Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can sims earn some simoleons from making drinks on bar?

Hi, I know I can make some money from selling the drinks in inventory, but I saw the bar was free without NPC bartender in community lot, and my sim was tending bar. A couple of sims ordered drinks, and I can see 30 simoleons are coming into my family fund when my sim serve drinks on bar. Is it a new thing in the sims 4? Is it available to work as a part time job? :D I love this!

Comments

• julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited December 2021
    It has been there all the time , they earn simoleans working as a part time bartender

Not a part time job as such but you could have them go there and bartend instead of having a job
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,915 Member
    Why I often keep 2 bars in some nightclubs, as other one will not spawn a bartender :) So my sim will do it :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    It has been there all the time , they earn simoleans working as a part time bartender

Not a part time job as such but you could have them go there and bartend instead of having a job

This is news to me, I always considered bartending a useless skill that there was nothing to do with it once you got it. My sims don't drink alone so they rarely have a home bar and even when they do, they get the little globe bar.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    I think the Mixology skill is one of the most fun in the game.

One of the Rarest, Most Powerful Recipes: Snaggle Fluster & Mixology
    A guide to getting and using Snaggle Fluster in The Sims 4. This mixology recipe is one of the rarest abilities in the game, because getting it is an extremely specific process and Mixology is not a super commonly-used ability.

Mixology as a Career and Moneymaker
    Mixology drinks can be dragged to the Sim's inventory and sold for a profit at higher level. At first, they will sell for less than the cost to make them. You'll earn more as your level rises, and drink values can be influenced by the Marketable trait. So, the skill can stand alone as a money-maker. Thanks to SWolfie on our forum for making me aware of this.

Sell Drinks by dragging them from the bar to the sell icon in your Sim's inventory. You can actually sell them after your Sim has finished drinking it, as well. Values listed are the highest possible on most, with level 10 bartending and the best bar to boost quality. Taking the Marketable Reward will further boost these values

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/skills/mixology/
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited December 2021
    I think the Mixology skill is one of the most fun in the game.

One of the Rarest, Most Powerful Recipes: Snaggle Fluster & Mixology
    A guide to getting and using Snaggle Fluster in The Sims 4. This mixology recipe is one of the rarest abilities in the game, because getting it is an extremely specific process and Mixology is not a super commonly-used ability.

Mixology as a Career and Moneymaker
    Mixology drinks can be dragged to the Sim's inventory and sold for a profit at higher level. At first, they will sell for less than the cost to make them. You'll earn more as your level rises, and drink values can be influenced by the Marketable trait. So, the skill can stand alone as a money-maker. Thanks to SWolfie on our forum for making me aware of this.

Sell Drinks by dragging them from the bar to the sell icon in your Sim's inventory. You can actually sell them after your Sim has finished drinking it, as well. Values listed are the highest possible on most, with level 10 bartending and the best bar to boost quality. Taking the Marketable Reward will further boost these values

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/skills/mixology/

This is the one what I have learned all about the mixology skill. But this time was different. I can bring some screenshots tomorrow. My sim was actually earning 30 simoleons while making drinks by other sims’ orders.

edited December 2021

It could have been patched sometimes while I was away from the sims 4. There were only 2 ways to earn money as a mixologist. Working at the bartending branch in culinary career and selling the drinks by dragging them into sim’s inventory when the sims 4 was released. I might guess this has been available since DU was released, because you can get the bartending certificate while taking skill classes several times.

• ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Wow I had no idea about this.I like the Mixology skill. I really like the little globe bar too that makes a tray of drinks
    edited December 2021
    Jeansoo wrote: »

It could have been patched sometimes while I was away from the sims 4. There were only 2 ways to earn money as a mixologist. Working at the bartending branch in culinary career and selling the drinks by dragging them into sim’s inventory when the sims 4 was released. I might guess this has been available since DU was released, because you can get the bartending certificate while taking skill classes several times.

Bolded part, as I do now remember you once needed a mod for it, but it got outdated, and I haven't had it for a long time. I only realized sims get tips without it when I started one challenge back at last January, and she could get tips , as the bar in SE world did not spawned a bartender (mod, no random townies).

Sorry double post, but as my sim is currently at Batuu, I decided to try, and yes she got 10 credits as tip per drink, just level 1 in mixology.
    MVOuqVE.jpg

edited December 2021

20.jpg

19.jpg

18.jpg
    That's it. But the sad point is that other sims keep ordering ONLY Sweet and spicy drinks, and my sim keeps earning ONLY 30 simoleons. My sim's mixology skill level is 10. Please try to order other drinks! My sim can make Sunset valley, Granny something and all emotional drinks as well. :D I don't use any mods for this. I double checked. My sim was working in the bar at University town.

• babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    That's it. But the sad point is that other sims keep ordering ONLY Sweet and spicy drinks, and my sim keeps earning ONLY 30 simoleons. My sim's mixology skill level is 10. Please try to order other drinks! My sim can make Sunset valley, Granny something and all emotional drinks as well. :D I don't use any mods for this. I double checked. My sim was working in the bar at University town.
    Just curious, is your sim’s favorite drink the Sweet and Spicy?
    babajayne wrote: »

Have no idea. I haven't asked him to make his favorite one. I can try and will let you know. :)

edited December 2021
    babajayne wrote: »

I just made his favorite drinks and it was fizzy fruity drink. :) I like that drink too.