Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Did You Know Thread On Werewolves

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
This is the place to put everything you wasn't expecting to find in this pack.

Did you know there is a small waterfall downstream from that starter home? It's easy to miss.

Did you know that the hotel has a blinking sign?

Comments

• Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    Apricus wrote: »

I looked and that was so cute. I love it.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    The injury system from Snowy Escape returns! This time, sims will get injured when they lose a fight to a werewolf. This means...
    • If a sim loses to a werewolf fight once and then they fall off the tallest climbing wall, they'll die.
    • If a sim loses to a werewolf fight twice, not only they can't climb the walls and ski and snowboard anymore, but if they then get crushed by a vending machine, they'll die.

I like the detail that each different type of howls have different animations.
  • lovemy4slovemy4s Posts: 153 Member
    It should make sense but we all know a lot things don’t in the sims but I was really happy to note that werewolves can roam in their naked beasty self during the winter.
    Well then. It turns out that every werewolf can turn sims into werewolves during the full moon with Full Moon Turn interaction.

So, the Curse Bearer allows you to turn other sims at any time you want.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited June 2022
    Dyk if your werewolf has the better smell trait, they get moodlets for what or whomever they are smelling, they will have moodlets for other werewolves, vampires, aliens and even their romantic interest/partner, which is a cute one.

They will also see different colored smell mist arround the other sims which are specific to their lifeform (like spellcasters have rainbowy mist, werewolves have red mist for example).
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Werewolf temperaments seem to have some sort of link to sim behavior as well as traits. Eating a lot of meat before leveling up seems to give an increased chance of the Carnivore temperament, and sleeping during the day before leveling up seems to increase the chance of the Night Wolf temperament appearing. I may be wrong, since I have only seen multiple level-ups on one werewolf so far, but it's something to keep an eye on...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
    edited June 2022
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    Dyk if your werewolf has the better smell trait, they get moodlets for what or whomever they are smelling, they will have moodlets for other werewolves, vampires, aliens and even their romantic interest/partner, which is a cute one.

They will also see different colored smell mist arround the other sims which are specific to their lifeform (like spellcasters have rainbowy mist, werewolves have red mist for example).

Yes, that I have noticed too. I should go ahead and make a list at one point which occult gives off which color smell.

Edit. Here's the list:

Normal sim - Yellow
    Alien - Purple
    Vampire - Black and purple
    Mermaids - Blue
    Spellcasters - Rainbow
    Werewolves - Brownish red
    Servos and skeletons - None
    Post edited by EgonVM on
  • moon_mothmoon_moth Posts: 28 Member
    whenever a werewolf howls, there's a sound of a far-off howl answering.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Werewolves can swim.

Vampires can suck or drink blood from werewolves.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    If your sim isn’t a werewolf you can still enter the hidden bunker underneath the bar if you explore the tunnels. My sim is exploring the tunnel and after various options followed a scent and ended up underneath in the bunker 😁 she managed to use the werewolf only door too to escape before she was caught
  • Echo1224Echo1224 Posts: 4 New Member
    > @Akl500P said:
    > Did you know that werewolves shake water off after a bath or if they are wet from rain
    >
    > Did you know that the eating object skill can literally let your werewolf eat chickens since the are in fact considered objects?

Hahaha uh oh for babies then... :D
  • ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    When your werewolf wins a fight with a normal sim, the sim walks away with pawprints and sticking plasters all over them.
    Scrapdash wrote: »
    When your werewolf wins a fight with a normal sim, the sim walks away with pawprints and sticking plasters all over them.

Well, every occult (vampires, werewolves etc) get those pawprints and plasters. And sometimes they don't.
    I do like this detail though.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    It was ages since I created an occult Sim, so when I heard about the insistant howling I decided to first create three normal Sims and then make them Werewolves. But as it turns out there was no way of making them werewolves once they was done. So I bought them each a camera and they took a number of pictures of the pack leader and then he willingly bit them. Fun fact, since this was a testrun I didn't bothered to build my own lot. Instead I downloaded a lot from the gallery and my female Sim who I gave a hobo liking for interior decoration, got up in the middle of the night walked up the stairs and made clear she didn't like the interior decor.
  • Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited June 2022
    So uh...Hope everyone knows that it's possible for your werewolves to die from their own fury.

unknown.png?width=1129&height=586

He went into his rampage mode like he typically does every now and then. Only this time...it killed him. Guess that's something to watch out for...

Is there a way to lower the fury meter before it gets to this point? Because if this is something that might happen, I might be stopping my werewolves from rampaging as often.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,849 Member
    That's kind of cool how extreme they can get, I think the howls you can unlock are meant to help can't say much else I have kept my wolves home to destroy things so they haven't gotten too bad yet I'll have to look. Also since they can smash or eat things going after the fridge is their best diet option...I think lol.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    Aquarius94 wrote: »
    So uh...Hope everyone knows that it's possible for your werewolves to die from their own fury.

He went into his rampage mode like he typically does every now and then. Only this time...it killed him. Guess that's something to watch out for...

Is there a way to lower the fury meter before it gets to this point? Because if this is something that might happen, I might be stopping my werewolves from rampaging as often.

That's interesting. Werewolves shouldn't be able to die this way. It was confirmed by a SimGuru. I have had a lot of the rampages in the game and none of them have resulted in death by anger.

I'd suggest repairing the game.
  • Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited June 2022
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Aquarius94 wrote: »

That's interesting. Werewolves shouldn't be able to die this way. It was confirmed by a SimGuru. I have had a lot of the rampages in the game and none of them have resulted in death by anger.

I'd suggest repairing the game.

I just might have to. That definitely took me by surprise. My wolves have been rampaging all the time since I got this pack (happens a little too often if I'm being honest) and nothing like this ever happened before. Thank goodness his wife was right there and pleaded with the grim reaper for him lol
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,849 Member
    edited June 2022
    Someone might have mentioned it but when wolf pups viciously play they can bite at their toy and shake it in their mouth like a puppy. Darling.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png