Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Issues with new Sims 3 Game

Hey! So it's been a while since I've posted on the forums. Haven't been playing super consistently the past few years. Anyway, I just got a new computer! Super excited because I had my old one for a very long time and it wasn't working the best. I decided to download the Sims 3 on my new computer because it could run it a lot better than my old one. I haven't played the game in a hot second, so I'm really excited! Anyway, I download the game, go through the intro screens and everything seems to be working fine, but as soon as I get to the main menu issues start to pop up.

For one, I can't click on anything. I have to click on everything 2-3 times in a row at least for it to work. This happens for literally every button in the game. Then, once I got into the actual game, I tried to go into Create A Sim. The buttons for the categories (clothes, face, personality, etc., the ones on the left side of the screen) also weren't working. The only way I could access face and clothes was clicking on the sim themselves, but things like personality were completely inaccessible to me. I got frustrated and decided to come here for help.

I found an EA thread on this from 2020 where someone seemed to be having the same issue with double clicking but they claimed it went away on its own. I've been trying to get this to work for a while, so maybe I do just need to wait it out. Are these normal problems to be having with the new 64 bit version or is there a quick fix?