Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Packs

What has happened to the release of packs ,
No word for a while on any coming out , just the constant release of the kit packs which i haven't touched as i am not interested in their content

Comments

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    the world wide thing that slowed everything down.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,865 Member
    No word for a while on any coming out , just the constant release of the kit packs which i haven't touched as i am not interested in their content

We don't know. 😄 Hopefully we'll get some news in the new year.
  • Options
    Gordy wrote: »
    the world wide thing that slowed everything down.
    Yeah, the protests over the lack of dragons really slowed things down. I'm glad people are in the streets and making their voices heard, though.

lol good one .
  • Options

We don't know. 😄 Hopefully we'll get some news in the new year.

yes here's hoping for a good 2022 :):)
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    And the RMS Titanic will be making port in Boston Harbor under her own power. Am increasingly suspecting that they've switched over to kits. Easier and faster to make with fewer resources committed. For all the hype, TS4 does seem to be yesterday's news with EA. Be nice if I could share your hope, but can't. Pack-wise, things have been too quiet too long.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I'm not too anxious to be seeing any new packs honestly.

Don't mind seeing more pack refreshes though which I hope another one is comin soon.

Just waiting for more improvements for the base game and sims themselves.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I am cautiously hopeful that they are attempting to fix core gameplay issues with the game before adding more buggy packs. Not really into the kits either, since my game requires more significant gameplay features and less build/buy or CAS content.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Nothing has "happened" - but we were told (I believe) in the August 411 that the second half of 2021 would be focused on a pack refresh (Spa Day), Kits, and base-game content & updates. And that is what we have seen. Cottage Living was the last big pack for this year - and I am okay with that. It's a doozy.

We've also been told that every pack increases the difficulty of QA (bug fixes) exponentially. They are probably combing through some older code, to patch up older packs and assure future ones can be created with fewer unintended complications. We do know that there are multiple YEARS worth of packs in the pipeline - including (it is hinted) a likelihood of some further occult life-states.

We'll know more with the January "Inside Maxis" stream. The devs and gurus really do talk rather a lot about current projects, and a little about future plans. Packs are in the plans - just not in the rest of this year.
  • Options
    And the RMS Titanic will be making port in Boston Harbor under her own power. Am increasingly suspecting that they've switched over to kits. Easier and faster to make with fewer resources committed. For all the hype, TS4 does seem to be yesterday's news with EA. Be nice if I could share your hope, but can't. Pack-wise, things have been too quiet too long.

Its true the sims 4 would make a awful boat I don't think the game case could keep you above water.
  • Options
    EdieApplebyEdieAppleby Posts: 134 Member
    Yea. No kits have seemed worth any money at all. Just expensive, worst cc, with fewer options... not sure why I'd pay for that. But I'm sure they're making a boatload of money... Good for them. Hopefully we get good packs next year. Cottage Living was decent... I'm actually not mad I paid full price for it...
  • Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Nothing has "happened" - but we were told (I believe) in the August 411 that the second half of 2021 would be focused on a pack refresh (Spa Day), Kits, and base-game content & updates. And that is what we have seen. Cottage Living was the last big pack for this year - and I am okay with that. It's a doozy.

We've also been told that every pack increases the difficulty of QA (bug fixes) exponentially. They are probably combing through some older code, to patch up older packs and assure future ones can be created with fewer unintended complications. We do know that there are multiple YEARS worth of packs in the pipeline - including (it is hinted) a likelihood of some further occult life-states.

We'll know more with the January "Inside Maxis" stream. The devs and gurus really do talk rather a lot about current projects, and a little about future plans. Packs are in the plans - just not in the rest of this year.

Sims 4 really seemed to start out like "fighting the last war"—then the explosion of "sell one basegame for a decade's worth of play" happened—either through live service games or endless DLC—and EA/Maxis now has to rejigger their game on the fly to adjust to that new reality.

Personally, I love the direction the industry's taken—as a singleplayer-only gamer, I always looked on a bit enviously at MMO players and their constant new content. If done right, it's the best of all worlds. If done wrong...it's a shameless cash grab best avoided.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    SimsJediSimsJedi Posts: 26 Member
    edited December 2021
    I'm 100% sure Kits are a response to the global pandemic slowing down game development across the industry as a whole. The Sims team puts out an insane amount of DLC each year compared to any other singleplayer game out there, and they are continuing to do so while there's still a pandemic going on. I don't think there's any reason to catastrophize, especially when we're already really fortunate to get all this new content on a yearly basis. Like @ACruelButLovingGod said, normally it's only MMOs that get this kind of attention, and even then, not nearly as much new packs in a year. Just be patient and more packs will come.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited December 2021
    Tbh I don't have sims budget left for the year anyway :lol: so this works out nice for me

I'm usually just being sad that I can't buy whatever the last pack of the year is immediately anyway

cause the sims fund is usually replenished on christmas (or well i hope so) and I'm always just a little short on fun stuff money this time of year
    :sweat_smile:

+ I'm still desperately wishing this is sign that they are planning romance gp/ep aiming for valentines release :innocent::heart:

(i mean probably not but if i ever had situation to make that speculation imma use it :lol: )
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    I now just wonder if they will keep pushing out kits until TS5 is released , The silence is deafening from EA about any future plans
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I havent even updated my game in like 3 months since I dont see the need. I dont buy kits, the game is still buggy so why add more bugs, and the new bg content doesn't interest me, so Ive basically been on a sims hiatus. Hoping we get news of a real pack soon, but until then Ive got other games that have been keeping me occupied.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    I now just wonder if they will keep pushing out kits until TS5 is released , The silence is deafening from EA about any future plans

There's no deafening silence.
    We have known for months that we will get nothing but kits and free stuff during the Seaons of Selves (e.g. until January 2022).
    They also stated that the next EP is in the works.
    Moreover December has almost always been a dry month for new content - with mostly only one patch that brought some horrible bugs to persist over the Christmas holidays.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen