Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Children's content

SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
edited June 2022 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I was making a family the other day and noticed how little clothing content there is for children compared to adult sims. I have all the current packs for sims 4, but don’t use CC. I wish they would make some kits for children's and toddlers clothing.. And I wish they would put more children and toddlers clothing in game packs and expansions packs as well. Also we need bikes and trikes, skateboards, scooters, push toys and and pull toys and ride on toys for children/toddlers. More toys in general! Seeing how few clothes there are for these age groups remind me why I don’t play with them as much in the sims 4 as teenager through elders. I was so happy to see the little campers kit come out, I hope the pack does so well that they keep putting more content out for children (and toddlers). A good amount of people play with aging off most of the time, and we need more content for the youth. I’m kind of glad teens are the same height as adults because at least they have more clothes they can wear. And please give us real babies and content for them!

Comments

• Options
    KiaraRainKiaraRain Posts: 1 New Member
    Dear Sims developers! Please make the children playable! I don’t know why they are not, but you are taking away ‘the meaning of life and family life’ experience by not allowing children to be playable and to be played with by other children. It looks so creepy and dull just having little people that don’t do anything in the background. And please for Gods sake bring the teens back!

The point of this virtual world was TO HAVE A FULL VIRTUAL WORLD. You can do better!
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    It's Hollow the children, toddler, and infants are hollow if it weren't for the toddlers and children stuff pack the clothing would be even more limited and we have a kids kit CAS but again it's even more limited and when we get a expansion or game pack the kids get less or no clothes options at all. I've been saying for a while that's why I wanted an education expansion pack for more after school activities like Ballet, Sports. Even have the option to play tag, play Ms. Mary Mack it's like the Sims 4 literally only thought of YA like that could been in growing together then they put best friends but how when the kids don't really communicate with one another unless the player forces it. Same thing with toddlers and infants we have to force a play date for toddlers to get to know each other but that's for an adult that has to know the toddler and toddlers never go out so we have to make the adult get to know the toddler to have a playdate...ok.
  • Options
    DarrellRBeebeDarrellRBeebe Posts: 663 Member
    I would love for kids to be kids, too, and I agree that we need the games kids used to play in other iterations of the Sims back. Mary Mack, like you mentioned, cops and robbers, Marco Polo in the pool, etc. I also am advocating for the return of the Sims 2 Open For Business Toy making bench so our SIms can make toys for the little ones and open a toy shop. The Sims 3 toymaking machine was "meh" because it didn't show our Sims actually crafting the toys, and I thought it felt hollow. Or if nothing else, create a new category on the woodworking bench called "toys" and add some things there. Let our handy Sims have more to create. Kids need more love, and the recent EP was nice but it didn't even scratch the surface of what kids content could or should include.
    Here's another thought - costumes! Kids dress up in costumes for play dates or just to play around the house in with siblings, parents or by themselves. They were given shockingly few outfits in the Spooky Stuff pack (and why oh why can't a child initiate a Spooky Day party?!?) and subsequent releases did little to rectify that omission. Superhero costumes, monster costumes, career costumes like doctor's and scientists lab coats, firefighter and police costumes, Indiana Jones/Jurassic Park style adventurer outfits would all be cute. And Toddlers and Infants need Spooky Day costumes!!!
  • Options
    熊猫酱奈熊猫酱奈 Posts: 7 New Member
    I hope that children can have festive socks during the Winter Festival, and then they can hang them anywhere in the house. When Grandpa Winter comes, they will automatically put random gifts in the socks, while adults need to have a holiday tree, and Grandpa Winter will also automatically put them in the socks. Put the presents in the tree. Citizens without trees can also ask Father Winter for gifts. When Grandpa Winter leaves, he can leave from the chimney, or families without smoke can still leave from the fireplace
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited May 2023
    I think there are quite some players who only play (young) adult Sims, so I can see why the other age groups are somewhat neglected. I wish it we're different, though, as I always play families. I got the kids clothing kit to show that it was the direction I desired. I'd definately buy an infant or toddler kit, but after all the complaints about the infant patch and that some of the infant stuff was reserved to Growing Together, they are probably afraid of the backlash (like "This should have been in the patch / in Growing Together and the Team deliberately held it back for the kit. What a cash grab.")
    It's not easy being EA.
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    It's definitely not easy being EA in this regard, I agree. I do play families, only my focus is not on the nurturing aspect, but on the fun stuff families can do together, like camping trips. That's why part of GrT is very enticing for me (teach to bike, mementos, tree houses), while I view the whole infant gameplay as annoying and would rather avoid adding it to my game. So it's not just the struggle between balancing releases between the wishes of family players and YA players (or occult versus realism, or contemporary versus retro settings), but also taking into account the hybrid players.

I really like the idea with the socks @熊猫酱奈 mentioned.
  • Options
    It's not easy being EA however past games in this franchise had child related content how can games in the past bring so much then present game??? That doesn't look good at all.
  • Options
    DarrellRBeebeDarrellRBeebe Posts: 663 Member
    Rose colored glasses, I'm afraid. If you look in forums for the Sims 3 and no doubt the Sims 2, you would find the same complaints over and over again. I know because I complained long and loudly about the horrible state of Sims 3 toddlers and children myself. These ages were woefully under-developed and couldn't do ANYTHING half the time. Toddlers especially couldn't even click on an adult Sim and socialize with them, if memory serves. Almost all meaningful socialization had to be initiated by the adult. Children in the Sims 3 couldn't play the piano, even, or ride the horses even though I know many children growing up who took horse riding lessons. In some respects, Sims 4 is a child and toddler paradise compared to the Sims 3, but still very lacking on others. We are DEFINITELY missing things from the past like hopscotch, jump rope, mary mack and cops and robbers, the kite, tag, the costume trunk ... The kids don't act like kids when they're together, that's for sure, and Growing Together should have been the place to start fixing this.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    @DarrellRBeebe: I couldn't agree more.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I also play mainly family style gameplay and I totally agree that there is not enough for kids to do together. I wish they would bring back tag. I think it's disappointing that kids don't have the option to ride bikes together. I'm also tired of the two highly themed playground sets we have. I would like the ability to build my own and have some more basic backyard options. The ability for kids to play soccer together would be nice.
    I do a lot of vacations to take advantage of the activities that we do have.
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    Oh and definitely we need more spooky day stuff for kids. The lack of children's costumes is not right and children can't go trick or treating.
  • Options
    MichelleW wrote: »
    I also play mainly family style gameplay and I totally agree that there is not enough for kids to do together. I wish they would bring back tag. I think it's disappointing that kids don't have the option to ride bikes together. I'm also tired of the two highly themed playground sets we have. I would like the ability to build my own and have some more basic backyard options. The ability for kids to play soccer together would be nice.
    I do a lot of vacations to take advantage of the activities that we do have.

Thank you I said in another that I'm sick of the two playground we had since base game why not a castle play ground or even a non themed playground, I want kids to play tag, play Ms Mary Mack. Marco Polo in the pool. Play make believe dress up.