Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I lost All of My Downloads, Thanks Windows 10!

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
edited June 2022 in The Sims 2
I don't know how it happened. :'(:'(

Earlier I installed some 3t2 Hair from MTS. I might have copied a few of those files over to my Downloads folder.
Then I went to create a new hood, (themed) sort of, but the familyFunds cheat wasn't working but worked fine a few days ago.

I thought ok, I haven't installed anything lately this week except those hair styles. So, I quit to clear the cache files to see if that would get the familyfunds cheat to work.

While I was doing that Windows said the files were too big to send to recycle bin did I want to permanently delete them? I clicked yes. :s because my dog was wanting attention and I was distracted. I reloaded my game...all my windows, doors, wallpapers, recolors, furniture, decor, hair, makeup, and my own cc made by me was all gone!!! :'( All my mods, all my things I've had for years that probably not even on the WayBack Machine. :'(

All my created Sims for all my themed stories in my head. All the custom content that I had in there. Gigabits of it.

The only thing I know that might have happened is the Downloads folder might have been highlighted too, when I clicked to delete the Accessory, Group Cache files etc.

This is a problem for a very long time with Windows 10. Especially, if you want to copy something the previous thing you are copying or deleting isn't un highlighted each time. I usually catch it. Then it may be repeated and or deleted depending on what one is doing.

Forget the familyfunds cheat, I have to go dig around for all my custom content I have had for years. It's somewhere, but wherever that is I have no idea. And so many files of so many years of things separated into different folders and files, and for different themes and or homes etc.

My whole game is ruined. All my houses, all my Sims, all my hoods, all my own hard work, too.

Rant over. I think I should just go to bed. :/

No, I don't use Cloud I hate logging in to play games or anything else. I guess it has it's uses but I save everything I want to keep in other places.
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    Hi :mrgreen:

Oh, No! One of my biggest fears. :scream:

I know I've got backups but of not easy to redo and find which I'm using in which save file.
    I hope you can get it all situated quickly. :cookie:
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    I'm so sorry to hear this. I've got gigs of Sims 2 custom content stored on an external hard drive so if there's something in particular you need to replace let me know and I can see if I have it. Or you might want to make another post with a list of your favored cc and others might be able to help.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2022
    Thanks, Rflong7 and Simgirl1010! It's been a real headache looking through files on an external drive, and thumb drives. I saved that EA file so maybe I can get back to it, if and when I restore all the custom content I was using in those saves. The thing is that Download folder was so well organized, lol. I had actually taken extra time to put every thing in a proper subfolder a few years ago during Covid lockdowns. Now I have to figure out just where is that flashing blue object and or Sim hair since so many are bald. lol

I was so proud of myself for actually have a very well organized Downloads folder for once. Can't believe I deleted it by accident.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • miababyymiababyy Posts: 7 New Member
    i'm so sorry that sounds so frustrating... reminds me to have a backup downloads folder for my games
  • EcaEca Posts: 155 Member
    This is why I save/favorite/like my downloads wherever I download them from or upload them to my cloud.
    giphy.gif
    Crystal Cover from Tumblr
  • GothangelGothangel Posts: 128 Member
    buy 1tb ssd portable or 2tb