be quite defiant in doing anything else! (- And here I was thinking I could control them!!!)

I do long lifespan and rotation too, I often put ageing on pause (- Thankfully I did pause before High School! If I haven't all my elders would be dead and everyone else aged up. - Im now working my way round to every household to give them Potion of Youth to avoid disaster. Then they all have the same Birthday instead of their different lifecycles... it will be a lot of work, but I don't expect a patch to fix the ages back to where they where. It's a mess!).

Anyway:
    The problem with High School and relationships is that other sims will come to your households sims and ask them to prom/ to be best friends/ even to become their boy/girlfriend (Often without them even knowing each other!!!). - It gives them sad or negative sentiments about each other when the played household sims says no.
    But in regards to the prom requests I have noticed it seems to have no consequences to say yes to all of them! - It seems it's only if your played sim actively choose to disinvite X sim to the prom, that it might create some conflict. - It's not like they show up at your door in a limo to pick your sim up for the prom or anything fancy like that. They all just meet up at the dance or to a pre-party at some other teens house. So far I haven't noticed any problems about skipping prom. - Even having played sim both promised a sim to skip it and others to go with them as friends or romantically. I didn't see any reaction on my played sim. - And I highly doubt that the other sim even know they didn't keep the promise...

I guess it's okay to ask a unknown sim to the prom. - If you imagine they go to high school together. But it would be nice if all the Best friends and romantic requests only would happen between sims that already know each other.
  • macshelmacshel Posts: 20 Member
    I've given up playing TS4. I keep hoping/waiting for a patch. I am still having the aging up issue and expelled from high school. It's just awful. I don't want to deal with Saves, uninstalling, etc. Does anyone know if they are working on a patch that will fix these issues?
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    I'm still not sure how I feel about Sims from every neighbourhood attending the High-School. It always feels weird at all to have Sims from Sulani or MT Komorebi hanging around in Winderberg and vice versa whenever they want, but everyone going to a school potentially in the middle of nowhere must be a lot too. I can only imagine the constant plane rides Sims must be taking every day.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    OK, I have been playing HSY for one Sim week, and I followed my student for three of the days. I am so bored of working out! I have put lots of fun activities in my school. Can I do them please! Please, please, please! someone mod this. I would be so grateful!
  • Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    telemwill wrote: »
    OK, I have been playing HSY for one Sim week, and I followed my student for three of the days. I am so bored of working out! I have put lots of fun activities in my school. Can I do them please! Please, please, please! someone mod this. I would be so grateful!

I agree 100% on this. I don't even go to school anymore except for the 1st day and maybe career day or something if I am doing the aspiration. It's way too repetitive and could use some variety.

For me, it seems like these are the only things that ever happen during the school day besides attend the class - (not including the first day when you meet the principal/teacher and claim a locker)
    • study for exam
    • run on treadmill
    • use exercise machine
    • be friendly to a student
    • be friendly to a faculty member
    • join a t-pose challenge (has only happened once)
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,871 Member
    @telemwill @Llandros2012 You can do any other activities that you want to do during free time before school and at lunch, it just doesn't improve your school performance.
    @mightysprite I finally got brave enough to ditch the plan and spent the morning period hanging out with my Sims besties. Still managed to get gold. So I will give my Sims more freedom from now on.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I just think they are spitting out these packs w/o thinking what will make them better for they do not want to pause and evaluate the game and see what they can do to fix it so just about everyone can have a pleasant time playing. As far as more meaty features being introduced may not happen now only stuff.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,354 Member

Something I learned by starting my sims using a WIP high school that didn't have a weight room - if there's no workout equipment, there is no task to work out.

Doesn't have other activities count towards your school day stuff, but it does eliminate one that doesn't always make sense.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Ok Im tired of my sim getting upset or sad when a teenage sim comes out of know where and asks do you want to go to prom or do you want to best friends and I'm like they don't know you. Then that sim gets upset or sad making my sim upset or sad.
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

Something I learned by starting my sims using a WIP high school that didn't have a weight room - if there's no workout equipment, there is no task to work out.

Doesn't have other activities count towards your school day stuff, but it does eliminate one that doesn't always make sense.

That's good to know. I may at some time have a Sim that likes working out, but perhaps I can make make some substitutions for those that don't.
    edited August 2022
    Heads up for those who don't want romance outside your Sim's sexual preferences, don't read locker notes.

Edit: On second thought, this may be a mod. Taking that one out!
    Post edited by telemwill on
  • DiassaDiassa Posts: 156 Member
    edited August 2022
    Anyone knows why Teens wear similar outfits on 99% of time? I didn't see any explanation in game. And it looks so ridiculous.
    bFRddVU.jpg
      The Sages appreciation club
    RcdS04K.jpg
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    Diassa wrote: »
    Anyone knows why Teens wear similar outfits on 99% of time? I didn't see any explanation in game. And it looks so ridiculous.
    bFRddVU.jpg

I don’t know, but I hate it. They really took away all of our control with this pack.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    macshel wrote: »
    I've given up playing TS4. I keep hoping/waiting for a patch. I am still having the aging up issue and expelled from high school. It's just awful. I don't want to deal with Saves, uninstalling, etc. Does anyone know if they are working on a patch that will fix these issues?
    I've stopped playing it too, but I keep coming back here hoping for news.

Unlucky for EA, I didn't buy the pack. I spent my money on expansions for Cities Skylines and then Planet Zoo. I'm having a blast. Not that EA will care one hoot.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,871 Member
    @Diassa @RedShoe7 That happens on days when the after-school activities are going to meet, I think. They are team outfits.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top