Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Meteorite Death

Comments

• gc6164gc6164 Posts: 516 Member
    Finvola wrote: »
    I'm actively trying to get it and I must be unlucky. The first attempt took two days using 2 sims taking turns. My second attempt was with a family of 8. They autonomously used it for at least 2 sim weeks before I saw anything happen. I would hate to see it get nerfed, I don't think is like the Murphy bed situation where the odds were really high of it happening. Besides, you do have time to run inside before getting hit. I like spontaneous accidents. I miss that. I like busy households with things happening all around me.

This household of 8 had a death trap of a house. I lost 3 sims to other things before the meteor came. First was a grill fire, second was mortified/embarrassed, third was old age, then came the meteor. The family were using the telescope often too, so at least in my experience they don't seem to be that common of an event. Anybody who knows my playstyle knows that I often set my houses up to be death traps so I was actively going for the meteor kills and I felt the odds were low in comparison to others.

Ok that makes me feel a lot better. The way i’m playing at the moment, if I receive the notification I accept it as the sim’s fate and don’t allow them to run away lol.
    rqjiqrf78ux6.gif

• deathchanter_12deathchanter_12 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello. Is it possible to collect the meteorite that falls on your lot? If not, I think it would be a great feature along with the new telescope. I collect meteorites and do astronomy in real life.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    Hello. Is it possible to collect the meteorite that falls on your lot? If not, I think it would be a great feature along with the new telescope. I collect meteorites and do astronomy in real life.

Unfortunately, the meteor object will disappear as soon as the Grim Reaper leaves. Before that, you can go into build mode and put the meteor in the household inventory and take it out once the Grim Reaper has left, but it will always make the crater effect.

So right now, the only way to collect space rocks is through using the rocket ship. I agree, it would have been cool to get those from that meteorite.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    The description though😂😂😂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Do the neighbours still come in and tell you off like they did in the sims 2? Every now and again i'd have an angry Mortimer Goth yell at my sim for looking "in the telescope"
    It's so amusing to me that everyone is getting so very excited everytime a new death is introduced while my first thought is always: "Oh no! Not ANOTHER death that I have to prevent by avoiding things or getting a mod to get rid of it."
    I don't know...I want my Sims to live their best life and not to be killed by looking at the stars... :#

This really seems dangerous because the Sim has only a few seconds to go inside...

Yea I don't kill sims either I love them all too much lol. But I'm glad they added the option to run away before it hits because that makes for risky adventure 🤭🤭
    edited June 2022
    I love what I heard about the new ghosts.. I'm going to get a meteor ghost since I was planning on a ghost anyway.. One thing I do hope to see in the future though is not sim death but house destruction from a bunch of meteors.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    Gordy wrote: »
    I always disliked how much work you had to put into some deaths in Sims 4. Like you have to be struck by lightning at least twice to die, you have to go out of your way to force your spellcasters to die by overloading, and a lot of other deaths have a warning moodlet. There was little surprise because you had to actively try and kill your sims. If this meteorite death is this random thing that can happen, that adds a lot of unpredictability and uniqueness. It's great.

Unfortunately it is another where you have to ignore the giant warning and let it happen. You get a warning that the meteor is on the way and then have a few minutes to get your sim inside. Your sim will only die if you ignore that.

Well, it does make sense that you would actually see a meteorite coming as they streak across the sky, especially if you are watching it with a telescope…..lol, and a real death by meteorite would actually be so rare in real life, that when playing the sims it would probably never happen in most peoples games.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    It's so amusing to me that everyone is getting so very excited everytime a new death is introduced while my first thought is always: "Oh no! Not ANOTHER death that I have to prevent by avoiding things or getting a mod to get rid of it."
    I don't know...I want my Sims to live their best life and not to be killed by looking at the stars... :#

This really seems dangerous because the Sim has only a few seconds to go inside...

Yea I don't kill sims either I love them all too much lol. But I'm glad they added the option to run away before it hits because that makes for risky adventure 🤭🤭

Yes I don’t like killing my sims either, I already have to save so often with the plant bug. This just adds another reason to save. I’m glad there is a warning first.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited June 2022
    No meteorite for me :(

Not even a single ingame hour after positioning a sim at the new telescope I got the meteorite warning. I was both disappointed (it's supposed to be rare) and excited (I needed a screenshot of a meteorite for my chronicle), directed my sim into the house and waited for the impact. However, nothing happened. So do meteorites decide hitting the ground is boring and turn around when there is no sim to smash?

Loaded the save again, but this time no notification happened.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited June 2022
    Eight ingame hours (and apparently ten real time minutes) later I got my meteorite and some nice screenies. (Sorry, Yuki, you'll be back with us in a jiffy and I get to use all the bandage cc I own plus at least one permanent scar).

EDIT: Even better, I managed to save the meteorite. TOOLed it out of the crater while Build/Buy was greyed out during the death and when the crater despawned, the meteorite remained. Brandon so loves his souvenier... Yuki not so much.
    Post edited by EnkiSchmidt on
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Yeah it's a bummer we can't keep the meteorite. I used to make a fortune selling those in TS3. Too bad they can't be like the lava rocks where we can break them open for gems or stones or something. The first thing I tried to do when I did my tester was try to collect the rock after only to realize it disappeared when Grim left. For me, it has been quite rare. The only thing that seems to be more rare of a death (despite my efforts) is a fly swarm.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    I think the telescope 🔭 is the best thing to come this year! 😊🎉🔭
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    I didn't play long enough yesterday to find out. I only had my Rock Star's wife, and mother of his four Toddler children, use the new telescope ever so briefly. I have no idea of how this was setup, but I do know I never experienced Death by Meteorite in sims2. Then your Sim had to sit on the lawn watching the skies for hours on end before anything got triggered. Suffer me to say, my Sims had other, better things to do than be idle like that.

I will likely have whatever Sim gets the message run inside to safety. I am very attached to these Sims and if you only knew how many times I've had to restart this family, you would understand how a death at this moment in time would be devastating. I suppose I could always play the backup save, but still … Unless, of course it's not a family member who gets hit. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    If you use MCCC, I think marking them Immortal will prevent accidental deaths. That's what I do for the sims I'm very attached to. It should work for meteors too but I haven't tested it yet with a sim I flagged as immortal. But I'll do it for science!
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,876 Member
    Brd709 wrote: »
    Do the neighbours still come in and tell you off like they did in the sims 2? Every now and again i'd have an angry Mortimer Goth yell at my sim for looking "in the telescope"

Yes @Brd709 it took me the longest time to figure out that when my sims were looking in the telescope in the daylight they were actually spying on the neighbors and that's why they were coming in and beating up my poor sims in their own home :*
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,344 Member

@mrs_starkey I'm with you. Most players seem to love new deaths, but I always groan when they're added. Because it means another part of gameplay that I will avoid all together.

I was super excited when they announced the small telescopes, because I have been wanting those for years. But the new death means I will no longer use telescopes at all until someone makes a mod to get rid of the death. :lol: I'm a weird player though, I guess. I don't like watching sims die. Doesn't matter that they can be brought back to life. I just don't enjoy it happening. For some reason that isn't fun for me.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    With you on that. Death isn't fun. Period.
    Brd709 wrote: »

Yes @Brd709 it took me the longest time to figure out that when my sims were looking in the telescope in the daylight they were actually spying on the neighbors and that's why they were coming in and beating up my poor sims in their own home :*

@mightysprite I never would have guessed either! My dad has a sun filter on his telescope and used to check the sun daily and record sunspots (not sure if he still does this) all the time when I was growing up. So I would have assumed that's what daytime use of the telescope was. :lol:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Is there a toggle cheat code to turn off Meteorite Death?
  • jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I know it's supposed to be rare, but I lost a sim within the first day. Two other sims (I was running a household with 5 sims - the 4 occults you can make from CAS and 1 human) used the telescope autonomously and were fine. I direct my human to use it and BOOM! Even in the middle of the afternoon.

Fortunately, he was created to be sacrificed in just such a way (and then added back into the household as the ghost.)

My sim got smooshed within an hour of me starting to play. I missed the notification to get inside, but probably would’ve ignored it in any case.

• mrs_starkeymrs_starkey Posts: 169 Member
    @mrs_starkey I'm with you. Most players seem to love new deaths, but I always groan when they're added. Because it means another part of gameplay that I will avoid all together.

I was super excited when they announced the small telescopes, because I have been wanting those for years. But the new death means I will no longer use telescopes at all until someone makes a mod to get rid of the death. :lol:I'm a weird player though, I guess. I don't like watching sims die. Doesn't matter that they can be brought back to life. I just don't enjoy it happening. For some reason that isn't fun for me.

Well, I think it is weird that many people enjoy watching their Sims die. :blush: lol

Luckily there already is a mod from Zero! :smiley:
    You can find it here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/51864125
    It is called "Zero_Tweaks_BG_NoMeteoriteDeath"

And bienchen already made a mod, where you can use the new Telescope inside and on roofed balkonies, it's called "usesmalltelescopeinside" and you can find it here: https://bienchen.sems-own-world.de/de/misc-mods/

But I don't know if those two mods work together.

I'm excited for the pack to come out later!! :smiley:

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Is there a toggle cheat code to turn off Meteorite Death?

The only thing I can think of is this...
    death.toggle off

I was super excited when they announced the small telescopes, because I have been wanting those for years. But the new death means I will no longer use telescopes at all until someone makes a mod to get rid of the death. :lol:I'm a weird player though, I guess. I don't like watching sims die. Doesn't matter that they can be brought back to life. I just don't enjoy it happening. For some reason that isn't fun for me.

Well, I think it is weird that many people enjoy watching their Sims die. :blush: lol

Luckily there already is a mod from Zero! :smiley:
    You can find it here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/51864125
    It is called "Zero_Tweaks_BG_NoMeteoriteDeath"

And bienchen already made a mod, where you can use the new Telescope inside and on roofed balkonies, it's called "usesmalltelescopeinside" and you can find it here: https://bienchen.sems-own-world.de/de/misc-mods/

But I don't know if those two mods work together.

I'm excited for the pack to come out later!! :smiley:

Yay! Zero to the rescue! Thanks @mrs_starkey for sharing the mod link. I will definitely be adding that right away.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • catshltcatshlt Posts: 4 New Member
    > @simgirl1010 said:
    > Re frequency of death by meteorite.
    >
    > https://twitter.com/SimGuruNova/status/1536763822400098304?t=ELulc6LnKu6M9rLDG0QONA&s=19

This is total bs 😂 LOL I literally got the notification 3 times for this death in like 1 sim day of playing