Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Better Alien/Mermaid/Plantsims please

Vampire, Spellcaster, and werewolf got a lot gameplay content and power. Hell! Werewolf toddler got own unique! Alien and Mermaid didn't got equal treatment. Plantsims is too misery. Mermaid don't have own crib :'(
Wish more Recipe/harvestable/woodwork/craftableWish live in businessWish more interactive between sims and activityWish a lot of refresh and Better resize pleaseWish for another colour upgrade swatchWish for pool sliderFix the bug please

Comments

• SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Here, here! I'd love to see Plantsims made into a real lifestate with a skill tree and everything. I think Merfolk and Aliens could use a refresh with some more CAS (ear and body fins, gills, and scales that aren't makeup or clothing items for Merfolk, new ear shapes, teeth, and eye types and maybe some "rubber forehead alien" type details for the face for aliens), and an actual skill tree for each. Also, we should get the option to link our alien sims' disguise form to their true form so that both forms resemble each other automatically like with Vampires, Merfolk, and now Werewolves, and choose to not even have an alternate human form for our aliens as well, like we can with Vampire dark forms.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • BoujieSimmerBoujieSimmer Posts: 50 Member
    I completely agree! I was so excited to finally have mermaids and was disappointed in their gameplay. They don't even have a Mermaid panel like Vampires and Spellcasters do. There's no incentive to gain more skills as a Mermaid. Once you become/create a mermaid, that's it, you have everything.

The same with Aliens. They could have had different interactions, only available to Aliens, while in Alien form. They don't have any objects in BB that I can remember. Aliens are literally regular sims.
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    Ararine wrote: »
    Vampire, Spellcaster, and werewolf got a lot gameplay content and power. Hell! Werewolf toddler got own unique! Alien and Mermaid didn't got equal treatment. Plantsims is too misery. Mermaid don't have own crib :'(

Mermaids also don't have their own tomb when all other occults have one. And plantsims have NOTHING. Not even genetics like in old games!

Both of these at least need to be given bassinets, tombs, and a permanent life state. Hopefully more gameplay too but can we at least get the basics please?
  • CangwenCangwen Posts: 220 Member
    Yeah, aliens and merfolk definitely need to be updated. Also, adding merperson as a gender neutral option would go a long way.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Yes please! I want ghosts to be updated too and I would also love hybrids. My vampire wants to learn alchemy.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Add ghosts to this list 😏
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    aliens yes but the rest no thank you since i rarely play occult and plant sims do not fit my game play
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Simmer_chiyenSimmer_chiyen Posts: 362 Member
    Regarding ghosts, I just want to quote my post from July 2020 again.
    Other than alien, mer-sim, plant-sim, and ghost, I think the life states in The Sims 4 are quite detailed and well-done. Here, I have some suggestions on how ghosts can be re-worked to appear full-fledged and logical.

Needs
    Ghosts shouldn’t have as many needs as regular sims. In my opinion, a ghost would only have Fun and Social needs. Other need-based actions should only be taken because of their death types, which brings us to the next point;

Actions / Animations
    Ghosts perform need-based actions such as eating, sleeping, or showers because of how they passed away. For example, a sim died from starvation would find something to eat when they appear, but the food would not affect the ghost in any way (See: Appearances). Moreover, ghosts would actively avoid or receive strong negative moodlets when exposed in certain situations, based on their death types. For instance, a drowned sim would avoid going into a pool or open water, and would get a +5 Tense moodlet when they do so.

Right now, ghosts would still route with doors in mind. I think ghost should use a direct-point method for routing since they can pass through solid materials. Their animations can also use some fine-tuning, as they still present the running and stair-walking animations like regular sims. I would suggest ghosts use the floating animation at all times when moving, only difference is their speed.

Appearances
    Since ghosts are no longer regular sims, I think their appearances should be locked-in as the day they passed. They should not become fat or lean because of over-eating or exercising. As the food pile is a base game debug object now, I believe it is the perfect time that eating or drinking anything for a ghost should create a food pile or puddle on the floor.

What do you think? Add onto the tread if you have more ideas for this life state!
  • EmpurressMeowMeowsEmpurressMeowMeows Posts: 9 New Member
    Plantsims yes...
  • EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    edited June 2022
    I would also like updated ghosts, plantsims, mermaids, & aliens. Plus, an updated Grim Reaper with an active playable career & skill set.
    Post edited by EternalSunshine on
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    #justiceforoccults
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Sure would be nice if Plantsims got a free update in the High School patch.

Then again, I want Bands in High School.

I'm not asking for Werewolf/Vampire levels - at least not for free. But making them genuinely different from human Sims would be nice
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.