Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bienchens Mods

Can anyone help me out? Every time I try to down load some mods this happens. Not every mods just certain ones I noticed. And if I can get it to download nothing will be in the folder when it unzips.
saz3oii5z99e.png

Comments

• SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited June 2022
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I had that issue when I downloaded the whole update file but not when I downloaded the mods individually. I was able to unzip and install them that way.
  • jasasimsjasasims Posts: 83 Member
    I have tried with Chrome, Edge and IE and it still does this. I use 7 zip also. I will keep trying until I succeed. LOL
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    Are you downloading and then unzipping or are you having it open instead of letting it go to a download folder first? If you're opening straight from the link, try downloading it to your hard drive, then unzipping it.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
    downloading and then unzipping. I actually downloaded winzip to see if would work. If I opened them with winzip it would show the package file but if I tried to unzip it acts like the folder is empty.
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    jasasims wrote: »
    downloading and then unzipping. I actually downloaded winzip to see if would work. If I opened them with winzip it would show the package file but if I tried to unzip it acts like the folder is empty.

I didn't mean to abandon you! Did you ever get it figured out?
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    edited July 2022
    I just saw this and it looks like when you are using 7-Zip instead of choosing extract files or extract here you are choosing open archive or add to archive. I would suggest deleting the file and redownloading it then try 7-Zip again.

5oyuhxm57a5q.jpg
    edited July 2022
    I tried saving and then extracting to. I think when I screen grabbed that I tried just opening to see what would happen and it said the exact same thing. What I ended up doing with some of their files was downloading winzip. I could open some with it, but some still didnt work. Its been a week or so since I tried. My daughter got sick ( who doesnt even live at home anymore) and took the whole family out. Not Covid thankfully but it sure feels like it.
    Finvola wrote: »
    I had that issue when I downloaded the whole update file but not when I downloaded the mods individually. I was able to unzip and install them that way.

Its been awhile but I think I tried both ways. I am going to try again. I was able to get some files to work while others didnt.