Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dogs at Moonwood Mill?

leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
Watching an early access, a spanish creator saw a dog at Moonwood Mill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYjs4vTDDOY&t=1068s
See at 17:47

My question would be if:
1 - Is caused by mods
2 - Was a patch than allow pets out of Brindleton
3 - Dogs can spawn at Moonwood Mill

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,835 Member
    edited June 2022
    I had early access and saw a stray dog in Moonwood Mill.

ETA: At the time I had no mods installed.
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    That is a really cool detail. Makes me miss the wolves from 2.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    A couple of weeks ago I saw 2 dogs enter a bar in San Myshuno, so this seems independent of the new pack. I thought it odd as hardly ever see dogs anywhere, even in B. Bay.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    The Dog Hangout lot trait will generate stray dogs on and around that lot.

• leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    The Dog Hangout lot trait will generate stray dogs on and around that lot.

Is a review at early access, I dunno he changed lot traits
    Also as see in video, was only 1 dog (thing than no match with the lot trait)
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Dogs do spawn at moonlight mill. I have the pack been playing it for a while and I did NOT change any of the lots or lot traits. Ive seen 2 strays walking around and one dog that wasn't a stray.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I had a stray cat in Glimmerbrook some days ago. I thought it was unusual. I don't have any lot traits there that would attract stray cats (I checked it). The family my sim kid was visiting had three dogs, so I thought that maybe the cat had somehow spawned there because of the dogs, but now I think that maybe they have changed some code and strays have found their way in other worlds?
  • sclevenger08sclevenger08 Posts: 125 Member
    That's funny. Over the weekend, I saw a stray dog at Selvadorada in the area in front of the bar. I thought it kind of strange as I had never seen a stray animal there at all. There is definitely not any lot traits there that would allow that I don't believe. So I wonder if something has changed but it would be prior to this pack.
  • cchant86cchant86 Posts: 221 Member
    Yes, stray dogs seem to spawn in Moonwood Mill. My Sim met a terrier type dog while out walking in the woods and adopted him. He howls when she howls, which is cute. He’s the only one I’ve seen so far, though. I’ve noticed her dog like to follow her over to pack headquarters a lot, too, and just chill there. That might be the Loyal trait at work, I don’t know.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    That's funny. Over the weekend, I saw a stray dog at Selvadorada in the area in front of the bar. I thought it kind of strange as I had never seen a stray animal there at all. There is definitely not any lot traits there that would allow that I don't believe. So I wonder if something has changed but it would be prior to this pack.

I think there are stray dogs at Selvadorada quite often. I see them almost every time my sims go there. Once my sims adopted a stray Yorkshire terrier there. He is my favourite dog :blush:
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I don't have any mods (currently) and I have seen several dogs in Moonwood Mill.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    Can confirm on the strays in selvadorada. They even have a unique hidden trait to them. Something along the lines of 'native_stray' if i recall

Looks like some checking with showsiminfo may be needed for the moonwood strays, see if they get similar
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member

Stray pets have always been in Selvadorada.
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    My sim happened to see a stray dog in Moonwood Hill.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member
    I have always seen stray cats in Selvadorado especially on the pier, but never a stray dog.