Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Improvments to skills in the Sims 4! Base game

ItsMeThatGuyItsMeThatGuy Posts: 305 Member
edited June 2022 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I've said about this before, but it wasn't clean. So i came out with a new thread with a similar idea. Here are the improvements I need for the game skills, and to make them more important, starting with Charisma:

PLEASE, PLEASE, do NOT hijack this thread. It is used for adding skill improvements and not to make a new topic! Hijacking will result in the page getting closed!

• When a Sim reaches level 4, they can ask the other sim about their sentimental feelings about them.

•higher levels will have conversations increase bars faster, whilist also increasing Mean interactions more effective as well...
I did not see this occur in the basegame already.

• Higher Charisma levels will increase the followers a Sim gets and will be less likely to fail. In reality, it is random.

• At level 6, a Sim can use a Hilarious Introduction, which is similar to Joke star Hilarious Icebreaker, but less effective.

•At level 3, a Sim can introduce with a mean "Aggrivating Insult" which is worse then the rude introduction.

•If DU is installed, higher Charisma will slightly increase grade scores at end term, and also get higher grades finishing Presentations.

•Will provide a boost to all Social skills in the category with better skill.

•Also provide a boost working in Business career with better skill, as there is no career boost from skill.

• Will show changes in animations. Low charisma will see Sims fumble while talking and High charisma will exactly know what to say.

•Charisma, will support increasing success in Mischief actions with better skill.

• if GF is installed, they will have higher quality of making videos and, will recieve higher amounts of Royalty earnings.

• Sim's Social need will fill quicker with better skill.

• Due to a clear and high skill of talking, they will be more efficient at the Help at homework interaction, for kids and teens. for higher skill.

• High skill will avoid boring and awkward conversations.

•They gain better relation with coworkers using the Chat with Co Workers worktone.

•All social interactions goals at Parties will fill the meter more with higher Skill.

• Reduced chance of Voodoo Backfire with high skill.

That's all I know.
I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.
Post edited by ItsMeThatGuy on

Comments

• Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    More trait slots. Sims need a lot more personality.

Let us mute the phones.

Babies should not be objects, they should have little whims like getting that one toy we don't have yet, or causing some sort of mischief.

In CL, we see cows, but the base game has cow plants. Pick a source of milk and replace the other. Ie, we could replace the cows with horses.

Money needs to be a bit harder to get. My solo Sim can live off money from occasional yard sales?

Kids should be able to learn how to gain some adult skills.

Quit pranking the toilet! IDK where that started, but it's frustrating.
  • Options
    There is a mod to stop pranking toilets.
    I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,035 Member
    edited June 2022
    Personally I want to change how the skill system works and add entirely new skills. I want all skills to be more like the cooking - gourmet cooking, ie. you have a base skill that is fairly easy to get, then a more advanced skill that takes more effort to achieve and that you cannot start working on until you're at a certain level of the first skill.

For example, you cannot work on gourmet cooking until you're at cooking level 5 (or rather that is how it is supposed to work, I've had experiences that suggest that isn't how it actually works). So what if....
    • Sims couldn't start learning rocket science or robotics until their logic is at level five?
    • There were two more writing skills, academic writing and creative writing, that was not available until writing level five? So to write those fantastic bestsellers, sims would have to acquire not one skill but several?
    • There was a reading skill that had to be mastered before sims could go on to learn research and debate?
    • Handiness could lead to more advanced crafting skills?

I would also like to see more skills, such as the above mentioned reading and writing skills. Things that could be taught: swimming, snorkling, diving, riding a bike, business/finances (GTW, improves success of businesses). I'm sure with some time I could think of more.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    There is a mod to stop pranking toilets.

Ik, it should be base game. :#
  • Options
    JAL wrote: »
    Personally I want to change how the skill system works and add entirely new skills. I want all skills to be more like the cooking - gourmet cooking, ie. you have a base skill that is fairly easy to get, then a more advanced skill that takes more effort to achieve and that you cannot start working on until you're at a certain level of the first skill.

For example, you cannot work on gourmet cooking until you're at cooking level 5 (or rather that is how it is supposed to work, I've had experiences that suggest that isn't how it actually works). So what if....
    • Sims couldn't start learning rocket science or robotics until their logic is at level five?
    • There were two more writing skills, academic writing and creative writing, that was not available until writing level five? So to write those fantastic bestsellers, sims would have to acquire not one skill but several?
    • There was a reading skill that had to be mastered before sims could go on to learn research and debate?

I would also like to see more skills, such as the above mentioned reading and writing skills. Things that could be taught: swimming, snorkling, diving, riding a bike, business/finances (GTW, improves success of businesses). I'm sure with some time I could think of more.

I dunno about this one, that might make people annoyed. Perhaps have the base skills enhanced by learning the other skills instead? Like logic might make it take a shorter amount of time to build robots, or something.
  • Options
    ThisSentenceIsALieThisSentenceIsALie Posts: 78 Member

Personally I think this sounds awesome! Sometimes I feel like it's too easy to learn some skills that should be really difficult, like rocket science. Maybe a crafting-skill or creativity-skill that can lead to knitting, cross-stitching, and painting? And a more generic animal handling-skill that can lead to dog-training, veterinarian, and perhaps a new skill for cottage living-animals? Music-skill that lead to different instruments and singing? I can see a lot of potential with this!
    /ᐠ。ꞈ。ᐟ\ ノ
  • Options
    And I am going to add more skill improvements soon!
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,345 Member

I like this idea. Fitness skill in particular needs different branches. It drives me nuts that my sims become good at all fitness related activities simultaneously. If I want a sim who is good at swimming, but bad at basketball, this is not possible without cheating the fitness skill up and down for different scenes.

Because I always play with aging turned off, I also would like the ability to make skills take longer to learn. Preferably a setting that players can set themselves, so that we can all do as we wish. And being able to set "affinities" for individual sims so that they learn a specific skill faster or slower than other sims would be nice too.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    Athletics shouldn't make one a skilled Force sensitive.
  • Options
    BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    Music skills should be at least a bit transferrable. If you're a master pianist, you should at least be a tolerable organist. (Yes, I know the pedals are tricky). See also cooking and cooking-adjacent skills.
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,035 Member

I like this idea. Fitness skill in particular needs different branches. It drives me nuts that my sims become good at all fitness related activities simultaneously. If I want a sim who is good at swimming, but bad at basketball, this is not possible without cheating the fitness skill up and down for different scenes.

Because I always play with aging turned off, I also would like the ability to make skills take longer to learn. Preferably a setting that players can set themselves, so that we can all do as we wish. And being able to set "affinities" for individual sims so that they learn a specific skill faster or slower than other sims would be nice too.

I completely agree about the different type of fitness skills. It should be independent skills just like guitar or violin are different skills. Imagine if we just had one "creative" skill and sims all of a sudden could play all instruments, paint masterpieces and write bestsellers just because of this. And I entirely agree on affinities. We can already give sims a genius trait and a creativity trait, but how about a logical trait that makes creativity harder but logic easier? Or a trait that makes all logic skills harder, but boosts practical skills like gardening and handiness? A "two left feet" trait that makes it harder for them to learn how to dance? A "no sense of humor" trait to make comedy and mischief much harder?

And yes, I tend to go into making skills harder rather than easier as I find many of the skills way to easy as it is. Cook basic dinner for yourself every day and become a level 10 chef? In what world?
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!