Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rate TS4 Werewolves on these Criteria

simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,398 Member
For those who have bought and played with the pack.

Scale 1-10 relative to the rest of the DLC:
  • World Aesthetic Uniqueness
  • World Replayability
  • World Size
  • Build Buy Aesthetic Uniqueness
  • Build Buy Usefulness and Reusability
  • Build Buy Quantity of Content
  • CAS Aesthetic Uniqueness
  • CAS Usefulness and Reusability
  • CAS Quantity of Content
  • Gameplay System Uniqueness
  • Gameplay System Replayability
  • Gameplay System Depth
He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464

Comments

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited June 2022
    World Aesthetic Uniqueness 9
    I'm going high here. It really tells a story, plus nothing is as beat up and rundown as the BB and CAS of this pack. You'll see the idea without me having to tell you.

World Replayability 7
    This is a tricky one. Moonwood Mill is one of my main worlds now. I love it! There is so much to explore and little tidbits to chase. However, you have to like werewolves because you can get bit. You can cure it, but no werewolf shenanigans no Moonwood Mill. I'm going to assume you like werewolves, but won't want to play them every game.

World Size 8
    It's no Windenburg, it is five lots. However, it is much more than five lots in interactive space. There is so much to do here. I really enjoy it.

Build Buy Aesthetic Uniqueness 9
    See above basically, the BB ties to the world. If you want grunge in your game, you basically need werewolves. Just remember to lock them to Moonwood Mill if it is all you are here for.

Build Buy Usefulness and Reusability 7
    This is also tricky. There are pieces I'll use constantly, but grunge is more a themed style rather than my style. That said, I can see it coming in handy in a lot of places that I just don't play that often. So personally, I won't be using the aesthetic a lot, but it is a useful one regardless.

Build Buy Quantity of Content 5
    I am going kind of low here. It isn't that I am not satisfied. It is a unique aesthetic and everything is so well formed. Plus it is a GP, the focus was the gameplay. However, the BB has only a few items. I am contrasting it broadly against all packs, so maybe it has just as many as the last GP, but I saw the catalogue and thought it was short.

CAS Aesthetic Uniqueness 7
    Out of the gate, grunge is not quite as unique in CAS as it is BB. We have plenty of clean, patchy stuff from Eco. Plus we do have punk stuff as well. (I have all packs, including kits, so I have a lot to compare it to.) However, Werewolves has a completely ripped up shirt and falling apart shoes that scream rags to riches. Nothing else does it quite as well.

CAS Usefulness and Reusability 7
    I'm using it more than the BB because I put some pieces on my main Sims. Plus I like dyed hairstyles and we got more of those. Not to mention the werewolf part of CAS. I'm putting 7 again, but the more you use werewolves the more you use the CAS. It is grunge punk that fits depending on the character and situation.

CAS Quantity of Content 7
    I landed on 7, because for humans I wanted a few more accessories and for wolves I wanted a few more accessories, but they made items for both humans and wolves. Plus there are plenty of choices.

Gameplay System Uniqueness 9
    It isn't 100% unique. You very clearly see the inspirations from RoM and Vampires. However, it pulls off the concepts in RoM better and has so many nice little details and crosspack. There are threads all about it. Plus the lore is the best told story in the game. What they want to do in Cottage Living, but without beating you over the head.

Gameplay System Replayability 10
    If you bought this for werewolves, to infinity and beyond.

Gameplay System Depth 9
    I took points off because temperaments are RNG. They are supposed to be weighted with 4's personalities, but since 4's personalities are shallow it didn't have a chance. You'll have to cheat or mod it to select your own, but you will get unique wolves. Otherwise, there really is a lot to it. A lot of choice with the aspiration paths, packs to choose from, hunting the lore, raising a family, fighting or reconciling with the vampires. They have done a very good job here.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I'll bite.

My opinions are my own, and based solely on comparison to Sims 4. Older versions of the Sims have minimal influence on my opinion. Also you're not getting just a number, but an explanation. Because my "4" may not be the same as someone else's "4", and what makes something Unique or Replayable in my eyes may not do the same in someone else's. Not everyone plays the game the same way.

I got verbose, so I split it into sections and used Spoiler tags.

World
    World Aesthetic Uniqueness - 6
    It fitis in nicely with Granite Falls, Glimmerbrook, and to a certain extent Evergreen Harbor, but the only really new stuff are the Logging elements. I personally love the Aesthetics of the world, and even "borrowed" it for a quick setting for my regular TTRPG game last week. But loving the world doesn't make it particularly unique, and you asked about how unique it was aesthetically.

World Replayability - 7
    How much do I expect to come back here? Reasonably often. The world has more to offer than Forgotten Hollow, and I like the "vibe" of it better too. That and I'm a sucker for cool things to literally dig up, and I don't think I'll be able to explore the world fully in one "play through" (though I never "play through" any Sims Pack.)

World size Lots -5, non lot usable world - 8
    There are only five lots, Three of which come with nice, cool builds that I have little reason to remove or modify. I mean, I may make a tweak here, an adjustment there, but I don't plan on bulldozing them and rebuilding from scratch.
    However, the rest of the world is huge, large amounts are accessible, and while there may be less of interest to non-werewolves than werewolves, there's stuff to do all over the place too, including the swimmable lake.

BB/CAS
    Build Buy Aesthetic Uniqueness - 9
    Prior to this pack, there wasn't nearly enough broken down, reclaimed stuff in the pack. Yes, there was some in Eco Lifestyle, but that all had a certain... polished look to it. The elements were clearly reused and repurposed, but they'd also been cleaned up, painted, and worked to look like new things. This is more clearly reclaimed and repurposed, and without the "polish"

Build Buy Usefulness and Reusability - 7
    This is going to vary a lot depending on how people play. I think it's great for Rags to Riches, or similar "teen gang hangout" or "flophouse" type builds. The lack of polish on most elements makes it great for portraying an actually broke, barely scraping by house, or else somewhere that people have just grabbed old junk from the curb to use in their house. Yes, it does need to be combined with some elements from other packs to furnish a "complete" house, but I see myself using this stuff a fair bit.

Build Buy Quantity of Content - 8
    I may not be the best at assessing this. I think everything looks great, but I also don't crawl all over every mesh and texture map looking for places they could have made it better/more realistic. I haven't seen anything that looks specifically bad to my eyes, but I also don't pay much attention either.

CAS Aesthetic Uniqueness - 9
    Like with B/B, we didn't have much like this in the pack previously. I know, some people will point out the cozy cottage aestheitc of some of the clothes and say "we have that" but we don't have much with actual patches, or repaired stitching, and we certainly don't have much with the 90's punk/grunge feel. That portion of the catalog is completely new.

And that's not even touching on the Create a Werewolf stuff.

CAS Usefulness and Reusability - 6
    Okay, I love how it looks. I do. And for the early part of a Rags to Riches game, it will be fantastic.
    But I'm not likely to use it much once my sims get "established" Some elements I will, like the T-shirt dress, the kids and especially toddler's stuff, and a few of the cottage items will be used if they're right for my sims. But most of the stuff that makes this pack's CAS catalog really unique I'll barely touch outside of those first few weeks of Rags to Riches or unless I'm actively playing Werewolves.

CAS Quantity of Content - 7
    Again, this isn't something I usually fuss about if things aren't actively bad. And nothing in this pack is, imo, actively bad. Are there a few things that are flat that it would be nice to have some better detail on? Sure. But the textures themselves are all good quality.

Gameplay
    Gameplay is the least "objective" of the sections here. Because how I play the game is not neccisarily how others play the game. I'm an Occult Family Storyteller. I don't sit down and try to "Finish" or "Play through" a pack when it comes out like it's a mission pack for a FPS or CRPG. I weave it into my stories, so I may not experience everything "at once"

Gameplay System Uniqueness - 8
    The werewolf aspects have some similarities to Vampires, Spellcasters, and Fame. At least in terms of having perk charts/trees. Dormant abilities are a cool new aspect that you have to unlock through gameplay. And the actual Being a Werewolf itself includes some unique need management that can't simply be solved by hitting a button and letting the game do it's thing. Werewolves can do things that other occults can't, and that aren't cheat based.
    The other major "Gameplay" element, to me, is how the lore is woven into the world. This isn't just sit down and read a book. This isn't even merely catalog text on objects. There are people to interview, there are books to read and re-read, there's items that actually need to be translated, there's tunnels to explore (even if they are just a rabbit hole with pop-ups). None of the other packs have the lore so spread out through the world that I felt I needed a notebook to keep track of it all. I love it.

Gameplay System Replayability - 9
    Am I going to play a werewolf again? Yes. Am I going to explore Moonwood Mill over and over again? You bet. Because I can't explore it all in one go. Not the way I play, at any rate. I probably won't switch to Werewolves over Spellcasters, but I do foresee a lot of Werewolf/Spellcaster duos (Friends, partners, siblings) in my simming future.

Gameplay System Depth - ??
    I didn't rate this one because I think it's really subjective, imo. Based on how people play, what their expectations are, and differing personal definitions of "Depth" That and the pack is limited by limitations of the base game.
    Is there a lot to do and explore with this pack? Yes. Are werewolves unique and different? mostly. Do I have to use my imagination to "make up" for things... no more than any other time I play the Sims.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,021 Member
    I wanted to give some explanation for my marks, so tl;dr ahead.
    World Aesthetic Uniqueness: 7/10
    It's another forested world, but the run-down areas, sewer system and run-down stuff set it apart from everything else.

World Replayability 6/10
    The tunnels are fun, but they're not a big draw. Teleporting is helpful, but it's not fun gameplay. There aren't a lot of harvevestables, which will either help or hinder Rags to Riches gameplay depending on how difficult you want it. Other than that, it's basically like most other worlds.

World Size 3/10
    There are only 5 lots, and only a couple of them are suitable for housing imo. You're encouraged to keep the bar and library lots what they are with minimal changes, so that gives you less room.

Build Buy Aesthetic Uniqueness: 8/10
    A lot of great run-down items. It's such a breath of fresh air from all the clean, modern or cozy stuff we usually get. Not only that, but we have some fantastically weathered stuff. It's great. We even got some artsy stuff for regular builds.

Build Buy Usefulness and Reusability: 7/10
    I play a lot of Rags to Riches and stories where families are on the poorer side, so I'll be using these items a lot. But they'll also be great for storytelling, or stuff like the Apocalypse challenge. It's not for everyone, and most of the stuff won't fit in with the average build, but you can still get a ton of use out of it.

Build Buy Quantity of Content: 6.5/10
    The items we have are great, but I kind of wish we got more. Especially environmental items; there aren't a lot of scratches and cracks, so building a scuffed-up location can get repetitive without Vampires installed. But it makes sense, given their budget.

CAS Aesthetic Uniqueness: 7.5/10
    On the one hand, we got some great ripped-up clothes, cool hairs, much-appreciated scars, and wolf-themed goodies. On the other, we have a lot of bulky jackets and more cozy knitwear. But special shoutout to those broken shoes that expose your feet. They're so trashy, in a good way.

You can't play with a werewolf's face as much as you can with a vampire's, but you can paint them and make really unique stuff. Buuut the eyes aren't as unique as the vampires', and most of them look off. It's a mixed bag. I prefer making vampires, but artistic types would probably enjoy the werewolf canvas a lot more.

CAS Usefulness and Reusability: 6/10
    The ripped-up stuff is great, but not suitable for most gameplay. (It'd be good for castaway stories, though.) I also saw this great great GREAT half-tucked plaid button-up that would be great for my blue-collar worker sims, but they ruined it by putting a fancy turtleneck under it. Like I know other people won't have a problem with it, that just ruined it for me.

But yeah. It's niche content. But we needed this niche, so I'm not complaining.

CAS Quantity of Content: 6/10
    I wish we got more bandages and torn clothes. The bandages are especially annoying because you can't use them all together. Like my left hand can't be injured if my right hand is?

Gameplay System Uniqueness: 6/10
    It uses a lot of the vampire/werewolf structure, which is perfectly fine imo. The pack gameplay is unique (I think; I haven't gotten to it myself), and they play differently from other occults. They're not as exciting though.

Babies and toddlers howl. It's a minor thing, but I love these little details.

I appreciate the lore that went into this pack. It's great. And I like that they included cross-pack interactions with other occults. Though the vampire-werewolf animosity gets annoying when you have a game with a lot of occults.

Gameplay System Depth: 6/10 (Tentative)
    Werewolves are delightfully self-sustaining. But a lot of their perks aren't that interesting. Like, going to the washroom outdoors and taking a nap on the ground are perk unlocks, and it feels like that was done just to fill out the perk panel. But I love the idea of perks that unlock based on your actions.

Rampages are kind of ehh, like I was expecting my sim to go completely wild. But it basically locks you out of most interactions and leaves you to act like a big puppy. It's anticlimactic.

The score can go up or down, depending on how good the pack gameplay is. That seems to be a major feature.

Gameplay System Replayability: ?/10
    I haven't fully explored everything yet, so I can't say. But I could see myself coming back to this occasionally. Vampires are the most fun occults to play with, but because of their weaknesses and limitations, I can't incorporate them into most of my gameplay. Werewolves have limitations that are easier to weave into my regular gameplay, and it can be pretty fun having to deal with their interruptions and quirks.

7/10 overall. Good pack, worth buying full price.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    World Aesthetic Uniqueness-8
    It's very similar to Granite Falls and HOB but I love forrested worlds.

World Replayability-8
    It's a world I'll definitely continue to visit.

World Size-10
    I'd much prefer budget to be spent on game play, BB, and CAS. Plus I have plenty of unused lots.

Build Buy Aesthetic Uniqueness-9
    Plenty of grunge, which has been long requested.

Build Buy Usefulness and Reusability-7
    Not my aesthetic and with only one main household I'll probably not use much of it there. Maybe on NPC households or community lots.

Build Buy Quantity of Content-9
    Enough to satisfy my build requirements.

CAS Aesthetic Uniqueness-8

CAS Usefulness and Reusability-7
    Similar to BB with one main household I'll never get around to using all the CAS assets.

CAS Quantity of Content-8
    More than enough to suit my needs.

Gameplay System Uniqueness-9
    For the first time in the history of The Sims I'm actually interested in and eager to discover all the game lore.

Gameplay System Replayability-10
    The pack will be will be integrated into my existing game play. I don't see it as a one and done story line.

Gameplay System Depth-9
    This may change as I'm also playing a vampire for the first time and it seems Vampires is the one to compare it to, in terms of depth of features and gameplay.

Average score-8.5
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited June 2022
    For context, a 5 means “passed”, values below 5 are fail grades.

World Aesthetic Uniqueness (9/10)
    For Sims 4 or in general terms? I mean, “abandoned mine/lumberjack camp in the forest” is a very common set in fiction, so that would make it a rating of two, but for Sims 4 it is pretty novel. The closest we got so far were Port Promise and the quarry neighborhood, and even those were more refurbished/in the process of gentrification than a place left in disarray.
    The world checks all the boxes, it is believable for what it wants to be. I like that there is no town as such (even though the flavor text acts as if there was one), just those scattered buildings.

World Replayability (3/10)
    Less than it could be, because there is no way to turn off werewolves in Moonwood Mill, only in the other worlds. That limits the kind of story we can tell there, at the very least you need to take care not to get a were in your screenshots when playing something mundane.
    From a non-story viewpoint I guess you visit once during a full moon, get the new fish, the new flower, get bitten and be done forever. There is no game-mechanic reason for choosing MWM over, say, Oasis Springs with the community garden and fossil dig spots. Even swim spots aren’t that rare anymore either.

Personally I’m in love with this world and will make it may new to-go fishing trip destination. There’s plenty of story potential in how this new tourism threatens to change the “town” and its inhabitants. Subjectively this is an 8/10 (due to the weres and their hangouts being a permanent fixture).

World Size (4/10)
    World size is okay, although I’d prefered two neighborhoods (one for each side of the river) to make it appear larger. With a loading screen in between I could imagine that the howling mountain is way deeper in the forest than a casual stroll from the bus bar. Also the number of lots is still sad.
    Taking into account needs management, I think the size of the world allows for exploring while still having food and toilet within comfortable reach (unlike the jungle, where you need to provision and bring a tent). For a human the open space is just right, for a were or vamp too small.

Build Buy Aesthetic Uniqueness (8/10)
    It fits right in with Eco, Little Campers and some parts of GTW, but grunge/industrial is still rare in Sims 4.

Build Buy Usefulness and Reusability (N.A.)
    Usefulness depends on your setting, for standard family/career play it is low.
    “Re”useability is a weird term for furniture in a life simulation game, where one adds content with the idea of expanding one’s choices. It’s not a dungeon you raid once and then calculate whether repeated boss farming gives you good loot.
    I sent my sims to the new place without changing anything, then my werewolf sims lived their lives back home with contemporary BB and I plan to put the young premade weres into a standard uni dorm next. So I haven’t even used the new BB once, let alone re-used it.

That said, starting with Kids’ room stuff Sims 4 furniture has graduated from Lego Duplo to standard Lego, so for that alone the newer stuff’s usefulness is higher than the older’s.

Build Buy Quantity of Content (5)
    Haven’t checked yet, but from the lifestream it didn’t look like too much. There’s a trove of BB treasure in debug, but the casual player these ratings aim at won’t ever delve that deep.

CAS Aesthetic Uniqueness (10/10)
    Almost bursting the 1-10 scale, at least for Sims 4 standards.

CAS Usefulness and Reusability (N.A.)
    For my urban setting 10/10, but others’ mileage may vary.

Ever since University, CAS made big leap forward, and I consider Eco and Cottage the peak of CAS quality. I said before about BB that usefulness depends on your setting, but from the CAS quality alone the newer CAS is by default more useful than the basegame and early stuff.

CAS Quantity of Content (6/10)
    Less than it feels, because with grunge being rare, every piece provided adds so much utility. But, yeah, numerically there could have been more.

Gameplay System Uniqueness (8/10)
    The first tiers of werewolf powers already obliterate the need for toilets, kitchen and bath, without actually negating the needs themselves (unlike certain satisfaction traits, spellcaster potions and being a vampire). That’s new ground. It frees sims up, while keeping the basic The Sims experience intact.
    Other than that, the system itself is a variant of Vampires, like casters and celebs were already, so not groundbreakingly new.
    Fury is a new “need” to manage and motive failure in this case has interesting consequences.

Gameplay System Replayability (4/10)
    As in: “Will I experience something new with the second werewolf I play compared to my first?”? I think you can earn less points than there are powers, so there probably is some replayability in how you build your were.
    Two different packs to join aren’t much, and two of the four new aspirations are tied to pack advancement, with the fourth being tied to finding the cure, something you’d do anyway, regardless of an aspiration existing or not, leaving only one unique aspiration (Lone wolf). So I think the “But I don’t want to make my own story, show me what I should do!” crowd won’t be too happy with this pack.

Edit: My personal replay value is higher than I rated this category in an attempt at being objective, but I cannot judge the exact value yet.

Gameplay System Depth (7/10)
    It’s entertaining as heck, but not very deep. Other than Fury, there are no downsides to being a werewolf, there are no banes or quirks, what takes a level of management away. Temperaments manage themselves and are assigned randomly with the only non-modded means to swap them out being Lunar Howl that is basically a lottery.
    Points in this category come from the hunt for the lore, gameplay and lore tying in nicely with each other and the whole system integrating in the general Sims 4 flow without sticking out as tacked on. There’s a cure to research, different ways of becoming a werewolf, packs politics… I think a player with the “buy dlc, beat it, move on” mindset will get their ten or 20 hours out of it.
    Post edited by EnkiSchmidt on
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    World Aesthetic Uniqueness - 6/10
    We already have a few temperate worlds with wooded areas, so it's not too special. We also have one other world with at least one neighborhood with an industrial aesthetic, so it's not super unique. The most unique things are the moondial in the town square and the library build out of the old industrial building. Otherwise, it's not super unique to me.

World Replayability - 3/10
    Because there's so much story build into the world itself, with such deeply-rooted aesthetic to it, it's just not as versatile as more generic worlds like Oasis Springs, Brindleton Bay, Windenberg, or San Myshuno. I can tell any sort of story in the more generic worlds, but for more heavily themed worlds like Strangerville and Moonwood Mill, I feel more locked into that world's in-built story and theme, so I have to be in a certain kind of mood to play there.

World Size - 3/10
    Only 5 buildable lots, 3 of which are occupied by plot-important buildings, 2 of which are relatively small lots for building on. There's lots of off-lot roaming space and you can get anywhere in-world without a loading screen because it's a small world, but navigation can be tough because there are so many spots hidden by the trees or spots that look way too similar. A large area that's hard to navigate in a video game, especially one like TS4, where you have to move your character by clicking instead of with a controller or WASD/arrow key movement.

Build Buy Aesthetic Uniqueness - 8/10
    It's nice that we have more run-down, beat-up things for both urban and rural, "I'm broke as Heck" builds. We also have some hippy/bohemian and magical stuff, which is lovely.

Build Buy Usefulness and Reusability - 10/10
    I can use this pack's assets in any build, any place. There are so many "broke single guy/girl" homes I can use that battered couch in. I can use the brick walls, I love the nightlight. It's so, so good.

Build Buy Quantity of Content - 9/10
    One point off because I wish there was an expansion pack worth of these things.

CAS Aesthetic Uniqueness - 9/10
    We don't get as many grunge/punk/rocker themed items in this game. Plus, that patchwork coat is really cool. However, we already got a cottagecore type pack and plenty of hippy/boho clothes over the years, so the items that lean more that way aren't nearly as unique in my eyes.

CAS Usefulness and Reusability 7/10
    I have a lot of characters whose style leans heavily to one of the aesthetic themes or the other.

Unfortunately, there is also a major problem when it comes to customizing female werewolves in their werebeast form...as in, you have to push the hip and waist sliders to their limits, heavily manipulate the chest height and posture sliders, and make heavy use of the coat paint mode to give them a truly feminine appearance. Furthermore, tops always flatten their chests completely, ruining their side profile if you want to dress them, and certain tops (including the female track jacket with lime green default swatch from the base game) actually develop an unsightly dent at the sides of the chest, visible in 3/4 view, further detracting from the fun of designing their looks. Basically, if you want a decent-looking fem-presenting female werewolf, you have to leave her nude or topless in her werebeast form, because none of the clothing that covers the upper body preserves a feminine bust line, and several pieces even have severe graphical glitches when viewed from alternate angles. It's as if they didn't really test werewolf CAS with female sims or even consider that people would want to use anything but the pack's more gender neutral tops on a female werewolf sim in that form.

CAS Quantity of Content - 8/10
    I just wish there was more of it...especially the grunge/punk/rocker stuff. I would have liked to see more than one style of mullet, more collars, spiked bracelets, etc. Splitting the theme between the two aesthetics meant some really unfortunate sacrifices in that area.

Gameplay System Uniqueness - 10/10
    The fury system is an interesting concept, as are temperaments. They add the sort of gameplay-affecting traits that players have been begging for for years, and the ability to re-roll them is a nice touch.

Gameplay System Replayability - 10/10
    Like most occults, I can play with werewolves over and over again.

Gameplay System Depth - 10/10
    Multiple ways to become a werewolf, a skill tree that allows for customizing their abilities as you like (with immortality as an option, not a mandate), the secret tunnels in the new world with the text adventure exploration...yeah, it's probably the deepest pack gameplay-wise in a good while. If you are a junkie for involved gameplay and consequences, you'll enjoy it.

Overall Score - 8/10
    The pack loses two points for the female werewolf customization issue and the navigation issue in the pack's included world, but so long as you only play with male characters and bite into that tasty gameplay, there's a lot to enjoy here.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited June 2022
    If we're comparing it to other Game Packs then it's an easy 10 in all categories for me.
    I wish the world had more lots, but Glimmerbrook and Forgotten Hollow have about the same I think. The size and special features like tunnels and pack hangouts and Greg's area, all in the neighborhood terrain, more than compensate for the small number of lots for me. Out of the packs I have, it's the most interesting world to wander around in and do stuff, except for San Myshuno and that's an Expansion Pack not a Game Pack.

• telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    edited June 2022

World Aesthetic Uniqueness
    10/10 I love it! It's a perfect place to be a werewolf.
    World Replayability
    4/10 I will probably play with my character here frequently. But there is not enough room to add new families.
    World Size
    7/10 While I wish there were a couple more lots, it just feels the right size when I play with my wolf.
    Build Buy Aesthetic Uniqueness
    10/10 We needed items like the ones in the pack.
    Build Buy Usefulness and Reusability
    7/10 I won't be using it everywhere, but will find it useful in other contexts.
    Build Buy Quantity of Content
    5/10 Because I always want more!
    CAS Aesthetic Uniqueness
    9/10 It's clothes, but they are unique.
    CAS Usefulness and Reusability
    7/10 It's got some good masculine items.
    CAS Quantity of Content
    10/10 Nothing to complain about.
    Gameplay System Uniqueness
    8/10 It's similar to the other occults, but it has its own take on the system.
    Gameplay System Replayability
    8/10 I do feel like you can take werewolves in more than one direction. So you could have two or three wolfs with different specialties.
    Gameplay System Depth
    8/10 I think when you take temperaments, abilities, fated mates, all into consideration plus add in all the lore to discover, this is the best occult pack yet.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member

World Aesthetic Uniqueness
    9/10 The world looks detailed. It's a bit too run down to be completely my style but it fits the vibe of the pack and is different from other worlds
    World Replayability
    6/10 I don't care that much about lore so I don't need a world tied to lore. Especially lots like the bar with a special NPC tied to it, makes me nervous of replacing or deleting the lot.
    World Size
    8/10 To be really useful the world would need a few more lots. 5 lots is not enough, especially when 2 are occupied and connected to the NPC's.
    Build Buy Aesthetic Uniqueness
    8/10 It is well done, though not really my style. Combined with eco lifestyle, batuu and strangerville, I feel I now have enough run down furniture. But there are a few items I really like like the toddler bed, the mirror with the moonshelf, the new telescope, the one tile desk,...
    Build Buy Usefulness and Reusability
    7/10 Definetaly usefull when trying to create run down places.
    Build Buy Quantity of Content
    9/10 About the amount of contect I would expect from a gamepack.
    CAS Aesthetic Uniqueness
    9 /10 Like the rest, the clothes fit the theme. There are some nice pieces in there. The werewolf options are also nice though I originally expected to be able to use all necklaces on werewolves. There is one big issue with the werewolf bodies and that is the fact that they are all masculine frames . If not for that fact i would give 10/10.
    CAS Usefulness and Reusability
    8 /10 I'll use some items a lot, but some will barely be touched
    CAS Quantity of Content
    9 /10 Feels the right amount for a game pack.
    Gameplay System Uniqueness
    8/10 The perk system looks familiar after playing spellcasters and werwolves but in a good way. The perks unlocked through gameplay and the temperaments make it different enough.
    Gameplay System Replayability
    9 /10 I feel I can play several werewolf stories with this, some about joining a pack others about playing a werewolf family to discover what children and toddlers can do. I really like that they got a bit of attention.
    Gameplay System Depth
    9 /10 A well developed occult, with enough depth and customisation. This will be one of my favorite occults.

For me this gamepack definately nailed it in terms of gameplay and depth. The esthetics are cohesive across the world, build/buy and CAS which is nice.