Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Latest Survey

13...Next

Comments

• SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Heya,

Thank you for calling this to my attention. I've forwarded this up to the Sims team and just got confirmation that this survey "age cap" will be removed entirely, at this time I don't know if the survey will need to be rereleased to account for this change or not but I'll let you know once I do.

The opinions of ALL of our Simmers matter to us, which is why I love this forum and all of its users.

Again, thank you for posting this and you all are absolutely awesome. <3

I thought for sure it was just a glitch but since you've confirmed it was intentional, I don't know how I feel.

But, thank you for letting the Sims Team know that those of us NOT in their "target age bracket" has just as much right to give their opinion on upcoming DLC as younger players.

I don't have all the details yet, it's entirely possible that this survey was just configured incorrectly or something. It was news to the people I discussed it with so I don't think this was intended behavior.

Sorry, but I don't buy it. I believe that you're giving an honest report of what you were told, but I don't think that what you were told is honest. Per several other reports in this thread, the observed behavior is not new, and your statement about an age cap on the survey has a ring of confirmation to those reports, whether it was intended in this specific instance or not.

I think we realize that the game has been trending away from the interests of most (definitely not all) of us over-40s for a while, but it's still a bit shocking to see it played out with such a vivid illustration.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Have negative interest in the HS pack. Apart from the now standard bugginess, it's a joke. When I went to HS back in the 60s, we had 8 3/4 hour periods per day, including 1 for lunch. The school was large, so there was a first and second lunch, with half doing one and half the other. We had about 5 minutes to get from one class to another, so one had to hustle if there was a long way to go. Clubs and athletics were added on after regular class hours. I'd be much more interested in a mid 60s to mid 70s pack theme, my own YA years.
  • pvrescue1pvrescue1 Posts: 59 Member
    > @Oldeseadogge said:
    > Have negative interest in the HS pack. Apart from the now standard bugginess, it's a joke. When I went to HS back in the 60s, we had 8 3/4 hour periods per day, including 1 for lunch. The school was large, so there was a first and second lunch, with half doing one and half the other. We had about 5 minutes to get from one class to another, so one had to hustle if there was a long way to go. Clubs and athletics were added on after regular class hours. I'd be much more interested in a mid 60s to mid 70s pack theme, my own YA years.

To be fair, not much has changed since then (I went to high school throughout the late 2010s until 2021) except for the fact that electronics and private, profit-first-schools-never entities have infiltrated every nook and cranny of the educational ecosystem. Even from my perspective, I couldn't agree with you more.