Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Are You Liking Werewolves?

Comments

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited June 2022
    I love them and I don't want anything nerfed they have mostly left the other occults alone they are just as wild as I hoped. I tested cheating greg into the house and he's a very hungry boy but has stopped getting hostile with my sim so now I need like a few hundred or so across a few saves.

In my Tarosan Sun save I have them limited to Moonwood Mill. I had two sims out getting coffee together and they came across Khristopher Volkov and they reacted to him just like he was any other sims. No negative moodlets. I hope non-occultists will take note of this. The only thing that worries me is a non-occultist doing a rotation having a sim they're not controlling wander into Moonwood Mill autonomously and getting bitten or attacked. In that save I'm watching what happens to my NPCs and my rotational households to see if they go there and something bad happens. I hope not because I'm with you, I'm tired of the nerfing of our occults.

I just figured you would have to be playing a sim to actually get bitten, or playing a werewolf and controlling them biting another sim. Yeah, I play rotationally and don’t want just any sim turning into a werewolf if they are not in the current rotation. I was planning on containing werewolves to Moonwood Mill, unless I am playing them. I do plan on exploring the tunnels with regular sims to get some of the hidden items, but if they get bit I can always get rid of the werebies.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,833 Member
    Very Satisfied
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I love them and I don't want anything nerfed they have mostly left the other occults alone they are just as wild as I hoped. I tested cheating greg into the house and he's a very hungry boy but has stopped getting hostile with my sim so now I need like a few hundred or so across a few saves.

In my Tarosan Sun save I have them limited to Moonwood Mill. I had two sims out getting coffee together and they came across Khristopher Volkov and they reacted to him just like he was any other sims. No negative moodlets. I hope non-occultists will take note of this. The only thing that worries me is a non-occultist doing a rotation having a sim they're not controlling wander into Moonwood Mill autonomously and getting bitten or attacked. In that save I'm watching what happens to my NPCs and my rotational households to see if they go there and something bad happens. I hope not because I'm with you, I'm tired of the nerfing of our occults.

I just figured you would have to be playing a sim to actually get bitten, or playing a werewolf and controlling them biting another sim. Yeah, I play rotationally and don’t want just any sim turning into a werewolf if they are not in the current rotation. I was planning on containing werewolves to Moonwood Mill, unless I am playing them.

I don't know for a fact that would happen, but with the box to limit werewolves to Moonwood Mill that is the only way it's going to happen unless you go to Moonwood and ask for it. When my sims encountered Khristopher Volkov in Windenberg they didn't react in anyway like they knew he was a werewolf. To them he was just another sim. So with that box checked the werewolves won't be coming into other worlds and changing or attacking anyone, which just leaves the mystery of what happens to sims who aren't active if they go there without us.

• Options
    Very Satisfied
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    this pack is okay, but if they were going to make a sim desire red meat, you'd think they'd have a way for the sim to get it? i dislike watching my sim being frustrated. perhaps they'll add red meat at some pt and time.

I don’t have the pack yet, still reading others comments about it. Do you have cottage living? If so you can buy red packaged meat, or does that not work? Also, how do you get the uncooked steaks shown in the pictures? I saw a comment where people didn’t like that non werewolves were eating raw meat from the fridge, so you must be able to get it someway.

I tried the packaged red meat in wolf form and it only gave her place in world or put in inventory. Those uncooked steaks are what werewolves come back from a hunt with. They can eat it raw in human form too.

• Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Very Satisfied
    I havent had fun with a new pack in a long time and Ive been doing a bit of everything. Exploring Moonwood, building new lots, terrorizing the populace, building up the lore in my storylines. Im very happy with the pack and find it to be well worth the $20.
  • Options
    Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,168 Member
    this pack is okay, but if they were going to make a sim desire red meat, you'd think they'd have a way for the sim to get it? i dislike watching my sim being frustrated. perhaps they'll add red meat at some pt and time.

If you have Cottage Living EP, your Werewolf Sims can buy red meat there. They can also buy white meat and there are always 8 fish to be purchased each day (2 of 4 different fish types).
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Very Satisfied
    @DaniRose2143 not me I'm letting them free all though if anyone tries it in my game it's extremely tame I've only see Lou and he was afraid of Wolfgang, from Windenburg during a rampage haven't seen anyone else as of yet, so even more satisfied. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    Very Satisfied
    @DaniRose2143 not me I'm letting them free all though if anyone tries it in my game it's extremely tame I've only see Lou and he was afraid of Wolfgang, from Windenburg during a rampage haven't seen anyone else as of yet, so even more satisfied. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

I'm only keeping them penned up in one save. Every other one I want werewolves everywhere. The one where I have them limited is the one in my signature. That is my one and only occult free save. I'm trying to keep it that way,but if one of the main characters wanders in and gets bitten, turned, falls in love, or some combination, then ok, occults will be in there. But only if it's autonomous by one of my sims.

• Options
    Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    Very Satisfied
    I never thought I would say this, but I think they made werewolves better than vampires. The lore is amazing as is discovering it. The world is small, but it feels big and there is plenty to do. My sims rarely feel the need to venture to other worlds right now. I also love how the wizards, vampires and werewolves were integrated into one world and the aspect of war between them. I wasn’t sold on how the occult form looked in the trailer and to be honest I laughed when they were howling, but in the game they look so much better and customization is endless. Best occult pack yet imo.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Very Satisfied
    CelSims wrote: »
    99% satisfied. The gameplay is good, I can use CC to deal with the tails and feet thing...but I'm really annoyed that female werewolves are locked into flat-chestedness when the devs have put such a huge effort into gender expression and gender identity options so far. As a woman, I am very upset about that design decision.

Other than that one gripe, though, it's probably the best pack (game pack, stuff pack, expansion pack, or kit) they've released so far. If they could just patch that chest issue, it would be pretty much perfect.

As a woman, I'm happy that for once the default isn't some sexualised weird version of a human form with fur. I don't understand why people are saying they have a male form - they have a wolf form.
    I mean it's not going to upset me if they add in some ability to add in a few sliders but I find it a bit uncomfortable.

I completely agree. I was dreading that they would be another over-sexualized female that's made to look sexy while the males get to look cool and scary. That's been a long gripe of mine with most Werewolf films, even most monsters in general; they always have rugged or ultra cool dudes but then, extra sexy, seductive, curvy females (if they have them at all). It's like, the way pop culture tells it, women are a one-trick pony and must have breasts at all times to be of any interest, lol. Thank goodness times are changing. I love the Werewolf forms and my first three Werewolves, my Furies, have more creepy appearances.

I can't wait until we get body hair so I can stick that on my Werewolf women too, lol. It's only logical that Werewolves would be hairier than normal folk. 😁
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    Have only scratched the surface but so far I really like it and am satisfied. It brings this welcome touch of chaotic energy which I REALLY hope they aren't going to nerf away. I'm not totally sold on how the werewolves look (there's this touch of uncanny valley) but I can overlook it, plus the customization is good. It is a huge improvement from previous iterations anyhow because previously they just tended to look more like hairy humans. I also really like the new world and the aesthetics of CAS and BB.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I am cool with the pack even though the Neighborhood is small, I am cool with how the wolves look and the deviation from actual lore of Werewolves be of how Sims 4 is developed. Lore is not something that is written into stone for lore can be whatever the creator wants it to be as there is no right or wrong. However one thing I must say and even if I am into Wolves having a innate hatred towards Vampires or any other Occult or vice versa it should be a option so we can make variations in how one tell their stories if the Wolves cannot change their attitude. I am usually critical about the packs that EA/Maxis make but I have them cut some slack on this even though there still no features allowing me to expand on my neighborhoods. I do not recollect anything being said about wolves being created outside of the pack. However, I had not really played the game after installing the pack.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    Very Satisfied
    Compared to 3 the werewolves in 4 are a great addition. (And I’m thinking with some tweaking or mods people will be making their werecats and werebears of their dreams to play.)

And Build/Buy and Debug have a wonderful selection of items that work well in any build.

CAS is fine.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Very Satisfied

I’m just going to agree with all the women in this thread… 😇

Oh, and I’m over the 🌕 with this Game Pack! I am VERY Satisfied indeed!

Gonna keep this one short short (Oh PFHEW !! Thank’s dude!🥳) but I just want to say that this pack offers the level of “OOOMPH” that I much desire for my gameplay & stories and I’ve only just started exploring life as a werebeast. It’s absolutely savage, both the GP and life as a werebeast. Dior would be proud.

To many more raw steaks, yummy little baby chicks and werewonders! ❤️🐣🐺🥩

• Options
    Very Satisfied
    I’m just going to agree with all the women in this thread… 😇

Oh, and I’m over the 🌕 with this Game Pack! I am VERY Satisfied indeed!

Gonna keep this one short short (Oh PFHEW !! Thank’s dude!🥳) but I just want to say that this pack offers the level of “OOOMPH” that I much desire for my gameplay & stories and I’ve only just started exploring life as a werebeast. It’s absolutely savage, both the GP and life as a werebeast. Dior would be proud.

To many more raw steaks, yummy little baby chicks and werewonders! ❤️🐣🐺🥩

I've been playing it almost exclusively since Thursday after work and I'm not close to being tired of it. There's still a feeling that there is lots more to find and do. I'm serious when I say to me this is the best DLC they've put out for TS4. I didn't feel like anything would ever match Vampires or City Living but this one did, and maybe even passed them.
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    Very Satisfied
    I love the werewolf pack! It's just a shame though, because the other occults could have gotten the same treatment. Mermaids and Aliens for example. The Aliens always somehow end up with the least thoughts! With Aliens there is so much more than just abductions and visitors. I know we have Sixam etc. But c'mon, Aliens should have much more. There is more than enough material out for Aliens and surrounding stories and lore. I wish the other occult stages would get the same treatment! After seeing werewolves, I am sure they could be more impressive!
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    Very Satisfied
    My only struggle is managing fury. My sim keeps coming home early because of fury and forced transformation and it's a struggle raising a toddler when you are trying to keep fury at bay. He hates the indoors and it makes the day to day trials of life a real issue. I kinda wish it would effect his marriage more.. his wife is not werewolf and freaks out when he changes but other than that there are no arguments about him arriving home early from work or what happens when he goes on a rampage. I dunno, maybe he will be able to manage more later but right now it's 50/50 whether or not he can change back on his own and the somber howl has a long reset.
  • Options
    Very Satisfied
    Werewolves has set a new bar for content. Anything related to occults needs to be at this level of detail. Nothing less will do now, because they've proven they can do it. They have the blueprint to work from, just make the changes that particular occult needs. It also proves that any pack regardless of its theme, occult/fantasy or realism, can have real depth of gameplay and backstory and not be a horror show of bugs and glitches like MWS. This one pack has been everything we've wanted every other pack to be, but it's taken forever to actually achieve it.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Very Satisfied
    I'm enjoying it. What I am enjoying even more is seeing that the werewolf enthusiasts are so happy with it. They deserve it after all of that wait.
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Very Satisfied
    I love it all! Grunge/industrial isn't quite my favorite aesthetic but it fits the world and theme. I love my spellcasters most of all the occults but they did werewolves well!
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    Very Satisfied
    99% satisfied. The gameplay is good, I can use CC to deal with the tails and feet thing...but I'm really annoyed that female werewolves are locked into flat-chestedness when the devs have put such a huge effort into gender expression and gender identity options so far. As a woman, I am very upset about that design decision.

Other than that one gripe, though, it's probably the best pack (game pack, stuff pack, expansion pack, or kit) they've released so far. If they could just patch that chest issue, it would be pretty much perfect.

As a woman, I'm happy that for once the default isn't some sexualised weird version of a human form with fur. I don't understand why people are saying they have a male form - they have a wolf form.
    I mean it's not going to upset me if they add in some ability to add in a few sliders but I find it a bit uncomfortable.

I actually find it more uncomfortable that they locked them into the flat chests. Having the ability to make their chests flat or rounded is preferable to having either one forced on the player. And what's so sexualized about them just being able to have a bust? Breasts are a normal part of female anatomy. No one is upset that female aliens have breasts, breasts that we can make as small or large as we like, even though the green Martian/grey alien archetype that Sims aliens are based off of are usually depicted as flat-chested and androgynous. Why should female werewolves, out of all occults, be left out when everyone else gets to have a bust...even the extraterrestrials, who, if you look at things from a hard science standpoint, probably shouldn't even look that human, let alone have females who would be considered attractive by human standards...?

I completely agree. I definitely would have preferred if the chests of female werewolves would not be so flat. Just a rounded shape to show there is a basic part of female anatomy under that fur would have been enough. The point about female aliens is very true. The green Martian/grey alien archetype on which the aliens seem to be based is nearly always androgynous yet in the sims it is not.
    LiELF wrote: »

I completely agree. I was dreading that they would be another over-sexualized female that's made to look sexy while the males get to look cool and scary. That's been a long gripe of mine with most Werewolf films, even most monsters in general; they always have rugged or ultra cool dudes but then, extra sexy, seductive, curvy females (if they have them at all). It's like, the way pop culture tells it, women are a one-trick pony and must have breasts at all times to be of any interest, lol. Thank goodness times are changing. I love the Werewolf forms and my first three Werewolves, my Furies, have more creepy appearances.

I can't wait until we get body hair so I can stick that on my Werewolf women too, lol. It's only logical that Werewolves would be hairier than normal folk. 😁

Asking for a hint of a female form is not asking to have over-sexualized females. In fact I hate it when females are prototyped as always having to look sexy. But it should be possible to be recognisable as a female without being a sex object. I am a woman who feels female and a female body is part of that. Breasts are more than just tools to seduce someone. Let's not forget their primary function is to feed one's children. Or is a female werewolf nurturing her cubs also unacceptable? I just want a werewolf who looks natural and strong and females at once. Looking strong and natural should be possible for females without having to be forced to present yourself as a be male. I have no desire for the cute girly type with make up painted on them or anything over the top like that. For me it feels like the team decided to strip female werewolves of their feminity by forcing a male body on all of them.

To everyone who says 'wolves have wolf bodies with no visible differences between males and females' Your are right about wolves, about real four legged creatures. But that doesn't make this true for werewolves. The depiction of werewolves varies in pop culture. In some stories their wolf form is an actual wolf looking creature, in others it is more of a hairy human, and there there is so many forms in between. The sims 4 version is clearly based on a a human body. A lot of simmers even comment it looks like a human wearing a fur suit. They walk upright like humans (apart from 1 running animation that doesn't even cover walking on stairs) they have humans feet, human hands with opposable thumbs and no tail. Using the controlled transformation they can do everything a normal human can do. So why would they need to follow the biological rules of four legged animals when it comes to breasts when they follow the biology of upright standing humans for every other part of their body? Because the werewolves follow human anatomy in everything except for the chest, the bodies provided all look masculine because of the flat chest. Why did they go to the trouble of making so many flat chested wolf bodies and not even a single one with a female shape? Or just give us the option with sliders for those who want it.

In so many parts of the game we got great customisation for bodies and gender identities. I don't understand why they did not do this for werewolf bodies as well?
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    edited June 2022
    Satisfied
    You can change your werewolf's body by grabbing what you want to change and pushing or pulling. See Screenshots.
    my sim turned werewolf with tunnel exploration.
    1.standard werewolf form
    2.not so flat behind
    3.added chest
    4.flatten waist
    90Gh6gh.png
    EUCQzNU.png
    Fy1UVya.png
    zGoyxvg.png
    maybe #4
    z2ofvIF.png

Eta. this is the same sim because he's male I didn't keep the above changes, but I made his legs and arms more muscle like and changed his coloring.
    FMmW5vJ.png
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Very Satisfied
    Atreya33 wrote: »

I actually find it more uncomfortable that they locked them into the flat chests. Having the ability to make their chests flat or rounded is preferable to having either one forced on the player. And what's so sexualized about them just being able to have a bust? Breasts are a normal part of female anatomy. No one is upset that female aliens have breasts, breasts that we can make as small or large as we like, even though the green Martian/grey alien archetype that Sims aliens are based off of are usually depicted as flat-chested and androgynous. Why should female werewolves, out of all occults, be left out when everyone else gets to have a bust...even the extraterrestrials, who, if you look at things from a hard science standpoint, probably shouldn't even look that human, let alone have females who would be considered attractive by human standards...?

I completely agree. I definitely would have preferred if the chests of female werewolves would not be so flat. Just a rounded shape to show there is a basic part of female anatomy under that fur would have been enough. The point about female aliens is very true. The green Martian/grey alien archetype on which the aliens seem to be based is nearly always androgynous yet in the sims it is not.

Asking for a hint of a female form is not asking to have over-sexualized females. In fact I hate it when females are prototyped as always having to look sexy. But it should be possible to be recognisable as a female without being a sex object. I am a woman who feels female and a female body is part of that. Breasts are more than just tools to seduce someone. Let's not forget their primary function is to feed one's children. Or is a female werewolf nurturing her cubs also unacceptable? I just want a werewolf who looks natural and strong and females at once. Looking strong and natural should be possible for females without having to be forced to present yourself as a be male. I have no desire for the cute girly type with make up painted on them or anything over the top like that. For me it feels like the team decided to strip female werewolves of their feminity by forcing a male body on all of them.

To everyone who says 'wolves have wolf bodies with no visible differences between males and females' Your are right about wolves, about real four legged creatures. But that doesn't make this true for werewolves. The depiction of werewolves varies in pop culture. In some stories their wolf form is an actual wolf looking creature, in others it is more of a hairy human, and there there is so many forms in between. The sims 4 version is clearly based on a a human body. A lot of simmers even comment it looks like a human wearing a fur suit. They walk upright like humans (apart from 1 running animation that doesn't even cover walking on stairs) they have humans feet, human hands with opposable thumbs and no tail. Using the controlled transformation they can do everything a normal human can do. So why would they need to follow the biological rules of four legged animals when it comes to breasts when they follow the biology of upright standing humans for every other part of their body? Because the werewolves follow human anatomy in everything except for the chest, the bodies provided all look masculine because of the flat chest. Why did they go to the trouble of making so many flat chested wolf bodies and not even a single one with a female shape? Or just give us the option with sliders for those who want it.

In so many parts of the game we got great customisation for bodies and gender identities. I don't understand why they did not do this for werewolf bodies as well?

To be clear, I did not claim that your request for a more feminine form was sexualizing, I stated that pop culture has a long habit of doing so and it has always bothered me, hence why I am happy for the choice to be more wolfish, which is technically a more gender neutral appearance, and I like that.

I don't see Werewolf forms as having human bodies. "Wolfman", yes, but actual Werewolves? No. They are also usually creatures of horror; big furry animalistic monsters with giant teeth that rip people apart... and sticking breasts on them just seems silly to me because the whole point is that they transform into a wolf-like, bipedal shape that makes them less human. It seems more logical to me that the breasts would expand to be more like pectorals as they shapeshift, maybe with a slightly more curved chest, but not actual breasts.

The Sims 4 version of Werewolves have a much more wolfish upper body and head with a humanoid lower body, whereas in the previous games they were more humanoid all over. It's clear to me that they were going for the more animalistic Werewolf this time, if a little cartoony. But people are already saying they look like Furries (I don't think they do that much once you're in the game) and I think if they had breasts it would be even moreso. If that's what you like, that's fine, nothing wrong with that. In the end, we're just arguing preferences, there isn't a right or wrong to it, only interpretation and what appeals to the individual. After all, we're debating a fictional creature 😄. But for me, I happen to really like the design choice.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Very Satisfied
    Atreya33 wrote: »

Well said. I do understand those that say "well she doesnt need to be sexy, she's a werewolf" (despite this implying imo that the female form is sexual by default, but that is a conversation for another day, somewhere else) and prefer a gender neutral form. And that's perfectly fine. But remember that the game is all about player choice. And the player who chooses that their werewolves look more outwardly masculine or feminine is just as valid as the player who chooses that their wolves have no defined gendered body.

I was messing around with creating a female werewolf, and even with sliders I had trouble giving her a physique that I would be happy with. No I wasnt trying to make her sexy, (although its my game and no one else decides what I can and cant create in cas) but I wanted sexual dimorphism to be present in my werewolves. This is probably a me thing, but trying to give her a smaller build that looked right and proportional was a bit difficult. The end result was just alright, but I wasnt crazy over it and ended up scrapping the sim entirely. I can already tell Im not going to be creating alot of female werewolves in my game if I can't get their physique to exactly how I want. Player choice ya'll.

Im not gonna rally for more feminine physiques in werewolves since frankly, it doesnt bother me that much. Plus I dont want to be accused of further perpetuating the notion that female monsters in media must always be beautiful and be cancelled forever.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    edited June 2022
    Very Satisfied
    You can change your werewolf's body by grabbing what you want to change and pushing or pulling. See Screenshots.
    my sim turned werewolf with tunnel exploration.
    1.standard werewolf form
    2.not so flat behind
    3.added chest
    4.flatten waist
    90Gh6gh.png
    EUCQzNU.png
    Fy1UVya.png
    zGoyxvg.png
    maybe #4
    z2ofvIF.png

Eta. this is the same sim because he's male I didn't keep the above changes, but I made his legs and arms more muscle like and changed his coloring.
    FMmW5vJ.png

The sliders can help a bit. I already experimented with them. If you pick a slender body type and adjust the sliders to the max the body can resemble an androgynous look rather than a masculine look. Not quite there yet, but it can help. Thanks for bringing this up.
    .... In the end, we're just arguing preferences, there isn't a right or wrong to it, only interpretation and what appeals to the individual. After all, we're debating a fictional creature 😄. But for me, I happen to really like the design choice.

I just had to vent my frustration over this issue. I will get over it in time. But in the end we are talking about preferences on fictional creatures. You are absolutely right about that there is no absolute right or wrong on this matter.

Apart from this one body frame issue, I like the design as well. I like that they have thick fur instead of just body hair, I like the wolf like heads and am happy that we can choose with or without clothing. I also did not expect the paint brush for the fur. I know the tool tip had changed prior to the pack, but thought it would turn out to be wishful thinking. So I am 80% or 90% satisfied with the look of these werewolves. Combined with the rest of the game pack (werewolf powers, the world,...) , it might turn out to be one of my favourite game packs.
  • Options
    sclevenger08sclevenger08 Posts: 125 Member
    Satisfied
    I'm pretty happy with it overall. Only thing I don't like is lack of pack customization and I wish we could choose our own temperaments, like in Vampires we had to choose a perk and counter it with a weakness. The temperaments, are basically weakness and being able to choose those based off the temperament you want your wolf to have would of been better for me. But that's about all the negatives I have. I really enjoy the pack.