We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
February 23rd - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGurus Are Hinting Something. 🤔

Comments

• MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Leowyld wrote: »
    Recipe for grilled luna fish

Side note, I really hope werewolves will be able to eat raw fish. (Would be great if we also had cross pack functionality where they could chase chickens, bunnies, etc., but I suppose that may be too much to hope for.)

Even in human form they can consume raw meat. That could be part of the strengths/weaknesses for werewolves. Sort of a werewolf version of wilted stomach for vampires.

Yes, that's what I would hope for.

Werewolves could have two branches, one where they are more feral, the other retain more of their humanity. The ones on the wild branch can't control their urges like the hunger for raw meat even in human form. Or they howl, or growl uncontrollably. The 'tame' werewolves would have troubled consciences from not knowing what they've done or suspecting they've done something horrible while they were transformed. They would more control of their wilder urges. There would have to be more but I thought I'd get the ball rolling and see where we can go fleshing out a strengths and weaknesses system.

Ooh, I like the idea of them being "branches."

I definitely always felt there should be a way to decide on what type of werewolf you want to create, but the branches idea is quite unique and sounds like it could be interesting.

I also want a weakness similar to vampires' "guilty drinker." I'm not exactly sure how it could be werewolf-fied yet, but I think that would help with making more "human" werewolves.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,232 Member

Side note, I really hope werewolves will be able to eat raw fish. (Would be great if we also had cross pack functionality where they could chase chickens, bunnies, etc., but I suppose that may be too much to hope for.)

Even in human form they can consume raw meat. That could be part of the strengths/weaknesses for werewolves. Sort of a werewolf version of wilted stomach for vampires.

Werewolves could have two branches, one where they are more feral, the other retain more of their humanity. The ones on the wild branch can't control their urges like the hunger for raw meat even in human form. Or they howl, or growl uncontrollably. The 'tame' werewolves would have troubled consciences from not knowing what they've done or suspecting they've done something horrible while they were transformed. They would more control of their wilder urges. There would have to be more but I thought I'd get the ball rolling and see where we can go fleshing out a strengths and weaknesses system.

I definitely always felt there should be a way to decide on what type of werewolf you want to create, but the branches idea is quite unique and sounds like it could be interesting.

I also want a weakness similar to vampires' "guilty drinker." I'm not exactly sure how it could be werewolf-fied yet, but I think that would help with making more "human" werewolves.

The guilty drinker could be "troubled conscience". They know or feel they've done something bad while they were in their wolf form.

• CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

The guilty drinker could be "troubled conscience". They know or feel they've done something bad while they were in their wolf form.

I hope they don't just rename and recycle too many things from the vampire tree or you may as well just play a vampire.
    edited May 2022
    @MeowchaFrappe Werewolves start alike in the beginning. As they spend more time in their wolf form, depending on which interactions they perform, they start to drift into either the feral branch who wants to be as wild and wolflike as possible, or the 'tame' ones who are afraid of their wilder instincts and try to cling to as much humanity as possible. As they progress in their respective branches, the feral increasingly lose the ability to control themselves, and vise versa for the 'tames'.
    edited May 2022
    CelSims wrote: »

I hope they don't just rename and recycle too many things from the vampire tree or you may as well just play a vampire.

I think werewolves should have their own unique tree, but if they do a vampire style one, the strengths and weaknesses you choose also helps to steer your werewolf into the feral or tame branch.

I do like the sounds of "troubled conscious" especially since it's not like Werewolves will need to actually drink from other sims, but I would like it to have a similar effect on their mood.

@DaniRose2143 While I don't want to get my hopes up too much for your idea coming to fruition... I really like your idea and would love to see that.
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    SimGuruRad posted one 4 minutes ago. I can’t seem to copy/paste on my phone.
    I do like the sounds of "troubled conscious" especially since it's not like Werewolves will need to actually drink from other sims, but I would like it to have a similar effect on their mood.

@DaniRose2143 While I don't want to get my hopes up too much for your idea coming to fruition... I really like your idea and would love to see that.

I'm not holding my breath either. But it is fun to speculate how we would build it if it was up to us.
  • LeowyldLeowyld Posts: 73 Member
    For I cannot do this without you
    Howl You Doing
  • BubblegumjonahBubblegumjonah Posts: 118 Member
    And another one from SimGuruRad.
  • AlpacapybaraAlpacapybara Posts: 32 Member
    I just realized.

This will be the wolf pack game pack lol
    edited May 2022
    @Leowyld So GuruRad is giving clues and GuruBat is messing with us.
    edited May 2022
    "Howl you doing" is probably the first of these messages to point directly to wolves, so not complaining about that. Heh.
  • MsMayMsMay Posts: 440 Member
    edited May 2022

That would be cool if werewolves will be able to eat raw fish. I really hope they can still catches raw fishes like in the sims 3 era. I don’t know if they can chase chicken, bunnies, & etc. But maybe EA might use the animation (or recycle animation) when the foxes auto hunting chicken or rabbit in “cottage living” when foxes sneak up to get closer to the prey, the foxes attack it and you see the smoke from both the fox and & the prey fighting each other, chances the fox will kill & eat the prey & chances the fox will lose from the prey. I think I won’t be surprised, they might use that animations for werewolves to able to do like the foxes did to sneak up, fight the prey, kill the prey (if chances they are Successful), & the dead prey’s meat will might automatic put in the werewolves inventory.
    "Howl you doing" is probably the first of this messages to point directly to wolves, so not complaining about that. Heh.

True, but it's more word play than riddle. I'll take it.

• AllinsimstimeAllinsimstime Posts: 106 Member
    Rads is probably connected to Frosts. “Forgive me, my dear Avelina… For I cannot do this without you.”
    edited May 2022
    OOH... what if the "messages" are from different werewolves???

"Howl You Doing?" ;) + "Will you be my fated mate?" could be a flirty Werewolf.

"Forgive me my dear Avelina" + "For I can not do this without you" is a tortured, brooding werewolf talking?
    Could the next message be "just so quixotically zealous", so we can finish our alphabet? Heh.
  • RoseQuartzRoseQuartz Posts: 163 Member
    OOH... what if the "messages" are from different werewolves???

"Howl You Doing?" ;) + "Will you be my fated mate?" could be a flirty Werewolf.

"Forgive me my dear Avelina" + "For I can not do this without you" is a tortured, brooding werewolf talking?

I like it!
  • AllinsimstimeAllinsimstime Posts: 106 Member
    “Howl you doing” makes me happy for some reason
  • MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I've seen some speculation that SimGuruConnor's reads "a territory marking log"

Which makes sense by the letters, but without more hints doesn't make sense on its own.

Ooooo actually that makes a lot of sense

So in MTV’s Teen Wolf there is a really old magic tree stump called the Nemeton and it attracts supernaturals to Beacon Hills. Not sure if anyone has mentioned that yet but as a TW mega fan it seems like a clear reference, but it might be coincidence.

Derek says hi.
  • RoseQuartzRoseQuartz Posts: 163 Member
    JAL wrote: »
    So here is my interpretation:

A group of people are coming to Moonwood hill. They are met by a local guide, a perky kind of sim, who greets them:

Local guide:"Welcome to Moonwood Mill."
    A dog of one of the visitor: "Is that a territory marking log?" (goes to pee on the log, frogs jump out to get away from the pee.)
    Local guide: "There were mooncasters here!"
    One of the visitors (yelling and trying to stand on something):"Where did all these frogs come from?"
    The local drunk (who is really an ancient werewolf deep in grief) stumbles out of the wood startling everyone, shouting: "I survived the century conflict!"
    The visitors are looking ready to run away, but the local guide is not giving up yet. Taking a deep breath and forcing a smile but sounding ever more desperate: "Feel free to take a dip in lake Lunvik."
    The local drunk yells out in the general direction of the moon: Forgive me my dear Avelina! (stumbles up to one of the visitors and smells them) "Will you be my fated mate?"
    Local guide (now giving up): Beware of Greg!

Just had to say - this is hilarious. I really hope the GP turns out to have an entertaining backstory.