Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGurus Are Hinting Something. 🤔

Comments

  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I don't think we'll be seeing a trailer straight away, I think they're gonna carry on with the hints for a few more days and then the last one will be the date the trailer comes out
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    I'll be honest, with how limited the variations are in at least European Werewolf lore, I wouldn't mind if we didn't get a strength and weakness tree. A base control skill of some type with different levels unlocking better control over the wolf form would work fine for me.

    I also would be fine with a Dominance skill for pack leadership. Because packs do have leaders... just irl, wolf packs are lead by Mom and Dad, not the school yard bully who could beat them all up. That's just for wolves from different packs forced to live together in zoos.

  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,815 Member
    edited June 2022
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I'll be honest, with how limited the variations are in at least European Werewolf lore, I wouldn't mind if we didn't get a strength and weakness tree. A base control skill of some type with different levels unlocking better control over the wolf form would work fine for me.

    I also would be fine with a Dominance skill for pack leadership. Because packs do have leaders... just irl, wolf packs are lead by Mom and Dad, not the school yard bully who could beat them all up. That's just for wolves from different packs forced to live together in zoos.

    I'd like to see two branches for a werewolf to go down. One is feral and embraces being a werewolf. As they climb up that branch they gain better control of their wolf form but lose ability to control themselves and their actions when they are in their human form.

    The other branch are the ones who were bitten and turned against their will and they hate what they've become. They fight harder to retain as much humanity as they can. As they climb up that branch they are better able to resist their emotions causing them to be less likely to transform when they become angry or stressed. When they're in their wolf form that bit of humanity they retain helps them maintain some degree of control of their actions. More control at higher levels of course.

  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    Some says it means alpha beta omega
    And with the way the gurus responded it must be true!
    Omegaverse/ABO wouldn't work for Sims 4 cause that's 18+ content. There can definitely be a werewolf hierarchy/roles stuff and possibly even an attraction system to come but actual ABO stuff coming to Sims 4 would never happen. Wolves are monogamous species so there may be some thing special (an reward? moodlet? aspiration?) about having a single long term/faithful partner or something like it that is special. And there will no doubt be ABO jokes I'm 100% sure but actual ABO content? Nooooooo way. lol

    Good golly miss molly. I had to look this up cause I was like why would ABO animal hierarchies be a problem? And I could see some alpha wolf reference or element being put in for sure. I don't think that is probably what the person had in mind when they said ABO. I think they just meant the typically, and commonly used references with wolf/animal packs.

    However, I came across interesting info you were referencing about wolves not actually attaining leader status via dominance. I had no idea that that was not accurate. And now I have to go read more on it because that is really interesting.

    It's because of that research that I was/am hoping that they didn't include any sort of Alpha/Omega hierarchy in the pack. Or at least not based on a werewolf's ability to fight.

    I mean, I won't be (very) disappointed if they do include it, because it's such a common part of pop culture, but I still hope they find a different way to handle pack hierarchies.

    Even if its not true for real wolves it doesn't mean they can't use it for werewolves they are made up after all
    and there wouldn't be a whole lot of game play if they were only going to act like the real thing.
    @DaWaterRat
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    edited June 2022
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

    It's because of that research that I was/am hoping that they didn't include any sort of Alpha/Omega hierarchy in the pack. Or at least not based on a werewolf's ability to fight.

    I mean, I won't be (very) disappointed if they do include it, because it's such a common part of pop culture, but I still hope they find a different way to handle pack hierarchies.

    Even if its not true for real wolves it doesn't mean they can't use it for werewolves they are made up after all
    and there wouldn't be a whole lot of game play if they were only going to act like the real thing.
    @DaWaterRat

    The problem is that the Alpha/omega based on who is toughest contributes to some rather toxic tropes (and rl human behaviors) that I'd be all to glad to never see again. There are plenty of stories to be told that don't involve two guys duking it out for the right lead the pack.

    But, as I said, it's also become so integral to modern Werewolf Lore (classic Werewolves were always loners) that it won't affect my opinion of the gamepack very much.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

    It's because of that research that I was/am hoping that they didn't include any sort of Alpha/Omega hierarchy in the pack. Or at least not based on a werewolf's ability to fight.

    I mean, I won't be (very) disappointed if they do include it, because it's such a common part of pop culture, but I still hope they find a different way to handle pack hierarchies.

    Even if its not true for real wolves it doesn't mean they can't use it for werewolves they are made up after all
    and there wouldn't be a whole lot of game play if they were only going to act like the real thing.
    @DaWaterRat

    The problem is that the Alpha/omega based on who is toughest contributes to some rather toxic tropes (and rl human behaviors) that I'd be all to glad to never see again. There are plenty of stories to be told that don't involve two guys duking it out for the right lead the pack.

    But, as I said, it's also become so integral to modern Werewolf Lore (classic Werewolves were always loners) that it won't affect my opinion of the gamepack very much.

    I don't care what people or wolves do in real life. I just want people to have fun I would be surprised if there was no fighting
    as most occults do fight in the game and it makes since for them to have Alpha/omega as most occults have a ranking.
    I hope you wont let it bother you also I'm sure most Alphas will be female in sims 4 anyway as that's what most people play.
    I thought about it and there is one thing I do care about and don't want them to do in game I would dislike it if they sniffed my sims butt as wolves are known to do. @DaWaterRat
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    @DaWaterRat I don't really see them having violence be what makes one an alpha (if they put that in at all). I would imagine it would be based on some sort of skill tree system. Something a werewolf has to work towards earning. The most logical thing is that werewolves will have trees with pluses and minuses because that is already built into the game. I would imagine being an alpha would be either at the top of the tree of perks, or possibly a trait..

    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • AlpacapybaraAlpacapybara Posts: 32 Member
    I wouldn't be impressed if there is a pack system using the base of get together or the university groups. If the former, I imagine you could even name it? Would be neat, I would name mine after sims packs, like Unleashed Pack, World Adventure Pack or Katy Perry's Sweet Treats Pack.

    Man, gonna be honest, never cared much about werewolves in Sims before (they had it all to be my favorite occult but it just didn't click), but all this setup + the fact that TS4 Vampires were so superior to the ones before has me truly hyped, I will finally play the doggies for real.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    @DaWaterRat I don't really see them having violence be what makes one an alpha (if they put that in at all). I would imagine it would be based on some sort of skill tree system. Something a werewolf has to work towards earning. The most logical thing is that werewolves will have trees with pluses and minuses because that is already built into the game. I would imagine being an alpha would be either at the top of the tree of perks, or possibly a trait..

    in order to finish the aspirations both spellcasters and vampires fight although I guess @DaWaterRat could just not do the
    aspiration if thats the case @Chaotic_Moira
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    Some says it means alpha beta omega
    And with the way the gurus responded it must be true!
    Omegaverse/ABO wouldn't work for Sims 4 cause that's 18+ content. There can definitely be a werewolf hierarchy/roles stuff and possibly even an attraction system to come but actual ABO stuff coming to Sims 4 would never happen. Wolves are monogamous species so there may be some thing special (an reward? moodlet? aspiration?) about having a single long term/faithful partner or something like it that is special. And there will no doubt be ABO jokes I'm 100% sure but actual ABO content? Nooooooo way. lol

    Good golly miss molly. I had to look this up cause I was like why would ABO animal hierarchies be a problem? And I could see some alpha wolf reference or element being put in for sure. I don't think that is probably what the person had in mind when they said ABO. I think they just meant the typically, and commonly used references with wolf/animal packs.

    However, I came across interesting info you were referencing about wolves not actually attaining leader status via dominance. I had no idea that that was not accurate. And now I have to go read more on it because that is really interesting.

    So, slight correction/clarification. I was referring to something VERY different (and very cursed) than what is being talked about. It is ABO stuff but its entirely different and 18+.

    The original tweet brought the "fated mate" comment and connected to ABO being confirmed. I'm almost positive it's a joke (esp seeing one of the guru's reactions + the OP's response). Let's just say that there is a very niche subgenre of "woohoo fiction" that uses the A/B/O dynamics (with or without werewolves present in the story) and fated pair tropes are heavily associated with it (or used) and it is all very 18+.

    Because I don't know any werewolf media that uses fated pair tropes aside from Twilight, Im assuming the person was referring to what I was thinking which was the 18+ stuff. If you dont know what I mean; you are blessed.

    ~~

    As far as the regular alpha hierarchy/trope stuff that goes with werewolf media - yeah it's not based on realism (werewolf packs are basically just families) and tbh while there is a good chance it'll be used in some form I'd much prefer to avoid it. Or at the very least nothing too extreme. A lot of times the alpha dog bs is incredibly toxic and I just find it annoying.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    @DaWaterRat I don't really see them having violence be what makes one an alpha (if they put that in at all). I would imagine it would be based on some sort of skill tree system. Something a werewolf has to work towards earning. The most logical thing is that werewolves will have trees with pluses and minuses because that is already built into the game. I would imagine being an alpha would be either at the top of the tree of perks, or possibly a trait..

    in order to finish the aspirations both spellcasters and vampires fight although I guess @DaWaterRat could just not do the
    aspiration if thats the case @Chaotic_Moira

    Not every Occult aspiration requires fighting. Alchemists don't need it for Spellcasters, and Good Vampires don't need it either. (I haven't played the vampire ones very often, so this is the only one I know doesn't need it.)

    It's also possible to be a Virtuoso Spellcaster without once entering a duel. I do it all the time, since I regularly do play spellcasters. (fastest way to get Magic XP is just casting spells/making potions.)
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    @DaWaterRat I don't really see them having violence be what makes one an alpha (if they put that in at all). I would imagine it would be based on some sort of skill tree system. Something a werewolf has to work towards earning. The most logical thing is that werewolves will have trees with pluses and minuses because that is already built into the game. I would imagine being an alpha would be either at the top of the tree of perks, or possibly a trait..
    in order to finish the aspirations both spellcasters and vampires fight although I guess @DaWaterRat could just not do the
    aspiration if thats the case @Chaotic_Moira

    Ahhh, okay scratch what I said then, lol. I haven't played the aspirations. I rarely do actually, lol. Well, I guess we will have to see where they take it then.

    I am fine either way. Violence doesn't bother me in the game; I actually find it funny in the sims, so.. And if my werewolf can't randomly attack and bite people I will be upset. But too me werewolves are predators.. So are my vampires..

    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    @DaWaterRat I don't really see them having violence be what makes one an alpha (if they put that in at all). I would imagine it would be based on some sort of skill tree system. Something a werewolf has to work towards earning. The most logical thing is that werewolves will have trees with pluses and minuses because that is already built into the game. I would imagine being an alpha would be either at the top of the tree of perks, or possibly a trait..
    in order to finish the aspirations both spellcasters and vampires fight although I guess @DaWaterRat could just not do the
    aspiration if thats the case @Chaotic_Moira

    Ahhh, okay scratch what I said then, lol. I haven't played the aspirations. I rarely do actually, lol. Well, I guess we will have to see where they take it then.

    I am fine either way. Violence doesn't bother me in the game; I actually find it funny in the sims, so.. And if my werewolf can't randomly attack and bite people I will be upset. But too me werewolves are predators.. So are my vampires..

    I feel the same way @Chaotic_Moira
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    @DaWaterRat I don't really see them having violence be what makes one an alpha (if they put that in at all). I would imagine it would be based on some sort of skill tree system. Something a werewolf has to work towards earning. The most logical thing is that werewolves will have trees with pluses and minuses because that is already built into the game. I would imagine being an alpha would be either at the top of the tree of perks, or possibly a trait..

    in order to finish the aspirations both spellcasters and vampires fight although I guess @DaWaterRat could just not do the
    aspiration if thats the case @Chaotic_Moira

    Not every Occult aspiration requires fighting. Alchemists don't need it for Spellcasters, and Good Vampires don't need it either. (I haven't played the vampire ones very often, so this is the only one I know doesn't need it.)

    It's also possible to be a Virtuoso Spellcaster without once entering a duel. I do it all the time, since I regularly do play spellcasters. (fastest way to get Magic XP is just casting spells/making potions.)

    I can confirm that. In fact, there are 3 different vampire aspirations, and two require no fighting to complete. In the one that does, you only need to win a fight 3 times, and it can easily be done by sparring with a vampire friend or family member. In my less violent types, I consider those "fights" as training for defense, because sparring is just practice anyway.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    edited June 2022
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    I'm almost positive it's a joke (esp seeing one of the guru's reactions + the OP's response).
    ~~
    As far as the regular alpha hierarchy/trope stuff that goes with werewolf media - yeah it's not based on realism (werewolf packs are basically just families) and tbh while there is a good chance it'll be used in some form I'd much prefer to avoid it. Or at the very least nothing too extreme. A lot of times the alpha dog bs is incredibly toxic and I just find it annoying.

    Yeah I found the adult stuff you were referring to. But now I get how you got there, lol. I didn't see the responses or anything so I was like, "whoa, what!" lol

    I can't stand Alpha references amongst people irl. And I agree, it more often than not is just a lot of ego boasting over toxic behaviors from both men, and women. The idea of anyone thinking they are dominant because they are violent, mean, tough, whatever is just gross..

    But werewolves are mythical violent beings, and (even if incorrect) alpha is a term commonly associated to wolves. So it wouldn't bother me for it to be used. Nor would I personally want a nonviolent werewolf.

    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2022
    I hope there is no Alpha/Omega stuff. Becoming a leader with integrity (and not through bullying and icky behavior) is fine, but none of the toxic, abusive behaviors. I don’t seeing like forced relationships or bullying. (Luckily, I doubt Sims 4 would include such toxic behaviors.)

    I also hope fighting is not a requirement, and we can customize to have “tamer” werewolves that can raise families and mix with vampires and other occults to form mixed families and such.

    I am interested to see what the moon caster thing is about, or if it’s just the name of the place that is similar to Sims 3’s Supernatural world.

    I wonder if the frogs thing is another reference to the place like a marsh/swampy area, or if it could be an ingredient for a spell potion or something.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Oh, I don't mind Werewolves being violent. What I'm hoping to not see is violence *within the pack* being *required* for pack *advancement.* Fighting other packs, fighting vampires, fighting unsuspecting mundane sims - I'm perfectly fine with all that, and even welcome it to some degree myself.

    What I don't want is it to be a required element for *pack members* to fight each other for dominance.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I just want the OPTION to have less of the violent werewolves.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    I wonder if the frogs thing is another reference to the place like a marsh/swampy area, or if it could be an ingredient for a spell potion or something.

    OMG you can't kill the frogs!!! :cry:


    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    @DaWaterRat I don't really see them having violence be what makes one an alpha (if they put that in at all). I would imagine it would be based on some sort of skill tree system. Something a werewolf has to work towards earning. The most logical thing is that werewolves will have trees with pluses and minuses because that is already built into the game. I would imagine being an alpha would be either at the top of the tree of perks, or possibly a trait..

    in order to finish the aspirations both spellcasters and vampires fight although I guess @DaWaterRat could just not do the
    aspiration if thats the case @Chaotic_Moira

    Not every Occult aspiration requires fighting. Alchemists don't need it for Spellcasters, and Good Vampires don't need it either. (I haven't played the vampire ones very often, so this is the only one I know doesn't need it.)

    It's also possible to be a Virtuoso Spellcaster without once entering a duel. I do it all the time, since I regularly do play spellcasters. (fastest way to get Magic XP is just casting spells/making potions.)

    my point still stands they can not finish all the aspirations and get all the rewards with out it though I'm glad you still enjoy them
    I hope you feel the same way about werewolves regardless of how they play in game but I mean you only issue is the name being
    used so it would be a real bummer if you didn't play because of that @DaWaterRat
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Oh, I don't mind Werewolves being violent. What I'm hoping to not see is violence *within the pack* being *required* for pack *advancement.* Fighting other packs, fighting vampires, fighting unsuspecting mundane sims - I'm perfectly fine with all that, and even welcome it to some degree myself.

    What I don't want is it to be a required element for *pack members* to fight each other for dominance.


    Ahhhh. Oh yeah, I wouldn't have any interest in that either personally..

    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I wonder if the frogs thing is another reference to the place like a marsh/swampy area, or if it could be an ingredient for a spell potion or something.

    OMG you can't kill the frogs!!! :cry:
    Or, maybe, as an alternative, it’s talking about a mischievous or “evil” curse, spell, or potion that turns people into a frog, lol. 😁🐸
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    I wonder if the frogs thing is another reference to the place like a marsh/swampy area, or if it could be an ingredient for a spell potion or something.

    OMG you can't kill the frogs!!! :cry:
    Or, maybe, as an alternative, it’s talking about a mischievous or “evil” curse, spell, or potion that turns people into a frog, lol. 😁🐸

    Muahahaha I would turn them all into frogs! :D>:)<3
    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I wonder if the frogs thing is another reference to the place like a marsh/swampy area, or if it could be an ingredient for a spell potion or something.

    OMG you can't kill the frogs!!! :cry:
    Or, maybe, as an alternative, it’s talking about a mischievous or “evil” curse, spell, or potion that turns people into a frog, lol. 😁🐸

    Muahahaha I would turn them all into frogs! :D>:)<3

    If they added Sims 1 Makin’ Magic /other Sims spell elements like that (to add to our collection of RoM spell stuff, or course), that would be awesome.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Oh, I don't mind Werewolves being violent. What I'm hoping to not see is violence *within the pack* being *required* for pack *advancement.* Fighting other packs, fighting vampires, fighting unsuspecting mundane sims - I'm perfectly fine with all that, and even welcome it to some degree myself.

    What I don't want is it to be a required element for *pack members* to fight each other for dominance.

    I don't think you have to worry about that in fact I'm sure thats not a thing because you would have to make a pack first
    so by default you would be its head it would not make since at all game wise @DaWaterRat
    more for sim kids and more drama please

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top