[FIXED] Loading family just loads Map again

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [ISSUE] Loading family just loads Map again - PLEASE READ FIRST POST

Hero

Not did you also remove any mods you might have and do a factory reset ?

Also which EPs do you have ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 91 of 171 (1,083 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just got the game a few days ago. Do not have any expansion packs, mods, downloads etc. Just the main game downloaded from Origin.

Was playing fine. Shut down and tried playing an hour ago and now I cannot get into the game to play. Have spent the last hour reading this and the previously linked threads. I don't have time to try to debug a game I just spent $60 on.

I want to know if EA is working on a fix that can be downloaded or do I have to get my money back? I had this same issue after I spent hundreds on SIMS 3 and got left in the dark with hung games and no solutions.

Will we get answers or just work-arounds?

Message 92 of 171 (1,078 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I got it to work! Yay! It popped up with the same "pick a sim to play" as before after deleting the easels, but, just for fun, I clicked one, and it actually loaded my household like normal. Thanks for the help!

Message 93 of 171 (1,074 Views)

Hero

@MusicalMinion wrote:

I got it to work! Yay! It popped up with the same "pick a sim to play" as before after deleting the easels, but, just for fun, I clicked one, and it actually loaded my household like normal. Thanks for the help!

Glad to hear.

You get that screen when not all of your Sims are on the same lot so yes, you need to pick the Sim you want to play Standard smile

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 94 of 171 (1,068 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem, as of the new patch. As far as I've checked, none of my relationships are causing problems and I have no mods or extra CC downloaded (other than some lots, but the houses have only base content inside). I can't select a household in any neighborhood either.

My Saves

Message 95 of 171 (1,066 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am sorry but I am having this same issue with the MAP problem, and i dont understand how to "back up" my file. Please help. Frown

Message 96 of 171 (1,053 Views)

Hero

@AzurEdge19 Not sure if I have time to check. I'll be on a break starting tomorrow (need one) and have tons of RL stuff today too

@mirandakelley91 Which step do you have issues with ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 97 of 171 (1,039 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, I am having the same issue. I currently have all expansion pack(s), stuff packs, and game packs. I was going to join my scientist sim at her work, but it went to the select worlds menu. When I try to play her household, it asks me which sim I want to play (I only have one sim), so I choose her and it should take me to the lab she works at, but it goes back to the select worlds menu.

- She does not have any easels in her house

- I tried deleting all households, and playing a new game, but that didn't work either

- I tried deleting the cache, but I do not understand the next step

- I tried saving her household, deleting, and replacing her, but that didn't work either

HELP!!! AngryConfusedTeeth baredFrown

Message 98 of 171 (1,038 Views)

Hero
Did you close down the game completely before trying a new save?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 99 of 171 (1,019 Views)

★★ Novice

What do you mean? Trying a new save when I discovered the problem, or when I tried replacing her?

Message 100 of 171 (1,010 Views)