Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

All Methods of immortality in the Sims 4

Hi, I’ve been looking into ways to make Sims immortal in the Sims 4, and I think I’ve discovered every way, let me know if I’ve missed anything:

Ways to keep Sims from ageing;

Potion of Youth/Potion of Regeneration/Age-Away Serum: I’ve grouped these together as they pretty much do the same thing, which is to reset the current age of the sim. So it you are 3/4ths through Adulthood, drinking any of these would reset to day 1 of adulthood. The Potion of Youth is available from the Aspiration shop and costs 1,500 Aspiration points. The Potion of Regeneration can be made by any level 10 Spellcaster, although it has a chance of failing and making your sim older. And lastly the Age-Away Serum can be made by a level 10 Scientist. Of these, only the Potion of Regeneration and Age-Away Serum are reasonably renewable, however, if you have access to a Cloning Machine, all of these can be cloned infinitely, creating a path to immortality.

Cowplant: If you are able to get a Cowplant Berry (whether this be through fishing, grafting etc), and grow a Cowplant, if the grown Cowplant eats and kills a Sim, it will produce the Essence of Life, which can extend a Sims life. However, to achieve immortality using this method, one would have to kill a lot of Sims to keep themselves alive.

Flower Arranging: If the skill of Flower Arranging is Level 10, if you create and then scent a excellent quality Orchid Arrangement, you can increase your lifespan every 24 hours, if you have enough Orchids, you can use this to become immortal.

Mother Plant: With the StrangerVille expansion, if you are able to befriend and eventually reach a high enough relationship level with the Mother Plant, you are able to request a gift each day, one of these gifts is life extension. This can be used to extend your life indefinitely.

Bringing dead back Sims back to life;

Ambrosia: The Ambrosia can be created by a Sim who has a level 10 in both Cooking and Gourmet Cooking, and is made with a Potion of Youth, a Angelfish, and a Death Flower. After it’s made, it can be fed to a ghost, and the ghost who eats it will be brought back to life. Technically, Ambrosia can also be fed to living Sims as well, but it has the same effect as a Potion of Youth, and requires a Potion of Youth to make so it’s not very useful.

The Book of Life: At level 10 of the Writing Skill, a Sim can write “The Book of Life”, which can bring back dead sims. This is only an option if you’ve already written a Book of Life for the dead sim before they die, and the author is still alive, but if you have both of these are true, then the author of the book can summon the dead sim back to life.

Death Flower: If a Sim has a Death Flower when another Sim dies, then instead of pleading with Death, which does not have a high chance of working, the Sim can instead offer the Death Flower to Grim, who will bring the dead Sim back to life.

Wishing Well: A dead Sim is able to wish at a wishing well to be brought back to life. Depending on the mood of the wishing well, the wishing well will either resurrect the dead sim, give the Sim an ambrosia to resurrect themselves with, give the Sim an ingredient of ambrosia, ignore the wish, cause the Sim not to be able to be resurrected by any means for 4 hours, or resurrect the sim and then kill them again.

Immortal States:

Potion of Immortality: A level 10 spellcaster may brew a Potion of Immortality, which causes the sim who drinks it to become immortal, they cannot die of old age. This potion can also be cloned by the Cloning Machine, should you want to. However, one downside is that the potion does not stop ageing, only death. Another downside is that this potion causes a white glowing infinity sign to appear above the Sims head.

Vampire: Vampires are immortal and will stay in the Young Adult stage their whole lives.

Werewolf: An Apex Werewolf can possess the Immortal Werewolf ability, which makes them immortal.

Comments

• Options
    Humility925Humility925 Posts: 152 Member
    Potion of Youth/Potion of Regeneration/Age-Away Serum/Cowplant isn't true immortal because it's not passives, you had to use those action again and again once in while, so it's only make sim live longer, not immortal because action need to do it again often. Bring back from dead isn't immortal, but it's do gave a chance to live again.

Potion of Immortality isn't a immortality because it's only work on elder, not young adult and normal adult, I think that adult is at max perk, not elder.

So that leave only 2 thing that almost true immortal, vampire and werewolf, it's only one time action and passive, and forgot about it, so both are kind of true immortal, on other hand, I'm not sure I think werewolf is just immune to death as some calm, so I don't know know, while elder vampire is hardest to killed, not just aging, but harder to get killed as well. More or less.
  • Options
    Garfieldwxg55Garfieldwxg55 Posts: 76 Member
    Yeah, most of these aren’t true passive immortality, so I just included everything that fell under living past death
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    Even after all these years of playing (probably because I always used to just build and then start getting bored after a few sim days of live mode), I still have so much to discover! I never knew about half of these. Thanks!
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    You are missing Spellcasters.
    They can bring sims back from the dead with Necrocall and Dedeathify spells.

This is all reminding me that I am supposed to be building a secret society for my world.
    Cassandra Goth will lead it and she will also run a business that deals in all ingredients involved with longevity and immortality.
    The members of the secret society will provide her with anything that she can't produce on her own.

There will probably be several Chapters to the society since it will mostly likely be larger than 8 sims.
    I will have a rule that only society members can be gifted with end products or services from other members.
    Non-members will only be able to buy things that can help them create their own solutions.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    LeandroLeandro Posts: 4 New Member
    I use potion of youth
  • Options
    blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,373 Member
    Thanks for posting this. I didn't know about the mother plant one.