Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blue Moon Potions, Potables and Ponderings

Comments

• Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,651 Member
    Hello travelers. Time for our midweek check in with all of our supernatural friends. Today we are offering half off any green drink in honor of National Green Juice day. Here at The Blue Moon, all our “juices” are completely organic…depending, of course, on your definition of the word.

So, what will you have? And…how have you been?
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Green Juice and Goblins!

I really hope we get some kind of Occult pack this year, or at least an upgrade to Realm of Magic or even Aliens. And Fantasy counts so if we got Dragons I'd be elated.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Thanks for the tip about the lake, dear bartender! *sits back on stool*

Well, a couple I know are planning to have a baby. Now, whether that baby will be a spellcaster or mermaid, I am not sure, though. If they end up having twins or more than one child, then perhaps they will have all sorts of spellcaster or mermaid children, I guess?
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »
    Green Juice and Goblins!

I really hope we get some kind of Occult pack this year, or at least an upgrade to Realm of Magic or even Aliens. And Fantasy counts so if we got Dragons I'd be elated.

I concur. We would like to welcome even more varied friends to The Blue Moon. Giving our merfolk more attention would be most welcome indeed.
    Thanks for the tip about the lake, dear bartender! *sits back on stool*

Well, a couple I know are planning to have a baby. Now, whether that baby will be a spellcaster or mermaid, I am not sure, though. If they end up having twins or more than one child, then perhaps they will have all sorts of spellcaster or mermaid children, I guess?

My lake is your lake.Very exciting news about your friend! A mix of Spellcasters and Merfolk could prove to be most chaotic. Do keep us posted.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,878 Member
    cyncie wrote: »
    Hello travelers. Time for our midweek check in with all of our supernatural friends. Today we are offering half off any green drink in honor of National Green Juice day. Here at The Blue Moon, all our “juices” are completely organic…depending, of course, on your definition of the word.

I have not been a Plantsim, but I wish I could be! What green organic fluid supplement do you suggest for a wannabe Plantsim?

• Options
    emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Hi @cyncie oh, it comforts me to find this place! I will drink a Green Plasma Smoothie, please... I'm sure you will find some mutant plasma fruits somewhere. If not, you can use the "juice" of a Plantsim >:)

I have hibernated because I am not happy with the game after finding a new vampire bug: my vampires at St Myshuno are now obsessively ordering food from the city Stalls. It is so bad that in only 24 sims hours my once slim vampires (that not eat food) are transformed into gothic muffins :s

Before
    oLBcIRe.png

After
    NvgENE4.png
    b4F3vAl.png

I have no mods neither CC, I'm a vainilla rotational player, has anyone else come across this bug?

A little late, but I will post the picture of my beloved Rubí, spellcaster, master of all Selvadorada relics and guilty of some "suspicious" deaths in my sims world (relics are powerful lol); and her firewolf who actually loves fireplaces. It was a sweet coincidence >:)

qRhEuTk.png
  • Options

I have not been a Plantsim, but I wish I could be! What green organic fluid supplement do you suggest for a wannabe Plantsim?

Ah, welcome back! Plantsim, you say? For you, I will make a Blue Moon special. I’m not saying there’s anything “forbidden” in there, but you never know.

emere wrote: »
    Hi @cyncie oh, it comforts me to find this place! I will drink a Green Plasma Smoothie, please... I'm sure you will find some mutant plasma fruits somewhere. If not, you can use the "juice" of a Plantsim >:)

Hello, and welcome to The Blue Moon. One Green Plasma Smoothie coming up! No worries, @mightysprite. No need to juice a Plantsim. I keep all types of mutant plasma fruit juice in the back. Strictly organic, of course. And sometimes, even legal. 🤫
    emere wrote: »
    I have hibernated because I am not happy with the game after finding a new vampire bug: my vampires at St Myshuno are now obsessively ordering food from the city Stalls. It is so bad that in only 24 sims hours my once slim vampires (that not eat food) are transformed into gothic muffins :s

I have no mods neither CC, I'm a vainilla rotational player, has anyone else come across this bug?

A little late, but I will post the picture of my beloved Rubí, spellcaster, master of all Selvadorada relics and guilty of some "suspicious" deaths in my sims world (relics are powerful lol); and her firewolf who actually loves fireplaces. It was a sweet coincidence >:)

Your vampire associates behavior does seem suddenly obsessive. My first thought was a stray mod, but you say you don’t use them. Would this be concurrent with a recent patch? I know, in the past, some changes to the food/dining programming has caused difficulties with vampires and disrupted their meal behaviors. Maybe others have seen this?

Rubi and her firewolf seem like a lovely pair. I hope to meet them.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,878 Member
    @emere That sounds really unfortunate. I don't have Vampires (yet) and it seems like quite a huge oversight for the game not to disable autonomous eating on them?
    How about autonomous walking in sunlight, do they go out and about during the day while you are playing other sims, and if so, are they hurt by doing so?
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    @cyncie do you have that new fancy holiday drink?

@emere Gothic muffins is my new favourite term for chubby vampires. :joy: I've never seen one though. My vampires have the opposite problem they are so fit and thin. They are pure lean muscle. Maybe it's from sparring or running at fast speeds lol. I wish I could fatten some of them just a little bit. Plasma fruit salad isn't adding much weight to them.

NPC vampires though, that's another story, I don't actually keep them. I delete them when I find them, because they are really quite unattractive gothic muffins aren't they, and not good festival guests. I've also seen them eat food from stalls and then vomit. I haven't noticed it as much as I used to, so I thought maybe it was a bug they fixed, but maybe not maybe they just stay away because they know I will delete them if I see them in San Myshuno. :wink:

My Count Vlad has a wife (Kat Cove) and three kids and I spent forever giving them makeovers recently, so I'm looking forward to playing them next time. I will take a trip to a San Myshuno festival and see what happens.
  • Options
    @Elliandre I have all the holiday beverages you could want. Welcome back.
  • Options
    Ember_FoxEmber_Fox Posts: 46 Member
    Bartender, do you have a plasma drink that helps ease troubles? I could really use that right now. I have lost my lot, my house and my almost full collection of paranormal things. It is a disaster! The past few days I have been forced to sleep in the crypts of a graveyard while trying to sort this mess out.

See I decided to take a break from my job as a paranormal investigator and stepped through a portal to spend a few generations helping a tribe evolve from the Stone Age. Very pleasant people, no sense of fashion. I am quite convinced a spell caster has a portal set to dump their unwanted clothes among my tribe because every birthday they end up in the most awful clothes. I mean hot pink is not a Stone Age look. And fishnets are for fishing. And what in the name of the Watcher do some of them use to colour their hair? Never mind, I don’t want to know.

Anyhow their civilization was coming along nicely and I needed a break from taking care of their fashion crimes and get back to my old life. After all there really is no place like ones first home. I had had it since before I was turned into a vampire so it had sentimental value to me. And then there was also my hidden basement with paranormal collections. Considering how long I had been gone I was expecting there to be need for repairs, some new wallpapers, maybe replace the roof and plenty of cleaning for the bone maid.

But you know what I see when I arrive at my old lot? A nightclub. At first I thought there must be some kind of mistake seeing as a lot had changed over the years. But no, apparently sometime after I left to help the tribe the city declared my home abandoned and had it replaced with the nightclub. And as an extra insult the party fashion appears to be neon coloured fish net. I can’t even…

Oh, it seems my glass is empty. May I have another one?
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    @Ember_Fox that is certainly one tale of woe. Here, have another plasma drink on the house. If the graveyard becomes intolerable (although many of our patrons enjoy them immensely) we do have rather comfortable rooms available at The Blue Moon. When your establishment is at the crossroads of the natural and the supernatural, you must be prepared for every contingency. I hope you’ll continue to share your adventures with us.
  • Options
    @cyncie
    Thank you. And I will gladly take you up on hiring a room for a night or two as long as it has a bed. I have never been comfortable with coffins. Not since… Well, my old master had this old fashioned idea that waking up ones first night as a fledgling buried in a coffin makes for healthy offspring. That might even be true but what I do know for certain is that it makes for some awful nightmares.

I am planning to get back to my job as paranormal investigator. I used to enjoy it greatly when I started out. Night work and plenty of opportunities for visiting different countries all around the world. Though for some reason the citizens living in flats in San Myshuno and Evergreen Harbor would never let me enter their homes forcing me to work from outside their doors... I wonder if they are still that suspicious or if their attitudes have improved since then? I guess I will find out.
  • Options
    I just realized I still haven't tried the paranormal career since I bought the pack. :hushed: I really love the clothing from the pack though. I will have to try it next time I play. It seems really fun. Honestly I don't know why I haven't played it yet. I just haven't thought of it when I open the game because there are no world or Sims to remind me maybe.
  • Options
    @Ember_Fox I think you’ll find room 13 most comfortable.

@Elliandre Paranormal Investigation is a very interesting career. One of my young friends has just gotten started in it. Her second assignment was at the Straud manor. It seems that Vlad was very bothered by specters and creepy dolls. She should do well in the career. It runs in the family on the Guidry side.
  • Options

@Elliandre Paranormal Investigation is a very interesting career. One of my young friends has just gotten started in it. Her second assignment was at the Straud manor. It seems that Vlad was very bothered by specters and creepy dolls. She should do well in the career. It runs in the family on the Guidry side.

It sounds fun. I didn't think you could go on assignments in other lots. I thought you just stayed in the haunted house with the Sim.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Elliandre wrote: »

It sounds fun. I didn't think you could go on assignments in other lots. I thought you just stayed in the haunted house with the Sim.

Once you skill up and obtain your license, you can enter the freelance career. You then get calls for gigs at other lots
  • Options

Once you skill up and obtain your license, you can enter the freelance career. You then get calls for gigs at other lots

ohh that sounds amazing! I will try it next time. :smiley:
  • Options
    @Elliandre
    Another alternative if you have a lot of Satisfaction points is just buying the Paranormal Investigator License from the Rewards store for 3,000 satisfaction points. This will let you start doing gigs immediately even without any Medium skill.

I wouldn’t recommend going this route the first time you try the career, as you miss out on the story and learning how things works, but it is an option and sometimes it can be fun when you want to play a character who have no idea what they are doing and are forced to learn (and maybe fail) on the job.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Ember_Fox wrote: »
    @Elliandre
    Another alternative if you have a lot of Satisfaction points is just buying the Paranormal Investigator License from the Rewards store for 3,000 satisfaction points. This will let you start doing gigs immediately even without any Medium skill.

I wouldn’t recommend going this route the first time you try the career, as you miss out on the story and learning how things works, but it is an option and sometimes it can be fun when you want to play a character who have no idea what they are doing and are forced to learn (and maybe fail) on the job.

Thank you for that. I actually thought you had to buy that in order to play it, so I'm really glad I just checked the forum before playing. I like story driven play so I definitely prefer that. :smile:
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Ember_Fox wrote: »
    @Elliandre

Thank you for that. I actually thought you had to buy that in order to play it, so I'm really glad I just checked the forum before playing. I like story driven play so I definitely prefer that. :smile:

I enjoy that as well :) And all you need to do to get the story started is change your sims lot to “Haunted House Residential”. After a night or two you will have a friendly ghost guide show up that you can socialize with and ask questions. You can also ask him about Paranormal Investigators and he will tell you what you need to do to get a license. Then you just ask him again after you have done it.

One last thing:
    If you decide to live in the Duplantier Dwelling that came with the Paranormal pack you will have all the things you need for a Paranormal Investigator to be. I think it is a really great home and have added it to some of my games. And it might also be fun to read the description for the house as it adds a bit of lore (as do the different build & buy objects if you like reading those).

But if you decide to use a home you already have and change it to “Haunted House Residential” then I would suggest that you buy two things to your home: The “Séance Table” and a “Helping Hand”. These objects allow you to either skill up your Medium skill and handle the spiritual difficulty of your haunted house or change the haunting difficulty to hard mode if that is what you prefer.

Happy haunting!
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Hi @cyncie have you got a Shadow Realm drink?

I downloaded the haunted house into Glimmerbrook @Ember_Fox . It's really great. Thanks for all the tips!

I posted my gameplay story in the what happened in your game today thread if anyone wants to go check out my attempt at becoming a licensed paranormal investigator :lol: So far it's been interesting. I've got haunted energy candy, Bonehilda, a dust bunny, a magic wand, but still no sign of Guidry.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    @Elliandre One Shadow Realm, coming up.

I’m glad you’re finding the Paranormal career interesting! We will definitely enjoy following your progress. As for Guidry, his absence may be due to the presence of the “helpful hand” on the lot. It acts as a toggle to prevent his visits. Generally he comes in the night, pretty soon after the hauntings start.

Ah, there is a bug, though, with existing saves. Check here https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-and-Mod-CC-Issues/Sims-4-Paranormal-Stuff-Pack-No-Guidry-Helping-Hand-Unresponsive/td-p/10003728

Or, maybe he’s just fiddling around…

v4qStbd.png

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Hi @cyncie have you got a Shadow Realm drink?

I downloaded the haunted house into Glimmerbrook @Ember_Fox . It's really great. Thanks for all the tips!

I posted my gameplay story in the what happened in your game today thread if anyone wants to go check out my attempt at becoming a licensed paranormal investigator :lol: So far it's been interesting. I've got haunted energy candy, Bonehilda, a dust bunny, a magic wand, but still no sign of Guidry.

It would seem that the mystery for you is not “Who is she?” but “Where is Guidry?”. That can be an interesting way to play. Otherwise it might be worth to try to change your lot to Residential, play a little in game and then back to Haunted House Residential again. I have noticed that at some rare times a lot in my world “forgets” what it is supposed to be and need a reminder by changing it back. That usually takes care of the problem.

Or maybe make sure to back up your Saves and Tray folders and try a game repair? For me I always get a pop up the second night after I activate the Haunted house that Guidry is coming for a visit and after that Guidry shows up. And it is not always at the most convenient time as I had a teen who were taking a bath and he showed up in her bathroom. She was mortified…

Now if he despite all your attempt still remains missing – Maybe he is on an amazing date and are neglecting his duties or something more sinister has happened to him? – either way that really shouldn’t risk your future as a Paranormal Investigator. I mean from your story it sounds like you are quite the natural coming this far and that is without any guidance! Then you should get the Paranormal license from the Reward store as mentioned before so you can start your career in the paranormal.

Oh, and @Elliandre ? A friendly advice from one Paranormal Investigator to a future Investigator: That empty feeling you have after giving away a piece of your soul? Listen to it. Specters are often quite happy receiving gifts like knitted item, home cooked food and other crafted items. No reason for you to give away years of your life if it can be avoided.
    Post edited by Ember_Fox on
  • Options
    @Ember_Fox I found him! :smiley: I did some redecorating and deleted the hand object, maybe it was blocking him, but I couldn't click on it to change the setting. Then I switched the lot to residential and then back again to haunted in case it wasn't set properly. One of them seemed to have worked. I'm also only giving the specters grilled cheese sandwiches now, can't keep giving away my soul, thanks for the tip :joy:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top