We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
March 1st - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGurus Are Hinting Something. 🤔

Comments

• EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 6,821 EA Community Manager
    Can somebody pass me the Cliff's Notes for the last three pages? And who the heck is Greg?

Pssh, @DaniRose2143 doesn't even know who Greg is. That's so not fetch.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • LeowyldLeowyld Posts: 73 Member
    edited May 2022
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Can somebody pass me the Cliff's Notes for the last three pages? And who the heck is Greg?

You know what is fetch... canines, literally. They fetch stuff. Just sayin'. 🐺
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,343 Member
    @Ea_Cade I blame my coworkers for tying me to my chair. I couldn't reach my phone to stay up with the conversation.
    Leowyld wrote: »
    EA_Cade wrote: »

You know what is fetch... canines, literally. They fetch stuff. Just sayin'. 🐺

I think a well groomed bushy wolf tail is extremely fetch.

• BubblegumjonahBubblegumjonah Posts: 118 Member
    Possible that we could get an announcement tomorrow for a reveal on Thursday. Followed by a Livestream the next week, and then a release on the full moon perhaps?
    edited May 2022
    Forgive me my dear Avelina. Will you be my fated mate? Beware of Greg. This sounds like a man who is a werewolf, he's in love with Avelina, but he knows if she stays with him she will join him as a werewolf. He's saying forgive me, by loving me your life will be drastically altered. He's asking her if she agrees to become a werewolf too, and be part of his pack. Greg could be Avelina's jilted ex-lover, her brother, or father who will come to hunt down this man for what he is and what he is likely going to do to Avelina by turning her into a werewolf too. Beware of Greg is her warning to her werewolf love that Greg is an extreme threat to his survival.

That's my take on the clues today.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,196 Member
    I love what they're doing with all these hints, but honestly, I wouldn't read too much into them. Remember how one of the pre-release tweets about StrangerVille hinted at Bella Goth being involved in the story somehow, and then she wasn't? Or how the mysterious black-clad witch from the first Realm of Magic trailer was hyped up, given a name (Aine or something), and then removed from the pack entirely, what was that all about? They did put her on the gallery later, but with a different name...

So yeah, I'll believe in Greg and Avelina and all the others when I see them, and not a minute earlier. Still fun to speculate, though.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited May 2022
    Greg is probably the Werewolf version of Vladdy Daddy
    a256aFi.gif
    edited May 2022
    I love what they're doing with all these hints, but honestly, I wouldn't read too much into them. Remember how one of the pre-release tweets about StrangerVille hinted at Bella Goth being involved in the story somehow, and then she wasn't? Or how the mysterious black-clad witch from the first Realm of Magic trailer was hyped up, given a name (Aine or something), and then removed from the pack entirely, what was that all about? They did put her on the gallery later, but with a different name...

So yeah, I'll believe in Greg and Avelina and all the others when I see them, and not a minute earlier. Still fun to speculate, though.

I think the clues today are setting a backstory more than they are introducing new sims. Yesterday's clues were aimed at forming an idea of the world in which all of this takes place.

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,497 Member
    There's still a slight possibility we might get a little teaser later today. Remember the teaser for the current roadmap. That dropped at 8pm EST.

#EA CreatorNetwork
    AHQ Champion
  • LeowyldLeowyld Posts: 73 Member
    Recipe for grilled luna fish
  • MsMayMsMay Posts: 440 Member
    edited May 2022
    VeeDub wrote: »
    I'm gonna just assume that Greg is a dog and be done with it. A Wolfhound, maybe.

He could be a dog or Wolfhound. Or maybe he some kind of skinwalker Wolfhound.
    edited May 2022
    Recipe For Grilled Fish

Oops, left out Luna

Nevermind. @Leowyld had it first
  • AllinsimstimeAllinsimstime Posts: 106 Member
    Okay so we’re getting a new recipe… ???
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,371 Member
    Okay so we’re getting a new recipe… ???

Surprise, surprise :D
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member

Side note, I really hope werewolves will be able to eat raw fish. (Would be great if we also had cross pack functionality where they could chase chickens, bunnies, etc., but I suppose that may be too much to hope for.)
    Amapola76 wrote: »

Side note, I really hope werewolves will be able to eat raw fish. (Would be great if we also had cross pack functionality where they could chase chickens, bunnies, etc., but I suppose that may be too much to hope for.)

Even in human form they can consume raw meat. That could be part of the strengths/weaknesses for werewolves. Sort of a werewolf version of wilted stomach for vampires.

Even in human form they can consume raw meat. That could be part of the strengths/weaknesses for werewolves. Sort of a werewolf version of wilted stomach for vampires.

Yes, that's what I would hope for.

Werewolves could have two branches, one where they are more feral, the other retain more of their humanity. The ones on the wild branch can't control their urges like the hunger for raw meat even in human form. Or they howl, or growl uncontrollably. The 'tame' werewolves would have troubled consciences from not knowing what they've done or suspecting they've done something horrible while they were transformed. They would more control of their wilder urges. There would have to be more but I thought I'd get the ball rolling and see where we can go fleshing out a strengths and weaknesses system.

• IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Luna fish? MOOON fish? Grrrr now they are just playing with us. Yes, it's fun but please don't make us wait till next week! Beware the Fury of the Wild Wolf Pack when Waiting For Information!!!
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member

I do feel this should be a "weakness" for sure rather than a strength. But it would be a cool concept to include for sure
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    This is sounding more and more like one of my sisters Carpathian novels and I'm here for it 🤭🤭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    Isharell wrote: »
    Luna fish? MOOON fish? Grrrr now they are just playing with us. Yes, it's fun but please don't make us wait till next week! Beware the Fury of the Wild Wolf Pack when Waiting For Information!!!

First words out of my mouth after Recipe For Grilled Luna Fish was you're just messing with us now. Totally unrelated to the other three, or was it?

Werewolves could have two branches, one where they are more feral, the other retain more of their humanity. The ones on the wild branch can't control their urges like the hunger for raw meat even in human form. Or they howl, or growl uncontrollably. The 'tame' werewolves would have troubled consciences from not knowing what they've done or suspecting they've done something horrible while they were transformed. They would more control of their wilder urges. There would have to be more but I thought I'd get the ball rolling and see where we can go fleshing out a strengths and weaknesses system.

This makes sense, although I would really like to see both tame and feral werewolves able to eat raw meat, just with different effects/consequences/moodlets.

For that matter, I would really like all sims to be able to eat raw meat (or at least raw fish), just with different consequences. E.g., in a rags to riches challenge, your sims could still stay alive, albeit with negative effects, by eating raw fish if they couldn't afford any cooking items yet.