Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you make an enemy a friend?

How do you make an enemy living in the same household a friend? Friendly actions don’t seem to work, neither does apologizing.

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    I think it takes a while, you just need to keep on doing those friendly interactions and avoid further grievance.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,957 Member
    edited June 2022
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I think it takes a while, you just need to keep on doing those friendly interactions and avoid further grievance.

Every time they do a friendly exchange they get a red negative, and the relationship gets worse…… lol!
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,843 Member
    If they have any negative sentiments try staying out of each other's way for a few days until the sentiments wear off.
    If they have any negative sentiments try staying out of each other's way for a few days until the sentiments wear off.

Ok, I will try that,
    Anymore suggestions?
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Have you tried the apologise interaction?
    You may have to check each sim to find it. I am not sure if the interaction is locked behind charisma level, but I have used that and used friendly interactions to bring them back into each other's favour. Use gentle ones to start like Ask about day.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,339 Member
    Do you have Seasons? In the Surviving the Holidays scenario I managed to turn two enemies into friends by giving them the same weather preference and then spam talking about the weather interactions. It was almost cheaty. Also make sure nobody has Embarassed or Tense moodlets. Even if they are buried beneath Happy ones, they will still irritate your sim.
    edited June 2022
    @ModerateOsprey Yes, I tried having them each apologize to each other and doing friendly actions to each other, but each time it bring a red negative mark. I’m guessing because of the sentiment grudge that doesn’t doesn’t work

@EnkiSchmidt yes I do have seasons, I will see if giving them the same weather preference and then spamming that chat works….. and yes my sims did have negative moodlets behind the happy ones, but that’s going to be a difficult one as one of my sims is cheerful, and the other sim gets a negative buff from that.... rofl. If the weather thing doesn’t work, I will just try to keep them from talking to each other till the grudge sentiment wears off like @mightysprite suggested. Then trying the weather spamming.

Everyone thank you for the suggestions!

Hmm - maybe have to throw in the towel.. Divorce? It's not you, it's me? Murder?
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
    Hmm - maybe have to throw in the towel.. Divorce? It's not you, it's me? Murder?

They aren’t married, just wanted to try to get them to be friends, to complete the scenario.
    Was thinking maybe use it as a story opportunity somehow if you aren't getting anywhere with it.

I only had something like it once and I just happened to see what happened. One sim was suddenly mean to another sim for no reason that I could see. Took me a few sims days to sort it out.

Assuming it is a sentiment that is causing the negative reaction to friendly interactions then it might be just a case of waiting it out, though i know some sentiments can hang around a long time.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    Depending on the relationship, I had two sims who were enemies and taking selfies with each other seemed to help faster than anything without cheating the relationship
    Was thinking maybe use it as a story opportunity somehow if you aren't getting anywhere with it.

I only had something like it once and I just happened to see what happened. One sim was suddenly mean to another sim for no reason that I could see. Took me a few sims days to sort it out.

Assuming it is a sentiment that is causing the negative reaction to friendly interactions then it might be just a case of waiting it out, though i know some sentiments can hang around a long time.

After reading about sentiments I’m thinking I might just have to try to keep them somewhat separated, or try to get them to develop some type of positive sentiments. They are both active, so I may try to keep them a bit apart while developing fitness, then trying to have them do some mountain climbing and hiking together to see if that helps.

@wahini2024 i will try that too, Thankyou!