Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Besides Werewolves what do you think the Gamepack will have in addition?

Since everyone doesn't play with occults Maxis has probably got something in this pack for them. The question is what. I want to think the new world coming with this pack will add more outdoor stuff for sims to do since it's probably a Nature Theme with Werewolves thrown in. I don't think WW's will be the main thing in this pack. I hope it adds some cool objects like photobooths,hammocks and more pool items. The world will probably be an Outdoor Themed Country Type of World granted I know we have Granite Falls but this one may have more mountains,fog etc.

Comments

• Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    RedShoe7 wrote: »
    Werewolves had better be the main thing in a Werewolves pack.

Yeah, seriously. If they were to go with some kind of "outdoorsy stuff and oh yeah, have some werewolves too" approach, that would be... let's just say a really bad approach. I'm sure the pack will have stuff for people who don't particularly like occults, but if it's got werewolves, it should BE about werewolves.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    MsMayMsMay Posts: 440 Member
    edited May 2022
    If the new world in the GP turns out to be another outdoor Nature Theme with Werewolves thrown in. I hope if well done, I hope maybe we get addition for sims to be able to live and camping in the nature in the new world, have an sleepover in their new sleeping bag object, maybe new interaction like sims can “tell ghost stories” (or maybe tell werewolves stories) to scare other sims while they’re having fun camping at the fire. New scared moodlets, sims get scared after other sims telling them creepy stories, sims get creep out or scared when they sometimes hear something creepy in the forest bump in the night, and get scared when they see an werewolves, & etc.
    Post edited by MsMay on
  • Options
    Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    edited May 2022
    I think the kits will tie into all the game play we can expect to come. So those are hints in a way.
    Based on that, and all the hints we have had, I see it adding up like this:
    • We will get a kit for dressing up and having a night out on the town.
    • We will get a kit with camping items, and possibly sleep over stuff. I am thinking of backyard camp-outs based on the teaser we got.
    • For game play. I think we will get something dating related (e.g. a dating app, and hopefully an attraction system). I think if this doesn't come as a BG update, it will be in the chic kit or the pack.
    • Also, I think we could possibly get sleepovers, the back yard camp-out thing.. Likely in the game pack.
    • I think the game pack will be mostly about werewolves. But it could include the the game play above. Both camping, and nights out tie into "going wild," so they fit the theme.

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,833 Member
    I haven't given the kits much thought. My attention is all on the GP.

- I'd love to see a new world for our werewolves. Some sort of English countryside or forested area. A swamp would be cool too. You could have a Rougarou, the Cajun equivalent of the traditional werewolf.
    - A fog effect to add to rain and snow. That feature has so many possibilities beyond werewolf play.
    - A strengths and weaknesses system like what vampires have.
    -Shape shift at will
    -Uncontrolable shape shifting. The wolf in question has no ability to stop the transformation. It might be good for low level werewolves, but make it weakness for higher ones too.
    -Immunity to wolfsbane or silver, but maybe not both. You'd have to choose which one.
    -Can only eat raw meat, even in human form. That would be an interesting weakness.
    -Enhanced sense of smell. That little bit extra above and beyond the norm for a werewolf.
    -Enhanced speed or endurance when running. Same as above.
    -Ability to remain in wolf form indefinitely. Maybe have that tied to a weakness where they lose their humanity and when in human form they
    make others uneasy. Sort of like the vampire undead aura.
    - It might be tough to model, especially for the existing CAS options, but it would be cool if after returning to human form their clothes are torn and dirty.

That's a few thoughts I've had bouncing around. Like I said I have barely thought about what's in the kits or what I want to be in there. I would have if not for this particular GP.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    After the actual Wolfies/Lycans/Beasts; maybe some sleeping bags, new types of tents, new type of cabin walls/floors, torn clothes for children & toddlers, regular body hair for the guys, teething for toddlers, lunar moon cycles & a very cool 9 to 12 lot dark happening world. :pB)
  • Options
    ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member

- I'd love to see a new world for our werewolves. Some sort of English countryside or forested area. A swamp would be cool too. You could have a Rougarou, the Cajun equivalent of the traditional werewolf.
    - A fog effect to add to rain and snow. That feature has so many possibilities beyond werewolf play.
    -Shape shift at will
    -Uncontrolable shape shifting. The wolf in question has no ability to stop the transformation. It might be good for low level werewolves, but make it weakness for higher ones too.
    -Immunity to wolfsbane or silver, but maybe not both. You'd have to choose which one.
    -Can only eat raw meat, even in human form. That would be an interesting weakness.
    -Enhanced sense of smell. That little bit extra above and beyond the norm for a werewolf.
    -Ability to remain in wolf form indefinitely. Maybe have that tied to a weakness where they lose their humanity and when in human form they
    - It might be tough to model, especially for the existing CAS options, but it would be cool if after returning to human form their clothes are torn and dirty.

That's a few thoughts I've had bouncing around. Like I said I have barely thought about what's in the kits or what I want to be in there. I would have if not for this particular GP.

These all sound like great features for werewolves! I’d also hope they wake up naked in the bushes when daylight comes rather than torn outfits.. though I think a couple of torn cas items would be cool for the werewolf form as an option.

Also for the world map, I hope it comes with some kinda secret mining tunnel that once unlocked, travels to the vampire map as they have a blocked off mining tunnel too.. it just goes nowhere 🤷‍♂️ I hope the pack has compatibility with vampires.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I can’t imagine in a werewolf pack, werewolves not being the main focus. But I would love to see a dual world with both a component of a city with apartments and community area, and a forest area like granite falls, I don’t play with occults much, but the occult packs have always come with build buy items that I really like, and use, and also come with worlds ( though a little small ). And I don’t feel like the occults are real out there unless you want them to be, which I like because even when I have played occults I like them to be rather secretive, and special. I’m really looking forward to body hair on Sims, I hope they add eyelashes too. Like so many others, I hope we get an attraction system, and possibly a dating app.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    ddd994 wrote: »

-Shape shift at will

These all sound like great features for werewolves! I’d also hope they wake up naked in the bushes when daylight comes rather than torn outfits.. though I think a couple of torn cas items would be cool for the werewolf form as an option.

Also for the world map, I hope it comes with some kinda secret mining tunnel that once unlocked, travels to the vampire map as they have a blocked off mining tunnel too.. it just goes nowhere 🤷‍♂️ I hope the pack has compatibility with vampires.

I like the idea of torn clothes. This would also be perfect for rags to riches tales as well. 😎 💰.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    edited May 2022
    I hope werewolves are the main focus, not just a side feature. I think a forest themed world would fit really well but the road map gives a city vibe. If it is a city, we could get some new apartments, or perhaps something band related with new instruments.
    Since everyone doesn't play with occults Maxis has probably got something in this pack for them. The question is what. I want to think the new world coming with this pack will add more outdoor stuff for sims to do since it's probably a Nature Theme with Werewolves thrown in. I don't think WW's will be the main thing in this pack. I hope it adds some cool objects like photobooths,hammocks and more pool items. The world will probably be an Outdoor Themed Country Type of World granted I know we have Granite Falls but this one may have more mountains,fog etc.

Whatever other features, I hope if we get werewolves they will be fully developed like vampires and spellcasters. Occults as a side feature in EP are already very minimal, as a side feature in a GP they would turn out to be a joke like the temporary plantsims. We did not get a proper occult since 2019, so I think a pack dedicated to an occult lifestate would be appropriate.
  • Options
    QuaayQuaay Posts: 557 Member
    Werewolves with a side of sasquatch ;)
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Quaay wrote: »

That may be true. The little campers kit has a sasquatch toy and a sasquatch figure in the fireplace design. :lol:
  • Options
    ZussageZussage Posts: 141 Member
    Looking at Spellcasters and Vampires, I think the additional stuff that draws in non-occult players is going to be purely CAS and BB items, and possibly the world.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2022
    Vampires were all about vampires but that's what made it one of the best packs. I understand not everyone likes Occults yet still want something to look forward too in a big pack BUT... A werewolf pack needs to be about nothing else but werewolves!
    But I'm always up for any cool objects or something they want to throw in.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Vampires were all about vampires but that's what made it one of the best packs. I understand not everyone likes Occults yet still want something to look forward too in a big pack BUT... A werewolf pack needs to be about nothing else but werewolves!
    Yes, it’s main focus is vampires, but it added a lot of gothic type furniture too, and lots of tears, and cracks to put on wallpaper and creeping vines and things too. It even added an organ. And the world was perfect for my Goth family. Even though I don’t play Occults much I hope the Werewolves in the pack are well thought out like Vampires. I hope we see some scratched up furniture ( and the non scratched version as well ), and some torn up clothes. Since I doubt ‘the Sims’ are actually going to let sims die from being bitten, and they don’t need blood or plasma to survive, I really wonder what special features Werewolves will be able to develop.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2022
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Yes, it’s main focus is vampires, but it added a lot of gothic type furniture too, and lots of tears, and cracks to put on wallpaper and creeping vines and things too. It even added an organ. And the world was perfect for my Goth family. Even though I don’t play Occults much I hope the Werewolves in the pack are well thought out like Vampires. I hope we see some scratched up furniture ( and the non scratched version as well ), and some torn up clothes. Since I doubt ‘the Sims’ are actually going to let sims die from being bitten, and they don’t need blood or plasma to survive, I really wonder what special features Werewolves will be able to develop.

If you mean in that way I agree. I'm certain it will come with b/b others can enjoy. Vampires really did come with some nice stuff. Shame they never expanded on the goth theme.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    edited May 2022
    Did they announce the gamepack?
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    JestTru wrote: »

Not yet, but if it isn't gonna be werewolves, someone in the marketing department might be in trouble.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2022

Not per se, but on the movie screen in the Little Campers pic was the werewolf movie scene from TS3 and in back of shot a nice big full moon. I'll let everyone else be the judge. As for me...

Ah-ooooooo!!!🐺
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    VeeDub wrote: »

Not yet, but if it isn't gonna be werewolves, someone in the marketing department might be in trouble.

giphy.gif

Too cliche?
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,651 Member
    I’ll be interested in finding out what skill sets they come up with for werewolves. It seems to me that the skill trees and end goals for Vampires and Spellcasters are more obvious than they would be for werewolves, going strictly by legends.
  • Options
    QuaayQuaay Posts: 557 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Quaay wrote: »

That may be true. The little campers kit has a sasquatch toy and a sasquatch figure in the fireplace design. :lol:

If they don't put Bigfoot in the game pack with werewolves then maybe they'll add to Granite Falls sightings in an Outdoor Retreat refresh but I think we'll definitely get for sure...too many hints at it :)
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited May 2022
    I would love a Victorian London type world with cramped and narrow alleys, rows of townhouses (apartments) stacked claustrophobically close, lamps that cast a sickly green glow over the streets, an "exotically" decorated low-brow lounge resembling an opium den, and a dirty Thames river with a bridge that leads to the haunted forest. There is a grand, haunted cathedral in town, and an "abandoned" mausoleum and graveyard in the forest.
    A "Jekyll and Hyde" as well as a "Picture of Dorian Grey" type of atmosphere would fit perfectly with werewolves to me. Build/buy mode could include Gothic themes for the spooky cathedrals, and East Asian themes in teal, red, silver, pearl etc. since imported "exotic" items from East Asia were often status symbols of the upper class - I feel that these items lend a very particular atmosphere to this setting that is very fitting.

This world itself would already be a great treat to me, but extra gameplay could include:
    • The Chinese boardgames Go/Wei Qi and Mahjong.
    • A special herb-infused tea that makes sims dazed/scared/hallucinate and sometimes convinced that they saw a werewolf.
    • Expanded kleptomania trait: pick-pockets are rife in this world.
    • Jewelry-making and blacksmithery: create jewelry, little sculptures etc. from metals and jewels, especially silver.
    • Burrying items under exposed soil/sand (creates small heap), ex. time capsules, valuable items etc.
    • Two collections: "holy relics" and "unholy relics" that can be found across the world. Similarly to Jungle Adventure relics, they have different magics attached to them and either attract or deter the supernatural.
    • Chains and shackle item and dungeon gates: meant to keep werewolves contained when full moon arrives, but can also be used for general evil-doing in the basement.
    • Therapy booth: reminiscent of a confession stand, let your sim spill their dark secrets for some temporary relief of negative emotions.
    • Free update: graveyards and funerals.

Integration with other packs could include:
    • Moonlight affects magic and potions in Realm of Magic.
    • Dogs from Cats and Dogs howl at the moon.
    • Moonlight affects mermaids in Island Living (tide magic etc).
    • Special interactions with vampires and spellcasters. A special type of spell and/or potion that affects each supernatural (ex. bone digged up by werewolf infusion makes spellcaster more powerful during full moon but gives vampires an intense need to be underground, ex. in a basement). An alliance between different types of supernaturals can create a pack or coven with more diverse powers, or a war between supernatural packs and covens strengthens the powers specific to each supernatural species.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    @VeeDub @DaniRose2143 I didn't even notice the werewolf in the movie screen. I had just briefly looked at the kits. There's also a full moon in both kit screens.

I don't know about the chic night kit, have to see more what's in it didn't notice e anything I'd really have my sims wear in the screen shots given. More crop tops is what I noticed and the game has plenty of those.

But the camping kit looks amazing, I will definitely be getting that one.

Still wonder when they'll announce the GP and what the patch might have.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    @JestTru When I ducked into my game before work this morning I noticed the promo for Little Campers was gone and with it the werewolf plushie. At least this morning it was replaced with Chic Nights. Since I'll be home all next week I'd love to hear an announcement next week. I'd love to see a live stream too but there's absolutely no chance of that.😔 Sometimes adulting and working just isn't any fun. Of course if I wasn't working I couldn't afford the werewolf GP, so its a tradeoff.