Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Attempt At Storytelling + Random Moments... [The Headmaster Pt. 1] pg. 1

AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
Where to begin... I've been wanting to do this for a while but I was sort of in a slump when it came to simming (Life getting in the way, etc.). I just did a fresh install of the game as well after not having it downloaded since 2017, wow right?
I've been playing TS3 for the longest time but I've been wanting something different and seeing as I haven't played TS4 in YEARS, I thought "why not try it out again with a multitude of patches and see what's new while also try telling a story to?!". I also remember really liking building but back then the lack of CASt was a huge turn off for me, but looking at it now it kind of takes the pressure off 'being creative' if that makes sense.
And besides sharing screenshots every now and then I've never tried telling a story before but I think it will be cool, a way for me to get more out of playing the game. :)

This is also a *first* impression (since it's been so many years) of the game, different features, things that have been added or removed in the last few years, or just random things I notice.

I plan on doing updates a few times a week, but then again that depends on life. And even if no one reads this I'll just do this for myself as a creative outlet, LOL.

So enjoy... or don't, I can't tell you what to do. :D
Post edited by Astro on

Comments

• AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    edited September 2021
    [Meeting The Roomies]

Let's see who we're working with.
    This is Hannah, artsy nerd. Loves music, hates the color black. I plan on starting her on the photography skill and eventually have her start an art/photo gallery. But we'll see where that goes.
    kBc9KKb.png

Next we have Kole, aspiring chef. Was considering making him a 'bro' but settled on chef. Maybe a restaurant owner in the future?
    GE7glct.png

And last we have Mae, future criminal mastermind. Might have her be a gardener on the side- after all the criminal career is not an active job and I want to be more involved in her life.
    zfverp3.png

Continue reading below...
    Oh the joys of starting a new household, ugly starter homes. We'll change that soon, even with the little funds we have.
    AyRcGR2.png

My attempt at bringing a more modern style to the home, not bad given the lack of funds.
    aMXpDDu.png

Hmm, issues with shadows? Have to find a fix for this, they look way to pixelated. Not a fan of that.
    LPpuwbr.png
    58ZeJZU.png

*Kock Knock* "Welcome Wagons's here". Great :|
    kTfYgMF.png

Really hoping none of my sims like fruitcake...
    rwMQMq4.png

I think Mae found here first victims to complete her Mischief tasks for her job.
    ZbKMmYB.png

Bleh, shame we don't have enough Simoleons to refurbish the whole house.
    gTnzOdf.png

"Is this really the kind of kitchen you want a future culinary expert honing his skills?" Sorry dude, were strapped for cash.
    YuKfHlv.png

I feel drawn towards the dining room, we need to do something with it.
    2K0JjZg.png

That's a little better.
    conaj4c.png

I think for now a career in Business will suit Hannah, just to get her funds up.
    z6G5Q90.png

Let's see how long it takes for Mae to become enemy #1 for this townie.
    Bojpy5i.png

Kole ranting to Johnny about the ugliness of the house, once again, sorry dude.
    707t28g.png

Hannah looks so cute in her blazer, the chunkiness of the hair in this game isn't turning me off a whole lot. May dabble in some CC hair soon though. I need hair that doesn't look so... rubbery.
    svlkGct.png

No money for a TV, this nice art piece will have to fill the empty space for now.
    opV8RFm.png

Hannah seems to like it, she does have the Materialistic trait so new things are always nice to her.
    IVQJ44P.png

It seems like Kole likes fruitcake, you disappoint me.
    hYDCGwz.png

LOVEEE how the shadows come through the windows!!!
    jwTq8ef.png

Seeing all the set dressing and knowing I can't go there will take some getting used to.
    frB6oHS.png
    Post edited by Astro on
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,952 Member
    I hope you come to enjoy Sims 4. I think it will take some time to get used to the feel of it. I like your start. You made nice upgrades to the home given their modest funds. But I'm really curious about who sleeps where - there's only one double bed and one single bed? So two of the sims are literal roommates or is someone on the couch?
    edited September 2021
    [Days In Their Lives]

Early morning chats with the roomie.
    Maya's criminal job is a night job so she sleeps most of the day, which is nice. I like having the dynamic between the three of them.
    ZznJv7H.png
    HIzT64S.png
    sJmJTxj.png

Time for Hannah to go off to work, unfortunately she was in an uncomfortable mood and she didn't get any of her daily tasks done for her job.
    Won't be seeing a promotion any time soon.
    fZHe8CF.png

With Hannah at work and Maya still asleep I decided to send Kole to the museum in an attempt to get him inspired so that way he could begin on his aspiration cooking challenges.
    KgwVcmo.png

I hate the 'I have to pee walk'.
    6iHKves.png

This place is kind of boring, something I will do at some point is fill it with art that can effect emotions, then the museum will actually serve a purpose.
    SvMJRbF.png

Yeah, this place ain't doing nothing for Kole.
    alJmsGt.png
    5oDRLps.png

Kole was at least able to meet some people while there, so it wasn't a complete waste of a trip.
    sK2T0u2.png

The scene outside was a little different, every sim on the lot was fixed on this wheelbarrow, not sure why, lol.
    And Kole had to see what the fuss was about .
    eLBJ2oG.png
    WaD4tan.png
    I3ZH9uB.png

This game sure is pretty to look at, shame all theses lots are blocked by a loading screen.
    tjFYYaw.png

Maya finally woke up, and not in a good mood... I think Kole is the only one that wakes up happy, but he doesn't have a job currently so that would probably explain it, LOL.
    JOOI3UP.png

With Maya being awake now and having work in a few hours it was time to get her daily Mischief tasks out of the way. And who better to do them on then random passerby's?
    WYtpYgm.png

A little pleasant conversation, then going in for the kill!
    O9IEVUY.png
    fr78fCf.png

Kole was finally inspired after reading a book!
    Time to get cookin'.
    1Qc9zDD.png

Ah, yes; the public bench is better to take a nap on than your bed which is less than 50 feet away...
    u0f3CPG.png

Hannah made it home, in an even worse mood than before she left.
    82Sy58b.png
    uGhMimZ.png

Bad food definitely won't help a bad day.
    S6X8qod.png

Oop.
    wHxMj9y.png

After a quick nap I decided to send Hannah and Kole out to the local Lounge to Hannah in a better mood and for Kole to meet some more people.
    aQnasQm.png

Not caring for the layout of this place. My list of lot 'renovations' is getting long.
    S37G1ZO.png

Hannah autonomously went to the violin.
    Not sure if that's for you girl..
    Gli1DWH.png
    rR5zvpQ.png

Kole met someone new.
    EUFEcjg.png

Hannah moved on to stand up comedy, I think this is working better for her.
    jekeS3J.png
    6cunhWI.png

It was time for Maya to head to work!
    I figured it would be cool for her work (Criminal) outfit to be a disguise. She can't be recognized while doing illegal activities.
    OhG9U4K.png

But the night wasn't over for Kole. Johnny Zest called him and invited him to "Knight Knight" at a bar in Windenburg...
    And to my surprise, the Knights did not disappoint.
    pDIflyB.png
    2cbOah1.png

Post edited by Astro on
    haneul wrote: »
    I hope you come to enjoy Sims 4. I think it will take some time to get used to the feel of it. I like your start. You made nice upgrades to the home given their modest funds. But I'm really curious about who sleeps where - there's only one double bed and one single bed? So two of the sims are literal roommates or is someone on the couch?

Thank you.
    And one room has a single bed, the other has two singles. I kind of just let them choose where they wanted to sleep on the first night then made those their assigned beds.

I've been playing for a few days now and surprisingly I'm getting used to most of the things I was worried about disliking. One of my biggest gripes so far is how much sims gravitate towards their phone if they don't have any interactions queued. But that's very similar to real life, isn't it? :D
    edited December 2021
    [The Halliwell Sisters: Pt. 1]

I finally bought some EP and GP and I wanted to dive into them using some new Sims.
    Welcome Piper, Prue, and Phoebe, The Charmed Ones.
    (I'm not liking how Piper turned out but I'll make some tweaks to her later on)
    BHxpjnv.png

A before and after of me editing the house to make it a little more true to the actual house.
    cSwAODM.png
    O5Vq78e.png

I'm not a fan of the layout of the top floor, but for now I'll just have Piper and Phoebe share the bigger room and since Prue is the oldest she can have the smaller room to herself.
    pygBhlb.png

The living room is beautifully decorated. :)
    fYNL8Gk.png
    6xHk6Ic.png

Prue will be a collector of rare objects and artifacts. She will soon go on adventures to remote locations in search for oddities to put in her Museum/Art Gallery. This will be fun! But for now, let's read a book!
    ztUvtdf.png

Piper is supposed to be the chef of the house, but since she and Phoebe went to bed already Prue took up the job to cook for the house. Just this once though.
    EwapqTG.png
    QRQTBgz.png

Prue enjoyed her burnt eggs.
    HkMJBBs.png

Piper and Phoebe finally woke up the next day, absolutely famished.
    nAvRjpt.png

Piper woke up in a terrible mood, or is that just her normal face?
    T8oTF0H.png

Phoebe aspires to be a best-selling author, we will begin that soon! But first you need to channel your inner Medium. We have to make sure the house isn't haunted by any spirits!!
    0IJtyEQ.png

And we're good! For now, at least. Hopefully no one has died on the lot yet. *cough* *cough*
    MuRSrfJ.png

zyyrgam.png

Piper needed to practice her magical abilities, wouldn't want to be caught by a warlock with a low level magic!
    g7ocoZo.png
    jzPYNJs.png
    bEaYuVq.png

I love how leveling up Magical abilities unlocks new spells! Some of these will be very helpful for maintenance around the house.
    GO27QVr.png

Phoebe got right to work on her writing.
    ZUYSpsQ.png

"Phoebe, I miss Grams so much! Especially lately, I feel like she died so suddenly and just left us... we have these magical abilities but for what? We can't even tell anyone!"
    NpruRhY.png

"I know, but that's why we have each other, Piper."
    DuV40EN.png

Piper glanced out the window and noticed someone walking up to the house, strange, she didn't seem familiar... And following her a few more people.
    XZWmpa3.png
    vr4vpkO.png

"Let's see what this is about."
    (I think this is just her natural face, LOL)
    yHxGAcs.png

The strange people introduced themselves as just friendly neighbors from down the street, but something seemed off...
    uckwCQo.png

Prue took a liking to this one, but I just had to make some adjustments...
    feytH2Z.png

That's better!
    8KdmRxO.png

After everyone having some disgusting fruitcake the guests finally left.
    "These people are very strange", Piper thought.
    DcINQ09.png

Phoebe wen't back to practicing her writing...
    XrxZ3Ze.png

"Phoebe, those people seemed weird. It was like they already knew us. But how could they? We've never met them before?"
    "Yeah, it was really weird... But all I know is that one guy couldn't take his eyes off of you, and it seemed like you couldn't either!"
    cGoVrLr.png

But as much as Phoebe was making light of the situation, she had a funny feeling about the whole encounter with the strangers. Or maybe it was just writers block...
    gEHp5uo.png

Prue decided to go for a walk outside to clear her head.
    eIVITxj.png

"Hmm, strange. What's this?"
    dLgHPLs.png

x5AcD4s.png
    6rOml1p.png

She found a strange crystal. Looks cool enough, let's keep it. Oohh! And some time capsules!

The time capsules contained some MySims figures, Prue displayed them on her bedroom dresser.
    JrvtqPB.png

That night, Prue tossed and turned. She had weird dreams about the neighbors, some distant realm, and Grams...
    lQufbhJ.png

She woke with a start! She heard a noise downstairs, but no one was there. All of a sudden she felt a weird warm sensation in her pocket. It was the crystal. She took it out, something told her to try and use her powers on it.
    rPh0yQS.png
    ClY3nSi.png

When Prue opened her eyes she found herself in a weird place, somewhere she hadn't been before, only seen, in a dream...
    "What is this place?"...
    LkpKRBi.png

Post edited by Astro on
    edited December 2021
    [The Halliwell Sisters Pt. 2]

A stranger walked over. Prue introduced herself.
    "What is this place?"
    "It's a safe place for all those with magical abilities. Maybe you should go inside and speak to one of the others."
    05FdYRl.png
    Hm, wonder what these are for... We'll snag one just in case they come in handy.
    WXPXeNT.png

The world itself is cool, but the building is a little lackluster. We can fix that later.
    yneR9qx.png
    hxi2GcG.png
    rUsUuOz.png

Prue walked in to the the building, it had a huge entrance.
    rDBURrj.png

And who do we see here???? The "friendly neighbors"?!
    "I knew they were acting suspicious. Like they new something we didn't." Prue thought.
    Prue went over to talk to Darrel, he didn't have much to say, but Prue found out that he was engaged to Emilia.
    3nS0fGM.png

Don't be sad, we can get Emilia out of the picture soon enough.
    SvCZ1R4.png

She saw Grace pass by. Maybe she could tell her more about this strange place.
    VbKTbM1.png

"Grace, you have to tell me what this place is, why I'm here. I guess it's clear now that I have magical powers but why was I called here?"
    niYzsux.png

"This place was created years ago by... well, you'll see. You can hone your magical powers and learn new things, as well as meet new people. You're here now because she thought it was time for you to finally see this place. Just go downstairs and you'll see..."
    BUpd2jy.png

Prue wen't downstairs unsure of what she was going to find.
    AANsxES.png

Prue couldn't believe what she was seeing, it was Grams!
    ZQZme7E.png

While Prue was shocked to see her, Grams seemed like she new Prue was coming, like she had been waiting.
    Grams invited Prue to her living space a level lower, so they could talk privately.
    lNpKmSD.png

"I have so many questions! We thought you were dead, but you're here. I just don't understand."
    nqmsmeY.png

"Well dear, I hate to tell you but I am dead... I am able to live out my afterlife here because I created this place. I call it "The Realm"."
    "But how? I know we have magical powers, but you must be really powerful!"
    "Oh, I am. We come from a long line of magical beings, but we are being hunted and the real world is dangerous. I wanted to create a safe space for those who possess good magical powers to come and learn and be able to defend themselves against the dangers in the real world."
    nqmsmeY.png

"But there must be some way you could come back to the real world? Piper and Phoebe need to see you!"
    ILS3OvO.png

"I'm afraid not dear. But now that you know about this place you will be able to bring them here. It's time that you girls were able to access the full potentials of your powers."
    dixeqe2.png

"Prue, I can give you a piece of me to take back to the real world so that I can always be there to watch over you. Here, do after me."
    hvi4CsU.png
    WvlXTG6.png

RFFOSSM.png

"Woah."
    e7o0bm9.png

"Pretty cool Grams."
    8aB5ddQ.png
    20EZ7w3.png

Grams taught Prue a thing or two about potion making as well, something she can tell Piper and Phoebe about when she returns.
    L0b3k4d.png
    IYuCiHQ.png

But alas, it was time to go.

"You must go Prue. Tell your sisters and and come back soon."
    "It feels likes it's been ages since I've seen you. I'm so happy you're here though and we can talk."
    "Oh dear, it won't be long till our next visit, and even better your sisters will be here too!"
    hOJjpEH.png

"Till next-time Grams."
    XANE9z9.png

Wow, this kitchen needs some major work...
    2Gpnrcy.png

It seems as though Prue wanted an outfit change before going back to the real world. And she was a little sad about her departure from Grams.
    SvnZjQd.png

No time had passed since Prue left the real world, everyone was still asleep and Prue was exhausted.
    8VhummE.png

As exciting as the news was that Prue had for her sisters it would have to wait till morning.
    TXRR6Rn.png
    Post edited by Astro on
    edited December 2021
    [The Terrible Two's]

My other stories will (eventually) get revisited.

Something I realized I haven't done, really ever, was play a sim from at least toddler to adult. I either get burned out or just bored. But I figured if I had more than one toddler, then that would keep things interesting, and challenging.

In my game Cassandra Goth has aged up to and adult and after being single for so many years but yearning to have her own family, so, on a whim, she adopted 4 toddlers.

Luna...
    aNRSHY6.png

Marcus...
    eseZVuX.png

Jade...
    QWujg95.png

& Milo.
    LxnIXX8.png
    Raising them was not easy, one second they're happy...
    SsVmoxC.png

...and the next, not so much.
    B8fvGBr.png

My plan was to max each toddlers skills before aging them up to children. It was tough work for Cassandra.
    She often put her own needs aside for the kids, which at times was shown clearly.
    2xzzZQF.png

Right in the mess recently made by Luna... :)
    zs6iUey.png

Now seemed like a good time to hire a maid, and hope they did their job.
    0XbvCoD.png

"You got a lot of work ahead of you."
    gDf8sll.png

Ah, yes, the old 'mopping up the leaves' trick.
    o2LRvCY.png

Cassandra gained quite a bit of weight through the next few months. Often times she would only have time to eat a junk food before having to tend to the next toddler.
    VlvezGt.png

But taking some jogs around the neighborhood and running on the treadmill eventually trimmed her up back to a decent weight.
    5A4fqai.png
    RrywY0d.png

Looks chilly...
    6lIeuLf.png
    FEPYIUS.png

The toddlers, spent a lot of time sleeping...
    WiKFWwM.png
    75UQOJ8.png

Making messes...
    ATQecSz.png

Playing together, and building their skills up...
    G9dNa8m.png
    DTPbGEh.png

Autumn turned to Winter...
    knRe2mT.png
    5snprWO.png

And one by one they were ready to move on to the next stage of life, childhood.
    rVL8zwf.png
    VO2TJAc.png
    JQCdtQO.png
    2wlJZKr.png
    Z06dDQ0.png
    Y0WL41w.png

Post edited by Astro on
    edited December 2021
    [Woes of Childhood]

Each of the toddlers maxed out their skills before aging up, and the trouble of having 4 toddlers was finally mellowed out when they aged up to children.

I think Luna will be great in the medical field when she becomes an adult, I gave her the Whiz kid aspiration.
    Z06dDQ0.png
    2wlJZKr.png

Not a good fit...but easily changed.
    XuISOZJ.png
    4OaD174.png

I noticed Luna usually had a bad temper, I'm thankful for the Parenting skill because Cassandra has had to use it quite a bit with these kids, especially Luna.
    WjyNU15.png
    PFZ0f1B.png
    R7N7hNP.png

As a toddler, Marcus was quite the social butterfly. So why not give him that aspiration as a child. :)
    JQCdtQO.png
    0HfHJOL.png

Also, quite photogenic; perfect for becoming a celebrity later on on life.
    BLP6Cdx.png

Marcus proved to be very responsible, always taking out the trash and cleaning up around the house.
    5an0WGb.png

Luna always stayed on top of her school work.
    zTO2d50.png
    FuZ6oLF.png

Then it was Milo's turn to age up.
    VO2TJAc.png
    Cs9DaPv.png

He was very playful as a toddler as was the first out of the group to max his motor skill, so he got the Rambunctious Scamp aspiration.

And last but not least, Jade maxed her toddler skills and was able to age up.
    rVL8zwf.png

She had a good sense of style so I decided to give her the Artistic Prodigy aspiration and as an adult maybe she can be a style influencer, or maybe we could go the other way and she could be a famous artist.
    K5qcYht.png

With the kids being children now I was able to give parts of the house a makeover.
    The dining area actually resembled a dining area now as before it was filled with high chairs and many, many toys.
    LRiMN7h.png

The girls' room looked a lot nicer... and more personal for the girls because they could use their artwork to decorate the walls.
    P7eGhHz.png
    3wjy3yH.png

The kids really enjoyed each others company, they would often congregate to the girls' room to play together and chat.
    LoYhSz8.png

The days were spent at school, doing homework/projects, and completing aspiration tasks.
    The kids made a good friend, who happened to be a nearby neighbor, Evie. She would often come by after school to hang out.
    bPSBoQ9.png
    wizyc8a.png
    ZjYrCgT.png
    wxBholG.png

The kids really enjoyed her.
    ax7C3dM.png

One night the 'monster under the bed' made some appearances, not just in the girls's room, but the boys room as well.
    4E9bK6B.png
    MaCqkvv.png

Cassandra to the rescue!
    2NmjEqU.png
    drV8scS.png

The harsh blizzards meant Christmas was fast approaching. :)
    5snprWO.png

And no one decided to wear the winter clothing...
    ISJiqJJ.png

But alas, it was time to open presents.
    9fPOsSO.png
    8u9L94z.png

And waiting for... ?Santa Claus?
    Last time I checked, Santa was supposed to have a white beard? Oh well.
    cDBVcfJ.png
    qaCWfbI.png
    Post edited by Astro on
    edited December 2021
    [The Headmaster Pt. 1]

With the kids having almost completed their aspirations it was time to create our headmaster for the Prep School the kids would be attending as teens.

Welcome Allen, and his daughter Lilly.
    BzjgcQ0.png
    hoO4mC8.png

I moved them into a starter home in Willow Creek. They wouldn't be here for long though, just till Allen gets his Psychology Degree.
    I added another room for Lilly, the layout turned out quite well.
    yzxDst2.png
    c9NSLik.png

Allen was accepted to Ubrite, he would start the semester on Monday.
    aMzgKF9.png

I gave him the max amount of classes (4) for each semester, I was anxious to get the prep school started.

Lilly was given the Artistic child aspiration, between homework much of her time was spent at the crafting table, she quite enjoyed it.
    uGq2NXh.png
    RPC2Apk.png

First day of classes for Allen, and first day of school for Lilly. :)
    xjxrtKm.png

Townie fashion is downright atrocious at times...
    Krpz7td.png

The weeks were spent with Lilly doing homework and projects...
    NlS4WBY.png
    lNd28Wt.png

...and Allen doing term papers and presentation boards.
    n7sEFxt.png
    uOMuSDN.png
    W0tACR3.png

Lilly continued to work on her aspiration.
    BQIJ5eR.png

At the end of the semester Allen took up knitting, he became quite good at it.
    TCPzbuy.png

He would gift his knitted clothes to Lilly.
    9lRG1CY.png

Lilly decorated her room with many of her drawings and creations from the art table.
    Zh7aDAk.png

The next week was more of the same with homework and presentations for Lilly and Allen.
    abUEOy7.png

Towards the end of the second semester I was getting bored with the grind of school and decided to send them both to the park to meet some new people.

Maybe not the best idea to do in the middle of a blizzard... :/
    QDwxHgR.png

Lilly wasn't happy with the weather.
    IG748H2.png

Oops.
    6oVjvOa.png
    wVAjiYb.png

And who is this we see? Luna!
    I'm glad the game sent her here, it provided a natural way for her to meet Lilly and Allen, as they would be at the prep school together.
    hDslAfd.png

They both look upset with the weather conditions.
    Il0Jhbd.png

They met Yuki Behr, she seemed nice.
    dICcRHe.png

Lilly met Jade as well, they played on the jungle gym together.
    IgvLHAa.png

And what is this that Allen sees in the distance...?
    MU81Fnu.png

A wishing well!
    1m4wT2W.png

He wished for money, since they were running low on funds.
    xxKoa7a.png

LpELGqj.png
    yz9rbKf.png
    PZfS2v9.png

Hmm, the conditions for obtaining the money was that Allen would have to blackmail someone. What's wrong with having one enemy, hehe.
    5DwLouu.png

That was a fun outing!

Lilly invited Luna over after school the next few days, they had a good time together and became friends.
    P206cja.png
    eoRYwqo.png

It was nearing the end of the last semester and Lilly has almost completed her child aspiration.
    Things are going smoothly. :)
    wmo3qlz.png

@Sims4MagicalTales
    Thank you! It's funny that you commented today as I was thinking about reviving this post to continue the kids stories, I have completed their semester at prep school and they have started University. I should definitely update this, lol.