Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGurus Are Hinting Something. 🤔

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,925 Member
    edited May 2022
    I was wanting to build occult taco bell while waiting but my game seems to disagree because it keeps glitching and crashing *sighs* fine no tacos for you
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,776 Member
    cyncie wrote: »
    I’m wondering if there might be some cross compatibility with RoM due to the use of the word Mooncasters. If a lunar cycle is placed in the game at base, there might be an additional skill tree developed allowing sims, including Spellcasters, to learn moon casting, giving them abilities to counter the werewolves themselves. They gave Spellcasters some skill advantage over regular sims with the medium skills in Paranormal, so I could see that happening here.

It might actually make RoM interesting to me, finally. I've wanted to love that pack and I still want to love it, but hasn't happened yet.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,413 Member
    I’m wondering if there might be some cross compatibility with RoM due to the use of the word Mooncasters. If a lunar cycle is placed in the game at base, there might be an additional skill tree developed allowing sims, including Spellcasters, to learn moon casting, giving them abilities to counter the werewolves themselves. They gave Spellcasters some skill advantage over regular sims with the medium skills in Paranormal, so I could see that happening here.

I was also wondering if there is any form of integration with RoM due to the word caster. It would be cool if there was a connection, or even better a way to get shape-shifting spellcasters. But I am not getting my hopes up too high.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,776 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

I was also wondering if there is any form of integration with RoM due to the word caster. It would be cool if there was a connection, or even better a way to get shape-shifting spellcasters. But I am not getting my hopes up too high.

Shapeshifting spellcasters? Guaranteed I'd finally get into RoM.

But I still want my wolfies. Ahooooooo🌕🐺
  • MsMayMsMay Posts: 440 Member
    Another speculation, what if mooncaster some kind of hybrid of werewitch (half werewolves & half witch)? There maybe slim chances we might get occult hybrid.
  • wrathykinswrathykins Posts: 23 Member
    Those symbols have alot to do with astrology, paganism and starsigns...maybe they'll include starsigns in this pack too?

Pentagrams are the symbol of witchcraft, sun (sun sign), moon (moon sign), there's the symbol for Lilith (the moon with the cross), all of which are components of your birth chart! Some of them look like the symbols for Mars and Venus too, but not quite. Not sure if it means anything though haha
  • LeowyldLeowyld Posts: 73 Member
    Forgive me, my dear Avelina...
  • AllinsimstimeAllinsimstime Posts: 106 Member
    edited May 2022
    Please just tell us when the trailer is coming 😭
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,617 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »

That would completely make sense and also be very cool!

My biggest question about werewolves has been, what is the skill set? I mean, basically, you’re cursed or not. There would definitely be powers and aspirations, but without stretching things too far, a werewolf is what it is. You don’t “master” the art of being a werewolf. But, the skill set might be in the moon casting, which might be available to werewolves to control their transformations, and might also be available to other sims to counter the werewolves. If that’s the case, I would love for Spellcasters to have some advantages in moon casting with cross play to RoM.
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    A good chunk of werewolf lore comes stems from norse mythology (not directly, but there is a strong connection), so that makes sense.

Granted Fenrir isn't EXACTLY a Werewolf. But he is described as a "monstrous wolf" so it checks out. Plus, the Vikings were known for being a warrior culture and for conflict... So I think at the very least, there may be some Nordic inspiration

I was specifically referring to the Ulfheðnar ("wolf coats") which were basically wolf-berserkers of Odin. I don't think they transformed into wolves specifically but they were said to behave/act like wolves in battle and thus had a strong influence on future werewolf mythology.

Ah okay. I always forget the exact name of the the Wolf-berserkers but I do know what you're referring to, and that still makes sense as well actually.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,794 Member
    Leowyld wrote: »

Avelina. Love that name. 😊
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,017 Member
    edited May 2022
    That's like my grandma's name. New game mechanic: hitting other sims with slippers if they swear.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    My biggest question about werewolves has been, what is the skill set? I mean, basically, you’re cursed or not. There would definitely be powers and aspirations, but without stretching things too far, a werewolf is what it is. You don’t “master” the art of being a werewolf.

The same could be said of vampires, honestly.

I don't see any reason any given supernatural being can't have a set of abilities; it's all in the choices of the person writing them (or, in this case, developing them for a game).

But it's not particularly Norse-sounding. Which lends itself to the setting being somewhere in the US, instead of Norway proper. I think the Minnesota theory is the most likely currently.
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member

Interesting.... I wonder what this refers to. Is Avelina perhaps the deceased spouse of a character being shipped with the pack? Who was tragically killed when her spouse wolfed out?
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    OK OK! Is that something royal or something? Cause if it does, I bet we'll never gonna get a Canadian residential-destination world
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,872 Member
    That name makes me think of Assassin's Creed Liberation, as the main character is called Aveline.

But it's not particularly Norse-sounding. Which lends itself to the setting being somewhere in the US, instead of Norway proper. I think the Minnesota theory is the most likely currently.

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,794 Member
    Avelina:

MeaningFrom an English surname which comes from the French name Aveline, originally from the Latin avis, meaning "bird".
  • FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member

I believe it is a Russian name.
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • AllinsimstimeAllinsimstime Posts: 106 Member
    Avelina:

MeaningFrom an English surname which comes from the French name Aveline, originally from the Latin avis, meaning "bird".

So now we’re back to French stuff.

• cynciecyncie Posts: 4,617 Member
    edited May 2022
    bizuktag wrote: »
    My biggest question about werewolves has been, what is the skill set? I mean, basically, you’re cursed or not. There would definitely be powers and aspirations, but without stretching things too far, a werewolf is what it is. You don’t “master” the art of being a werewolf.

The same could be said of vampires, honestly.

I don't see any reason any given supernatural being can't have a set of abilities; it's all in the choices of the person writing them (or, in this case, developing them for a game).

Well, that’s my point. They reached outside of the usual vampire stalking a victim trope and gave us a skill tree that made sense. Mooncasting would make sense for werewolves who want control of their transformations. In Vampires, they also gave all sims the ability to learn and master vampire lore so they could craft potions and make things to ward off vampires. I expect something similar here, but want added cross play with RoM, like they hinted at in Paranormal.
    Avelina:

English was my first impression. And England has been high on the world places list for a while... well, until Lake Lunvik threw a big ol'... spanner in that theory.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,017 Member
    edited May 2022
    Avelina is a Latin/Romance name. You'll see it in places like France, Spain and Portugal.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »

That would completely make sense and also be very cool!

My biggest question about werewolves has been, what is the skill set? I mean, basically, you’re cursed or not. There would definitely be powers and aspirations, but without stretching things too far, a werewolf is what it is. You don’t “master” the art of being a werewolf. But, the skill set might be in the moon casting, which might be available to werewolves to control their transformations, and might also be available to other sims to counter the werewolves. If that’s the case, I would love for Spellcasters to have some advantages in moon casting with cross play to RoM.

Sounds like a good way to handle the "training" aspect. I'd personally probably think of it as a process of "unlearning" (of certain parts of normal human living/life) in order to quell a need to constantly avoid an inner conflict with the werewolf's nature. It's similar with vampires, at least in my personal take on them. The learning part is fairly intuitive, as you suggest, but the unlearning might be a different matter, depending on the kind of creature one wishes or intends to ultimately become. I definitely hope there's some cross-play, and if we're really lucky, maybe with more than just Spellcasters.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top