Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did they expand the Sim's lifespans?

I took the Mods out of my game because I got tired of trying to make sure they were updated. I had started a werewolf Sim the other day, and today I put the Sims lifespan on Long. I noticed the lifespan for young adult without mods is 93 days before she ages up. Was it always that long or is it just because she's a werewolf? That's actually longer than what I had the mod set on for young adult (76 days).

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    I took the Mods out of my game because I got tired of trying to make sure they were updated. I had started a werewolf Sim the other day, and today I put the Sims lifespan on Long. I noticed the lifespan for young adult without mods is 93 days before she ages up. Was it always that long or is it just because she's a werewolf? That's actually longer than what I had the mod set on for young adult (76 days).

According to the Sims wiki, Long lifespan should be 94 days for YA and Adult. There's some variation because I think there's a setting to randomize how many days into a given life stage a sim starts the game at (0-2, I think)
  • imelfamilyimelfamily Posts: 18 Member
    yea I noticed the longer lifespans than I remembered....
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    edited June 2022
    The body builder aspiration and having a physically fit sim helps increase the life span.

I accidentally turned auto aging on without making certain households “played”. The merfolk in those households outlived most of the original premades. I was able to save them because they were elders.

There’s something about them that helps them live longer and it scares me when they get their life bar maxed and don’t die. I think their tendency to be physically fit gives them bonus days.
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,955 Member
    I’ve got a save on the Long lifespan and I’ve noticed the YA/A lifespan to be 96 days. It’s 4 times longer than “normal”. Eg childhood is 13 days on normal and 52 days on long.