Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are Plantsims Possible In High School?

LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
In Sims 3, Plant Sims came in University Life. In Sims 4, we got a rather weak free drop, and now we are hearing rumours of a High School Expansion. Not a Game Pack, but a full Expansion with lots of room.

So, do you think that Plantsims will come with an update in High School? Keep in mind, they didn't get an update in Discover University. But in Cool Kitchen Stuff, they got a flavour of ice-cream that made them LOOK like a Plantsim...
Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Are Plantsims Possible In High School? 57 votes

Yes
31%
PlayerSinger2010mcruddncisGibbs02kerryemmiebethDarcVader1TrimothSnaveXsHorrorgirl6LoanetAuronoiChieftainDaniRose2143Atreya33llejenaSERVERFRAGordygamercatBL5036Sol_Rising 18 votes
No
63%
auroraael14LeGardePourprerudy8292Icewolfalan650111Wedsimgirl1010alanmichael1DarkLady2788YautjagirlbrookiepeoplesBabykittyjadebixtersLeccaLatinaBunnyQueenMercyChadSims2Internal_ChaosEnkiSchmidtgoldann25 36 votes
Who cares? I don't play Occults
3%
catmando830SeashoreLivia 2 votes
What are Plantsims?
1%
fiercephoenix91 1 vote

Comments

• DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,651 Member
    Yes
    I would love to see Plantsims get some love from the Gurus. We got our werewolves finally. Spellcasters need an update and I'd love to see fairies added too, but next up on my occult wishlist is Plantsims. Proper permanent life state Plantsims not this temporary nonsense.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Yes
    Sure would be nice to see Aliens on a level with Werewolves and Vampires. That would only happen with the update of Get To Work though...
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    No
    Technically anything is possible, but if it starts base game I am sure they will get plenty of flak for then locking it behind DLC. Especially since the non-cheat version is locked behind a basically defunct challenge mechanic.

I want better plant Sims, but I don't see it crammed in high school. Honestly, I would rather it be an update anyway unless it was something super specific like a gardening or Forest GP.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Yes
    I also want them to be in CAS as well. ;)
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    I don't know about plantSims returning in a high school pack because I absolutely loathe the occults in expansion packs so I would rather that never happen again tbh. I do think plantSims have the potential to be the coolest looking occults though so I would really like to see them back.

#justiceforoccults
    #justiceforplantsims
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    No
    I think the new plant sim scenario is their last word.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,018 Member
    edited June 2022
    Yes
    I would love PlantSims to be included. They were my favourite in TS2. 🌱

They were the easiest life state to manage. Needing only, water, love and sunshine. So they could swim in the pool during the day with other Sims and needs were constantly high. Overnight there were the sun lamps.

Perhaps the High School could offer a branch of them. Maybe studying botany unlocks different types of PlantSims? More interactions with plants or research to be a permanent life state? πŸ€”πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ.

Treehouses should feature as homes for PlantSims.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! πŸ˜Šβ˜•οΈπŸŒž
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited June 2022
    No
    Is it possible? Yeah I guess
    would I want them to be paired with school theme? No.

tbh anything paired with school that is not directly about school frustrates me
    and if they put something I desperately want (like plantsims) in school theme...
    let's just say I might need to go release some fury in the woods.

If they must be pack content
    at least make it more of pack refresh for like strangerville or something
    where there is the plant lore to connect and other occulty things

or i guess you could relate them to fairies if it really must be pack that has yet to exist
    therefore also being with other occulty nature content people may like

assuming people that like fairies also like plantsims wouldn't be so off to me
    as trying to relate them to school at least
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I don't really see how plantsims would integrate with highschools? Unless they make them to be the new cool kid with weird hair and strange powers that everyone wants to befriend for some reason. What's the icecream flavour that makes them look like a plantsim?
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2022
    No
    No, I feel it may be better for them to be refreshed or to be put in a more occult-focused gamepack. The pack would need to put more of a focus on them, if anyone is hoping for a more fleshed out version of an occult.

I love mermaids/merfolk, but I felt that the mermaids were kind of lackluster in the expansion pack, to use an example.
    Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    No
    I would like plantsims, but I don't see how they fit that theme. If there's a fairy pack down the road maybe they'll be added in there...
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    No
    I'm going to have to say no not only because I don't care about occults at all but this is Sims 4 not 3. Sims 4 is not like older Sims games where you could get a decently developed supernatural within a fully fleshed out pack I have yet to see one person say wow Mermaids were done right with Sims 4 because they were not nothing more than a side feature in a very empty expansion. So why take away from actual high school content from people like me who have wanted high school forever to shoehorn in a poorly done supernatural.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Yes
    I see people's doubts rising, they're giving up on the things they want...
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    I don't know. I do wish you had an Other category. I don't play Occults, but it's not that i don't care. I know many on this site love Occults and I'm very happy for them when Occults are available to them. I never played Plantsims, but my grown daughter enjoyed them in Sims2. But, then again, I wasn't into gardening in that game, either. Sims4 is the first time I've ever really dabbled in gardening. I'm still trying to figure out how High School will even work.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2022
    No
    Loanet wrote: Β»
    I see people's doubts rising, they're giving up on the things they want...

I am being realistic based on past experiences with Sims 4’s packs. Mermaids had potential to be more fleshed out, but they were crammed in an expansion and were kind of only okay-ish. The game packs dedicated to occults felt more fleshed out for me.

Also, I never play with Plantsims, so I’m neutral about them, and would rather focus on the high school-ish stuff.

Edited to add:
    Now, a random refresh patch may be possible. We just don’t know when that would be, since the schedule for certain types of content tends to be pretty unpredictable, lol.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Yes
    As much as I'd like them, I think you need to be more realistic. We're getting dragons, after DU hinted at it with Britechester.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    Yes
    Anything is possible with the Sims but if it were my choice, I would've included it in Seasons like it was first introduced in Sims 2 Seasons.