Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Legacy-Bachelor Challenge II: RAMONE *10/08/2023*

Comments

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    @Queenarella don't worry I didn't have to rewrite much, it's just annoying when this happens.
    I heard that there is a hidden skating skill so even if a sim has high fitness skill they should still be falling all the time if they haven't skated before.

Yeah Vivian has the romantic trait so that will be it!

I hate the workaholic lifestyle. I like the job performance boost that it gives but the tense moodlets are annoying. They get tense from not being employed after they quit their job and start a new one!

Ok now I really want to know what is gonna go down.

Ah that's annoying. Jokes can be so dependent on language! I'm curious to know what some of your 'gross' jokes in German are though.
  • QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    @MaggieMarley It's kinda funny tho that it happened to both of us within two weeks :D (Writing this comment I notice the buttons go grey and then back to blue. Maybe it is saving drafts now?)
    Oh hm. Then I wonder if Judith has been skating in secret all this time :D

Oh that makes sense then. I tend to not look at the traits of contestants because I don't trust myself :joy: Don't want to influence the challenge subconsiously. (I hope that's the right word. Too lazy to look it up :D )

It makes sense for them to get tense when they have no job for a while but when they just came back from work and they get this tense moodlet I want to smack my head on the desk -.-

No spoilers :)

German gross jokes can be very nasty :D Most people don't like them. I guess that's why I always think your jokes in the challenge aren't bad.
    @Queenarella I haven't had it crash when I'm on my computer but I was on my phone when no draft got saved :(
    Oh right sorry for telling you one of Vivian's traits! I always peek at the traits of the contestants to help me write their dialogue but your way makes sense too. Also yep subconsciously seems to be the right word there!

but I love spoilers!!! :D (I understand though, I'll be patient)

Haha fair enough. I bet I'd still find them funny though ;)
    @MaggieMarley Oh that's unfortunate! Typing on the phone takes even longer than typing on a computer :#
    Nah it's totally fine! With traits more showing in the sims now it's sometimes more obvious what traits a sim has without even peaking :D

Ok, if you don't mind spoilers, I'll PM it to you :)

Too bad the jokes usually get lost in translation :/ And also, the forum would censore them :joy:
    Day 14
    You're so nice to leave the contestants with a table tennis table. I didn't even leave mine with that :D

Oh wow go Vivian, she actually managed to win this challenge! That is fitting for her since she is into art!

Haha the lactose intolerant trait is hilarious. Amora in my game is always eating lactose and farting. So dumb.

Nice, mixing it up with blue crystals rather than roses. I like it! Annoying that the game decided to put them in boxes though. I wonder if there's a blue flower that Mo could give the contestants?

Azure is sooo gorgeous in that purple dress!

I really hated it when some of the contestants didn't like receiving a rose in my game as it makes their relationship points with the bachelor/ette take a hit. I managed to get around it by using the 'give romantic gift' option and putting lots of flirty lamps around. It seems that if sims are in a flirty mood they will ALWAYS like receiving a romantic gift, so you can avoid any relationship damage.

Mo's face when he is giving Vivian that gift is so cute. And phew I'm relieved that she isn't going home this time!

Sad to see Plumeria go though, she was one of my faves :(
  • IrishsongIrishsong Posts: 1,754 Member
    edited July 2022
    Day 3
    Aw, Wren, you're too good for Malcom! But I guess old money marries old money... You'll have very blonde kids.

Day 4
    I'm looking forward to who wins. I hope it's Azure. She's so nice and purple.
    Post edited by Irishsong on
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    G1 D4:
    Laughing at the absurdity of Valentina's painting being so worthless it was valued at $7. As well as her reaction to the gift in the box and breaking the lack of free will to use the toilet. Also laughing at Vivian being a fart factory. Sad to see Plumeria leave, especially since she was at a disadvantage arriving late.
    @MaggieMarley
    I'm not sure but I think I deleted it at some point :sweat_smile:

It would've been embarassing if she lost as a painter :p

Sims don't pick lactose free options on free will. So awful! And then they fart 24/7 and blame it on someone else :D At first I thought Veronica was a slob.

I know there's the bluebell. The thing is, I'm already playing the legacy part. And the kids are teens so I could already start the heir poll :joy: But the kids aren't blue. They have the skin colour from their mom :)

Azure really looks stunning in that dress!

Yeah that's so annoying! As soon as the flirting started I changed to romantic gift too. I think the disliking has never happened again.

I would say "she won the challenge, of course she didn't go home" but day 1 showed us too well that talking can turn badly with Mo :D

Plumeria was so sweet! But Mo kept yelling at her on day 2 and their relationship didn't grow fast enough after that :/

@Irishsong
    Hahaha, yes, Wren is way too good for him! I don't keep track this time but I remember the MCCC notification saying something about her having kids. I think she's got 2 by now :)

Mo came to earth to meet humans and then he might end up with a quarter-alien ^^

@VanPelt81
    It's the very first time a sim in my game failed this hard on a painting :joy: It must be connected to the high maitenance trait.

Veronica is a bit gross with all the farting. And she ALWAYS blames it on someone else :D

It's really sad Plumeria had to go :/ Well, looking at day 1 she might not have had a disadvantage :D Her conversation with Mo on day 2 (the 1 hour makeup session) was postive. Mo yelling at her on free will was the actual problem :(

As I've got more time on my hand and as I could start the heir poll already (not kidding here), I'll try to post more chapters a week :) (And I'll probalby post one later today)
    @Queenarella
    Yeah it's so dumb. Amora in my game would always eat lactose on free will and then make herself sick. I've had the same with vegetarian sims and meat.

Wow you're even further ahead than I am with my current generation! I only have one teen (out of 5 kids) - although the second child will be a teen in like 1 day I guess. Ohh that is so weird. Can the kids do the secret alien handshake that half alien sims can usually do? Sounds like a game glitch because sims are always meant to have the skin colour of their alien parent so they should have Mo's blue skin... Unless of course Azure won. In that case, it would make sense for them to have their Mum's skin tone because Azure has an alien skintone so hers and Mo's kids could end up being purple. Ok, I'm calling it now: Azure wins!

I've had sims dislike romantic gifts before but never when they're in a flirty/very flirty mood and putting some love lamps around makes them very flirty so they always like the romantic gifts then.
    @MaggieMarley
    And also the same with fish and merfolks. They get sad when they eat fish because fren... :neutral:

I should really try the secret alien handshake. I didn't know about it, or more like, I forgot about it :D Well, you know the other glitch I've told you about :sweat_smile: Maybe another glitch happened? And Melissa also had a glitched skin tone, remember? :p

At some point I did pout love lamps around. Forgot to turn them on. Kept them around and turned them on so I guess I used them without thinking about them :sweat_smile:

I'm seriously so bad. I said I would post a new chapter today and then got busy doing... I have no idea what I did. Time went by so fast. It's only 5.30 so I can still push one out :)
    And here it is, a new chapter:

G1.D5: Rainy Times
    @Queenarella
    My mermaids have never got sad from eating fish! I think it's only sims with the 'child of the ocean' (or whatever it's called) trait who get sad when they eat fish and a lot of people do give their mermaids that trait.

True, could be another glitch... I still kinda want to believe that Azure wins though. I think they look so lovely together, purple and blue <3

I think that love lamps will still give a flirty moodlet even if they are switched off so long as you've enabled their emotional aura? I use love lamps way too much in my bachelor/ettes haha.

Day 5
    I mean, given how often sims get struck by lightning I'd be scared too!

Having a group convo in the hot tub is such a great idea. Can't believe I haven't done this before.

Poor Veronica :D

Veronica: "you don't even notice my lactose intolerance in the hot tub" - I can't :D

Vivian with the umbrella inside... Sims are so thick sometimes

The farting queen - LOL

The moment I saw you ordered pizza I thought of Veronica and she didn't disappoint

I don't think that farting lowers relationships no - good for Veronica

Au revoir to gorgeous Valentina
    G1 D4:
    Noire is getting her snark on with both Vivian and Farty McFartbutt. :D
    At this point, the question is how long until Veronica does something like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7l6jg4Hlog
    @MaggieMarley
    To be fair, I can't remember if the sims who got sad about eating fish had this trait. Might be tho.

Azure has the exact same colours as your avi sim :p

Oh yeah, I meant the emotional aura thing ^^ I forgot to turn that on at first.

My sims always get struck by lighnting but none of them has ever died. That reminds me: I asked on the thread about the death score and no answer :'(

I've done this way too often and it's easier than in the hot spring :p (Considering the glitch might still be there)

The umbrella inside thing happens sooooo often! Why? :D

Veronica always farts, then blames it on someone else :D

Well, this time it was my own fault for making her eat cheese pizza. Pizza actually but there's always cheese on pizza.

I wonder if people would avoid a constant farter in real life. Probably when they are smelly?

Well, Valentina is better off without a founder. Just imagine the drama living on a lot with no walls :sweat_smile:

@VanPelt81
    Hahaha, I was honestly expected a toilet failure at some point. No spoiler if it happened or not :p
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    Lmao this is hilarious
    Veronica turned into the fart queen😂 well, she already was back in my own legacy challenge, its nice to see she stays to her true self 😋

Enjoying the chapters a lot!
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    edited July 2022
    @Queenarella

I love the purple alien skin tones so much!

I think you have to be struck by lightning twice in a row to have a chance of dying from it - you either die or temporarily get the ability to summon lightning. I've only had a sim get struck twice once and he got the lightning ability so I got lucky!

I saw that you asked on the thread and no reply. They KEEP adding new deaths to the game (more in the HSY pack too) so the 10 original base game deaths would seek fair for the point. Might be worth leaving a comment and asking on the official legacy site though?

Also I just realised something
    Since Alyssa drowned to death in my game, I guess I don't need to trap any townies in a pool on my lot if I end up going for the death's bonus point haha

They should seriously have added more lactose free options to the game like cheese free pizza.

I forget are you starting with no funds at all?
    @Skeilah There are a lot of funny and crazy moments ^^
    I didn't get that it's her trait that made her fart all the time. Now I know ^^

Thank you :)

@MaggieMarley
    Purple skin with blue hair looks amazing too!

You're lucky then! My sims only get struck once and if there was a second one, they'd probably die :joy:

Hm, I think I'll just go with ten deaths (not even only the original ones) because that's already hard to achieve. Oh, even more deaths? :D And people worry about shooter games... :#

A bit morbid but yes, you can definitely count it. It doesn't say anywhere that the deaths must be from the family >:) (Why do I picture Vlad doing all this and enjoying it way too much?)

The quick meals have a lactose free option but those are bad for your sims. With University they got the bad moodlet for eating too much of that stuff. Before that my sims ONLY got to eat that :D Now they cook. And my adults keep getting the healthy food lifestyle or the only divine food one.

No, I started with 1,800 Simoleons. I considered starting with 0 and on the 50x40 lot in Newcrest but decided to do it the traditional way.
    edited July 2022
    @Queenarella
    hmm I'm actually not sure what the chances of dying after being struck by lightning twice are. Maybe it's 50/50?

That sounds reasonable! I will maybe go for the 10 deaths point next gen too. And oh yeah the 10 deaths will definitely not be from the family (lol can you imaginedoing the 10 kids in 1 gen point and killing each one off in a different way once they got to YA for the 10 deaths point? You'd then need to raise an 11th child to be heir of course). I will murder a lot of townies.

I started with 0 simoleons in winter because I wanted the bonus point... But I don't get a bonus point because the lot I picked isn't big enough for the point :(

New chapter
    Ahh stop it you are making me want the wedding pack! The world is so pretty.

Haha I am not romantic either and hate writing 'romance' dialogue so I sympathise. But I think you do a good job of it and you keep it funny too which I love.

Now I need to go to CAS with Vlad and see what he looks like in a gown lol.

Mo saying he would sweep Vivian off her feet with a broom... I love it! Poor boy doesn't know how to flirt.

Did you give Mo the playeer trait so that the contestants wouldn't get jealous? I always just turn jealousy off with MCCC during the bachelor/ette.

Ayyy long live the love lamps! Haha oh dear you didn't turn on the emotional aura... Well, maybe they will act as a placebo anyway?

On the free will snogging: it only seems to happen once sims have quite a high romance bar already. Being very flirty also helps but you definitely need the romance bar to be high enough.

Yay Vivian survives another day! But why on earth is she pulling that face? You are right, the Vlad genes are obvious there!

Awww sad to see Wolfgang go :( at least he escapes having to get pregnant!
    @MaggieMarley
    50/50 sounds like a reasonable chance to die by lightning. Have you tried the meteor death yet? I wonder if it's hard to achieve or more like the Murphy bed one (tho I've never tried it :D )

Believe it or not, I had the same idea about the kids (or at least the ones you won't add to the heir poll) for the deaths score :# I considered it too brutal/morbid to type it out tho :joy: Hm, maybe I'll just kill off my elders once they annoy me :D I don't want all these townie ghosts raging at my sims. Or I'll just gift their urns to random other sims :joy:

Yeah I remeber that struggle :/ You only get the point if it's also a 64x64 lot, right? Would your computer even handle a legacy on such a huge lot?
    The world is pretty but also kinda boring... The CAS tho... WOW :love: All these pretty dresses!

Thank you :) I always cringe when I write romantic stuff because I'm really bad at it.

Torture him with a gown as his daily outfit :joy: With matching lipstick, of course!

Maybe aliens aren't able to flirt? ^^ Who knows how the match making process works on his planet :p

Yes, I gave him the player trait some days before day 6 actually when I planned to start flirting :) I can't remember where I found it in MCCC tho... Something with cheats and sims info maybe?

The lamps didn't work as a placebo, unfortunately. Tho I noticed my mistake quite early and turned them on constantly at that point >:)

Yeah the snogging wouldn't happen at this early stage but maybe a bit of flirting on free will would've been nice ^^

Vivian didn't like the rose :D

It would've been so funny to see him pregnant tho ^^ I love it when male sims are the child bearer.
    G1.D6
    Noire: Wait, you’re a girl? I actually prefer di…

That response had me laughing for a few minutes. Also, surprised by the lack of farts from Veronica. I can see why Mo thought it might have been Vera there.
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    new chapter
    Veronica should probably give this picture to Mo so he's rest assured that he won't mix Vera with Veronica xD

RkIY0E4.png

I mean, if ANYONE looks a bit like Veronica, it's Maverick :')

Sad to see Wolfgang go! I almost saw a pattern, that Mo likes short hair, but I guess the power of being purple helps for Azure ^^
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    @Queenarella
    I have not tried the meteor death yet. I'm actually not really sure how that one works, do they need to be looking through a telescope or sky gazing or something? My sims have never slept in a Murphy bed either because I am terrified that they'll die haha

I'm glad it wasn't just me who had that thought haha. I know that some people kill each baby daddy that they use in the 100 baby challenge but killing your actual kids seems worse! With the sims that have died on my lot who aren't part of the family I put the urn in the family inventory so that the ghosts don't come out at night.

Yeah for some reason it has to be 64 X 64 which seems really unfair due to the fact that most computers probably can't handle a lot that size very well. I have a pretty good computer but I don't think it'd like to be playing for so long on a lot that big. I mean, I had to downsize the family's house last gen due to extreme lag and even now the lag can be pretty bad. So, I'm glad that I didn't go for the 64 X 64 lot.
    I do like the MWS CAS too... It seems to have some really nice hairs also.

Nah you're not bad at it. And anyway overly romantic dialogue can be a bit cringe, I like the way you do it.

I think Vlad has suffered enough in my game honestly :D I will let the poor dude keep his black trench coat haha

I guess aliens don't need to flirt if they can just abduct prospective partners instead!

I don't think I've ever given any of my sims the player trait but yeah I think you can add traits with MCCC in the sims info section. Not totally sure as I always use the option to turn jealousy off in MC Woohoo instead.

With the autonomous flirting, it'll usually happen in my game if they feel very flirty and have a romance bar already. Can take a bit of waiting for it to happen though. Maybe it'll work another time?

Aw no Vivian! I bet that didn't help her relationship with Mo.
    @VanPelt81
    I love it when some of my weird jokes make people laugh! :)

I swear, that was the only day where Veronica didn't fart :D

@Skeilah
    What a lovely picture! :love: Wait, Vera is a male name? I only know it as a female name :sweat_smile:

Wait, there were mainly short haired sims left? I totally missed that! :o

@MaggieMarley
    There will NEVER be a Murphy bed for my legacy sims because that death seems to be way too common... :sweat_smile: Hm, good question. I saw on Instagram that there's a meteor death but I've never researched it. In sims 3 that death was brutal tho. I had a sim at university and a meteor hit one of the buildings with a lecture going on. All the sims ran outside to die :#

Why do they kill the baby daddies? My last legacy founder had that mischief aspiration where he had to witness a sim die. He ended up with the urn in his inventory. I gave it away as a gift :joy:

My computer already struggles with the 50x50 lot. A 64x64 lot is for the best of the best computers only, I guess. But as far as I remember, you're allowed to move your family ONCE. So maybe you can start on a 64x64 and once it's the next generation's turn, move to a 50x50. Might work for your computer, mine would strike :D It's a pity because the 64x64 lot in Brindelton Bay is lovely.
    Yeah the hair is cute too :)

When it's sounds like a sonnet by Shakespeare it's too cringe :D

Your 100 baby challenge included or not? :joy: To be fair, he suffered a lot there :joy: (less than the toddlers tho)

Just imagine a scenario on an alien planet: "Mom, I got knocked up because the neighbours' boy abducted me!" - "I TOLD YOU TO IGNORE THE LIGHT!" :joy:

I'll try to find that option next time. Sounds easier to me :) Tho I really struggle to find anything in the mod setup stuff. It's a lot better now but I still fail.

I guess the sims should get to flirt a lot earlier to get that done then :) I need to change my bachelor/ette parts a bit I guess :) (no woohoo tho because risky woohoo :# )

I think after this chapter I started with romantic gifts and also the lamps aura being turned on 24/7 :)