Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sometimes lose the ability to type in game? Has to be mod related right?

Hey everyone! So, I've had an issue where I'm not able to type in game. I'm able to bring up the cheat console, and to play normally, so I mean, it senses my keyboard and works fine. But the moment I'm supposed to input any text anywhere (in the cheat console, in the Gallery), the bar is sort of greyed out and I'm not able to get a single letter in there.

Does anyone know what's up? The most confusing thing is that this isn't always an issue. Yesterday I got rid of it by restarting the game. Today I've restarted it twice and the issue is still there. This HAS to be due to the new update and a mod, right?
pvza8x8vky60.png

Comments

• Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
    Have you tried removing all of your mods, emptying your cache folder, and deleting the localthumbcache.package? If you still have the issue with a vanilla game then you can start troubleshooting your Mods. You can find a list of broken/updated Mods here as well as troubleshooting tips.

Reminder: Don't save your game while your CC is removed.
  • IsabellaHamiltonIsabellaHamilton Posts: 41 Member
    Bananas_45 wrote: »
    Have you tried removing all of your mods, emptying your cache folder, and deleting the localthumbcache.package? If you still have the issue with a vanilla game then you can start troubleshooting your Mods. You can find a list of broken/updated Mods here as well as troubleshooting tips.

Reminder: Don't save your game while your CC is removed.

Hi! Thanks for your response. Happily, the problem has seemingly fixed itself. I did find an out of date mod that I removed, so that might've been the issue. Otherwise it's likely the latest patch did it. :)
    pvza8x8vky60.png