Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your Merfolk doing today?

Comments

• dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Depends on my save as to what mine are up to!

Windenberg Paka is married to a spellcaster with 2 kids and a couple of cats.
    Brindleton Bay Paka has just had a baby by Morgyn Ember (some 'help' was needed to make this happen!) and is working his way through the supernatural baby challenge.
    Henford-on-Bagley Paka is living an off the grid, simple life with a spellcaster called Rosa and werewolf Knox Greenberg.
    oh, and Sulani Paka is happily married with 4 kids and working his way to becoming a famous comedian.

Paka is like my Sims 4 mascot and he is actively played in every save I have! :)
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited June 2022
    I still need to get into that other save for Casey the grandson. Because he's a mer-were-pire, he very foolishly attempted to go swimming during the day and he fried in the sun. It's a household of teens, and there is a spellcaster but he hasn't learned how to revive yet so once he learns that spell I'll bring Casey back to life.

But here's some of my other mers. This is Farrah Fishface, she was the first mermaid I made. Her bio says she had one hook to the face too many.
    06-26-22_10-21-51PM.png

Smile for the camera, gorgeous!
    06-26-22_10-22-00PM.png
    06-26-22_10-22-14PM.png

This is Pearl's boyfriend, Salty. He is actually a merman-spellcaster but I inadvertently created him as one in CAS by using two of my own sims as a base for him. One being a merman, the other being a spellcaster. I didn't realize they could be made in CAS as hybrids either.
    06-26-22_10-19-52PM.png
    06-26-22_10-19-56PM.png

This is Patrick, he is one of the sims I used as Salty's base. He's based off an Irish song I loved as a kid about a sailor who became a merman. I tried to make him as he was described in the song.

06-26-22_10-22-43PM.png
    06-26-22_10-22-47PM.png

The song if you're interested, hehehe

The Merman:
    https://youtu.be/UhGcClE85bs
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I recreated the Pleasants from Sims 2. On Daniel and Mary Sue met in college and honeymooned in Sulani. They both majored in marine biology. (Mostly because Daniel wanted to be in the same class as Mary Sue). On honeymoon, Mary Sue fell in love with the premade mermaid. They had an affair that last a couple decades. But now live happily married in the eco living area. Mary Sue wants to save the world! Daniel became a successful (although a little shady) lawyer.
    I revived Casey, he is force to be reckoned with and a menace to society! I think his grandads back in Sulani would be proud of his ability to cause so much mayhem.

I revived him and now he's charging his vampire energy up in were form.
    06-28-22_4-19-53AM.png

He's mean and hot headed.
    06-28-22_4-20-22AM.png

06-28-22_4-20-37AM.png

He's got all sorts of idles happening. No this doesn't look creepy at all.

06-28-22_4-38-51AM.png
    I forgot he's got Sulani Mana too. :D
    06-28-22_4-37-23AM.png

I do have to keep an eye on him because he keeps autonomously going for a swim in the lake, not taking the time of day into consideration. That's how he died the last time.
    06-28-22_4-48-23AM.png
  • LarrikatevenLarrikateven Posts: 99 Member
    edited June 2022
    2aekbcuk8kvv.png

Dongmei is from my main save. She is the eighth generation of the family that I have played, and I think she's a third-generation mermaid. She's living in Henford-on-Bagley at the moment, spending most of her day taking care of a llama and several chickens (so many chickens!), and not particularly connected to her mermaid roots, but she does keep slipping off to go play in the pool when I'm not looking. When she ages up to young adult, I'll probably take her to live in Sulani to try to reconnect with her mermaid heritage.

2d2wwkxb8dr1.png
    jc3y6uk4n6u4.png

I've been playing Kazumi a lot recently, because his save is very different than Dongmei's. He is only the third generation of the family, but his mother was a mermaid as well. Kazumi is a world-famous celebrity singer and guitar player, living in the city. He has extremely good social skills, so now that he is a young adult, he is really playing the field with the townies until he finds one that is good enough to join the household. So he spends a lot of time at the karaoke bars in the city, talking to girls, and then a lot of time at the lounge, flirting with girls, and a lot of time on the beach in Sulani, swimming around until he finds a pretty girl to talk to...

• WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,756 Member

Will put these in a spoiler as there are lots. Here is what Ikkanu has been up to recently:

He visited a new area with his friend Samphy. "Hey, this water's actually not bad."
    XPZgmJW.png

"Eeeeeeeek! I don't know what that was, but I am never coming here again!"
    vqGWSin.png

The following day he brushed up on his gardening, guitar and singing. Ikkanu really gets into his singing.
    Bqk7wdg.png

"Eh heh... I hope nobody heard that." (Is still too shy to perform in front of anyone).
    CCO7XBL.png

One of Ikkanu's roles as a (trainee) shaman is to help lost spirits who occasionally wander into the living world. They don't always listen to him though.
    fhbM6LO.png

There are downsides to living on a haunted island. "Where do these things keep coming from?!"
    EsttDIv.png?1

That night, his sleep is once again disturbed by volatile ghostly presences.
    EWC5EME.png

"Okay... how does the ritual go again?" He tries to calm the wandering spirits.
    mOtDzif.png?1

It doesn't work. "What was that?!"
    CFBQjLX.png

The spectre is in a foul mood and needs to be appeased.
    XOUO4Fr.png

Ikkanu offers it a small classical painting he made the other day.
    dC7V1kh.png?1

He is in luck. The spectre is a connoisseur of fine art and likes Ikkanu's use of tone and colour in his still life of a fruit bowl.
    It dumps some wax on his floor in appreciation. "Um... thanks?"
    WM82qWZ.png?1
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    @WhatCobblers Such fun, I love Ikkanu.

edited June 2022
    That look in Bubbles' eyes after he's just, uh, "added another urn to his collection".
    06-29-22_3-13-36AM.png

I mentioned before that Flipper isn't right in the head. For example, why is he swimming like a low fitness human? Maybe it's hard for him to navigate around all those urn obstacles in the water. :D
    06-29-22_3-15-12AM.png

Nah I think it's because of hybrid wonkiness, as you'll see below.

This is currently the whole household, including Mayor Whiskers. Flipper's other dad is BJ. This save actually started with BJ in Willow Creek just before Island Living was released. He lived in Willow Creek for a sim year before moving to Sulani. He adopted Mayor Whiskers during that year and they moved to Sulani. BJ was originally dating Farrah with the shark teeth but she was too high maintenance and he's non-committal, so that didn't work out. Then Bubbles moved next door and then it became a sort of beach bum household for a while. He became a spellcaster later on. There was a bunch of them living there for a while, then it ended up being just the two of them and then they had all those kids. They just can't get rid of Flipper. I say that jokingly, I love Flipper. His absent headedness and the silly things he does makes me laugh. I had moved him out before but he always seemed miserable on his own, so I moved him back home with his parents and he's been there since.

06-29-22_3-23-29AM.png

So yeah, notice the family portrait in the background and that Flipper still has his fins on? He does that sometimes. Although I now use a hybrid stablizer, there is still a bit of wonkiness. That's probably why he was swimming like a weirdo.
    06-29-22_3-25-07AM.png
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I've got a merman in my gang of supernatural thieves, Ripley Tidus. He prefers to call himself a "water demon," because it sounds more menacing. He's an overconfident, pretty-boy conman; kind of vain, with a mean streak...But he's loyal to the gang and is good at what he does, and that's all that matters.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,572 Member
    My mermaid is bullying werewolves for the second straight week

RR3sGHR.png
    There's nothing like a good supernatural smackdown!
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,848 Member
    I was busy playing pokemon arceus I'm either bad at that game or it's too long for me lol the point I was mostly letting Nalani do what she wanted while I was waiting for phone calls after pushing her would be boyfriend to expand his family.
    bL5DM0G.png
    Nalani when not directed will happily swim in circles as long as she wants, even getting stuck she'll reset and immediately go back to swimming, during this she became soulmates with Remi here...not sure if that's a glitch or a mermaid thing but yeah.
    usAQoTM.png
    I mean he's adorable I just don't remember much about mermaids anyhow at this point she conned the guy into adopting a dog...that doesn't like her.
    WgRKlUN.png
    Ww9laX9.png
    She got some magic chickens and conned the guy into adopting a baby next.
    CVvpBDt.png
    Lastly she called the elmental spirits and while two of them were picking on each other she had to flirt with the other, she was disappointed she didn't get their approval...I mean what do you expect.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member
    edited July 2022
    The main family I've been playing with lately is a mix of Merfolks and Spellcasters... with werewolves now joining the clan.

The main character is a young adult mermaid who works as a paranormal investigator and who goes on all sorts of adventures (with or without her family) in her free time, including exploring the ruins of Selvadorada, going on mountain-climbing expeditions in Mt Komorebi, etc. Her father is merfolk like her while her mother and teenage brother are spellcasters. Then there are two grandparents: the grumpy paternal grandmother (mermaid) who lives in Henford-on-Bagley and the snobbish maternal grandfather (spellcaster) who lives in Britechester.

Now new arrivals in town have caused some commotion: an elderly werewolf father and young-adult daughter, which my mermaid has immediately befriended. Her own grandmother however has gone one step further into welcoming the newcomers by marrying the werewolf gentleman.

This liaison with the werewolves has caused my mermaid to find out about and get interested in Greg. Who's he? Can he be redeemed? Or at least whoo-hooed with? To find out she's willing to forget she already has a boyfriend, the Creature Keeper Micheal Bell.

This family keeps getting interesting...
    Post edited by TARDISgrade on
    Feel free to download content from My Gallery
  • TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member
    Got some screenshots of the family in question.

The main character:
    52189815082_bf1ec19a2e.jpgMermaid by le TARDISgrade, on Flickr

Grandma getting busy with the werewolf gentleman :D
    52191075514_c7fc5fc99b_o.pngKiss by le TARDISgrade, on Flickr

The resulting family tree (not shown, the maternal grandfather)
    52190839143_d0aaf104b6_o.pngFamily tree by le TARDISgrade, on Flickr

Feel free to download content from My Gallery
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Well, today I saw my mermaid Lily Feng skiing badly.
    kz5KjnD.png

And later Nalani called my sim and asked if she should pursue a romance with the hermit in Granite Falls. If that world had swimmable water I would have considered it, but as it is I said no.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,848 Member
    Qy6jewU.png
    I created Ellios here cause I'm fairly sure Nalani would rather swim than do anything else, including eating so he's a nice pretty distraction.
    mjL46Dz.png
    Right as I got the feeling that I could have a story here however cause they are glued to eachother she gets that call from her almost-boyfriend asking if he should go out with Geeta....over Nalani. So she had to let him go I don't know how I feel about that lol.
    HfES0QH.png
    I think I know who she prefers, and now that we can paint on werewolves I would love it if we could just paint on all the other occults too at least.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    I just created my first mermaid today....she was swimming up a storm, sunbathing, and talking to dolphins

IBcJ1Au.png
    edited July 2022
    Lily Feng is currently working on the fish collection and trying out the swimmable water in every world that has it.

She got into the Sylvan Glade today.
    g1XlvzU.png

And Britechester:
    ekPH7cC.png
    F5vwLO1.png
    7DSdbd9.png

And Henford-on-Bagley:
    F0u3Nwy.png
    fLaBKhL.png
    WoL5JA7.png
    wmU4jQa.png
    iDWngdq.png

And went back to Tartosa with her son Ray:
    7ZhboID.png
    H0af5R4.png
    He won't get his tail for a while yet but he will be a merman.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    Lily as a mermaid is perfect @Daephene :) I like her tail design.
    Do mermaids have any issues with fishing?
  • LarrikatevenLarrikateven Posts: 99 Member
    I think as long as the mermaid doesn't have the "Child of the Ocean" trait, they should be fine.
  • PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    My merfolk are hiding. It's raining so apparently they don't want to get wet.
    @mightysprite As long as they don't have the Child of the Ocean trait, like @Larrikateven said. Lily doesn't do much besides swim and fish unless she has to.
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    I’m finally almost done going through CAS and updating my merfolk again.

In CAS, each outfit category can have 5 different outfits.

For merfolk, there’s a link between the swimwear category and their merman/mermaid form. Just like their human form can have 5 different outfits in the swimwear category. Their merform can have 5 different outfits. And when they change form, they change into the linked outfit.

When I created outfits in their merman/mermaid form and not their human form, the game generated horrible looking and completely random outfits to link to their outfits in their merman/mermaid form.

I never wanted to use all the outfits I created in their merman/mermaid form for swimwear. I was trying to create merfolk versions of outfits in other categories… I was going to play on their ability to shapeshift between a human and merform in my stories…

So many ideas went belly up when the game started to create those outfits… Wish I thought to get screenshots. Lol. But, if you can imagine random townie outfits, that’s pretty much what they looked like.
    edited July 2022
    Lily as a mermaid is perfect @Daephene :) I like her tail design.
    Do mermaids have any issues with fishing?
    I think as long as the mermaid doesn't have the "Child of the Ocean" trait, they should be fine.
    Daephene wrote: »
    @mightysprite As long as they don't have the Child of the Ocean trait, like @Larrikateven said. Lily doesn't do much besides swim and fish unless she has to.

Ditto the above mentioned. @mightysprite One of the merfolk abilities is the Aquatic Lure, and that can be very helpful when it comes to the fishing skill.

Even Dylan and Zeph are largely unaffected by the sad moodlet when they catch fish. They have the Child of the Ocean trait. Something I noticed with my twins is that they are actually frequent fishermen. They don’t catch a lot of fish… they just like to fish. Odd right. You’d think that the Child of the Ocean trait would deter them from fishing, but when I play other households, I more often than not see them go fishing. They do have the angling ace trait too, and I really didn’t have a lot of issues with a sad moodlet working on the aspiration.

————

Edit: The only thing that affects my twins significantly enough for me to avoid it, is visiting the hermit at Granite Falls…. They really don’t like going into her house because they are Children of the Ocean.
    @Daephene I wonder what Ray’s reaction to getting a tail will be.

I’ve always wondered about that. Merfolk children spend a large chunk of time like ordinary humans until they suddenly get a tail.

But that’s how it is with most occults. They are essentially human until their occult nature manifests.

—————

On a side but related note, I usually skip the childhood for merfolk because of this. The combination of how I build homes for merfolk and the aquatic lifestyle my merfolk live makes a human childhood incompatible with my style of gameplay. Most of my merfolk get aged straight to their teen years. I cheat the traits I want from their childhood aspirations. I’ve already done the aspirations fairly, so it doesn’t feel like cheating.