Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Tiny Haunted House?

If I make a small house, why can't I make it haunted and have the benefits of having a tiny house? I would love it if we could.

Comments

• Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    They're two different lot types and we can't have multipurpose lots. Well, we can but the game doesn't recognize it as such.

You can use the Spooky lot challenge though. It's not as creepy as the Haunted House lot type but ghosts will still come around.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Nope, we cannot. That also means no tiny or specter haunted community lots or rentals, which is a shame. I'd love to have haunted vacations, if you will.
  • Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    edited June 2022
    Ik. It just seems odd that we can't do it. I belive that the game should just check the size of the house without switching to tiny home. Technically, tiny is not a lot type, really.

I usually like making small eco houses that are haunted. At first I figured it was okay as there might be a surcharge on it for having so many issues with it, but now I kinda want all the benefits and terrors of it.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Why bother with the tiny house lot trait when you can have the haunted house lot trait and still build a tiny home? I did this one in like 15 minutes. It's exactly the same size as a tiny starter home--5 squares wide x 6 squares deep. It even has the same layout

473DzAN.png
  • Options
    And as you can see, it's definitely haunted....

TkKiWdA.png
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    The benefits:

Lower taxes, easier gardening, increased friendliness...

It would help your Sim immensely if they are so busy at night that they sleep during the day- meaning, no career, feeling "fine", which could help to negate the terrified moodlet.mood let.

I like using witches all of a sudden, the gardening buff would definitely aid with potion brewing.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,865 Member
    Tiny house lot benefits.

Tier 1 – Micro Home
    A Tier 1 home allows you to have a maximum of 32 tiles.

Lighten The Load – Using less space means using less energy which means lower bills.
    Let’s All Get Along – All Relationship gains are doubled.
    Let It Grow – Plants grow twice as fast as normal.
    Feelin’ Fine All The Time – Happy, Inspired, and Focused buffs last twice as long.
    You Got The Touch – Skills increase at double the standard rate.
    Cozy Comforts – Relax! Everything is twice as comfortable as it is generally.

Tier 2 – Tiny Home
    A Tier 2 home allows you to have a maximum of 64 tiles.

You Got The Touch – Skills increase at double the standard rate.
    Cozy Comforts – Relax! Everything is twice as comfortable as it is generally.
    Lighten The Load – Using less space means using less energy which means lower bills.
    Feelin’ Fine All The Time – Happy, Inspired, and Focused buffs last twice as long.

Tier 3 – Small Home
    A Tier 3 home allows you to have a maximum of 100 tiles.

https://simscommunity.info/2020/01/20/the-sims-4-tiny-living-all-about-lot-perks/
  • Options
    Apparently, I forgot a few- but there are quite a few things the haunted house will never have- unless they change it.
  • Options
    Apparently, I forgot a few- but there are quite a few things the haunted house will never have- unless they change it.

I was confused by your original post, because I didn't know those benefits existed for tiny homes...I thought you wanted one of the pre-made tiny homes just because it had already been built, and you wanted it to be haunted too
  • Options
    Calico45 wrote: »
    Nope, we cannot. That also means no tiny or specter haunted community lots or rentals, which is a shame. I'd love to have haunted vacations, if you will.

And haunted vacations would be amazing, especially if some ghoul locks the door behind your Sim...
  • Options

I was confused by your original post, because I didn't know those benefits existed for tiny homes...I thought you wanted one of the pre-made tiny homes just because it had already been built, and you wanted it to be haunted too

Tiny houses are the best... but so are the haunted houses.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    edited June 2022
    Haunted should not be a lot type, but a lot trait/challenge. That way we, the players, can choose which lot we want to be haunted - whether residential, community or rental - or tiny (there is a mod for this https://chippedscreationcorner.jimdofree.com/projects/gameplay-addons/haunted-locations/ ).
    I suppose the same can be said tiny houses. While I probably wouldn't use it on a community lot, others might. I would definitely use it for rentals. However, I'm not sure if lot traits work with the conditions set for tiny homes (the max tile/tier system). So I'd also take a tiny home rental lot type instead.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    Once again, the day is saved by modders!
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »
    Great idea. I’d love to build a haunted castle for a rental lot.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    I would love to rent out apartments at a haunted house. Good night, sleep tight, don't let the specters burn you!

This would add a lot of good drama.