Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Zip it, Guildry

Anyone else think Guildry is a bit annoying? I don't want to get rid of him, but I don't want to spend the whole night talking, either.

Comments

• BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    He doesn't bother me too much. But I ignore him at times.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    If you’re on PC and are open to mods, mccc and Carl’s mods have ones that make people leave instantly. I believe it works on Guidry. Not sure
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    edited June 2022
    Don't get me wrong, he's fine, he's just a bit much. I have noticed he'll do laundry, clean llama stalls, and take out the trash among the paranormal stuff, but he pesters my Sim with conversations nonstop unless I interrupt him to do something. Then my Sim likes his babbling, somehow. Next thing you know, the Sim has absolutely nothing done due to the night-long chat, and they're usually too tired to do anything. Happens every night.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I usually just ignore him. My sims may chat with him while they eat or watch tv, but otherwise I just tell them to stop talking. I think Guidry is a bit.... suspicious. He often pops up in the bathroom when my sim is taking a shower and stares :grimace: But I like it when he cleans dirty toilets.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I tried to ignore him but he was sneaky and used to opportunity to chat up my sim's wife and flirt with her. It broke the poor sim's heart.
    Yeah, the bathroom thing is really weird, and performing tasks take twice as long when you talk. I was mixing potions and he wouldn't shut up, and eventually my Sim just stepped away from the cauldron. In a few times which that happened, the potions failed.
    As for the bathroom thing, I think he just automatically appears next to your Sim each night at a certain time, just do all your business beforehand. It's nothing personal, it's just the programming.

Still weird.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    wonderful nanny for my ghost toddler but I do find him tad irritating at times so i just stop guidry visits from the hand thing
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    Does that prevent him from ever showing up? My Sim usually has him as a best friend. I just want a break from him is all.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,344 Member
    The "disable Guidry's visits" thing on the hand is fully reversible. Just click on the hand and enable them when you want him to come back. I have him hang around when I want company for my vampire at night, and disable the visits when I don't.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    He has yet to appear in either of my 2 haunted houses, so not a problem at all.