Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Werewolff Negative thread

Comments

• KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited June 2022
    Having seen the full list of werewolf abilities, I have confirmed that Spellcasters (moreso than vampires) are the model being followed. I won't make the mistake again of buying this pack a year or two later, just to feel exactly the same playing as I did watching the livestream, overviews, and trailer.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • cutecabaretcutecabaret Posts: 56 Member
    The one thing that really bugs me is that according to Plumbella at least, vampires and werewolves instantly hate each other on sight and that's really annoying to me because I had plans to remake my vampire werewolf couple from a book I'm writing. I really hope that if they're assigned as spouses in CAS it will override the hate.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    The one thing that really bugs me is that according to Plumbella at least, vampires and werewolves instantly hate each other on sight and that's really annoying to me because I had plans to remake my vampire werewolf couple from a book I'm writing. I really hope that if they're assigned as spouses in CAS it will override the hate.

That's completely heart breaking.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I don't want my Werewolves to dislike any of the previous occults because I play mixed occult couples most of the time in all 6 of my timeline game saves.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,811 Member
    @SERVERFRA That's like not allowing player customized packs. It affects our ability to tell our stories our way. I do hope they patch the instant conflict out and patch in player designed packs.
    Yeah, it wouldn't bug me as much if I wasn't 1. entirely tired of the fur vs fang trope that I think has been done to death, 2. Annoyed at how in a game about players making their own choices, once again I am locked into a story the sims team forces me into, even though they literally said we could just ignore the lore, 3. Without cheats, ime, because emotions dominate sims autonomy, with the sentiment system, I have to micromanage and babysit all sims who are furious at each other to try to repair their relationship, which is a thing I appreciate sometimes, but I don't want to have to do that for every single werewolf vampire couple I have. I know I can just cheat the relationships up but that's not really satisfying to me for every story? What if I want a falling in love type of scenario that DOESN'T have initial animosity? Well, now I can't do that, because I am stuck following the dev storyline instead. In a game that has harped constantly and is otherwise mechanically designed to give players complete and total control, sometimes to the detriment of other aspects of the game.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,324 Member

Ugh. I was afraid of that. I definitely don't want this "feature". I want to decide for myself what kind of stories I want to tell and what kind of conflicts I want to have. I don't want built-in prejudices. I was excited about everything else in this pack, but this kind of feels like a deal-breaker for me...
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member

This is exactly why I was hoping that the "Fur vs Fang" trope wouldn't be followed, because not only is it overused it just leads to "hate at first sight" or "negative friendship at first sight" then it just puts a hamper on many possible stories that simmers have planned.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

Has anyone had a chance to play long enough to find out if this is something that can be overcome with gameplay?
    @SERVERFRA That's like not allowing player customized packs. It affects our ability to tell our stories our way. I do hope they patch the instant conflict out and patch in player designed packs.

I don’t want features patched out anymore, this was part of what was advertised about the pack, conflict between these two occults, and being The Sims 4 I can’t imagine that there isn’t a way to find a peaceful resolution through gameplay if that’s what the player wants. The trouble with YouTubers is they only play most of these packs at a surface level and then people take that as gospel. Lots of people on Twitter told gurus they wanted friendships and romances between werewolves & vampires and none of the gurus said that wasn’t possible. It’s likely just going to require time and effort.
    Has it been confirmed anywhere else besides Plumbella's review?
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Yes but I don't want to have to put time and effort into EVERY SINGLE RELATIONSHIP. Sometimes I want my sims to start at neutral, you know?
    Yes but I don't want to have to put time and effort into EVERY SINGLE RELATIONSHIP. Sometimes I want my sims to start at neutral, you know?

Pretty much all of the sims do, start at neutral so it seems like a refreshing change honestly to have work at it a bit. I hope they leave it alone. It’s the first pack ever that doesn’t come off like vanilla mush. Finally something that requires some effort and presents a bit of a challenge.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I really, really hope my mixed occult married couple households will be ok once I change my "fake Werewolves" into real Werewolves. :'(:o:/
    edited June 2022

Has anyone had a chance to play long enough to find out if this is something that can be overcome with gameplay?

I don’t want features patched out anymore, this was part of what was advertised about the pack, conflict between these two occults, and being The Sims 4 I can’t imagine that there isn’t a way to find a peaceful resolution through gameplay if that’s what the player wants. The trouble with YouTubers is they only play most of these packs at a surface level and then people take that as gospel. Lots of people on Twitter told gurus they wanted friendships and romances between werewolves & vampires and none of the gurus said that wasn’t possible. It’s likely just going to require time and effort.

Fair point on not wanting that patched out. After all this time with the game and its various issues, saying that when something unwanted pops up is a knee jerk reaction.

Like @cutecabaret said, it would be nice to start at neutral like other relationships do. I do have a story in mind that does use that trope, but I don't want to play it that way everytime. Then again it becomes the same thing for those that want constant conflict, they don't want to start at neutral. Either way one group of players isn't going to be happy having to put in the time to get where they want to be. Neither side wants to be the one that has to work for what we want.
    edited June 2022
    I suppose I will do as I always do, and wait for mods to change what I don't like before buying. I just wish they'd build in settings for this kind of stuff instead.

EDIT - Though I suppose it actually depends on how it works. If it just starts them off negative, but otherwise behaves normally, I can cheat them to neutral with UI cheats extension and go from there. But if it forces them towards negative, even as you do other interactions, then... no. I don't want that.

Frustrating for me to hear this news because automatic vampire-werewolf animosity is literally the one thing I don't want regarding werewolves.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg

Fair point on not wanting that patched out. After all this time with the game and its various issues, saying that when something unwanted pops up is a knee jerk reaction.

Like @cutecabaret said, it would be nice to start at neutral like other relationships do. I do have a story in mind that does use that trope, but I don't want to play it that way everytime. Then again it becomes the same thing for those that want constant conflict, they don't want to start at neutral. Either way one group of players isn't going to be happy having to put in the time to get where they want to be. Neither side wants to be the one that has to work for what we want.

Everything in this game is neutral. I am so looking forward to some actual drama that I don’t have to completely force.
    That's true and I can't argue that it's otherwise. Even if it isn't exactly what I would always want, I will have a use for it in my initial werewolf story. And really, all that truly matters to me is we finally have our werewolves.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    I'm fine with the relationships starting off on the wrong foot and having a small negative relationship at first. That would add to the lore without creating too much of an impact on the stories I want to tell. But from that it looked like in Plumbella's video, they'll start with an enormous dislike of each other.

At least I have MCCC to fix that. But still, that'll put a hamper on my stories. Especially since I want to make a world where the occults eventually learn to live together.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    edited June 2022
    @Gordy I agree. I'd be okay with just a small negative to the start of the relationship. Like they are sort of suspicious of each other at the start. It can go either way like that, and makes for interesting story-telling. But I don't want every vampire-werewolf encounter to erupt into a fight the first time they see each other.

For one thing, I just don't like stories where "everyone in this group hates everyone in that group with no exceptions". Those are boring to me. I'm only interested in conflict between specific individuals who dislike each other as individuals for specific things that the other has said or done.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Gordy wrote: »
    I'm fine with the relationships starting off on the wrong foot and having a small negative relationship at first. That would add to the lore without creating too much of an impact on the stories I want to tell. But from that it looked like in Plumbella's video, they'll start with an enormous dislike of each other.

At least I have MCCC to fix that. But still, that'll put a hamper on my stories. Especially since I want to make a world where the occults eventually learn to live together.

Yeah, that is my issue. I'm fine with using MCCC if I have to but the default ENORMOUS dislike is annoying because it takes a LOT of effort to undo that without cheating due to the issues with sim autonomy. It's really hard to do an enemies to lovers if every time I look away for 5 seconds, they are attacking each other, JUST LIKE IT IS ALSO DIFFICULT to make sims continuously hate each other when every time you look away for 5 seconds they are friendly chatting. I think it points to really bad autonomy that the ONLY way to make sims actually hate each other is to take it to an extreme.
    I wonder what happens if you give your werewolf or vampire the "incredibly friendly" reward trait, or have the pristine reputation, both of which raise the initial relationship level.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • gc6164gc6164 Posts: 516 Member
    edited June 2022

I personally like the way vampire and werewolf relationships have been done but I understand why others don't. Could be easily fixed though if they make a reward trait like "Vampire ally" or even make it one of those dormant abilities? I'm not familiar with game design but I'd assume that would be quite easy to implement.

Only thing I'm not fond of is the lack of animations for entering the tunnel system and that after your first transformation the sim disappears and teleports to the rock. Seems a bit lazy.

rqjiqrf78ux6.gif

• telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    One of the werewolf abilities is werewolf diplomacy. You can use this ability to make other Sims werewolf allies. Maybe if you make your vampire a werewolf ally beforehand, you can have a neutral romantic start. Just have a higher powered werewolf (like Kristopher maybe?) convince your potential vampire mate to become an ally. Then introduce your intended couple.

I honestly like that it starts from a place of conflict. For me, it will be more interesting to overcome animosity than to start with everything a bed of roses. Some element of difficulty adds to the fun, makes it more of an actual game. I like the storytelling aspect, but I also like to have challenges to overcome.

Since this is the negative thread, I will say that I'm disappointed we didn't get a full wolf form. But I'm still looking forward to playing with werewolves.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited June 2022
    @Gordy I agree. I'd be okay with just a small negative to the start of the relationship. Like they are sort of suspicious of each other at the start. It can go either way like that, and makes for interesting story-telling. But I don't want every vampire-werewolf encounter to erupt into a fight the first time they see each other.

For one thing, I just don't like stories where "everyone in this group hates everyone in that group with no exceptions". Those are boring to me. I'm only interested in conflict between specific individuals who dislike each other as individuals for specific things that the other has said or done.

I like the sound of them being wary or suspicious of each other at the start.
    They shouldn’t dislike so much on sight it causes brawls.

I don’t have mods like MCC so maybe an option to set the dislike bar in CAS or a new trait such as ‘tolerant’? 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
    The devs have been pretty upfront and unambiguous about the fact that there’s strong bad blood between werewolves and vampires to the point of war basically so I don’t see how anyone is surprised at the level of animosity between them.