Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Family orientated 100 baby challenge

Comments

• mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited June 2022
    @SoulGal7 What an AweSim beach family pic <3 Derek needs to go for a nice swim to get rid of that jog dirt LOL Gosh Dillon calm down dude, your little siblings need that dollhouse !! A lovely day out at the beach is just what they all need. Oh my gosh Greta is not even trying to hide her attraction there hahaha luky Derek. Oh no Bob Pancakes eaten by a cowplant, that is tragic. I have the neighbourhood stories on and I also unfavourite the households when they reach 8. I think if they are favoured then the game keeps them alive. I thought it would be good for variety in my game. I have not checked for an urn yet.

@Rawla a puppy, aww, they are super hard work, my huntaway literally ate my house when she was teething as a puppy, we had to replace several of our deck planks and even the door entrance wood had to be replaced.

@Dinkus83 Your families have so much fun, mine is robotic at home skilling up and moving out hahahaha. Ooh Dane has a super nice house. You spoil your children. Them pesky gnomes, I am not brave enough LOL Welcome little baby Hayden …. And Hudson, what is up with the multiples in our thread all of a sudden. Fertility gods looking in on our thread.

@imelfamily Hi there, You can’t post photo’s yet until you become a full member, we will keep on liking your posts and you should post often too for post count. You will be a member in no time, but in the mean time you can post image links and I can repost them to show your pics. Your family sounds amazing, gosh on baby number six already, way to go :)

@Dinkus83 thanks for the lovely comments <3 I love all your ideas, a family reunion sounds a bit busy. You all are so kind to your kids when they leave the house, if they leave the house by me they are on their own LOL.

@Rawla love your family pic <3 6 babies, you are on the roll :)

@all. I am just doing a bit of housecleaning then I will load my game up. I think if I remember correctly Penny is close to completing her last skill requirement, but Oscar still needs to go to school once or twice for that A. I like to age everyone up the same time, so they will just have to patiently wait until the last kid reaches all their goals. My teens get the A pretty fast since they start with a B. I wish it was implemented that children would start with B’s if they did well with skills, now that would be worth it to work on those skills then.
    Okies so I am in a bit of shock right now :o

Nathan came home from school and was embarrassed. He asked Ann a question and her reply was that he will always be her little boy, and from there he aged up very embarrassed. I then moved him out, thinking all of that will go away, you know young adult now, new life and so on. Well yeah that did not happen. He died :(

zgRot8n.png

Jemma tried to beg for her brother's life
    xgD1RhM.png

But Grim took his life with no mercy :(
    pW82mvb.png

I need a cup of coffee before I return home to age the rest of them up, I can't believe how the game turned on me. Next time I will work on the embarrassment first before aging up
    Yeah well that was a very sad aging up :(
    The Atkins family as they are now, minus the smiling in the portrait.
    tEXI59b.png
    Oscar is a sad teen
    qB49Fze.png

Penny is a sad child
    CvzAEdc.png

Quincy is a sad toddler
    v7slKty.png

Baby number 17 was born
    Introducing little Rosie Atkins <3
    10S95bV.png
    vzUjXAe.png
  • Dinkus83Dinkus83 Posts: 127 Member
    @mcrudd Oh my goodness! Embarrassment is a death I haven’t experienced in the game yet. The poor family :( Grim should’ve listened to Jemma
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited June 2022
    CHAPTER 13 - ZACH AND KACI HOBBS - FAMILY 100 BABY CHALLENGE - BABY COUNT 9/100

elissa-using-the-telescope.png
    Saturday night, Zach decides to treat the family and ordered pizza for dinner.

PIZZA-DELIVERY.png

Elissa had never eaten pizza before and thinks this is the best cheese pizza ever.

PIZZA-NITE-SO-GOOD.png

Derek and Dillon asked if it was alright if they each had a friend over. Of course it was fine.

GRETA-DO-YOU-WANT-TO-HANG-OUT.png

Derek immediately called Greta and asked if she wanted to hang out, and she said she would be right over. He then called "Zoomers" and ordered 2 spaghetti dinners. Pizza was great, but Derek was thinking of having a bit of a romantic dinner with Greta outside under the stars. Smooth, Derek...real smooth.

Dillan and Derek take a photo together.

THE-TWO-BROTHERS-TAKING-A-PHOTO-TOGETHER.png

Dillan to Derek: "So, bro...you and Greta...is that, like, serious? I mean you just met her..."

Derek: "Yeah, I think it's pretty serious. I know we just met, but sometimes you just know...we really click together. There's just something about her. So, what about you and Luna?"

Dillan: "Nah...I mean she's cute and all...but...I don't want to go steady with anyone right now...just want to keep my options open, you know..." (I figured this was something he would say since he has the serial romantic aspiration).

CONGRSTS-TO-DEREK-FOR-GETTING-A-GF.png

And word travels fast, as Braylon calls Derek to congratulate him on having a girlfriend.

Just then there was a knock on the door. It was Greta, and Derek autonomously greeted her with a kiss on the cheek. Ahhh....

AUTO-KISS-ON-CHEEK.png

Another knock on the door, and it was a friend of Dillan's. Rohan Elderberry.

DILLAN-INVITES-A-FRIEND-OVER-ROHAN.png

The Zoomers delivery had arrived, and Derek asked Greta if she would like to have some dinner with him outside. After setting out the spaghetti, they sit down together, and Derek offers Greta a bite. These two are so sweet together. (Note: I actually had Derek ask Greta for a date on his home lot, so this worked out rather well.)

TELL-ME-WHAT-YOU-THINK.png

Meanwhile, Fiona is having her own party. And it looks like Braylon came for a visit.

HEY-FIONA-DONT-DO-THAT.png

Derek and Greta spend the rest of the night chatting and playing chess.

ON-A-DATE-WITH-GRETA.png

Their evening together was wonderful and Greta had to head home. But not before Derek does a little dance for her.

DEREK-WHAT-ARE-YOU-DOING.png

Greta: "Derek...what are you doing? That is some hip action you have going on...." *blushes*

Derek: "Just showing off my moves. What do you think...you like?"

Greta just shyly smiles at him,"Um...yeah...it's...wow...did it suddenly get hot out...I um...I really have to go now...thanks for the great nite..."

legendary-date-wtih-greta.png

After Greta left, Derek heads to the new telescope that Zach just bought and did some moongazing.

next-derek-uses-the-telescope.png

And after a little while, Derek completes the last Scout badge he needs to become a Llamacorn Scout. He then quits the Scouting career. I was going to have him join Drama, but he is doing very well on his emotional traits, so I will concentrate on that for him instead.

derek-is-the-first-llamacorn-scout.png

congrats-to-derek.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

I had actually purchased the larger telescope so they could get the space prints, but because they live off-the-grid, it wouldn't work. Who knew that you needed electricity to power the larger telescope? So, I bought the smaller one for them, but because I don't want anyone to get struck by a meteorite, it will be in household inventory when not in use. Also, this is a great way for the kids who are in Scouting to earn the Young Scientist Badge, without the use of a computer. This is why I had originally purchased the larger telescope, so they could get this badge, too. Perhaps now, more of the kids who are in Scouts can earn the Llamacorn Scout designation.
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited June 2022
    @mcrudd - Oh my gosh! Grim....go away from that family. Poor Nathan! *sob* :cry::cry: At least his urn is there...now to find George's urn. Someone has to keep their urns on the home lot and make some ambrosia. These two need to live again. This is why I can't play a legacy family. I get too attached to my sims.
    @Dinkus83 I did not know either, I usually rush them for a bath or relax on bed when they become to playful, I know that is a death, but never knew embarrassment is a death, will watch out for it in the future, teens get that often in my game.

@SoulGal7 Derek is such a romantic <3 Greta and Derek makes such a cute little couple :) What a lovely evening they had too. If you would like to get the space prints I do have only the new moon ones in my gallery as well as the full collection. The moon ones are really pretty, I hang them in my house for decorations :) I got rid of Nathan’s urn, could never find George’s. I am trying to not get attached to challenge sims. I do however get very attached to my gameplay sims <3

@all I had to keep on playing until everyone was happy and aged up again, it was hard gameplay as everyone was constantly sad. Hiding under bedcovers crying, hugging it out and just not wanting to do things I ask them. But got through it will post update now :)
    edited June 2022
    The Atkins family as they are now <3
    86GRe0t.png
    Oscar moved in with his siblings
    gvfAaY0.png

Penny is a very active teen, well also getting rid of stressed moods after school (don't want another death)
    wURCWJh.png

Quincy is a little sweetie pie
    nRpFwkK.png

Rosie is an adorable little toddler
    9zRfsAJ.png

Introducing baby number 18
    Sally Atkins
    q9opqYh.png
    FkLOy03.png

Lots of little girls now <3
    edited June 2022
    Gosh I only realized now after posting what the time is (real life not game time) and how long it took me to complete that aging up part of the game :o It was a tough game with lots of pausing and checking on everyone.

Oh my gosh I have to start dinner LOL (real life kids gonna be hangry)
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    @mcrudd Very sad adventure your family is having. You have very beautiful Sims. Enjoy your RL dinner.
  • imelfamilyimelfamily Posts: 18 Member
    edited June 2022
    I am not sure how long I am going to last in this challenge. Now maybe it's because my sinuses are killing me today....

06-22-22_30017-PM.png

Yea I figured out how to share the image from dropbox!!!

On left is Samwise Gamgee, Rosie (pregnant #6), 5 Pippin (youngest), 1 Frodo Gardner, 4 Rose, 2 Elanor (back) and 3 Merry.

So I have been playing the babies about 3 days - at least Rosie is fully friends with the baby.... Toddlers to level 3 in all (except potty lol), Children they do have A's and all 4's.... Since I just aged up my 1st teen, I will see how that goes LOL....

If I post here, it might keep me playing it longer.... some of it is I am having to restart my 2018 Mac mini a bit more than I thought and I have 32 GB of ram.... it should be doing well.... but then my trackpad starts acting wonky....
    Post edited by imelfamily on
    edited June 2022
    Pic not showing. I will load my laptop later and see if I can help. Just woke up now ;)

@imelfamily I could not get the dropbox image to work for me, kept on getting this error
    NiPPRsn.png
    Could I suggest rather using Imgur, its free and very easy to use https://imgur.com/
    We can also try that you sent me a direct link of your pic to my inbox and I can save it to my ingur and post it here for you ;)
    We can make it work <3
    Rawla wrote: »
    @mcrudd Very sad adventure your family is having. You have very beautiful Sims. Enjoy your RL dinner.

Thank you and yeah I could not leave them all like that, just had to play away from the sadness. I made a quick cottage pie and had two happy kids (well more like young adults 17 and 23 LOL )
    cW7br7F.png
    Penny moved in with her siblings
    fPbnYUn.png

Quincy is a teen
    xvMvrSF.png

Rosie is a child
    bcAceyZ.png

Sally is a toddler
    FYUV5eQ.png

Introducing baby number 19
    Tina Atkins
    HayG7LM.png
    vlANZb8.png
    The Archers - Into Week 7, Fight Day and more birthdays!

Aliyah comes by for a visit, not considering the consequences of popping by on Neighborhood Brawl Day. Dean immediately stops painting and attacks while Ellie looks on, wondering who will win.
    bn8GZ5F.jpg

Dean looks a bit too proud of himself for beating up his daughter.
    UCjGcc7.jpg

So, Eva steps up to defend Ali.
    1dB3kOJ.jpg

Now, Dean is the one seeing stars. Don't mess with momma :D
    LolSngq.jpg

Dane stops by too, but is saved by the fact that he's embarrassed about something. Eva certainly doesn't want to embarrass him more.
    LHZrN6W.jpg

The next day Forrest wants to discuss getting a dog, since he loves them so much. Eva tells him when he's a teenager, they'll talk about it again.
    LFFfpXb.jpg

Cecilia stops by to try Ellie's amazing garlic noodles.
    qRLnAsP.jpg

And Ellie made her own birthday cake too! And moved out with her sisters.
    YWkgCdu.jpg

The next day is the twins' turn for birthdays! First Hayden...
    llTbGF8.jpg

Then Hudson
    ZRyryDv.jpg
    They even have the same hairstyle! Because I'm so easily confused I sent them off to get coordinated outfits, so in future pics Hayden wears green and Hudson wears blue ;)

Clingy Gideon decided that was enough twin time and he convinced his dad to play for a while.
    FhvHjqt.jpg

Dane stops in and helps his little bro with homework.
    mAD6s4B.jpg

Next is Gideon's turn for a birthday!
    TG7fyeS.jpg

Of course Brynnlee and Dane are on hand to help eat the cake.
    qcjl2RW.jpg

Brynn tries to keep the twins entertained with a discussion about tanks?
    VK5mozS.jpg

Forrest puts that cake to good use again before anyone can steal a piece.
    OTRKzqM.jpg

And he ages up with a great teenager expression, and an interesting new style. :D He also decided to be lazy as a teen, so they decided it probably wasn't a good idea for him to get a dog.
    2h88k5g.jpg

The fam now
    KZdu84A.jpg

The grown kids:
    1. Aliyah - Self-Assured, Outgoing, Jealous. Party Animal
    2. Brynnlee - Good, Geek, Erratic. Computer Whiz
    3. Cecilia - Art Lover, Clumsy, Goofball. Musical Genius
    4. Dane - Genius, Cheerful, Active. Nerd Brain
    5. Ellie - Glutton, Erratic, Clumsy. Master Chef
  • imelfamilyimelfamily Posts: 18 Member
    forget dropbox -I redid it from one of my websites.....

also we had another boy - Hamfest. LOL
    @Rawla Your family looks great! Glad you found time to share :)

@mcrudd
    I get attached to my sims, so I like to see the kids come back for visits. But, I'm not sure it always qualifies as nice lol. Sometimes it's like, "Oooh Dane stopped by, quick someone ask him to help with homework." And for the holidays, I mean there's only so much skills to work on. Especially when kids are just waiting on an A in school. For me, it makes things more interesting to have different things going on sometimes.

I'm still kinda in shock about poor Nathan. I did triple check then that I don't have neighborhood stories stuff turned on for the kids in my game. And now I know to be extra concerned with an embarrassed sim. I have had a few hysterical deaths in my games (even had the same sim die twice from it sigh), so I'm always extra watchful if I end up with a goofball sim. They scare me now. All the sad aging up photos :'( Welcome baby Rosie.

Oscar is out now, you really are on a roll! Welcome baby Sally! Glad to see some happier pictures now. And then there's more! Still a happy family, so glad for that. And Penny is out. Still got a house full of girls lol. Welcome baby Tina! You're gonna have to start the alphabet over soon.

@SoulGal7 Derek & Greta are very cute together! Fiona is hilarious, always something wild. I usually have the kids make health potions at the science table for that scouting badge and it goes pretty quickly cuz I can just queue up however many they need.

@imelfamily Glad you got up to being able to post pics! Your hobbits are super cute! Hope your computer doesn't keep giving you too much trouble. I know the game is much better on PC, but that's why I play it on the playstation, I just have a cheap old laptop that couldn't handle much Sims lol. And welcome to baby Hamfest!
    @Dinkus83 Oh my gosh Aliyah will check the holidays before she visits again LOL Hahaha Don’t mess with momma :D Happy birthday twins. You are doing so well :)

@imelfamily congratulations on becoming a member, you should be able to post pics now and get yourself a profile pic ;) Congratulations on the new little boy too :)

@Dinkus83 I just had to keep on playing that family until the mourning passed, it was not nice seeing them all so sad. Nathan’s death was definitely a first for me by type and not expecting it.

@all gonna load my game now, have lots of simming time. My kids are busy building two huge Lego's each and my husband is doing a 12 hour shift. So might age them up more than once, will see how it goes.
    5kNa9r7.png
    Quincy moved out of the house
    9v6L68C.png

Rosie is a teen
    cVJ3vn5.png

Sally is a child
    kmvPzjP.png

Tina is a toddler
    VuQA3Jf.png

Introducing baby number 20
    Urshula Atkins
    Hx8Bw0s.png
    ehG4vL6.png
    edited June 2022
    Phew I just got a fright. I went to the girls room to buy a school project for them to do and my buymode was grayed out and it said I could not use it while someone is dying :o I then searched around and saw grimmy at someone's elder dog that passed. Thank goodness not a sim they know or one of my sims. So far no sad moodlet as well, which is good, can't handle more sad sims ;)

HkviKAq.png
  • Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    @all - I have really enjoyed reading this thread - not quite caught up but I like the style of this challenge quite a bit. I'd be pretty far behind if I tried to join in but it's very tempting - have been gone a while from the threads and just want to play something that is structured but not too structured - this one seems to be just that.

Anyway, back to reading - still only about half way through and good luck to each of you as you progress.
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    @all - I have really enjoyed reading this thread - not quite caught up but I like the style of this challenge quite a bit. I'd be pretty far behind if I tried to join in but it's very tempting - have been gone a while from the threads and just want to play something that is structured but not too structured - this one seems to be just that.

Anyway, back to reading - still only about half way through and good luck to each of you as you progress.

I'm glad you commented. It was very nice. ...It is never too late to join. :smile:

• Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    OK, I am now caught up - I do have a question - how are you all dealing with the Neighborhood Stories - are you disabling it entirely? I am thinking of doing this as @Mcrudd started with no aging and just age up kids with birthday cakes when they are ready. I am assuming aging is off for the entire population as well but I did notice a couple of deaths (electrocution and embarrassment) and not sure if that happens with or without the stories feature activated. Have not been playing for a while so not really experienced with how it works.

As @Rawla said above you are more than welcome to join in any time @Llandros2012 we would love having you here with us <3 We all have different rates we are completing this, I am a bit faster because I no longer work so have sooooo much simming time LOL, some of the others prefer to only tell a story and not take pics, others take loads of amazing pics and have lots of fun while playing the challenge, others don't get too play too often and only pop in now and then, we are super relaxed here and anyone is welcome to join in any time, even if some have completed the challenge already :)