Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moonwood Mill Builds

ยซ134
What do you plan to build in this new neighborhood?
11y01omgjfd9.jpg
Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,377 Member
    Nothing yet, I have to see and explore the world first.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    For at least one save, that open lot is going to become a rental campground.

After that, we shall see what I feel I need.
  • SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
    edited June 2022
    I think I will do a rental camping ground on the empty lot... And keeping the library and bar since they are tied to the lore and NPCs. But I need to think further...

Edit: @DaWaterRat Great minds think alike! :)
    Edit 2: Outdoor Retreat, Eco Lifestyle, City Living, Industrial Loft, Little Campers will go well with the Werewolves game pack, in term of gameplay and BB style.
    Post edited by Skyrryx on
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    For at least one save, that open lot is going to become a rental campground.

After that, we shall see what I feel I need.

Yesssss, that's perfect! Particularly since we also have the other starter home (once we evict those premades) on the lake.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited June 2022
    I've been planning a summer camp. There would be one adult sim living there and other families could send over kids or teens for a week to enjoy the outdoors. I think this would be a good world for it. I'm eyeing that 30x30 lot.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    edited June 2022
    I thought i would know once i see world but its still bit hard to tell what i saw and what i didn't

must be the foresty vibe i always get lost in granite falls forest too

I do think I am going to need 3 residentials though and I think i will end up rebuilding the lots yes :lol:

and I might do little switcheroo with library and one of the residentials so i can have big werehouse residential and bit more cozy dusty old library

like idk i feel like moonwood collective is more likely to hangout at library so itd make sense its closer to their turf

might do something about the bar but i think i will keep the bar part
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
    So I see one empty lot, the bar, the library, and one starter lot (with premades). Is that also a vacant residential lot at the top? It looks like it's either a nice home... or at the very least, that there's room for a nice home if we bulldoze that one.

I can work with that pretty well. Particularly if we can actually convert the library to something else, and it's not semi-mandatory because it's tied to Wolfgang and his lore. I'm not 100% sure what I'd do with it, but it would be nice to have the option to turn it into a community lot, retail lot, restaurant, etc. I might put a pin in that until I see what's feels like it's most needed in the neighborhood when I play.
    I do like that there are these "extra spaces" for the wolf hangout under the bar, and the pack spaces, even though I'm still not entirely sure how that works.
  • SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
    I will update the lots to be toddlers/kids friendly (adding bookshelves, activity tables, toys, swingset, sandpit, potty, etc.).
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I would like to know if I can demolish the library and bar without any pack consequences? I'm not at all happy that we may only have 3 lots to purpose as we please.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    if anyone got screens of lots those would be handy btw
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
  • Mr_MuffinTopMr_MuffinTop Posts: 131 Member
    I usually put at least 1 rental in every world, so one of these lots are going to be a rental of some sort, not sure if I'll make it like an airBnB, a pretty tourist trap or just a camp ground. I know this is a logging world but I already have outdoor retreat doing the realistic forest and camping theme so I was thinking of maybe doing caves and dark swamps. I've none of that in any of my worlds yet.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,848 Member
    I'll have to bulldoze everything and add a bar my families are mostly undecided.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I've got more ideas. I have a bar and a library in Glimmerbrook and don't want this world to be a copy of it. So how about making that library a community space, possibly market? The bar I might just keep though.
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    It depends on how much the lore is tied to the bar and library. I'd like to keep them but change which lots they're on, but not if it will mess up the lore.

Ideally I'd have the rebel pack and the bar lot on the island bit next to each other. Then the other side have the library and collective house. Then have one lot there for sims I want to create, a multi house lot with newbie/not yet turned werewolves who haven't chosen or don't want to choose a path. Maybe one stubborn wolf who won't pick a pack, and a diverse newbie group who have conflict and such.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I think I will end up leaving the bar in place as I do love the underground wolf lair. Now we know we can demolish the community lots without consequence I will, however, free up the library lot.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    I intend on dropping a cabin on that empty lot and make it a rental so sims can camp there.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    My plans are similar, but I'm gonna wait to see the world in full before deciding. But I was gonna turn that 20x15 into a rental campground since it looks closes to the lake and move whoever lives there into the 30x30 lot.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    edited June 2022
    Salim has had that tense "need a vacation" moodlet for a while now, so I think the Benali-Savalani family's introduction to Moonwood Mill will be a wrong turn while trying to go to a Granite Falls vacation. They stumble across a very, very run-down rental cabin. For Salim and Tanvi it's a lousy, or maybe funny, or maybe romantic-after-all messed-up vacation. (we'll see how they react.) For Laila it will be much more.

Obviously the first thing I need to do is build a very, very run-down rental cabin!!!!

• HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    My plan for the 30 by 30 is to make it a communinal home for the more rambuncous pack whose name I forgot. And by that I mean, start with tents and make additions as I go along.

I might also do some renovations of the werewolf bunker in the bar. Ever so slightly. I'll need to get a better look at it again but I felt it's style was heavily weighted towards the rough-n-tumble pack than the other and it's kinda meant to be a space for both.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited June 2022
    Well the biggest lot is gonna be for my haunted asylum which is run by a werewolf, gonna add some sort of rental too and edit the library to fit more to the asylums look, probly gonna edit my asylum too with some of the new werewolf stuff and make it more run down, not too much tho so it fits better into the world.
    The bar is gonna go on a different spot and the last spot is gonna residental.

I might turn the rental spot into something else later on, when my sims that I want to get bitten are done vacationing there, dont know what yet.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    I intend on dropping a cabin on that empty lot and make it a rental so sims can camp there.

im going to make a open campgrond
  • KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    I plan to move the family in the 40x30 out and turn that into my โ€œPack Houseโ€. Iโ€™m going to stick a writer who ends up with one of my pack members in the 20x15 lots and then just see where the gameplay takes me :)

Iโ€™m going to leave that bar and library for now. I may change the bar to the 30x30 and use that bigger lot for my pack house but only time will tell.
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I do plan to turn the library into a community lot and the bar into a nightclub. The other 3 lots I will do my own builds. I love it has a 20x15 lot i much prefer smaller lots to build on.
    edited June 2022
    At this point I'm thinking I'll probably leave the bar/werewolf hangout where it is, but I'll likely make a few renovations and updates. I will likely leave the library for a while, until I figure out what I need most in that space, but eventually it will be repurposed.

I love the idea of making the 30x30 a rental campground. I was originally thinking just tents, but I'm leaning toward making a small log cabin "visitor center" surrounded by tents.

I want to get a closer look at the 15x20 that's right on the water, but I will definitely be evicting the current household and then either starting my own sim there in that house or replacing it. Either way, I want it to keep that starter home/isolated rustic cabin kind of feel.

As for the 40x30, I need a closer look at that before I decide whether to renovate it or replace it. I know that I want to use that lot for my spellcaster-werewolf dynasty. My chaotic nature witch Iris is definitely going to fall in love with a werewolf and found a family of (hopefully!) both baby werewolves and spellcasters. The only wild card is that I hate to kick Khristofer out, so he may continue to live there with them as well, which is awkward, because I'm also planning for have Iris have a relationship with him first before she marries another werewolf. She may also have a baby with Khristofer first. So, drama! But eventually they will be one big happy blended family. Her eventual mate (the outdoorsy archaelogist/art critic sim I came up with in a differernt thread) will also have started off in the 15x20 lot, so once they all move in to the big lot, that will free up the starter home for someone new.