Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Glitch in game:

Has anyone encountered this glitch before? I don't even know what to call it but it's there all the time. I used the tool mod to remove the canvases once, but they came back.

AVvXsEjEe7qAf0Bu0qqBjHv7qY-FmMmddiUdayCdvp4rNQjcvHMWP6HKOQAJmY4mpcGUuWszRu5uS4Ec_F5CeTrqO4Q0ScRBzz5FwE1OpZBRIVYZuwTfcyDmeZ3Y7Hkld4bAmXvRBDd5BLWkXQnU4EvA3UUqDuEZOHurtOwUfKiuIRQFPrCXYgfTuzLTYmIpIQ=w640-h356
Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Have you tried to upload the lot and then re-download it?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,035 Member
    I haven't, but that's a great idea. It's Darby's Den, and I have my reno of that in my library already so that would be easy. I'll try it in the morning. Here is keeping my fingers crossed that it works!
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    Isn't Darby's Den where the art society event happens? That's my only idea

• Options
    Yes it is, and I've already figured out that these canvases are from that event. I just don't know why they are floating midair when there is no gathering. Come to think of it, when going to the spice festival, a lot of things that should be there at the fleemarket was visible too, so maybe it's not just connected to the lot itself.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    I don't have mods in my game but I wonder if maybe your tool mod needs to be updated? or some other mod?

• Options
    edited June 2022

Unfortunately that didn't help, they are still there, and it's not only in Darby's den either. This is the spice district:

AVvXsEiQMaeAVClTn99eEdG8PSrsYJhL81xobYfiG8QLKnpEPih52OzeEBRq3FHmHblRhMi_JYs9PpZMCAtnrfsOeIKLH-Z1L6_r24wgH2u3N1BwoEoBVtmkIXfXmT8ys9clwYM4j0L3rFQT989blbRr7inYrUsjp_jDNtf8qRWJE9ujuqGLpvbNnodvy1qAbQ=w640-h426
    I don't have mods in my game but I wonder if maybe your tool mod needs to be updated? or some other mod?

I do try to keep my mods up to date, but to make sure I did remove tool, better buildbuy and all sister mods, and it did nothing to change things. Then I turned off all other mods and cc just to be sure it wasn't another one and the problem still remains. It seems to be a glitch in the save itself as it's items that would normally be invisible when not in use by the game (art event, flee market) that is now visible all the time.

Anyone else who encountered this glitch? If so is there a fix? (Note: I have tried repairing the game).
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    JAL wrote: »

Unfortunately that didn't help, they are still there, and it's not only in Darby's den either. This is the spice district:

AVvXsEiQMaeAVClTn99eEdG8PSrsYJhL81xobYfiG8QLKnpEPih52OzeEBRq3FHmHblRhMi_JYs9PpZMCAtnrfsOeIKLH-Z1L6_r24wgH2u3N1BwoEoBVtmkIXfXmT8ys9clwYM4j0L3rFQT989blbRr7inYrUsjp_jDNtf8qRWJE9ujuqGLpvbNnodvy1qAbQ=w640-h426

I do try to keep my mods up to date, but to make sure I did remove tool, better buildbuy and all sister mods, and it did nothing to change things. Then I turned off all other mods and cc just to be sure it wasn't another one and the problem still remains. It seems to be a glitch in the save itself as it's items that would normally be invisible when not in use by the game (art event, flee market) that is now visible all the time.

Anyone else who encountered this glitch? If so is there a fix? (Note: I have tried repairing the game).

Is it not possible to discard the canvases? Or put a portable bonfire under them?
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Maybe a game repair will fix it?
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Is it not possible to discard the canvases? Or put a portable bonfire under them?

As everything is off lot, you need cheats to delete them, but I used TOOL to do it, and it worked - until the next time I went back on the lot. Then they were back again. As for discarding them, you cannot interact with them in any way. It's like the sim doesn't see that they are there. Same for most of the objects on the square, save for the sofas, the sims can interact with those and sit on them.
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Maybe a game repair will fix it?

Tried that as one of the first things I did.
  • Options
    KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    Have you tried TwistedMexi's 'All Cheats'? Should delete them with no problem.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Options
    KyreRoen wrote: »
    Have you tried TwistedMexi's 'All Cheats'? Should delete them with no problem.

I have that one, and it's not deleting them that's the problem. I can do that. They respawn however.
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    There must be spawners for the events in that area. Is maybe why they appear. Not sure if mc has a way too see the spawners though.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    JAL wrote: »

Two other things you might try, no guarantees. Do a game repair (remove your mods folder, first). If that doesn't do it, do a game Folder refresh. Rename your Game Folder (from your Documents) by adding _Old, for instance, and then start your game. A whole new folder will regenerate. Play the game for a bit to see if the problem still exists. If no, replace the new saves folder with the current one you've been playing. Same with the Tray folder and you're on your way. Best of luck. These hanging objects are worse than a hanging chad … Oh, I just remembered I had some floating plates and I had my Sim clean up, by clicking on one of them. They're gone.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Two other things you might try, no guarantees. Do a game repair (remove your mods folder, first). If that doesn't do it, do a game Folder refresh. Rename your Game Folder (from your Documents) by adding _Old, for instance, and then start your game. A whole new folder will regenerate. Play the game for a bit to see if the problem still exists. If no, replace the new saves folder with the current one you've been playing. Same with the Tray folder and you're on your way. Best of luck. These hanging objects are worse than a hanging chad … Oh, I just remembered I had some floating plates and I had my Sim clean up, by clicking on one of them. They're gone.

With my game folder do you mean the main one, named "The Sims 4"?
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    Hmmm. The left over things sort of remind me of the old bug where if you left a festival early the stuff wouldn't go away. And when the next festival happened that stuff would spawn on top of the old festival stuff & you couldn't really do anything. Really hope that bug (or a varient) isn't starting to creep back in.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    edited June 2022
    yeah all kinds of things get stuck off lot cause there isn't way to delete objects off lot for player which is mega annoying

wish they'd give cheat at least to destroy object

are you sure you can't remove these paintings in live mode tho through scrap painting thing or if they are complete buying them?

or if you have RoM you could try inferniating them i guess as that worked for some glitchy levitating plants for me before

unsure if there is destroy object mod or something around as i play vanilla
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »
    yeah all kinds of things get stuck off lot cause there isn't way to delete objects off lot for player which is mega annoying

wish they'd give cheat at least to destroy object

Yes definitely. I'd love having more control over these off lot places overall. Put a playground in, move a table, remove floating things that annoy me. I get that we can't get full editing rights, but some?
    are you sure you can't remove these paintings in live mode tho through scrap painting thing or if they are complete buying them?

or if you have RoM you could try inferniating them i guess as that worked for some glitchy levitating plants for me before

unsure if there is destroy object mod or something around as i play vanilla

Yes I have tried. I even cheated them away but they respawned. Right now I'm solving it by not travelling to the lot. As I have no one in uni at the moment it works for now. The flea market one is starting to annoy me more though, as the flea market doesn't seem to be triggered while its there and I have thoughts of moving one of my sims there soon. I'm hoping I'll have a solution before then though.

• Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member

I can confirm that this has worked for me, as well. I had some stuck levitating fruit caused by a tree that spawned off lot, that my sim could not access. Since he’s a Spellcaster, I had him cast inferniate, which created an awesome floating fireball before destroying the problem fruit.