Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No last names?

My mom and I both play the sims using the same origin account, but she doesn't post on the forums so I'm posting this issue for her. Recently (a week or two ago, about) she's noticed that many of the sims being born into her game don't have last names. I thought that at first it was just because her sims were having kids with sims that don't have last names, because I had a family of sims that didn't have last names who were the children of Bertrand, the ghost from Windenburg. But at this point, unless some sim without a last name is really getting around, and this is happening across multiple saves, that seems like...yeah, not it.

She and I both play modded but she says that none of her mods make sense with the problem. Is anyone else having this issue or have an idea about what mod is causing it?

Thanks for reading. :)
  • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
  • She/Her.

Comments

• Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    Sometimes the most unlikely mods can cause problems. Is she getting any LEs? If it persists, it might be time to do a 50=50 with her mods. Or she might try repairing her game.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    Sometimes the most unlikely mods can cause problems. Is she getting any LEs? If it persists, it might be time to do a 50=50 with her mods. Or she might try repairing her game.

Thank you, I will pass on those suggestions and let you know how they pan out! As far as LE's, I don't believe so but I'll ask. :)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited December 2021
    There was a bug which caused sims to lose their names which was not mod related. Maxis have fixed that now (Patch 118) but if you have sims that have lost their names you have to add them back in CAS. The fix does not restore their names but makes sure that it does not happen again.
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    I had this issue in my game. Newly generated townies had no last names. Same thing happened with the last name field for newborn babies.

I just removed the No/Less CL/IL/SE NPC Names mod and now it's working again. It's the same mod mentioned in the AHQ thread above.
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    Thank you everyone for the help! We found out that it was a mod that added a whole bunch of new names for townies- she's removed it now and it seems to have fixed the issue. :)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    I want to say thanks too. I had a mod called more german names, when I've removed it, the last names on a newborn appeared again. It's a pity, that I had to do this, because the vanilla game doesn't offer much variety with the german names.